Hourglass [Quintessential Qui...

By Kiriyarin_

Each of them has their own stories, their own choices. A lot of new characters, new choices and new events, t... More

Chapter 1 - White Memory
Chapter 2 - The Beyond
Chapter 3 - Trouble Divided Into Five
Chapter 4 - Butterfly Effect
Chapter 5 - Stars Collide
Chapter 6 - Reflection
Chapter 7 - Encounter
Chapter 8 - All Sides
Chapter 9 - Trickster (Ⅰ)
Chapter 10 - Trickster (Ⅱ)
Chapter 11 - Preliminary
Valentine Special - Foudre
Chapter 12 - Ignite
Chapter 13 - Crisis Management
Chapter 14 - Siren's Song
Chapter 15 - Promise
Chapter 16 - Echoes of Betrayal
Chapter 17 - Confession and the Charming Maid (Ⅰ)
Chapter 18 - Emotions and the Forgiven Maid (Ⅱ)
Chapter 19 - Trouble in Paradise (Ⅲ)
Interlude Chapter - Friends All Over the World
Chapter 21 - Queen of Hearts (Ⅴ)
Chapter 22 - New Beginnings ( Ⅵ )
Chapter 23 - Someday in the Rain
Chapter 24 - Make a Spell
Chapter 25 - Darkness Falls, a Star Is Born
Chapter 26 - Calamity Fortune
Chapter 27 - Tales of Snow
Chapter 28 - The Melancholy of Nakano Nino
Chapter 29 - Lost & Found
Chapter 30 - Break a Spell (Ⅰ)
Chapter 31 - Break a Spell (ⅠⅠ)
Chapter 32 - Connection
Chapter 33 - Operation: True Love
Chapter 34 - A Few Mistakes Ago
Chapter 35 - Dandelions
Chapter 36 - Heartstrings
Chapter 37 - Through Rose-Colored Glasses
[Part 1 Finale] Chapter 38 - For Whom the Bells Toll
Chapter 39 - Begin the Offensive
Chapter 40 - Roll Like We Used To
Interlude Chapter - Whims of Fate (I)
Chapter 41 - The ABC's of Live
Chapter 42 - Trouble Multiplied By Five
Chapter 43 - Calliope (I)
To You, The Worthless Excuse
To You, The Absolutely Worthless Excuse
To You, Who Awaits The Snowmelt
To You, What Hidden Behind Your Eyelids

Chapter 20 - Cast Away (Ⅳ)

573 8 1
By Kiriyarin_

Kazuma's POV:

How someone live a life to the fullest? Who decides the worth of a life?

All the effort and time spent on worldly pleasures... the same thing every year. In a few months they will forget most of what happened here. All of them waste their precious time for a few days of happiness. What's the point of making happy memories if you're going to forget about them?

''Kazuma-kun, are you going to stand there all day or will you come with me?''

''. . .''

''You promised me that we would see the festival stands together! Mou, Kazuma-kun...''

''I made no promise to you. You tried to stalk me all day.''

''You did! Remember, You said ~maybe~, m-a-y-b-e.''

''And you decided to bother me for an imprecise word?''

Ichika, the girl, gave me a scowl. She hasn't let me go since I helped her at the fireworks festival. Even if I was there by chance, a cruel twist of fate. She's no better than a leech.

''Do you remember when we first met, Kazuma-kun?''

One month, twenty-seven days, sixteen hours and fifty-five minutes ago.

''I don't care.''

''Also, it's quite interesting to see you without a cigarette between your lips, hehe.

''This place is public, and the last thing I need is to deal with teachers and the student council.''

''Ara~ Aren't you a fan of roofs? Why aren't you there?'' She made a smug smile, disgusting.

''The students got access to the roof because of your class's stupid Bounty Hunt. It's swarming with people right now.''

''Ding ding! One point for Kazuma-kun! That's why you are with me here and now.''

''Tch—''

''Speaking of events! If you don't want to go to the festival stands with me, you can go join the bounty hunt, hmpf. I've hidden the most of of the wish papers so you can never-ever-ever find them! Heh.''

In the girls' bathroom, your classroom, the music room, and the swimming pool.

Your classroom is connected to the girls' bathroom. The stain of guitar paint on your right hand, and the pool's chlorine smell mixed with your perfume.

''Who knows?...''

