๐ˆ ๐‹๐ˆ๐•๐„๐ƒ โœ“

By helloobabess

๐๐จ๐๐ฒ๐ ๐ฎ๐š๐ซ๐ ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ๐š๐ง๐œ๐ž โ€ผ๏ธBe aware that this is my very first book. Probably has a lot of mistakes... More

Introduction
Prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
epilouge

chapter 12

6.4K 210 48
By helloobabess

- AZAIL -

"What did you find?" I closed the door behind me.

Mila went to her room and soon after i did the same.

"Are you not gonna ask me 'how are you brother, are you doing okay'?" Tony joked.

"I know you're fine Tony, probably eating. Now tell me what did you find."

"Okay, okay. Well Samuel used to work for Armand since he started with his company. They were really close friends, apparently they went to college together." He continued.

"Now, for an unknown reason they cut ties. They don't speak anymore, at least that's what i find out. Samuel stopped working for Armand seven years ago." There was a bark on the other line. Probably Moon, Tony's dog.

"Anything else?" I asked.

"No that's all. But i did find out where he lives." I wanted to know more. I had to figure out the letter situation. There was more to it. I had to find out what happened to Mila's mom.

"I can get information out of him. You know i can. Just say the word." I knew exactly what Tony was capable of.

"Do what you have to do." I heard a chuckle.

"I'm gonna go now. Call me when you get the informations." I was gonna hang up but he stopped me.

"Wait. Tell me how's everything going there. What's that girl like? You have one more week left you know." I didn't like how 'that girl' sounded. Mila was more than just that.

One week. I had to figure out how to get her out of this situation. I was going to do anything that was needed to safe her, so that's why i had to ask Tony for help.

"You like her, don't you?" I could picture the smirk on his face. That little shit. Of course he knew.

"Come on, Az. You think i wouldn't figure it out. If you didn't like her, you would have been blowing up my phone with messages of how annoying and bratty she is." That's true. I hate to admit it, but that's exactly what i would have been doing.

"Yeah, i do." I don't think i've ever confessed liking a girl before. I never got into a relationship. To me that was pointless. It was getting in my way of concentrating and focusing on my job.

So Mila actually blurring the line between my work and personal life meant that she was special.

She was special in the way that being with her was as easy as breathing. It was the most comfortable i've ever felt with anyone.

She was soo kind and pure that sometimes it felt like, i didn't deserve to be near her. To taint her with my blood covered hands.

Hands that killed so many people before.

"I knew it. I just knew. It isn't by accident that i'm the brains in our friendships." Cocky bastard.

"And what do you plan on doing. Are you gonna risk everything for her?" Of course i would.

"All i know is that i'm gonna get her out of this situation. She doesn't deserve all of this, Tony." I sat on the bed and looked out of the window. It was starting to rain.

"Whatever decision you make, i'll help you." I knew he would. He was always there for me as much as i was there for him. Ever since we became friends in high school, we never separated.

We would make plans on our future and how our kids would be best friends as well. But after starting to work as assassins our plans of ever having families of our own, went down the drain.

"We have to figure out something as soon as possible. Dante is not an easy man to trick. We need a good plan." I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration.

"Just ask him if you can have another one more week. Tell him that you found something that he can use against Armand. And that you have to be sure about the evidence." That was the best i could do at this moment. It was going to buy us more time.

I'll call him tomorrow night.

"You know the letter i was telling you about?" I asked him, remembering about the day i went into the office.

"Yeah. What about it?" He mumbled. He was eating. Definitely eating.

"Armand wrote it. Not her mom. It was never her mom."

"Wait, what the fuck? Why would he do that?" He sounded surprised.

"I have no idea. That's why i want you to find out more about his past and Mila's mom."

"Mhm. I'll get Samuel to talk soon."

"Okay. We'll talk tomorrow." Tony agreed and blew me a kiss. Before i could cuss him off, he hung up. What in the actual fuck is up with him.

Little shit.

The rain was getting heavier and lightning's started to decorated the midnight sky.

By this i knee i was going to have a good sleep. I love the sound of the rain on windows.

Just as i laid in bed, there was a knock on the door.

Did something happened to Mila? I quickly got up and opened to e door.

There she was softly smiling at me. Dressed in grey shorts and loose black crop top.

"Were you sleeping? I'm sorry if i woke you up." She whispered. Looking up at me with her big green eyes.

"No i wasn't. What happened are you okay?" She shook her head and lowered her gaze.

"I just... i'm kind of scared of thunderstorms. So i thought if you weren't sleeping... i could stay with you for a bit. Until it stops." She played with her fingers, still not looking at me.

"Hey. It's okay. Come inside." I opened the door wider so she could walk in.

She started looking around. "I won't bother you for long. When the lightnings stops, i'll go to my room."

"Mila it's okay. You can spend the night here." She finally averted her eyes to me. Her cheeks turned into a bright pink colour.

What I've noticed is that, whatever i say something to her she slightly blushes. Which is a lot. But she looked damn cute.

"You can sleep on the one end and i'll sleep on the other end of the bed. It's big enough for both of us." I gestured to the bed.

I moved my pillow from the middle to left end and took another pillow and placed it on the very end of the right side. I didn't know if she was comfortable with being close to me in bed.

And making her uncomfortable is something i would never want to do.

She sat on the bed and waited for me to lie down. After i did laid down she did the same.

She was laying on her back and staring at the ceiling.

"What did you do when there were thunderstorms before. I mean when i was not here." She turned her head to me.

"Umm.. Maggie would usually stay the night, if we knew there would be storm that night. When she was not here, i wasn't sleeping. I would have stayed awake and do something that would distract me. Like watch a movie or read a book. But sometimes i would call my dad. If he had time he would have stayed on the phone with me."

Again there was a smile on her face. Even describing how scared and lonely she was, there was a still a smile on her face.

The room was dark. Just a slight light coming from outside. Enough to see her face.

"Can i at least hold your hand. Just so i know you're here." She broke the silence and my staring.

"Come here." I removed the duvet from me. Gestured for her to come closer.

She moved closer and i wrapped my hands around her. Her face burned in my chest.

"Is this better?"

"Yes, definitely better." A small giggle left her lips.

I pressed a kiss to her forehead and tightened my hold on her.

I could fall a sleep like this every night.

With my beautiful girl in my arms.

"Azail?"

"Yes, Mila."

I waited for few seconds before she spoke again.

"I really like you... i mean more than friends. Is that okay?" I big smile broke on my face.

"I really like you as well, Mila." I whisper against her hair. "Way more than friends."

She pressed a kiss on my chest right where my heart is.

Heart that was beating way to fast.

With my Mila in my arms we both fell asleep with the sound of rain and thunderstorms in the background.

New update!!!

I can't wait to finish this book and see it completed 🥹 but i'll also miss it a lot.

On the last chapter i'll post the soundtrack of this book. There's this song that really reminds me of Azail and Mila's story. ❤️💕

Happy reading😉

Also what's your favourite song at the moment?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

410K 11.9K 36
Completed story! And please excuse the grammatical errors to my book. I just finished it and I'm in the process of editing everything. *************...
101K 4.2K 34
Keeping a low profile isn't the best option out there but, what choice does he have? After killing near 200 hundred people at such a young age, almos...
12.8K 318 32
Warning This story it's for mental and emotional mature audience (18 and up) the contain is following: Strong language Graphic violence Nudity Drugs ...
187K 3.2K 31
โ€ผ๏ธContent warning and trigger warningโ€ผ๏ธ This is a dark romance and contains mature content that is not suitable for all readers. The trigger warnings...