Attack of the Clones- LOTJP V...

By GeminiRose22

Set in the Legend of the Jedi Princess-verse, this is the tale of how Padme Amidala and Anakin Skywalker fell... More

Bounty Hunter
Refugees & Mystery Worlds
Where's Kamino?
Date on Naboo
The Clone Army
Parental Secrets & Jedi Mysteries
Return to Tatooine
Bounty Hunters, Battle Droids, & Tusken Raiders
Grief & Emergency Powers
The Battle of Geonosis
The Clone War Begins

Unrest & Reunion

102 1 0
By GeminiRose22

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

There is unrest in the Galactic Senate. Several thousand solar systems have declared their intentions to leave the Republic. This separatist movement, under the leadership of the mysterious Count Dooku has made it difficult for the limited number of Jedi Knights to maintain peace and order in the galaxy.

Senator Amidala, the former Queen of Naboo and mother of Gabriella Amidala-Skywalker, the current princess of Naboo, is returning to the Galactic Senate to vote on the critical issue of creating an ARMY OF THE REPUBLIC to assist the overwhelmed Jedi...

Meanwhile, a Naboo ship was making its way down to Coruscant. And on that ship was the lovely former queen of Naboo now a senator Padme Amidala.

"Senator, we're making our final approach into Coruscant." said the ship's liutenant.

"Very good, Lieutenant." said Padme.

"Good, tenant!" said a little voice beside Padme.

And the owner of that voice was a tiny toddler named Gabriella Amidala-Skywalker, though most people now knew her only as Gabriella Amidala. You see, it was unknown to most of the galaxy who Princess Gabriella's father was. He was none other than Jedi Padawan Anakin Skywalker, who was also Gabby's Jedi guardian whenever she was at the Temple. Being both a princess and potential Jedi master, Gabriella spent time in both worlds: Senate and Jedi. As far as anyone else knew, whatever happened at the party where Padme got pregnant, absolutely no one knew who the father was, but Padme assured everyone she would care for the baby and ensure she wouldn't be fatherless.

It was hard to find anyone who could look at the adorable princess without smiling, especially when she shined her beautiful green eyes and smiled at them. Even the most serious folks couldn't stop the corners of their mouths from rising as they gazed at the little cutie.

Gabby was a very curious little princess, and very smart for her age too. But, that didn't mean she was without the instincts of a toddler. One way or another, trouble found this child. But, as long as she had Teddy, she was usually kept at bay.

The ship soon made its way onto the landing platform. And it wasn't alone either. Two smaller ships also arrived, one of which was driven by R2-D2 and Captain Typho.

"We made it." said Typho, taking off his helmet as he approached a woman.

Padme and the crew exited the ship, the little princess being first out as she started toddling about across the platform.

"I guess I was wrong." said Typho. "There was no danger at all."

Suddenly... KABOOM!

A big explosion burst from inside the ship, sending everyone flying about, including a woman named Corde, who'd served as Padme's decoy.

"Corde!" Padme said, coming to Corde's side.

"I'm sorry," said Corde. "I've failed you, Senator."

"No." Padme felt tears coming to her eyes.

"Milady," said Typho, coming to Padme's side. "you're still in danger here."

Padme gasped. "Where's my baby?!"

"Mommy!" called a familiar voice. "Mommy!"

"Gabby, where are you?" Padme called.

Luckily, one of the guards was able to shield Gabby from the explosion.

"She's fine, Senator. Princess Gabriella is unharmed." said the guard, handing the toddler to her mother.

"Oh, Sweetie." Padme sighed with relief, kissing her baby's head. "I shouldn't have come back."

"This vote is very important." said Typho. "You did your duty. Corde did hers. Now, come."

Padme looked at Corde's body and felt like crying.

"Senator Amidala, please." Typho said.

"Mommy sad?" Gabby said, looking sad. She had gotten better at talking, but she was still learning to complete sentences.

Padme held Gabby close to her chest and moved along with Captain Typho.

"Mommy just lost a dear friend, Baby." Padme said. "She gave her life to keep us both safe."

Gabby didn't like seeing her mom so upset. She held her teddy bear up to her mother, hoping it would offer some comfort to her.

Padme sighed and gave a sad smile at her daughter's effort to console her. She might not understand death, but she did understand sadness.

Later that same day, some members of the Jedi Council were in a meeting with Chancellor Palpatine of the Galactic Senate.

"I am uncertain how much longer I can hold off the vote, my friends." said the chancellor. "More and more star systems are joining the separatists."

"If they do break away-" began Mace Windu until the chancellor intervened.

"I will not let this Republic that has stood for a thousand years be split in two. My negotiations will not fail."

"If they do, you must realize there are not enough Jedi to protect the Republic. We're keepers of the peace, not soldiers."

"Master Yoda," said the Chancellor, turning to the little green man. "Do you really think it will come to war?"

"Hmm, the dark side clouds everything." said Yoda. "Impossible to see the future is."

That was when a holo-transmission came on for the chancellor.

"Good. Send them in," said the Chancellor. "We will discuss this matter later."