''Can't you express yourself a little more!? Gah, It's like I'm talking to a wall.''

You're readable like an open book, not interesting. Now leave me alone.

''Besides, why did you even come here? You, I don't know... Asuka was right, you don't seem like the type to come this places.'' She pulled up a chair and sat down next to me.

''I had something to take care of for the student council.''

''Mou...I can't let you sit here all day drinking! Don't you want to be alone? Here's how it works. I'll leave you alone for three days if you come with me today.''

''...''

''So, hehehe~ What do you say Kazuma-kun~? Pretty good deal, isn't it?''

Wherever there is no presence of you, it means peace to me. If I have to spend a few hours doing it, so be it. The school festival is organized into different sections. The stands are just a bunch of tents set up in the school's garden. It won't take that long, just like the previous year.

If you are born with a condition that prevents you from forgetting, it's not so difficult to remember things.

''Fine.'' Wherever this path takes me.

''Kyaaah-! Arigato Kazuma-kun!''

Then Ichika grabbed my arm and began to pull me away before I could even finish my drink. What a waste of energy...

Another memory created for oblivion.

''Believe onee-san~ Today is going to be a blast!''

.

.

.

Now, the stand area is likely the busiest section of the school. It serves as a direct link to the main entrance. Visitors are required to traverse this area to gain access to other parts of the school. This is precisely why all the popular attractions, such as the Yakisoba stand, fishing game, and ring-tossing set up in exactly the same place.

Ichika and I began to move between the stands. The level of noise pollution in this area is intolerable.

''Ahh, nostalgic~ Doesn't it remind you of the fireworks festival too? But it wasn't that crowded tho.

''This is only the beginning; people will begin to show up in the afternoon.''

''Ehh?...I had no idea this school was that popular.''

''It's the most well-known school in the area. Normal.''

''There weren't any fancy events like this at our former school...''

''Former— You're talking about St.Cruz.''

"Yup, St. Cruz was nothing like this." Ichika said, her tone somewhat wistful. "It was a bigger, yet more quiet school. We didn't have these kinds of events or festivals. Ara ara~ Are you interested in our story, Kazuma-kun?''

To be honest, I don't give a damn. I'm already familiar with your story. Anyone with a working mind can effortlessly draw connections between the dots. ''Not really.''

''I wouldn't say it even if you wanted to. It's kind of special... if the girls find out I told you, they'll be mad at me for sure.'' Ichika giggled.

''That you all failed at your previous school? The grading system at that school is much stricter than it is here. One of you was probably below the expulsion line, and the other four of you followed her.''

Ichika's eyes widened. ''How do you kn-''

''Fuutarou showed me the exam scores. With those points, you'd have a hard time even here. As for which girl she is...Yotsuba.''

''It's terribly hard to keep something from you'' She took a deep breath to reduce her inner-tension. ''Yeah, because Yotsuba failed her exams, we had to change schools.''

''...''

''But please don't tell anyone about this Kazuma-kun! Yotsuba's pride was already shattered on that day... If the rest of the school finds out that we are here because of her, the poor girl will never be able to recover.''

''I have no reason to do that.''

Yet.

''Phew.''

Has anyone ever taught you anything about not being so open to a stranger?

''Tch, why are you even here... Aren't you supposed to hang out with your sisters or something? Or with your boyfriend.''

''I-...'' Ichika looked at me for a moment as if she wanted to punch me, but then she deeply sighed. ''I don't have a boyfriend and girls all have their work to do. We finished early for our class event, so I rewarded you by hanging out with me! Hehe~''

If I just run away now, she'll never catch me.

''Then why you just f-''

''Kazuma-kun, look look!'' Ichika stopped me by grabbing my arm at one of the stands we passed. She looks at the stand with childlike wonder.

Shinkei-suijaku. A simple card matching game. I used to love this game when I was little, now I feel like I'm cheating. Statistically, it's impossible for an average person to match all 52 cards correctly without making a single mistake. A money scheme designed to scam people. ( 10^-69 )

''Kazuma-kun, do you see that bag over there?!'' Ichika pointed to a fancy bag that stood as a game prize behind the stand. ''That bag. I want it Kazuma-kun. Let's give this game a shot!''

''Don't bother. You'll only end up wasting your money.''

''I want.''

''Whatever, it's your money that's going to be spent...''

