I Hate You, I Love You (Rewri...

By Pusheentrash

(Springtrap x Reader x Shadow Freddy) Welcome to Fazbear's Fright, the horror attraction! We ask that new em... More

Prologue
Tour
Deals
Introductions
Uninformative
Phantom

Diversion

7 0 0
By Pusheentrash

You opened the conversation as soon as Shadow Freddy finally took up your offer and sat down. "I suppose we should start with how you're here."

"Let me see... I was first introduced to the real world about... oh... thirty years ago now? Perhaps longer. Bonnie and I appeared at the same time, just after the fire that brought this place to the ground." The shade's tone was conversational, his smile friendly. He spoke as if he were telling a story, not answering a question about himself. "It was such a boring three decades, too - no one came to visit and we had long assumed Springtrap to be nothing more than a dead husk."

"Why didn't you try to leave?"

"Oh, we did. Multiple times, in fact." He elaborated further, saying, "to our dismay, it was as if some invisible barrier blocked us at every attempt. We could see the outside world, feel the sun and the rain and the wind... but we could not go past where the walls used to be." Each word was punctuated with a passive emotion, like that of someone recalling a bitter memory. "And when the attraction was built in place of that decaying structure, we lost even what little access we had to the world outside. The walls and roof blocked out the elements, there were no windows to let in the sun or moonlight. Our only glimpses are now what we see through open doors."

A wry smile crossed his face, brilliant white eyes focusing on your own. "Oh, but, it's not all bad. After all, I can socialize during the daytime hours now. And at night... I can find myself alone with one of the most attractive individuals I've been blessed to encounter."

You readjusted yourself on the desk in an attempt to put even more space between yourself and the purple bear in the chair. "For your sake, I'm going to ignore that. Why the animosity with Springtrap?"

Shadow Freddy sighed dramatically. Too dramatically in your opinion. "Are you still trying to get answers about him? I must say, I don't understand your interest."

"The pair of you have done nothing but fight since the night started," you retaliated coolly. "In addition to that, he is my responsibility as long as I work here. It's only natural that I'd be curious as to the nature of your bad relationship."

"I suppose you have a point there." The bear hummed quietly. "To put matters very bluntly, Springtrap is abrasive and violent towards everyone in the attraction. The staff, the phantoms. My partner and I were included in that. And while Bonnie quite enjoys using his hatred against him, the rest of us would prefer he either stay where he belongs or leave."

"Where he belongs?"

He waved a hand-paw dismissively. "A small and closed off room in the back of the attraction. It's where he rotted when the initial structure was still present and it was incorporated in this maze as a jumpscare point. Only accessible via the vents, of course."

You tapped your folder idly. "Very well. Let's move on. You have mentioned your alleged partner a few times now... Bonnie. Are they like you?"

"If by that you mean am I a shadow, then you're right on the money honeybunch!" You turned, coming face to face with a dark-colored rabbit shoving his face through the glass behind you. His body floated horizontally behind him on the other side of the glass. You noted with some amusement that he was kicking his feet like a teenage schoolgirl in an 80's romcom.

"Please don't call me that."

The grin the rabbit sported turned into a playful pout. "Well dollface certainly doesn't work now, does it? Freddy has already laid claim to calling you dear. And I can't exactly call you "love" yet!"

You could feel a headache coming on already. It was only 12:48... you'd have to bring ibuprofen on the shift with you next time. "How about you call me by my name instead?"

"Bonnie, it's only their first night." Shadow Freddy chided in a tone you could only describe as teasing and incredibly insincere. "We can't make moves on them too quickly~"

You scoffed, jumping off of the desk and landing on the floor beside your bag. You turned back only briefly to reclaim your folder of notes before busying yourself with organizing your stuff. "I couldn't be any less interested even if you tried." Ensuring that your taser was firmly attached to your belt, you faced the shadows again. "So unless you also wish to answer my questions, Bonnie, then I will kindly ask you to leave."

"Aw, but pumpkin~" He drifted the rest of the way into the office, solidifying bit by bit until he was laying splayed out on top of the desk. "It's not fair that only Freddy and Mr. Tall Dark and Edgy get to see you~ C'mon, let us show you around! I promise to be cooperative once satisfied~"

"Thank you for the offer, but I think I will hold to my decision to finish my conversation with your partner first," you responded firmly.

"I'm flattered you wish to remain in my company alone, dear." You narrowed your eyes at the bear as he smiled calmly. "But I do seem to recall offering to introduce you to the other phantoms that lurk within these halls. Now that you've met Bonnie and Springtrap both, it's only fair that you meet the rest of our lovely residents."

"And I seem to recall this chat with you being a test on whether or not I could offer you any semblance of trust." You retaliated coldly. "We had barely begun our discussion when your friend here interrupted, so my answer is still exactly the same as it was five minutes ago."

