Wake Up

De GreenDayFan2968

Ellie is 25. She lives with her boyfriend Matt and the year is 2003. She hasn't had a great life and is tryin... Mais

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight

Chapter Two

0 0 0
De GreenDayFan2968

I usually worked closing shifts at the coffee shop so I didn't have to be at work until 12pm. Matt works morning shifts at the auto repair shop so we usually didn't see each other until I would come home from work. I woke up to my alarm going off at 8am and I hit the snooze until 9am. Yes I knew it wasn't good for me, but I didn't care. An extra hour was an extra hour. I took a shower and put some music on while I waited to go to work. It was 11. I had to leave for work in half an hour. I started to get my stuff together when I heard a knock at the front door. I stared at it for a second. I wasn't sure who it could be so I opened the door with caution. A girl about my height was standing there. She had short black hair and was wearing a black hoodie and ripped jeans.

"Can I help you?"

"Yeah. You're Ellie right?" It seemed like she was mad about something.

"That's me. Do I know you?"

"I'm Nora."

I had no idea who she was and I was getting nervous. "I'm sorry I think you have the wrong apartment." I went to close the door but she held it open.

"You know Adam right?"

I nodded my head.

"You need to stay away from him. He's my boyfriend not yours. I don't care how good you two sound together singing. He's mine."

I chuckled. "Adam and I are just friends."

A smirk appeared on her face. "Prove it."

"I live with my boyfriend. We have been together for two years. And I'm not in love with Adam."

She smiled again. "You better keep it that way cause if you mess things up for me you will pay for it."

After that she walked away. I opened my phone to call Adam and tell him what just happened, but I hesitated. Adam didn't tell me he was in a relationship so he doesn't know that I know. And I don't want to make Nora hate me anymore than she already does. Especially if this friendship works out. So I put my phone away and went to work.

-Three Days Later-
We had ten minutes until close and I was excited. I decided to try to set up a double date with me, Matt, Adam, and Nora. They all surprisingly agreed to go and I was hyped. I was humming along to Let You Down by Three Days Grace while I did dishes in the back when my coworker Lily walked up to me.

"Hey, someone is here to see you."

"Who is it?" I asked.

"Some girl. She really wants to talk to you."

I dried off my hands and headed over to the front register. I saw Nora standing there and smiled.

"Hello. What can I get for you?"

She glared. "You're just going to treat me like a normal customer."

"Did you not come here to get coffee?"

She huffed. "Well I did."

"So what sounds good? If you're not sure, I can recommend something."

She looked at the menu and I looked at the parking lot. I didn't see any other cars besides mine and my coworkers so that meant that Adam wasn't here.

"I'll have a 16oz hot lavender latte with oat milk please."

I rang in her order and started making it.

"So how long have you been making coffee?" She asked as I started to steam the milk.

"Two years. Where do you work?"

She smiled proudly. "I don't. Adam lets me do whatever I want."

I finished making her drink and handed it to her. I was about to walk away, but she grabbed my wrist.

"What?" I asked. I was pissed. I hated being touched.

"Stay the fuck away from Adam. I know you're trying to get on my good side with this double date thing, but it's not working."

She let go of my hand and I stared at her in disbelief. I had marks on me from where her nails had dug into my skin. I shook off the encounter and continued to close the store.

After everything was done I headed over to the restaurant that we were going to. I pulled into the parking lot and parked next to Matt's car. I walked in and found the three of them sitting at a table.

"Sorry I'm late. Close took a bit longer than I expected."

Nora was glaring at me as if she was trying to tell me to not tell them that she came to visit me.

"That's okay we haven't ordered yet." Matt said. He laced his fingers into mine and I smiled.

Adam looks at me. "So Nora told me that you worked at a coffee shop."

I smiled. Of course she did. I bet she left out the part where she assaulted me. "I do. How did you know?" I looked at Nora and asked.

"My friend saw you there today."

I smiled. The waitress showed up and got our orders. I just ordered chicken strips and a sprite. We ate our food and made conversation when we weren't devouring our food. I had to pee so I excused myself.

"I'm also going to go." Nora said.