''Hihihi~ Even though onee-chan's memory isn't as good as Miku, I can definitely win this child game. ''

''...Tch.'' I leaned against the wall. ''Do whatever you want.''

''Aye aye, there's a couple lovebirds who want to test some luck?~''

The woman behind the card game stand finally noticed us. She doesn't really appear to be a student, but rather an employee. I've never seen her at school before.

Ichika stares in disbelief at the stand and the woman. ''Shiwa-sensei?! What are you doing here?''

''Oooh...! Ichika-chan, I wasn't expecting to see you here.''

''Sensei, Why are you here? Isn't there something else teachers should be doing?''

''The school committee asked me to help the students. Honestly, hehe~ I'm very glad. I hadn't been to a festival since graduation.''

Ichika turned to me with a smile on her face when I stood there and watch them. ''Shiwa-sensei is our homeroom teacher.''

''Ara~ Your boyfriend? Ichika-chan.''

''A-ah, n-no! Just an acquaintance, We're hanging together just because he said he wanted to visit the festival with me.''

''...'' That's not how it happened.

''Gotcha then. Would you like to try your luck? I assume ya know how to play Shinkei-suijaku already. Yet I still have to explain Ichika-chan. The only way to be considered to have matched these poker cards is to find the other side that matches the same number and color. For example, 8 of Hearts (Red) only can be matched with its counterpart 8 of Diamonds (Red). Same goes for Joker and the special cards. You must pinpoint the other pair of the same color.''

Ichika nodded in agreement. ''Sensei, that bag over there looks fantastic. That's what I'm looking for. That's the one!''

I can't smoke in front of a teacher...

''Oh, that one? That's the grand prize. You and your partner have only one chance. When one of you is eliminated, the other will pick up from where the first left off. So, if you find all the pairs, the top prize is all yours; alternatively, we have lower prizes, hehe.''

Ichika tilted her head. ''Shiwa-sensei...You're just like a young girl.''

''Right right!...WHAT?! I'M STILL 22 YOU LITTLE...*sigh* Whatever, whatever... School rules forbid me from using physical or verbal violence against students. Anyway, wanna give it a shot?''

''Of course sensei. I'll go first!'' Then she turned to me. ''Kazuma-kun will be the second.''

''Do I have to...?''

''Yes.''

Ichika went back to the counter before I even had a chance to reply. The teacher, whose name I learned was Shiwa, also laid out a standard 52-card deck on the stand in a shape of four rows consisting of 13 cards columns each. When I was younger, using these things to test my memory was a lot of fun... Now it's just boring.

''Examine these cards carefully you two. I'm not going to flip them over again until the end.'' Teacher said.

''Let's see~ Hum hum *mumble mumble*~ Oi Kazumaaaa-kun, you should look as well.''

''...'' I moved closer to the stand so that I could see better.

''D-do they expect us to match them all? I-Isn't that impossible...?''

"I warned you." I said.

"H-hmpf~!- Sensei! I'll go first!"

The teacher at the counter turns to Ichika with a proud expression after she finishes flipping the cards.

"L-let's see..." She's trembling. "T-this one matches w-with...that one!"

"Ooh- A lucky guess Ichika-chan. You matched Ace of Hearts and Diamonds correctly. O-n-e point~♡"

"O-of course! We've all been working so hard to study and memorize t-things a-after all...Also, hehe...if I can't such thing, those two'll probably punish me."

( 50 Cards Left )

"Then as for the n-next one..."

*Tap*

"Hai~ Ichika-chan did it. 4 of Clubs and Spades correct indeed."

"P-phew..."

( 48 Cards Left )

''K-kazuma-kun...A-am I doing okay?

''...'' I shrugged.

''Oi! Say something! Hmpf~ *sigh* Then as for the next one...Hmm, this one and that one.''

''Ichika-chan, you're really good at this... You correctly matched the Jacks (Red) of the same color.''

''I'll take that bag!''

( 46 Cards Left )

''Do you know? I'm starting to feel confident, I can definitely win! I've already guessed three pairs correctly!''

''That's the student spirit Ichika-chan! Ah, that must be the power of teenage love! Go on pick another.''

''Sensei...Aren't you still single?''

''Ahahaha...Ichika-chan my dear...SHUT UP AND PICK ANOTHER, GRRRR!''

''H-hai!''

*Tap*

''Oh no...''

