A Real Defect

By Roxasfan58

First story of this kind for Hi-fi Rush More

Introduction
Track 2: Different way
Track 3: First boss
Track 4: Center of Earth
Track 5: Test chamber
Track 6: More test!
Track 7: The pacifist

Track 1: Musical world

856 9 1
By Roxasfan58

I don't know exactly what happened, one minute I was in my room taking a nap after finishing my homework and the next moment I'm woken up by a loud alarm which for sure didn't belong in my alarm clock because it wasn't that loud, next what i do know is that my bed which was flat and hard and cold starts to lift and that made me open my eyes and when i did i started to look around and suddenly i find myself in some strange place which certainly wasn't my room then. The last thing I know is that the platform I was on smashes me hard against a metal mesh that was nearby, hurting me slightly.

Chai: What pain!

After I finish lying down and stop feeling pain I stand up and notice that instead of my right arm I had a robotic arm.

Chai: (scream) what happened! What have you done to me!

I fall to the floor with a frightening realization as I try to remove this arm that wasn't mine but I couldn't do it because it was glued to me. I kept trying for a few seconds but couldn't and so gave up.

I lowered my head while trying to remember how I got into this situation even though I was sure I didn't do anything else after resting, I looked at my robotic arm and for some reason it looked familiar even though I couldn't remember why. Then there was the sound of a loudspeaker about to announce an alert and the voice speaking belonged to a woman.

???: An error has occurred. Proceed to the checkpoint.

What the hell? Checkpoint? Where did I go some kind of video game? Although this strangely sounded even more familiar to me. However I looked around and there was no indication of where this checkpoint was so I just had to hope that I took the right path so I could also find someone who could tell me where I was and why I had this robotic arm. I went to my left and started walking and a little further on I saw a little blue and white being holding a vacuum cleaner who was cleaning near some green pipes that were about to fall off him, I ran towards him and took him to the other side while the pipes fell making a noise. I put the little blue and white being on the ground, which turned out to be a small robot with three wheels instead of legs and the vacuum cleaner on its shoulders.

Chai: Are you okay?

SCR-UB: oh dear, trying to clean I made it even more dirty. Anyway thanks for the rescue pal.

Chai: You're welcome, listen, could you please tell me where I am?

SCR-UB: Certainly! You're currently on the assembly line for the Vandelay project Armstrong plant, and judging by your right arm, it looks like you're one of the candidates.

Wait! Did he just say Armstrong? Vandelay? Oh-oh! Please tell me this is just a dream.

Chai: t-t-thanks, but now I have to go to the checkpoint, please be more careful next time.

SCR-UB: Certainly and thanks to you too.

After we said hello, it felt like wheels started turning in my head and suddenly everything started to make sense. I don't want to believe it but it seems that I ended up inside my last game purchase and that my mind has taken the place of that of the main character. At least it couldn't have gone worse than that I could have been: one of the enemy robots, an NPC, one of the bosses or even 808 and this last one would have been weird strong besides having to become a sphere that has to follow an idiot and walk on 4 legs . However I resumed walking on my way to the checkpoint as I now remembered where it was so there was no need to go random anymore. On the way I also picked up the energy drink they gave you to restore half the life the original Chai had lost after the operation, taste it a bit and boy! if he was right that this stuff put you back on track and i could also feel that i was brimming with electricity and this...was slightly concerned and in fact i wonder what they put in this stuff. But for now it was better to go and get my things quickly before they get suspicious, I reached the checkpoint and went near the conveyor belt where the crate with Chai's stuff was, changed and walked in front of the double doors metal wings that split open so it came out, now it was the first fight of the game but i didn't feel like fighting now so i wanted to see if i could scare the robots with a joke i just came up with.

I turned to look around and found the trio of SBL-001s waiting for me,

not wanting to get a tablet in the face i walked up to them and acted like an idiot even though i knew what i was doing.

