Age of Glory | Pietro Maximoff

By SaveTheBrooklynBoys

AGE OF GLORY Book One · ~ · ~ · ~ · ~ · "Pietro," Wanda whispers to him in Sokovian, "Pietro, come back. Dear... More

Prologue: You Didn't See That Coming
Chapter One: Show Me A Hero, And I'll Write You A Tragedy
Chapter Two: So When I Say This Looks Bad, I Promise You It Feels Worse
Chapter Three: I Thought I Knew Those Lies I Was Telling
Chapter Four: You Amazingly Failed
Chapter Five: You Know What It's Like To Be Unmade?
Chapter Six: I Have A Little Picture
Chapter Seven: I Have No Place In The World
Chapter Seven ½: Days of Future Past
Chapter Eight: I Adore You
Chapter Nine: A Thing Isn't Beautiful Because It Lasts
Chapter Ten: Trust My Rage
Chapter Eleven: I Still Believe In Heroes
Chapter Twelve: Семья (Family)
Chapter Thirteen: Goodbye, My Darling
Chapter Fourteen: We Create Our Own Demons
Chapter Fifteen: We Have An Enhanced In The Field
Chapter Sixteen: 12 Minutes Older
Author's Note: HELP!
Chapter Seventeen: With Great Power
Chapter Eighteen: While I Live And Until I Die
Chapter Nineteen: O Captain! My Captain!
Chapter Twenty: Higher, Further, Faster, More
Chapter Twenty-One: I'm Bringing The Party To You
Chapter Twenty-Two: Not Just Pain And Anger
Chapter Twenty-Four: Not When She Owes Me A Dance
Author's Note: NEW STORY!
Chapter Twenty-Five: Tear Them Apart From The Inside
Chapter Twenty-Six: Hope - I'll Take That From Them First
Chapter Twenty-Seven: I Don't Want Your Future
Chapter Twenty-Eight: She Always Amazes Me
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Just Because Someone Stumbles
Chapter Thirty: The Price Of Freedom Is High
Author's Note: CONTINUE?
Chapter Thirty-One: To Make A Difference
Chapter Thirty-Two: Prison Break? That's Illegal, You Know
Chapter Thirty-Three: You Keep Waiting For The Dust To Settle
Chapter Thirty-Four: Walk It Off
Chapter Thirty-Five: There Are No Other Options
Chapter Thirty-Six: We Win
Chapter Thirty-Seven: What Makes It Precious Is That It Ends
Chapter Thirty-Eight: And We Will Be The Stars We Were Always Meant To Be
Chapter Thirty-Nine: We Have To Be Greater Than What We Suffer
Chapter Forty: The One Thing I Can't Live Without
Epilogue: It's Like Christmas
Author's Note: AGE OF DARKNESS IS UP

Chapter Twenty-Three: The Right Partner

5.1K 177 37
By SaveTheBrooklynBoys

Picture is by unknown.

Music is "Solomon" by Hans Zimmer from the 12 Years A Slave OST.

All rights go to their rightful owners.

· ~ · ~ · ~ ·

"Figured I'd wait."
"For what?"
"The right partner." ~Steve Rogers, Peggy Carter

· ~ · ~ · ~ ·

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

He wouldn't even tell me where we were going. He just said to wear something inconspicuous and be prepared for anything. To which I replied, "Pietro, with you, that's every day."

So, I dressed in a simple black dress (which I borrowed from Wanda), black boots, and a golden hoodie. My hair was in usual waves and my makeup was simple.

He told me to wait by the jet at 10 o'clock this morning, so here I am, waiting for him. I asked Friday if he was coming soon and who would be driving us, but she wouldn't give me answers. She was told it was "classified". Strange.

Soon after I arrive, I see a blue blur race down the hallway towards the Stark airplane hanger. Pietro then stands in front of me, out of breath. "So sorry! I got lost!" He wears jeans and a white T-shirt with blue racing stripes. True to his superpower, he wouldn't leave home without his running shoes.

I laugh, hugging him. "Don't worry, Pietro. You're only," I check the clock on Friday's console, "two minutes late."

He smiles and pulls me up for a kiss. "Are you ready for our date?"

"Never more ready."

We enter the jet, though no one else is inside. "Who's flying us?" I ask, taking a seat in the comfortable area behind the cockpit. It's different than a quinjet. It's more of a leisure jet than a military/Avenger plane.

Pietro sits beside me and the Hawk comes aboard, wearing a pilots uniform. "Believe it or not, I can fly a normal plane."

I smile at Clint. "Where are we going? I asked Friday, but she wouldn't spill a word."

"Good!" Clint opens the cockpit door and enters. A few moments later, I hear him over the intercom, saying, "Good morning, lady and gentleman. Our destination is classified, but we should be arriving in a couple hours. Sit back and enjoy your flight. And no funny business, kids. Tony says to keep his jet clean."