''I apologize, Ichika-chan. You chose the wrong pair, but no need to panic! You definitely significantly outperform the other students, so it was pretty good!''

She's lying. An average student can remember the location of at least 5 pairs without difficulty due to visual memory hypothesis. The nerves at the back and front brain develop the ability to memorize and react to a certain level in every person from birth. This game is a mechanism specially created to measure how much you can use. Shiwa-sensei is most likely aware of this as well, but she's lying to make Ichika feel better.

Telling her that she messed up has the same effect as calling her a moron.

''W-was that really good Sensei?''

''O-of course... Some students are eliminated even in the first pair! Why don't you ask the handsome boy you came with? He'll definitely say the same thing, y-yes...''

Ichika returned her gaze to me. This teacher is absolutely awful at her job...

''So...?''

''So what?''

''Aren't you going to tell me how was I, Kazuma-kun?''

''Do you really want to know?''

Ichika nodded her head several times. ''Of course! It would be comforting to know that I'm not all bad.''

''...''

''Tell m-''

''You totally suck.''

Don't expect me to lie or anything. She really sucked. Even a kindergarten student can achieve five times what this leech has achieved. If I give her hope in vain, she'll hurt herself in the end.

''W-what?! K-kazuma-kun!?'' Ichika looked at me as if she were in shock.

''I don't understand what you want me to say, but if you're asking my opinion, you screwed it over. If only this wasn't the worst card-finding attempt I've ever seen.''

''You didn't need to speak so directly!'' She almost looked like she was going to cry. It was her idea to ask me.

''Pardon me, Kazuma was it? Since Ichika lost, it's your turn. You can continue with the remaining cards or withdraw.'' While I was speaking to Ichika, the teacher waiting at the stand called out to me.

''I withdr-'' Just as I was about to give up, I saw Ichika's eyes that were about to cry in the corner. If you know you're going to lose, you shouldn't be sad afterwards, you five-splitted moron. ''Fine, so all I have to do to win that bag is correctly match each of these cards, right?''

''Yes also, what kind of asshole are you? You can't talk to a girl like that.''

You just directly insulted a student. You'll be fired if I report you now, shut up. ''Whatever.''

I look at the closed cards on the table again. The number of cards has decreased since Ichika found six of them, but it's still far from the number required to win. The headache woman stares at me as if I'm not going to make it. The same kind of expression that people often give me when they first lay eyes on me... I'm used to it now.

''Hurry up, I can't wait you all da-!''

Three of Hearts and Diamonds. Last row, fifth column. ( 46 Cards Left )
Queen of Hearts. Second row, first column. ( 44 Cards Left )
Seven of Spades and Clubs. Second row, last column. ( 42 Cards Left )
Jacks. Third row, twelve column. ( 40 Cards Left )
Six of Hearts and Diamonds. First row, seventh column. ( 38 Cards Left )
Ace of Spades and Clubs. Third row, ninth column. ( 36 Cards Left )
Two of Hearts and Diamonds. Last row, last column ( 34 Cards Left )
King of Spades and Clubs. Second row, fifth column ( 32 Cards Left )
Ten of Hearts and Diamonds. First row, first column. ( 30 Cards Left )
... ( 28 Cards Left )
... ( 26 Cards Left )
... ( 24 Cards Left )
... ( 22 Cards Left )
... ( 20 Cards Left )
... ( 18 Cards Left )
... ( 16 Cards Left )
... ( 14 Cards Left )
... ( 12 Cards Left )
... ( 10 Cards Left )
... ( 8 Cards Left )
... ( 6 Cards Left )
... ( 4 Cards Left )
... ( 2 Cards Left )
... ( 0 Cards Left )

- - -

''WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT?! HOLY F-!? WHAT THE FUCK HAVE YOU DONE?!''

''Don't talk to students like that...You're going to get in trouble.''

''D-do you understand what you just did?!'' The noisy teacher was still trembling, her gaze fixed firmly upon the perfectly matched deck of cards. She's desperately attempting to figure what happened.

''Just stop talking and give me the bag. Didn't I match all of the cards?'' I pointed the bag.

''R-right...'' The teacher handed me the bag that was standing behind her. Ichika was staying under a tree a little further away, waiting for my turn to finish.

Why did I come here in the first place? Same faces and same nonsense activities. My precious time already wasted because of you worthless scums.

''...I'm leaving."