Chai: Hey guys! What do you say?

SBL-001 (1): Ok, kid. LX-DUST75 robotic arm, magnetic waste collector appendage...

Chai: What's new... (sarcastic)

SBL-001: Foreign object detected, looks like a defect. take him!

The other two who were standing behind approached me but I didn't move an inch and indifferently watched them as I did what I had to do. I raised my right hand which rotated quickly and opened the wrist to let out the waste collector.

SBL-001 (2): Is it a weapon?

I laughed slightly at the question and put it on display.

Chai: This? Oh! no, no, no, this is just a tool specially designed for a certain purpose.

The two looked at each other for a moment before the one on my left spoke again.

ABL-001 (2): A purpose? And what would that be?

Chai: A long, hard and painful colonoscopy for all Vandelay robots.

The three of them became scared hearing this and put their hands on their butts while shaking.

Chai: And do you know what the funny thing is? Which in addition to having the approval to do this practice will be extremely enjoyable for me and extremely painful for you.

I said it in a sadistic tone making the robots tremble even more.

Chai: So... who's first?

All three started screaming and running to escape what I was going to do after I said that, when I was sure there was no one left I laughed at the three fools who believed it. I laughed for what was a couple of minutes and turned serious again because now I had to play a painful part for me.

I looked at my garbage catcher for a few seconds and then slammed it against my chest away from the core, it was slightly painful but then you hear the beats of the mp3 player I had in the core and the garbage collector started to attract the metal that was on the ground and formed the guitar.

I was amazed to see her in first person versus behind a screen and I have to say it's pretty cool, however I stopped impressing me and decided to take stock of the situation.

Chai: So... if I understood correctly:

#1: I'm inside Hi-fi Rush and I've taken over from Chai and this is both awesome and absurd;

#2: Since I'm definitely at the beginning, there will be all the bosses to stop, so I'll have to assemble the gang and stop them.

#3: I'll have to be careful what I say or else they might get suspicious and I'll also have to avoid brainwashing myself.

And... I already feel it's going to be very tiring... but the world doesn't save itself so I'd better get busy.

I stopped complaining and decided to start my adventure by looking for 808 so that I could get to Peppermint, I ran through the streets of the campus and then the notice from the production boss went off.

Rekka: Hey-yo! Big Boss of production Rekka here, what's this i hear about a DEFECT running wild in Rekka's zone? Anyone sees this kid running around, Rekka wants you to CRUSH him, SMASH him! No defect gets out production! NOT ON REKKA'S WATCH!

God! How annoying her voice is, I can't wait to meet her face to face so I can silence her and rid the campus of her filthy presence. I ran towards the area next to the double doors and there obviously was the robot fridge waiting for me holding the "HINT" sign. Now as strange and disturbing as it may be, it is the only other robot besides the peaceful CNMN that exists and I would not want to find it in the final battle blocking my way so it is better to have it as a friend than an enemy.

Smidge: Hello there! Can i be of assistance?

He doesn't seem to know it's the real Chai, thank goodness otherwise it would have been weird to explain. Still better to behave to the original Chai now.

Chai: Uhh, what are you?

Smidge: Come on, there's no need to pretend you don't know who I am, you know me very well.

Damn! Chai was right when she said she was creepy, he's very different when she does it to you in the first person.

Chai: Listen, if it's true that you know that I know everything then you know well that it's better to pretend to avoid complications and other things.

Smidge: Don't worry, you can be sure I won't say anything, but now we better get some guitar practice since I'm sure you've never used a weapon before.

I can't blame him on this.

Chai: Alright, I'll see if I can tinker with this thing.

Smidge: Perfect!

Smidge spun quickly and was now ready to receive my attacks.

Smidge: I'm ready.

Chai: Okay.

I started with light attacks and made sure to keep up with the pace.

Smidge: Great, now let's move on to heavy attacks.