Even though I didn't like her I appreciated her following girl code and not letting me go alone. I wonder what the boys would talk about while we weren't sitting there.

We both used the bathroom and we were walking back to the table. Before we made it into the boys line of sight of the boys she grabbed me again. "I'm sorry about earlier. I just get a little jealous sometimes."

I looked into her eyes. I didn't want to forgive her, but the apology felt genuine. I gave in and accepted it. We went back over to the table and before I knew it we were all heading home. Adam walked up to me.

"Thanks for setting this up. It was nice. We should do it more often."

"No problem. I gotta head home."

He smiled.

We said goodbye and I drove home. I beat Matt there and I walked up to the apartment. I froze when I saw that the door was open. I grabbed my pocket knife and took a deep breath. Matt would be home soon so if anything happened he would help me.

"Hello?" I asked.

I didn't hear anyone so I pushed the door open. I saw someone standing in the middle of the room, but I couldn't see because the lights were off.

"Hello?" I asked again. I turned the light on and jumped.

"You don't recognize me?

The voice was familiar and I froze.

"Dad? What are you doing here? How did you get in?"

"I broke in because my own daughter is too selfish to give me a key to her apartment."

He walked closer to me but I wasn't as scared anymore. My dad put me through hell growing up, but I was older and stronger than I was back then so I could defend myself if he tried to hurt me again.

"I thought you were in jail."

"I got out."

"So out of everywhere you could have gone you chose here?"

"I wanted to see you. I wanted to see my daughter but the girl I knew isn't here. Can you let me know when she comes back?"

"That scared depressed kid that I was isn't me anymore. I've healed. It's very clear that you haven't, so can you please leave."

He grabbed my arms and pinned me to the wall. "I'm not leaving. You're going to let me stay here until I get back on my feet."

I chuckled. I managed to slip out of his grip. "Hell no.You need to leave before I get the cops involved."

-Adams POV-
Nora told me that she found Ellie's wallet before we left the restaurant so we were driving to her apartment to give it back to her. I didn't know Ellie knew about Nora, but I was happy that they got along. I was nervous that Nora would get jealous and freak out, but she didn't. It ended up being a really nice evening. We parked near where Matt parked and walked with him up to their apartment. He wasn't half bad either. As long as Ellie was happy. We left the elevator and walked down the hallway.

"How did you and Ellie meet?" I asked.

Matt smiled. "I was getting a drink from the shop she works at. She was leaving, but her car wouldn't start so she came into the building and told her coworkers what happened. It had been snowing so she was freaking out. I overheard their conversation and told her that I was a mechanic. All it needed was a jump but she was amazing and we started going out shortly after that."

He looked at me. "How did you and Nora meet?"

I was about to launch into our story when I saw that the door to their apartment was open. We walked in and the place was a disaster. We all saw Ellie sitting against the wall with her knees to her chest.

Matt ran over to her and she started crying.

"What happened Els?" He asked.

She sobbed. "He was here Matt."

I looked at her. She was so upset. I wondered who could possibly make her feel that way.

"Who?"

She looked at him again. She had a desperate look in her eyes.

"Matt. HE was here."

Matt whispered something and she shook her head. "Shit."

Matt looked up at me. "Who was here?" I asked.

"Her dad. We have to get out of here. Especially if he knows where we live."

She started to cry harder. "But where? We can't just go get a hotel room!"

I stared at her. "Stay with us."

"What?" She said, She looked up at me and dried her tears.

"Come stay with Nora and I while we sort things out."

She looked at Matt and he nodded his head.

"Okay."

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

2.6K 152 20
It's summer WOOHOO. 3DG has known you since you were a child but your parents never told you. So when they did, you got to go on a vacation cruise w...
3.3K 130 59
Ashley is a very unique girl with very tough issues in her life. Everyday she has to battle depression. And most of all the voices in her head. The v...
290 39 28
Charlie Adams never had it easy living her sixteen years of her life in the shadow of her popular sister Sam. Charlie suffered years at the hands of...
2.7K 66 18
Where and How you meet your future husband, starting from what you look like to different things thought out your relationship with your Three days g...