I have no other reason to stay here any longer. I'll give the bag to Ichika and finish the day. This bullshit has gone on long enough.

"H-hey! Wait, K-kazuma-kun!" But Shiwa-sensei shouted behind me just as I was about to go.

"What now?"

"Here...I was told to give this to you." She get rid of shock as far as I can see.

Shiwa-sensei handed me a sealed envelope. I'm sure it didn't come from a private institution or an official authority because it's made of cardboard and the multi-functional paper that students use. There's also a small star sticker in the middle.

"To me?"

"I m-mean...Not to you personally. Some students have come before and said that we should give these envelopes to game winners, but I don't know what they are either."

"Do I have to take it?"

"Perhaps you can ask Ichika what they are; she might know something."

"Give me a break..." I took the envelope. If I refuse, she'll insist even more.

"Good luck with Ichika-chan~"

"What?"

"Nothing, nothing. Teehee~♡"

My work here is done. She's waiting for me under a tree near the stand with a stupid pout on her face. But before I go...

"Don't use that lipstick, it makes you look older."

"H-ha...w-what?!" She looked at me.

"You have a date today. I can see the movie tickets in your pocket."

...

''A-ah, Kazuma-kun...Have you finished playing yet? Forget the bag, t-there are lots of activites we can do, h-hehe...''

''Here.''

''HAAAA?!'' Ichika almost screamed when she saw the bag I was holding. ''I-Is that...''

''You really want it, don't you? Here.''

I threw the bag next to Ichika. She said the bag was the latest fashion a few minutes ago, but it doesn't seem to to be. Also, who cares about fashion? The bags' purpose is to make people carry things, not to be used by city girls to draw the attention of boys.

''H-how did you get it?...''

The quintuplets are unaware of my illness. I specifically warned Asuka and Fuutarou not to mention me under any circumstances. I can't deal with five of them at once when one of them is already bothering me enough everyday. They don't need to know either. The less they know, the more they stay away from me.

Keeping circle small and intimate.

''Shiwa-sensei suggested I give you the bag when she saw how fucked up you were. Thank her later.''

''Thank you thank you thank you thank you!'' She hugged me tightly. An unnecessary sign of gratitude. Her chest is pressuring my arms.

''Quit it, tch.''

''Mmm~ Just a bit longer."

"Ichika." I slightly pushed away her from me. "Sensei asked me to show you this, know what it is?"

"...!" Ichika gave a small smirk soon as I took the envelope out of my pocket and showed it to her. "Ara~~~"

"...?"

"These're notes prepared for the Bounty Hunt. Ahahaha~ How'd you even get it?"

"From the card game. This was one of the prizes."

"Won't you open and read?~ Hehe." Ichika hugged her new bag. ''Mmm...''

I find myself staring at the poorly decorated envelope in my hand. This is the event for which Ichika's class was responsible. Why would I even want to read other people's wishes? Nonsense.

Nevertheless, I opened the envelope.

-𝐃𝐢𝐝 𝐲𝐚 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐧 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐞𝐢-𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐣𝐚𝐤𝐮 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞?! 𝐈 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐝...𝐄𝐡𝐡𝐡𝐡 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫! 𝐖𝐞'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐬𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭!

𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐝𝐨𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐞!~☆ 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐈 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐮𝐩, 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐚 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐓𝐕!-

"Did a five year old write this..."

"Ara~ This must be Risa-chan's letter. She's a very lively person and she's definitely full of energy like Yotsuba. She always and aaaaaaaaalways tells us about her idols and her dreams. She's one hell of a cute girl." Ichika said as she take a peek to note as well.

"Sounds like someone who couldn't get over her childhood dreams and couldn't distinguish between reality and dreams."

"Kazuma-kun, I-I wouldn't say that..."

"That's the truth." I placed the note in my pocket and sighed.

After tucking the note away, Ichika suddenly burst into giggles out of nowhere. "P-pfft-AHAHAHA~"

"What?"

"N-nothing hahahaha~ I'm just so happy. It's really fun to hang with you Kazuma-kun.''

If you really want to hang, find a rope and a chair.

''...Can we stop now?''

''No way! There're many stands that we haven't yet visited. Remember what you p-r-o-m-i-s-e-d~''

''When the words turned into curses...Fine.''