I hit Smidge with the heavy attacks and once again followed the beat.

Smidge: You're not that bad, I'm sure if you continue like this you'll be a very good fighter... but remember don't be too sure of yourself.

Chai: Okay, thanks for the advice.

Smidge: You're welcome, I'm looking forward to our next chat.

I resumed my search for 808 while using the double jump power that I don't know how Chai got it and smashing crates around so I have gears for power ups. I reached the next area and there I found another trio of SBR-001s surrounding a black robotic cat with blue leds.

Chai mind

Chai: And here's my peppermint pass.

SBR-001 (1): This is the defect? Looks suspicious.

Then he put a hand to his chin.

SBR-001: Could it be...

Chai: Hey! I'm here metal cans!

I pointed and laughed as they drew their swords

SBR-001 (1): Get him!

I approached the one in the center and avoided his blade then with the guitar he hit him 3 times and he fell to the ground then I passed to the other one near me who hit him with 3 hits thought destroying him, I jumped avoiding the one behind me and hit again the one that was getting up from the ground and finally hit with another heavy combo the third one and thus destroying it.

If there was still evaluation after the end of each fight I'm sure I would get all Cs and Ds or very few Bs.

I looked around and 808 was nowhere to be seen.

Chai: Perfect...

???: Hey! You alright?

I turned to the source of the voice

???: Thanks for helping my cat! Need a hand?

Chai: A hand will be useful right now! But still yelling here is very dangerous can't we talk about it up there!?

???: Fine, then! I hacked the login panel. Smack the switch and come up.

And in fact, as you just said, the big red button that was up to my right lit up and I jumped and hit it, thus opening the path. I advanced and waiting for me was Smidge again.

Chai: Hey Smidge, there you are.

Smidge: Hi again <false> Chai, ready for the next lesson?

I smiled even knowing what it was.

Chai: Certainly.

Smidge spun and readied himself.

Smidge: Don't hold back.

I nodded my head and did the soft snap attack and hit Smidge.

Smidge: Good, now try the other one.

I got into position and did the air launch.

Smidge: Perfect and oh! don't worry from next time i will act as normal tutorial as you will have eyes and ears on you.

Chai: I'm happy to know that.

Smidge: Here's something for you in case you get into a tight spot.

He took an energy drink from inside him and threw it at me.

Chai: Thanks, I'll make good use of it.

I left Smidge and continued on the tubes that would take me to 808.

Rekka: ANY of you thinks of taking a break today is getting crushed. My eyes are everywhere looking out for SLACKERS.

Chai: Yes! I can't wait to get it out it's way too annoying.

I arrived in the room and began to look for traces of 808.

Chai: Hello! Is anybody here?

???: Good, you make it.

I looked down where the voice came and there I found the game mascot.

Good, now I just had to hope he bought into my lies.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 26 3
A host of Detroit: Become Human Oneshots
24.7K 1.4K 35
I will write any Os that comes on my mind πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚and feel free to give me ideas if u have any πŸ’‘πŸ’ž
3.2K 133 17
"𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 π’”π’˜π’†π’†π’•π’†π’”π’• π’π’Šπ’•π’•π’π’† π’‚π’π’ˆπ’†π’ 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅𝒏'𝒕 π’Œπ’†π’†π’‘ 𝒉𝒆𝒓 π’†π’šπ’†π’” 𝒐𝒇𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 π’…π’†π’—π’Šπ’."
13.3K 330 25
πšƒπš‘πš’πšœ πšœπšπš˜πš›πš’ πš’πšœ πšŠπš‹πš˜πšžπš π™³πš›πšŽπšŠπš– πšπš‘πš’πš—πš”πš’πš—πš πšπš‘πšŠπš πš‘πšŽ 𝚠𝚊𝚜 πšπš›πš˜πš– πšŠπš—πš˜πšπš‘πšŽπš› πš πš˜πš›πš•πš πš‹πšžπš...