Galactic Overlord ( A Star Wa...

By SithTrooperO9

I get reborn into the Star Wars universe. Watch me grow up, join the empire and eventually become the new emp... More

Beginning
Academy graduation
Mimban offensive
Samovar campaign
Victory on Samovar
Return home
Spice deal
Fields of Akkadia
Traitor hunt
Smuggler's trail
End of an illegal empire
Old friends
The far outsiders
Exegol
Naboo civil war
Secret plans
2nd uprising of Kamino
Umbara campaign
Plans and prestige
Zaarin's failed coup
Final battle of Umbara
New powers
Forwarding operations
Criminal threats
The pirate war for Pantora
Vs the Hapes Consortium
Raze of the Hapan capital
The insurgent war of Sullust
Harbingers of death
The new dark lord of the Sith
Rebel hunting
Of defectors and phoenixes
Mandalore rebels
Night of a thousand tears
The Death Star
Rebel frontiers
Rebel frontiers part 2
A rescue mission
Search for the Rakatan city of Eridu
A second Starforge
Secret wars
Secret wars part 2
Secret wars part 3
The rise of Cobra
The Cobra-New Republic war
State of the war
The Battle of Byss
In the halls of chaos
Mission to Prakith
The conquest of Pashargarde
The rule of Cobra
The victory of Cobra
Of the history of Akkadia
Final notes
Additional scenes
Extra-galactic expansion
Cobra's new war
Cobra against the Great Union of Wei
The heart of the universe

Imperial academy

2.8K 49 10
By SithTrooperO9

For the next 4 years, my aunt had taken my education in the subjects of history, economics and war and on my training seriously. Life wasn't necessarily nice, especially given how tough these training regimes were. Given somewhat para-military training and having reprogrammed battle droids as sparring partners wasn't really the most pleasant of surprises. She also insisted heavily that I take things like knowing how to pilot a speeder or a small craft very seriously.

Education was a tough one. I was no Muun that I could instantly learn all the complexities involved in finance and commerce nor a Mandalorian that all these training should come naturally to me. Still, at least I had a higher education than most kids on poor planets in these regions.

My aunt, during these past years, had risen to higher positions. She became the richest individual on Akkadia and nearby systems and eventually given the title of 'countess'. Her rapid rise to power frightened many a rival but they were now 6 feet below my feet. I believe she accumulated enough money to send me to the imperial academy like she wished so long ago.

Currently, I was on one of the many rivers on my homeworld, fishing. Now it didn't sound very dangerous until you take into account the dangerous river serpents lurking beneath the rivers. Sure my aunt was rich but sometimes I just want to do things that me and my father used to do. The sail barge I was on landed and I jumped down, ready to weight my catch and recieve payment.

BOOM

I looked to where the explosion was and heard blaster fire. I could hear the sounds of terrified fishermen screaming, ''Ninghiszida! Ninghiszida!'' The name used for river serpent in Akkadian. I wasn't too afraid since the river serpent couldn't come up to this side, given that the tributary in which I was fishing was too small for it's immense size. I took my pay, started my speeder and headed back home.

The gate guards stopped to check me but I showed them my card and was allowed entrance. Upon reaching home, I was immediately told my aunt wasn't home yet. To pass the time, I took off my shirt and activated the training droids.

5:51 pm. My aunt had just returned from her important meeting. She always had the talent for diplomacy and manipulation. Part of the reason she rose to power so quickly and without much opposition was due to her making secret deals with the crime underworld. Drug cartels, smugglers and Hutt clans, she had dealings with all. These deals helped her increase her wealth and her rise to power followed not too far behind.

Naturally, she trusted me in keeping her dirty secrets from being leaked out and like the naive, obediant nephew that she molded me into, I obeyed. I dealt a punch onto the training droid and finished the session. ''Override code: horizon dawn.'' and the droids deactivated. ''Welcome home, aunt. How was your day?'' I asked and she smiled.