''Yay~''

Ichika and I were talking near the school entrance after the card game. I'll have to visit these stands for a while, but at least I'll be able to get rid of this blood sucking leech for a few days. She'll mess with me even more if I waste this chance. Yet...something else happened that caught my attention.

The majority of the students were trying to get inside the building; the front of the entrance door was pretty much full. There are some events in the building yet the most of the important events are held outside. This isn't normal. Ichika must have noticed the crowd since she looked in that direction too.

''You're probably wondering what happened, right Kazuma-kun?'' She smiled at me.

''Not really.''

''Onee-san heard there's a new maid in 2-C's cafe. People are lining up to see her because they say she's incredibly beautiful.''

''2-C, that class---''

''What was her name?...Ah, right. Asumi Shōko. It's really wrong for people to apply so much pressure just to see a girl. I'm curious how the poor girl is doing under much request. Is she someone you recognize?''

I'm not even going to ask.

[ A Few Minutes Later ]

Ichika and I decided to take a break after the card game, so we ended up sitting under the tree and watched the people playing in the other stands. Standing here or walking works same for me as long as time passes. They're the same thing. Ichika is checking the bag I gave her in the meantime.

"Nee~ What do you want to do now, Kazuma-kun?"

''Doesn't matter.''

''Come on, there must be something you want.''

''Nothing here interests me. It's all stupid kid's games, and you're all the problem because enjoying that kind of things.''

''We're high schoolers, so what else can we do but have fun?'' Ichika asked.

''Like planning your future maybe?''

''You spoke like Fuutarou-kun...Then, what do you like to do for fun?''

''...I stopped having fun long ago.''

''S-sorry...It was a bit of a personal question...A-all right, I've found out what we're going to do Kazuma-kun! Let's play a few more games. I'm sure onee-san can find a few things that you like.''

''Do we have to?''

''Yes!'' Ichika slung her new bag over her shoulder, grabbed my arm, and dragged me back into the stands. She's very weak ... But there is no reason for me to resist.

Mom! I want to come to this high school when I grow up!

I will enroll in this high school next year, how about you guys?

It's a lot of fun here... I heard there's going to be a race in the back; would you like to go check it out?

Let's take a look inside the school! I'm the classroom activities are fun like here ya'know.

''Do you hear that Kazuma-kun? Seems like everyone here is having fun in some way.''

''...''

''Okay! We have plenty of game options! What shall we start with? Ring toss? Shooting?''

''...''

''For God's sake Kazuma-kun! Don't stand next to me like a corpse!'' Ichika finally pouted at me for not saying anything.

''I told you it didn't matter. Choose whatever you want.''

''All right, okay okay. Let's try shooting first. My sisters and I always play that game when we come to the festival. An onee-san tip for ya~ Don't mess with Miku too much. She's like a fricking aim-god.''

''I'll keep that in mi—...?''

...

''Kazuma-kun, are you okay? Why did you stop?''

''Nothing—I thought I saw something.''

''Eh? Well, The shooting stand is right over there. Let's go! Hurry hurry!''

We're being followed.

Three people behind that food stand over there – two boys and, judging by their height, a girl. Even if it was just for a moment, I managed to see them. This isn't the place to question them. Any superfluous movement could ignite disorder, I'll stay on alert, poised for whatever may unfold.

We both came to the shooting stand together. There is no line in front of this one unlike other stands. The majority of people have left the stand section because the couple run is about to begin. There has been a noticeable decrease in the number of people. As for the three following us... Out of sight, they must be hiding.

''Yup, Kazuma-kun, I'm takin' the first shot!" Ichika rolled up her sleeves. ''I'll gonna make up for that card game screw-up right here! Start thinkin' 'bout a prize, because this time, I'm winnin' it for ya!''

''Would you like to give it a shot, ma'am?'' The staff at the shooting stand came over to us after seeing us both. The attendant looking after here is a student our age. I know that some classes participate in stand tasks.

''Damn straight! Pass me the rifle!''

Ichika took the toy rifle from the counter with a confident grin. This game is somehow more winnable than the previous one. You can hit these targets with the skill of your eye and hand-eye coordination. Since Ichika is taking acting classes, she must have both of these.

''Hah... I guess Miku was doing something like this.'' Ichika leaned against the counter, balancing the toy gun with both her arms. She then shut her one eye to took aim. ''...''

''Tch, keep your shoulders up.''