I roll my eyes, turning to Pietro. "You're really not going to tell me?"

He shakes his head, no. "Nope. It is a surprise for my beautiful girlfriend." He kisses my nose and wraps his arm around my shoulders. "And you do look amazing."

"I'm wearing a hoodie," I laugh. "I've worn more sophisticated."

"You could wear a paper bag and you would still be the most beautiful woman I have ever laid eyes on."

I blush and change the subject. "It's a really nice plane. Tony let you borrow it?" The interior is regal looking, all red and cream colors. There are two separate sofa areas in the cabin, one in the front where we sit, and one by the bathroom in the rear. It's clearly a private, professional plane.

"I asked him a day or two ago for permission, and Clint offered to fly us anywhere I wanted."

"So I get no hints?" I move over to his lap and sit facing him. "None at all?"

He shakes his head, smirking. "Sorry not sorry. You will love it, though. At least, I hope you will."

I kiss him slowly. "I'm sure I will. I'll love anything you do."

I cup his face in my hands and kiss his bottom lip. He eagerly kisses me back, wrapping his arms around me. "You are evil, Glory," he grumbles.

I chuckle in a low tone and keep kissing him. "I do enjoy having fun."

Pietro pushes me off him and down onto the sofa. I'm completely venerable to him on my back. He smirks and leans over me on all fours, his hands on either side of my face and his knees on either side of my dress-covered thighs. I gulp, probably visibly, and stare into his intense, blue eyes, wondering what he plans to do.

He dips his head low and places a kiss on my forehead, then my nose, then my lips, capturing each in an endearing way that only he can. His warm lips reach my neck after a short period of time and begin to place small kisses there.

"Who's evil now?" I chuckle.

"Do not worry," he whispers in my ear. "I am not going to try anything with Clint in the next room." He laughs quietly and leans down to kiss me.

"I love you," I whisper.

He pulls back and smiles down at me. "And I, you."

· ~ · ~ · ~ ·

When the jet settles down, I rush to my he window to see where we are. I see lots of snow covered mountains surrounding a small city. None of the buildings are very large, but there seems to be some sort of festivities going on. The people are out in the streets, dancing, lighting fires and singing foreign songs.

"Where are we?"

"This is southern Sokovia," Pietro says. "I was born here, in this city."

I turn around from the window to look at him. "You were born... here?"

He nods. "I wanted to show you that not every Sokovian city is in riots to the Avengers. See the parades and celebrations? It is the festival Спасен от уничтожения, 'saved from destruction'. They celebrate the Avengers every year."

Clint comes out from the cockpit, and says, "Here we are, southern Sokovia. When do you want me back?"

"I have a hotel set up for us," Pietro answers. "Tomorrow morning. Ten o'clock this time?"

Clint nods and hugs us both. "You crazy kids have fun."

"We will. Thank you for the ride, Clint."

"Yes," I say. "Thank you."

After the jet leaves, I turn to Pietro. "A hotel? And you didn't tell me to pack?"

Pietro holds up a suitcase. "I had Wanda pack you clothes. I did not want to spoil anything."

I smile and reach up on my tip toes to kiss him. "You're so sweet."

We begin our decent into town. Everyone seems so alive and happy. For the first time, I've seen happy, alive, safe Sokovians. They're lighting torches and fires, dancing to live music in the town square, and hanging banners of the Avengers. I smell food being cooked, I hear children playing in the streets, and I feel the warmth of the people around me.

Pietro was right. This is much better than what I'd seen before.

He leads me over to a small Inn, just two stories tall, but it's very quaint and homey. We go inside, and the woman at the counter smiles at us, then her eyes grow wide. "P'yetro!" she shouts. "Мой сладкий мальчик!"

Pietro goes up to her and hugs her small, aged frame. He says something to her in his native tongue, and she replies. She kisses his cheek and looks to me. She must have asked a question, because Pietro turns to me, and says, "Glory, this is Alma. She was Wanda and my caretaker of sorts, after my parents died. Alma, this is Glory, my love."

Alma smiles at me and goes over to hug me. "You are very beautiful! P'yetro, you did very well." I blush and thank her. She kisses me on my cheeks, and says, "Take care of this one for me? He's a handful." She winks to Pietro.

"Alma, do not embarass me," Pietro laughs. "We need a room for later, after the festivities."

She hurries to the counter. "I have just the room. It faces the north side, towards the mountains. The stars are beautiful this time of year there." She hands me a small key to our room and closes my hands around it. "Welcome to Sokovia, Glory. Welcome back, P'yetro."

We walk towards the room, down the hall, to the end. "Alma seems nice."

"She is. She's a very special lady."

"She must be. She practically raised you and Wanda."

He laughs as we enter our room. "I am not sure whether that was an insult to Wanda and I for being obnoxious kids, or a compliment to her for her wonderful skills."