''It was wonderful nephew. 400k credits added to my bank account. Is dinner ready yet?''

''The cooks are almost done, I believe.'' I replied and headed upstairs to take a bath. After I did so, I headed down to enjoy the night's dinner. ''So, are you planning to the imperial academy?'' I asked and she nodded.

''To the Royal Imperial Academy on Coruscant, no less.''

''Coruscant?'' I asked in surprise. ''Do we even have the money for that?''

''Yes dear nephew. You'll leave in two days time.''

''I see.'' I simply said and continued my dinner. Since I was going away in two days, I decided to ask my aunt a question I wanted to ask for a long time. ''Aunt?''

''Yes, Salazar?''

''Don't you find these... deals wrong? I mean, all these dealings with crime lords to simply increase our money. Don't you think it's wrong?''

''My dear nephew, there is something that I must tell you. You must know that in this galaxy, there is no true good or evil. No. We as a species are far too complicated for things like that. For every good side, there is a bad one. For every light, there is a darkness lurking about. To cast a candle is to make a shadow.'' she began her little speech about human nature. ''To achieve a higher status is the desire of many individuals but only few have the will and the thinking and even fewer are the perfect mixture of both qualities.''

''One of the visitors, Mr.Garrick said that you're just creating chaos among the people of Akkadia.''

''And you believe him?''

''No! No. Never.'' I replied in a protesting way. Despite feelings, it was hard if not impossible to betray family.

''He always says that. He thinks chaos is some sort of a dark, bottomless pit that devours you but I say, it's not. No dear nephew, chaos is a ladder. A way for people with the right mind and skills to climb higher in society. Where there is any situation, know how to utilize it so that you can profit most from it. And by profit I don't necessarily mean money but as a means to achieve a higher position. Know how to bend situations to fit into your palms. Be the puppeteer and not the puppet. Know when and how to climb the ladder. The other cadets will look down on you because compared to them, we are much poorer and from the Outer Rim but you must rise higher than they can dream of.''

''I... understand.'' I replied, choking a bit from the speech. My young mind did not understand much but everything she had taught me these past years were so that I could be like her. And be better at it.
______________________________________

-a week later, Coruscant-

I was in my cadet uniform and helmet and in the halls of the extremely prestigious imperial royal academy. The building was huge, larger than any building on Akkad. I was sitting in my class room with a data pad before me, reviewing some lessons. A week had passed since I came to Coruscant and life... wasn't really okay.

The academy students, made up of mostly rich kids from the core worlds looked down upon me due to the fact that I was from a much, poorer family background and that I was close to the Outer Rim. My accent, compared to theirs, was rather rough and made it easy for them to discriminate me. The memory of the Clone Wars still fresh, they hated humans from the Mid-Outer Rim who joined the separatists. It didn't matter at all if I was from Akkadia, a planet that was 'aligned' with the Republic.

After class was over, I walked down the hallway when I noticed some of my bullies bullying another cadet. They pushed the cadet and walked away just as I walked towards him. ''Are you alright?'' I asked, giving him my hand to help him up.

''Yeah. Thanks pal.'' the cadet replied to me as he got back on his feet. ''You wouldn't happen to be from the Outer Rim would you? Your accent is different. I'm from the Outer Rim.'' he asked me.

''In a way I am. Do not pay much attention to them. Idiots tend to hang out with idiots.''

''chuckles I know. My names Gary Strave. What's yours?'' he asked, gesturing a handshake

''Salazar Covraii. Pleased to meet you, Gary.'' I answered, shaking his hand.

''Wanna be friends?''

''Hmm... I wouldn't mind.'' I said and we walked down the hall to the dining area where we sat together and ate lunch.

''Look at those two peasants.'' remarked one of the bullies. I overheard his little remark but chose to ignore it. Then, they started to walk towards me and Gary. ''What'cha doing here in the academy, moisture farmer?''