''A-ah, right...Thanks for the advice Kazuma-kun. All right! Here I go!...''

''...''

*BANG!*

*BANG!*

*BANG!*

''5 out of 8, not bad miss.'' The student behind the counter applauded and smiled slightly.

''H-hahh...'' Ichika takes several deep breathes. ''Did i make it?''

''You didn't win the big prize but...but lady won one of our other awards for hitting more than half of the targets. Please, choose how you like.''

''Arigato! Hmm...I'd like to have that heart-shaped ornament over there! It will perfectly fit my phone!''

Ichika is smiling happily in front of the counter, while I stand next to her and watch her. In other words, I'm on my guard so that people following us don't try to do anything. Give me a break already...

Later, the student returns with a red heart-shaped ornament in his hand, which he presents to Ichika.

''Hai~ Here Kazuma-kun. It's yours.''

''What?''

''You got the bag, right? I'd feel bad if I didn't give you anything in return.'' She hands me over the plastic heart.

''No.''

''Nuh-uh, It's yours, Kazuma-kun.''

''...*sigh* If it's going to shut your mouth...''

''Hehe~ Keep it well, okay? A souvenir from me.''

I put the worthless heart in my pocket. I'm going to throw it away after I get out of here. I have no use for stuff like that.

''By the way, miss. They said I had to give this to you.''

''Ara~ To me?...Oh! Kazuma-kun, look look. Another envelope!''

Ichika won another envelope for winning the game, just like the previous time. The sealed envelope was this time in a different color and decorated differently. This time it have a small sun sticker in the middle.

''Let's see what we got this time...!'' Ichika exclaimed, ready to unveil the contents.

-𝐈 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞. 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐥𝐥, 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐨𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬. 𝐈 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐠𝐨𝐚𝐥.

𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐈 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐮𝐩, 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐚 𝐝𝐨𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞. 𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐝𝐞𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐢𝐭, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐞! 𝐏𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐞!-

''The only reasonable thing I heard today.''

''Ara ara~ This must be our class rep. He's definitely a hard worker and constantly warns us to study too. Tho he can be scary sometimes...''

''Have you prepared one of these?''

''Of course I did. But I can't tell you where it is, if you're very curious, you'll have to find it yourself K-a-z-u-m-a~'' She leaned down to my ear, attempting to tease me.

''Pass.''

''Nee...Hmpf~!! By the way Kazuma-kun, won't you try shooting as well? I paid for two so you have your turn.''

''Haven't you already won? What else...?''

"Yeah, but I did promise to keep you entertained, didn't I? It won't be any fun at all if you just stand around. So, come on, join in!"

''That's a very immature and twisted viewpoint, Ichika.''

''Maybe. Or maybe you were afraid you'd lose to a girl.'' She devilishly smirked.

''...?''

''Guys haaaaaate losing to women, right~? You're acting this way 'cause you know you can't top onee-san's score and can't stand the thought of losing, am I right? Am I right?"

"Useless. I haven't lost my mind enough to fall for your words."

"Ehehehe~♡ It was worth a shot."

I took the toy rifle from the stand after a quick stretch. I'm not fooled by Ichika's words or anything. I'm just going to finish my work here or it'd be nonsense the money went to waste.

"Ah, sir. We need to change the rifle." The student interjected. "The rifle you are holding is damaged, it is impossible to shoot prop-!"

*BANG!*

*BANG!*

*BANG!*

*BANG!*

*BANG!*

*BANG!*

*BANG!*

*BANG!*

Over and done. Eight destroyed targets.

"H-ha...H-how...sir?"

"I was just lucky. Keep the prize, give it to someone who comes after me." I placed the rifle on the counter and look Ichika, who was watching me with wide eyes.

"K-kazuma...kun."

"I just didn't want to your money go waste. No big deal."

"THAT WAS AWESOME! YOU HAVE TO TEACH ME HOW TO USE A WEAPON LIKE THAT SOMETIMES! THAT WOULD BE SUPER USEFUL IN MY REHEARSALS."

"Rehearsals? I thought you were fired." I asked.

"Ah- I forgot to tell." Ichika smiled widely as she posed like an movie star. "I spoke with Oda-san and apologize. Onee-chan returns to the stages!"

"I see."

"Anything more to say~?"

"What?"

"Hmpf~!" She pouted.

Where do you find the time to screw with me if you're back in the movie business...?

"Congralations."