I wiggle my eyebrows at him. "Take it any way you like." I flop down on the bed and look around the room. It has red walls, black carpet, and very little decorations, but it's simple and clean. "It's very nice."

"I thought you would like it." Pietro sets our bag down and comes over to me on the bed. "I figured you might want to get away from all the pressure in New York for a day."

"It's very sweet." I kiss him and pull him down on the bed with me. He and I lay on our sides, facing each other, wrapped in each other's embrace.

"Do you miss your world at all?" he asks out of the blue.

I look at him curiously. "Why would you ask that?"

"I just feel like you might be missing your world, the normal, humans-only world."

"Pietro, I have dreamed for a long time about your world. I don't miss my world. I love your world, and you."

He smiles and pecks me again. "Are you sure?"

"Do you miss my world?" I reply.

He laughs, hiding his face in my neck. "I miss having you not be so stressed."

"I don't miss it, Pietro. Not really. I have my friends: Arry, Vlad, Cordelia, and Aspen. I have you, safe and sound and alive. I have powers, fricken superpowers. I have new friends in the Avengers. I don't have to worry about Gregory or my family or anything except you and my new family. Powers are stressful," I tilt his chin up, "but you are worth every second of it."

"You asked me yesterday how you got so lucky. I am wondering how I deserve you." He crawls on top of me and kisses me passionately.

"How about we stop with we deserve each other?" I suggest, out of breath.

He nods and pecks me chastely. "Are you hungry? I know the perfect place for dinner."

"It's only," I turn to the clock and find it reading seven in the evening, "wait, it's seven?"

Pietro laughs and pulls me up from the bed. "We are in eastern Europe, Glory."

I laugh and follow him to the door. "So, where is this place you're so excited about showing me?"

"It is across town, but the town is not that big."

"How many people live here?"

"In southern Sokovia? Around a thousand. It is small, but the people are friendly. They have recovered well here from Ultron."

When we reach outside, we are greeted with a display of talent. There are fire breathers, jugglers, and all sorts of people performing dangerous and exciting feats. People are making jewelry, pottery, festive clothing, and other arts, selling them in small stands along the sides of the streets.

I feel a rush of wind, and Pietro's hand leaves mine. I turn to see him standing at a small store, exchanging money for a small boxed item with the woman selling there. He thanks her and runs back over to me.

"I thought we were supposed to be inconspicuous," I chuckle.

He shrugs. "They will not see me. Not with all this going on." He grasps my hand and places the box in my palm. "For you, Возлюбленная."

I blush and look at the small, blue box with golden ribbon. "What's this for? It's not my birthday any time soon."

"I met you two weeks ago as of tomorrow," he says, wrapping his arms around me. "That means a lot to me. So, this is for you, to remind you of me when I might not be around."

I smile up and him and then start to open the box as we stand by the streets. I save the ribbon, placing it in my pocket. Inside the box is a delicate, clear, teardrop shaped vial on an antique chain. Inside the small vial are flower petals. I gasp and place my hand over my mouth. "Pietro... this is so beautiful."

"I flew up here yesterday, before your accident. That is why I was absent at your training. I had the woman who makes these put the petals from the flowers I gave you on the night of the party at Stark's."

"I thought they looked familiar." I jump up, wrapping my arms around his neck and hugging him tightly. "Thank you, Pietro. I love it!"

He helps me put it on, careful not to get it caught in my long, red hair. "I am very glad you like it."

We again join hands and walk down the streets, enjoying the crisp air and the happiness of the city lights. I keep playing with the long chain and the vial on the end. How could someone be so thoughtful and sweet?

Before we even turn the corner towards the restaurant, I immediately smell delicious food. "Wow, that smells good."

"This place," he motions to a small restaurant with outside seating, "has the best, classic Sokovian food for miles."

"And what exactly is classic Sokovian food?"

"You will love it."

END CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

· ~ · ~ · ~ ·

Russian words:

"Mой сладкий мальчик ."

English translation:

"My sweet boy."

· ~ · ~ · ~ ·

Hey guys!

Sorry for being so slow! I haven't been on as much. The school year is ending, and that has kept me busy. I'm still here! I swear :)

Love and Light,
~Save_Pietro_Maximoff

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.6K 637 28
"He's taken one hostage." "Information on them?" "Yeah. HYDRA volunteer. Apparently Loki made a partnership with them for the scepter, they backed ou...
338K 8.9K 30
WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS!! If you haven't seen Age of Ultron, well this contains Spoilers! I'm not human, I'm not an experiment. I'm a mutant, a m...
103K 1.7K 30
This is a story about you being Tony Stark's daughter. But one day while you were working down in the lab something happens. But then when it gets cl...
14.9K 369 16
BOOK 1 Y/N is a 23 year old super genius, she graduated University at 18 and has been obsessed on recreating wanda's mind reading powers. She was com...