I Promise.

By Marissa2911

Alexandria Low was a college student at Vanderbilt Universty in Nashville, Tennessee. She would study day a... More

Chapter 1: Breaking up
Chapter 2: Text Message
Chapter 3: prison.
Chapter 4: Picnic.
Chapter 5: Tv
Chapter 6: Cart accident.
Chapter 7: Spider!!!!
Chapter 9: Big question number 1
Chapter 10: Stomach Flu
Chapter 11: Cuddle
Chapter 12: passing!
Chapter 13: Unforgettable Night
Chapter 14 I Promise
Chapter 15 First Email
Chapter 16 Emails Again
Chapter 17 Joplin
Chapter 18 Attacked
Chapter 19 Scares
Chapter 20 Home Finally
Chapter 21 What?!
chapter 22 What?! Part 2
chapter 23 Fight You Better Fight!
chapter 24 He is Going To Be OK Have Faith
chapter 25 Cold Water.
Chapter 26 No.. No.. Noo
Chapter 27 Horrible News
Chapter 28. Staying with Ms. Linda
Chapter 29 Happy News.
Chapter 30 Spinning.
Chapter 31 Scared to death
Chapter 32, Almost Travel Time
Chapter 33 Arrived.
Chapter 34, Welcome home.
Chapter 35 Cancer Sucks
Chapter 36 OMG
Chapter 37 How did he find me?
Authors Note.

Chapter 8: Rodeo

128 2 0
By Marissa2911

It is the final week of school, which I am excited but yet scared. I hate final week of school, because it is really stressful but then I like it because I know I have survived another year. I didn't give up or threaten to quit all together.

I was walking through Nashville today because it is a stress reliever. The batman or more known as the at@t building is the tallest building here and it is so cool to see. My favorite part of Nashville though is Broadway, it is really cool it looks like a antique street with the old buildings.

"Hi Alex..." Diego texted.

"Hello." I replied shocked he actually texted me this early in the morning.

"Can I ask you something? Do you want to come to the rodeo tonight with me? You can invite Katie if you want to. I am inviting Trevor with me because he is a loner so he wants you to invite Katie lol. She is such a sweet girl so I can understand why. " his text message read. I was excited to read the first half but when he said " You can invite Katie if you want too" I was disappointed. Don't get me wrong I love Katie I do but I would like to be left along with him. But oh well... I guess I will invite her.

"OK. it sounds fun :)" I texted back. I love rodeos and I cannot wait to go with him.

"OK I'll get you all later :) " he texted. I smiled when he sent that text message. I was getting ready to head home when I ran into someone,

" I am so sor--" I apologized before I realize who I ran into. My body felt numb when I looked into those evil brown eyes. My heart pounded really hard, it felt as if it was in my ears.

"Hi Alex." Jed greeted. I looked straight into his eyes fearing what he was going to do. We have not seen each other in years.

"Hi." I breathed.

"It is nice to see you.." he said with a happy look on his face.

"Same here.." I whispered.

"So what have you been up to?" He asked. The fear in my body just grew bigger and bigger.

"Not much just school like usual." I giggled.

"I still can't believe you got into Vanderbilt with all the learning problems you have. " He said laughing.

"I am a smart girl." I replied.

"No you're not. You're a failure, I'm waiting for your mom to call and tell me you failed." He snapped. I wanted to slap him when he said that.

"Well I gotta go. "I quickly said before he grabbed my right arm.

"Where are you going? I thought you missed me." He whined. I rolled my eyes at him.

"I have to go I'm sorry." I whined trying to yank my arm away.

"No.. stay" he cried giving me that sad look.

"Let her go." Diego appeared out of nowhere demanding.

"None of your business pal." Jed reminded him. Diego walked over,

"I'm going to make it my business. Let her go." He growled. I have never heard him use that tone of voice before. Diego is usually a happy go lucky type of guy. Jed let me go and I ran to Diego's big arms. He grabbed me and pulled me close to him. He rapped his big arms around me and it felt so good.

"If I see you again with her. Your gonna regret it." Diego threaten. Jed look terribly frighten, " I just want to say I have always loved you." he lied. I know he has NEVER loved me.

"Thank you." I tried not to cry. Jed turned around and left.

"Are you ok?" He asked.

"Yeah I'll be alright." I smiled.

"Who is that idiot?" He asked looking at me with such a concerning look.

"It is a long story." I sigh trying to hide the pain in my face.

"I have time before we go to the rodeo." He smiled. Should I tell him or not? This is something even Katie doesn't know yet. She only knows half of the story.

"I rather just not share. I'm sorry." I said.

"Ok. Well I'm here if you need anything. If you see that dick again call me, I'll kick his ass to wherever he came from." Diego chuckled. I wish I could be more opening to people. I feel bad now.

"Ok thank you and I guess we are still on for tonight?" I asked walking backwards.

"Yup around 5pm? " He smiled.

"Yup sounds great!" I cheered.