Shadow Bonnie propped himself up on his elbows to face you more directly. His eyes, much like Shadow Freddy's, were a piercing white that glowed all the more brightly against his black fur. More prominent lashes and generally larger eyes gave him a more expressive face, as evidenced by the puppy-dog stare he was currently giving you. "Come on, pumpkin~ You're only the second night guard. And the first fresh staff member we've seen in weeks!" You wondered how many of the shadow's childish complaints and flirty remarks were indicative of his real personality. The percentage would greatly influence how hard you slapped Scott when he showed up in the morning.

"And besides... Scottie says you're only temporary." Bonnie continued. "That means we don't get to see you long~"

"And I fully intend to keep it that way." You shot back, crossing your arms. "I happen to enjoy being my own boss, and this little night shift is merely doing a favor for a close friend."

"So there's no hope convincing you to stay?" Now Freddy was giving you a pitiable expression, though in a slightly more dignified manner. As if being double-teamed by a pair of annoying shadows would change your mind.

"None at all, I'm afraid." Your eyes narrowed. "And if you two don't give me a very convincing reason why I should take you up on this tour offer instead of finishing my questioning, I won't change my mind on that either." You began tapping your foot slowly, rhythmically. Counting out the passing seconds. "You have exactly three minutes to come up with one. Starting now."

"No need to come up with a reason." Freddy smiled, sharing a look with Bonnie. Oh, you distrusted that look so so much. "There's a very good one I can give you right now."

"And what, pray tell, is that?"

The two shadows moved closer, smiling conspiringly between each other. It was watching two children deliberately bring up an inside joke, fully aware that you weren't in the know about it. This whole situation was childish, in fact. It was a less surprising realization than you had thought it would be.

"Sooner or later, you will have to meet the other residents of our little home. Whether that be later tonight or tomorrow," Freddy explained smoothly, placing himself to your immediate left. His very presence felt like you were standing beside an open refrigerator. It would have been pleasant if the office had been any warmer, but unfortunately, that was not the case.

"And unlike us, they're not quite as friendly or welcoming to newcomers." Bonnie crooned, slinking upright and on your immediate right. "So would it not be better to meet them early, on your terms, with the two of us there to back you up if need be?" And you had thought Freddy was cold... Shadow Bonnie was like standing next to a human-sized block of dry ice. You'd never known anything to feel so frigid...

Still, you continued tapping away with crossed arms with an unfazed expression. It would take more than a little bit of cold and invasion of personal space to influence you. "And what do you mean by 'not quite as friendly' exactly?"

"Oh, anything from active malice to passive aggression depending on how much the entity dislikes you~" Bonnie hummed with a coy smile.

You sighed heavily. "And my meeting them earlier will somehow change that?"

"Of course. It means you get to make a good impression on them before they get the chance to form a negative opinion of you." Freddy gestured vaguely towards your door. "Your chances of keeping the peace during your stay increase drastically if they like you."

"And to sweeten the deal..." that coy smile Bonnie had widened a tad as he leaned closer still to whisper very not-secretively to you. "You'll have more people willing to give you information if you get on their good side early~"

Neither shadow seemed willing to back down on this matter. With how insistent they were, you had to wonder why they were so keen on interrupting your questioning. It's like they wanted to keep you in the dark. Springtrap had been pretty tightlipped too... You sighed again.

"Alright, alright. You've convinced me. I'll accept another tour of this place to meet these mysterious other entities." You dropped your hand to your hip warningly. "However, if this proves to be a trick or a means of putting me in harm's way..." You lifted the tazer again, letting the electricity crackle ominously. "I will hurt you in turn, even if I have to hunt you down myself. Understood?"

You received some very enthusiastic nods before your arms were seized on both sides. "You made the right choice, dear." You desperately wanted to taze that condescending smile off of Shadow Freddy's face right about now... but you refrained. You still needed his cooperation for the time being.

"Come on, pumpkin~ Let's introduce you to the phantoms!"

(Well... it's been nearly a year since I actually updated this. But I am back and back for good this time around! Thank you everyone who is miraculously still reading, and have a wonderful day/night! See you in the next one.

-Pusheentrash)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

501K 10.2K 33
(Completed) You apply for a job at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza due to the fact that you are now an adult and need a steady income to provide for yourself...
856 39 9
Glamrock Freddy x Reader, Glamrock Bonnie x Reader, and Montgomery x Reader all in one story! Dear (Y/n) (L/n), I know that you are at a stage in yo...
102K 2.4K 37
*COMPLETED, UNDER GRAMMATICAL EDITING* Living in the real world as an adult had its challenges. You knew that. But you never expected it to result to...
124 0 8
A/N: For all my earlier readers, this is the continuation of my fanfic because i got locked out of my old account You have to get a job at some point...