Into the Chancellor's office came Padme, Representative Jar Jar Binks, Captain Typho, and Senator Bail Organa. And little Princess Gabby eagerly ran to each Jedi master she saw and hugged their legs. No matter what the Jedi Code said, even the Jedi Masters couldn't resist seeing how adorable it was when the princess' innocent little eyes lit up with wonder and joy every time she saw them, and she wanted to give them some love just because.

"Senator Amidala," said Yoda. "your tragedy on the landing platform terrible. Seeing you alive brings warm feelings to my heart."

That was also when Gabby came and hugged Yoda like a teddy bear, him being the only one the same size as her at the time, he could return her hug easily.

"Hmm. Little Princess Gabriella's hugs, bring warm feelings they do too." Yoda chuckled.

"Do you have any idea who was behind this attack?" Padme asked as Gabby crawled over to Master Mundi and he picked her up to keep her from wandering again.

"Our intelligence points to disgruntled spice miners on the moons of Naboo." Mace said, approaching the senator while Ki-Adi kept the child occupied by making her teddy bear dance.

"I think that Count Dooku was behind it." Padme told Mace.

"He is a political idealist, not a murderer." Ki-Adi said, looking away from the child.

"What's murderer?" Gabby asked, making the Jedi freeze, as he'd not prepared to answer such a big question from a small child.

"It's someone who hurts people really badly on purpose," said Mace. "And they... go to sleep... forever."

That was the only way Mace could think of how to explain to a toddler without scarring her for life.

"That sounds mean." Gabby said as Ki-Adi placed her in Mace's arms before leaving.

"It is." Mace said before turning his attention back to Padme. "You know, milady, Count Dooku was once a Jedi. He couldn't assassinate anyone. It's not in his character."

"But for certain, Senator," said Yoda. "in grave danger you are. And your princess as well."

"Master Jedi," said the chancellor. "may I suggest the senator and the princess be placed under the protection of your graces."

"Do you really think that's a wise decision under these stressful times?" said Bail Organa.

"Chancellor, if I may comment," said Padme. "I do not believe-"

"The situation is that serious?" said the chancellor. "No, but I do, Senator. I realize all too well that additional security might be disruptive for you, but you must also think of what is best for your daughter's protection. Perhaps someone you are both familiar with. An old friend like Master Kenobi."

"That's possible." said Mace. "He's just returned from a border dispute on Ansion."

"Do it if not for me, for your daughter, milady. Please?" said the chancellor. "The thought of losing you or your precious little girl... is unbearable."

"I will have Obi-Wan report to you immediately, milady." said Mace, giving Gabby back to Padme, gently tapping the toddler's nose. "You be a good girl, Princess."

"Thank you, Master Windu."

Not two hours later, Master Obi-Wan Kenobi and his young Padawan, a now nineteen-year-old Anakin Skywalker were in the elevator at the apartment complex of Padme Amidala's residence.

Anakin was dusting himself off, eager to see Padme, as well as his little daughter again. It'd only been a month since he'd last seen his daughter, but it felt like forever since he'd seen her mother.

"You seem a little on edge." said Obi-Wan.

"Not at all." Anakin said, wiping a bead of sweat from his brow.

"I haven't felt you this tense since we fell into that nest of gundarks."

Anakin scoffed and said, "You fell into that nightmare, Master, and I rescued you remember? I still have the scar on my leg to prove it."

"Oh... yes." Obi-Wan laughed a bit. So did Anakin.

Obi-Wan noticed Anakin was sweating.

"You're sweating. Relax. Take a deep breath."

"It's been two years, Master." Anakin said. "And a month since I've seen the little princess."

Obi-Wan chuckled. "I'm certain she'll be eager to see you as well."

Obi-Wan and Anakin were soon met by Jar Jar, who was so happy to see Obi-Wan again

"Mesa so smilin' to see ya!" said Jar Jar excitedly.

"Good to see you again, Jar Jar." said Obi-Wan.

"Senator Padme." Jar Jar called. "Mesa palos here! Lookie, lookie, Senator."

Padme approached the Jedi to greet them and shook hands with Obi-Wan.

"It's a great pleasure to see you again, milady." said the Master.

"It has been far too long, Master Kenobi." Padme greeted. And then she saw Anakin behind him. "Ani? My goodness you've grown."

"So have you." said Anakin, then his cheeks turned red. "Grown more beautiful, I mean. Well, f-for a senator I mean."

Padme chuckled and said, "Ani, you'll always be that little boy I knew on Tatooine."

"Uh, speaking of little kids... where's that little angel of yours? Whoa!"

Anakin fell forward as someone small but really strong jumped on him from behind.

"Gotcha!" said a young voice. "I'm Tigger and I tagged you!"

"Gabby!" Padme scolded. "What have we said? Tigger Tag is an outdoor game."

"Good to see you again, little one." Obi-Wan said.

"Uncle Obi!" Gabby said, running into Obi-Wan's arms and giving him a big hug.

Anakin picked himself up and dusted himself off.

"Sorry. Ever since we've been reading her those Winnie the Pooh books we were given, she won't stop imitating that bouncing Tigger character." Padme said, her words being proven as Gabby started jumping and bouncing around when Obi-Wan put her down.