"See you around 5! " I added. I felt all bubbly and comfortable inside, I haven't felt like that in forever. I mean literally in forever!

--------------------

"Oh gosh Alex are you ok?" Katie open the door hugging me.

"Diego told Trevor what happen with Jed and then Trevor told me." she panic.

"I'm fine.. "I mumbled. She grabbed my hands, "Are you sure? Did he hurt you? " She went on.

"No I'm fine, Diego kinda saved me." I said awkwardly. I knew when I said that this conversation was going in a different direction.

"He saved you?! And you still won't ask him to be your boyfriend!" Katie yelled.

"Katie!!" I snapped in an angry tone of voice.

"What ?" She asked. I took a deep breath, and replied "nothing". I walked into my room and sat down on the edge of my bed. I wish she would drop the subject about me asking him to be my boyfriend. It is NEVER going to happen. I can't bring myself to trust anyone. I am damage goods and I don't deserve him.

-----------------

"Are you ready yet? " I yelled waiting for Katie to get done dressing. I'm wearing a gray tank top with American flag shorts, and a red plaid shirt around my waste. Then I had my black with roses cowboy boots on. I tied my hair up in a Dutch side braid. I am looking gorgeous tonight!

"Yes I'm done!" Katie walked out wearing ripped up jeans, a pink plaid shirt and her American flag Cowboy boots. Her hair was done in a simple pony tail and she put her cowgirl ball cap on.

"Ready to have fun?" She asked in a happy tone.

"Oh yeah!" I cheered. I grabbed my keys and we walked outside. Diego couldn't come get us after all, so we drove to the rodeo ourselves.

When we got there I could not believe how big this place is!

We pulled up and saw Trevor waiting for us by the famous blue truck.

"Hey babe.." Katie greeted him with a hug and kiss.

"Hey girls. lets go sit done and watch the bull riding." He said taking Katie's hand.

"Where is Diego?" I asked feeling awkward.

"You'll see." He smiled. I followed them feeling like the third wheel.

We sat down on the metal bench and waited for the show to begin. Three guys came out and road big bulls! One was a black bull, the other was a brown and white one, then there was a full white one.

"Coming on next is...DIEGO GOMEZ FROM LITTLE ROCK ARKANSAS. " They announced over the intercom. "Oh my gosh."

I gasped seeing him in the gate in a full on cowboys riding uniform.

"Did Diego failed to mention he is a bull rider?" Trevor asked with a grin. I was in complete shock. I love bull riding!

"yes ." I giggled. I am so excited to see this!

I heard the gun fire which made me jump ten feet in the air. They open the gate and the black bull he was on ran out. I heard everyone cheering for him "Go Diego!"

I will admit, I was one of them. Then... he fell off and the bull kicked him pretty hard in the face.

"Oh my gosh." I gasped running off the bench. I jumped over the gate and Diego wasn't moving at all.

"Stay back." a tall brown hair and green eyes man demanded.

"No,I can help I am a nurse" I kinda lied. Yes, I am a nurse but I don't have my degree yet. Oops! I put my finger on Diego's neck to feel a pulse. It was really shallow which is never good. I slowly turned him over and saw blood streaming down his face.

"Alex..." He mumbled as I laid my head on his chest to hear his breathing.

"Hey you're ok just stay awake." I said trying to keep him awake.

"That hurt." he tried to laugh.

"I bet" I agreed holding his hand. He got up slowly puting his left hand over his head.

"Dang! It has never been this bad before.." He gasped feeling his head.

"Yeah let's get you to a hospital." I said, help holding him up.

"Nah I'll be fine..." he said before falling backwards.

"Yeah right, lets go cowboy.." I giggled I walked him over to an ambulance.

----------------------

Well Diego will be fine which is great news! He did crack his skull but he is going to be fine, just as long as he doesn't have another blow to the head like that again.He had to get at least a hundred stitches in his head. He has a nice scar along his face too which actually makes him look cuter. I don't know why but it does for some reason.

"Well I'm going to feel this in the morning.." Diego groggily yawned.

"Defently..." I laughed. When Diego got to the ambulance he passed out. It freaked us all out but the doctor said it is normal.

"Did I scare you?" He asked.

"Ummm..." I mumble. I didn't know how to answer that really. But I will be truthful and I replied,

"Yes, yes you did.".

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

626 255 21
Allison Monroe, a passionate college student of a Pre-Law course in University of the Philippines Diliman, come to believe that destiny no longer exi...
70.8K 1.1K 46
Savannah falls in love with her next door neighbour, her housemate and her brothers friend. Their relationship is a secret. How will she react when s...
166K 7.9K 56
|Book 2| 𝐖𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐁𝐄 𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐃 Carter. He's hurt. He feels pain. He's full of so much rage. He puts up a front that fools everyone but the on...
114 0 17
Celestine Daven a freshmen student was trying to move on from her longtime crush one day her best friend decided that they should go to a party for t...