''Yeah, you wouldn't find any moisture here. Better go back to... whatever backwater you came from.'' taunted one of his friends as another grabbed hold of my hair. ''Sub-humans like you only tarnish the reputation of this academy and the empire.'' and after saying that, they left us.

''What's their problem?'' asked Gary. It was clear Gary was unaware of the discrimination aliens and non elite world humans faced.

''We're from the Outer Rim, Gary. Much of it allied themselves with the CIS during the Clone Wars. They hold a hatred towards us.''

''But, my planet didn't align themselves with the CIS.''

''So did mine but they simply do not care. Come, we have a training session in the next 5 minutes.'' I said to Gary as we headed to the training floor.
______________________________________

Gary and I, along with the other cadets, stood in line as the academy instructor was giving us the instructions for the training routine. ''Cadets, you are descending down the well. Your task is to climb back up. Failure to do so will result in you helping the janitors sweep the academy grounds.''

''Like heck am I gonna clean some dirty floors.'' said Gary confidently. One of the bullies then pushed him and taunted Gary.

''As if, Outer Rim peasant.'' he said and I came to defend my friend.

''Back off, Kyse.'' I said, pushing him back. Then, I and Kyse were starting to fight just as the academy instructor started the session.

''Your training begins... now!'' and the activated the well. The blocks started to move out and go sideways or up. Our way to get up was obvious and I pushed Kyse away.

''See you at the top, Gary.'' I said and jumped on a moving block. I jumped again to another and continued to do so, trying my best to get to the top.

''I'll see you at the top alright, Salazar.'' Gary said and then proceeded to follow me. Both of us were halfway there when the academy instructors activated the electricity mod, making the blocks electrocute unfortunate cadets.

Seeing this, I grabbed Gary and both of us jumped to another block. We saw another cadet coming up and we planned to push him down. That was, until he got electrocuted, saving us the trouble. The block we stood on bumped on another block and we lost our balance, falling down but luckily we got onto another block.

I saw our bully, cadet Kyse, fighting against another cadet. I quickly jumped to their position, not because I wanted to rescue the cadet but because I wanted payback. Kyse just shoved the cadet down but the latter clunged on. I jumped down and pushed Kyse down and he fell down to the bottom. Being friendly, I helped the cadet back up.

''Thanks.'' the cadet said to me and from the voice, I deduced the cadet was female.

''Your welcome.'' I replied and we climbed to the top where Gary was waiting for me.

''Looks like I won, Sal.'' Gary said with a smile.

''Don't call me that.'' I replied.

''Who's this? New friend?'' Gary asked and I had almost forgotten about the female cadet I saves earlier.

''Oh, my names Priscilla Roth but you can call me Prisca.'' the cadet introduced herself.

''Gary Strave but everyone calls me Gary.'' Gary said and he shook Priscilla's hand.

''Salazar Covraii.'' I said, shaking her hand.

''Training is over. Cadets, line up!'' the academy instructor ordered loudly. The well was deactivated and all the cadets lined up. I could sense Kyse's anger being directed at me but I could care less. ''Cadets Strave, Roth and Covraii are the winners of today's training session. Well done cadets. Cadet Kyse shall help the janitor in cleaning the academy ground. All cadets may return to their respective quarters. Dismissed.''

Me, Gary and Priscilla walked away and I enjoyed seeing Kyse's face when he was handed the mop. The academy life was starting to look not as bad as I originally thought.
______________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

252 3 7
Star Wars is owned by LucasFilm & Disney. I do not particularity like the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy so I will make my own remake base on the ideas fro...
832K 8.1K 14
BEING REWRITTEN. Updates weekly Living on Tatooine for eleven years as a slave under the ownership of Watto has been something close to a nightmare...
765 67 13
Imagine that the universe is not just a mass of swirling gases, blazing stars and giant spheres of rock. Instead, look at each Galaxy as a massive l...
177 0 22
Years after the fall of Emperor Palpatine, the Galactic Empire loses its grip on the galaxy. The New Republic disbands and rebrands itself, forming t...