"I can see that." Obi-Wan chuckled, finding it amusing to see the little one bouncing and playing."

Gabby, however, didn't neglect to jump into her dad's arms. Anakin held Gabby and didn't hesitate to give her a big hug and nuzzle her with some kisses. He wasn't the only Jedi to do so when he held her, but he was definitely the first one, and naturally so since he was her father.

"Our presence here will be invisible, milady, I can assure you." Obi-Wan promised.

"Who's got the prettiest sparkly eyes?" Anakin cooed, tapping Gabby's nose. "You do. You do!"

Gabby giggled at how goofy her father was acting around her right now.

"I'm Captain Typho of Her Majesty's security service." the captain introduced himself as the others sat down. "Queen Jamillia has been informed of your assignment. I am grateful you are here, Master Kenobi. The situation is more dangerous than the senator will admit."

There were suddenly lots of pretty flowers growing.

"Does it by any chance involve flowers?" Obi-Wan asked, noticing the flowers growing where plants didn't normally grow. And then he saw Anakin tickling Gabby. "Anakin, I think Tickle Time needs to end right now."

"I don't need more security. I need answers." said Padme. "I want to know who's trying to kill me and if they're after my daughter."

Suddenly, Gabby got worried, and that made a bunch of dark clouds start to form in the room.

"Ani?" Padme said.

"Shh. Shh. It's okay, little one." Anakin soothed, holding Gabby over his shoulder and gently stroking her hair. "Settle down."

"We are here to protect you, Senator. And the princess as well." Obi-Wan said. "Not to start an investigation."

"We will find out who's trying to harm you, Padme." Anakin said. "I promise you."

Anakin knew it wasn't the assignment, but he felt he had an obligation to do so both as a Jedi and a father.

"We will not exceed our mandate, my young Padawan learner." Obi-Wan said.

"But if you don't find out who's doing it, how do you know how to protect me and Mommy?" Gabby asked.

"I meant that in the interest of protecting them, Master." said Anakin.

"We will not go through this exercise again, Anakin." said Obi-Wan. "And you will pay attention to my lead."

"Why?" Anakin and Gabby asked at the same time.

"What?" Obi-Wan said, looking at Anakin.

"Why else do you think we were assigned to her if not to find the killer?" said Anakin. "Protection is a job for local security, not Jedi. It's overkill, Master. Investigation is implied in our mandate."

"We will do exactly as the council has instructed." Obi-Wan said. "And you will learn your place, young one."

Anakin then held Gabby up.

"Care to look into these eyes and repeat all that to this little face?" Anakin said.

Gabby looked at Obi-Wan, her eyes looking big and sad and seeming to hold this intense grip on Obi-Wan's heart that he couldn't explain. All of a sudden, he felt really guilty when he looked at her eyes.

"Are you not gonna stop whoever wants to hurt my mommy?" Gabby asked innocently.

"Uh..." Obi-Wan was speechless. "We will do what we can, little one."

Anakin smirked at Obi-Wan, but Obi-Wan glared at him when the child wasn't looking, his eyes clearly saying, Using a little girl as a weapon? That's low, Anakin.

"Perhaps merely with your presence," said Padme. "the mystery surrounding this threat will be revealed."

Padme got up and took her daughter into her arms.

"Now if you will excuse me, I will retire."

Gabby waved cutely to her father as her mother carried her away. Anakin couldn't help waving back and smiling at her.

"I know I'll feel better having you here." said Typho. "I'll have an officer stationed on every floor and I'll be in the control center downstairs."

And off the captain went.

"Mesa bustin wit happiness seein yousa again, Ani." said Jar Jar.

"I'm not sure if she recognizes me, Jar Jar." Anakin confessed. "I've thought about her and our little princess every day since we parted, and... I worry about them."

"Theysa happy. Happier den mesa seein either them in a longo time."

"You're focusing on the negative, Anakin." said Obi-Wan, walking in after the Senator left the room. "Be mindful of your thoughts. She was pleased to see us, and the little one especially eager to see you. Now, let's check the security- Agh!"

This time, Obi-Wan got Tigger tagged from in front of him.

"Tigger tagged you, Uncle Obi!" Gabby cheered.

"How did you escape your mother, little one?" said Obi-Wan, sitting up.

"Princess, there you are." said one of the handmaidens, picking up the little one. "Come on, little one. It's time for you to get to sleep."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

998 39 5
Anakin refuses to leave his mother behind in slavery if she'll never be freed. Qui-Gon never comes back, but Obi-Wan does. When he does, he's... diff...
21.8K 376 118
Skywalker Family Secrets. In this AU story, Anakin and Padme have a child sooner than either of them would've expected. But she is no ordinary child...
238K 7K 27
Anakin Skywalker x Reader AU You hoped to marry for love, to find someone that truly understands you and gives you the happiness you believe in your...
212 22 9
When the political situation becomes dangerous in Coruscant, Palpatine decides to send his daughter Iris to Naboo to keep her safe. Luckily, Iris is...