"N-nani? What did you say? No way..."

"Congralations. Isn't it the right thing to say? Wasn't that what you were working for?"

"Pfft‐" Ichika mumbled. "Boy tsundere."

"..."

"But!" Ichika's eyes glittered with sparkles. "T-this is the nicest thing you ever said today, hehe~"

"Whatever. What's now?"

"How about taking a break? This whole walk has made onee-chan tired~"

She decided to take a little rest under that tree she talked about earlier. I'm not tired yet, but Ichika really wants to rest after all the running around. And the people who are following us don't seem to be around right now. Maybe I was mistaken, that would be a first.

Then Ichika headed off to grab some drinks. I have to watch all this cultural bullshit all by myself now.

"No teachers around." I took a cigarette out of my pocket and lit it. One of the few things that calms me down, until I get lung cancer or something. "..."

When you look carefully, there is really a meaningless and stupid smile on everyone's face. I know it's a promotional event for the school, but all this sounds very nonsense and waste of time.

I used to have fun here too.

The memories still vivid in my mind.

"Kazuma-kun, I got the drinks!" Ichika called my name.

"Where the hell did you get that from...?"

"They were selling it across the street, so I bought two. I know ya like can-beer.''

"If you get caught with that—"

"Look at yourself, you smokehead. You're smoking in the most dangerous area imaginable. What if someone see you?"

"All the teachers gone to watch couple race now, safe. Anita-san has really did her best this time." I sighed.

"Anita? Who is she?"

"Not important." As the smoke from the cigarette fades into the air, I grab the can.

"You know what, Kazuma-kun..." Ichika sitted next to me with a deep expression on her face. "This is the first festival I've spent with someone else rather then my sisters."

"Is that so?..."

"Asuka-kun and Fuutarou-kun brought us together that time, but today everyone has different tasks... Of course, we'll definitely go to the fireworks festival again next year!"

"Didn't your previous school have cultural festivals?"

"There was...but we never participated because of the finals." She took a sip from her drink.

"Sorry to hear that."

She shook her head "N-no, it's fine. We really worked hard on the finals back then so we didn't have much time but Yotsuba..."

"Yet none of you hate her.''

"NEVER! I would never hate her. None of us do!..." Her tone suddenly rose.

"I'm not interested in your family problems, but you shouldn't hate your sisters. You can't know when they leave your life."

"Yotsuba was the one when Mom gone...She was the one who tried to cheer us up, even though she felt the same way as us... I don't know if we would have got through those days without her."

"..."

"I was supposed to be their big sister, but I didn't know what to do either at the time..."

"You think you're a terrible sister, don't you?"

"How I cannot!? I even tried to abandon them at the firework festival...I..."

"I might not know all your thoughts, but you're not a bad sister."

You're nothing compared to mine.

"Thanks for your kind words Kazuma-kun... I thought they'd hate me after that night, but I was wrong. My sisters...they've all been so nice to me. I...*sob* " Ichika's eyes filling with tears. She's struggling to hold back her tears. "A-ah, s-something got in my eye."

Another sip from the can and I kept watching her.

Ichika has taken on the role of both mother and big sister to her sisters since their tragedy. Also she's been attending acting classes, so she's likely under a lot of stress. Perhaps today was one of the few opportunities she had to unwind and enjoy herself.

''You haven't even finished a can yet, don't tell me you're drunk.''

''I'm not, I'm not. It just good to spill my...guts.'' She sniffed. ''Ah...''

''I don't understand family stuffs, but they're your sisters. They can't hate you that easily.

''I know I know...Nee, Kazuma-kun. Let's call it a day. You wanted to leave already, didn't you? Sorry...I kinda forced you to hang with me today.''

''Are you one of those people who break their promises Ichika?'' I flicked my cigar to nearby trash can. ''I hate this place. Those smiling faces, obnoxious voices and everything else.''

''Kazuma-kun, what are you sa-...!?''

''Didn't you promise to entertain me?''

"H-ha...?! Y-you w-w-what?!" Ichika's cheeks flushed. Her skin had turned almost rose red. She even started having trouble speaking. "K-Kazuma-kun..."

"Don't get me wrong. I just don't want to leave you depressed."

''R-right...!'' She quickly recovered herself and wiped her tears. ''Promises must be kept...''

"I'm going to wash my hands. Think about where we're heading for last while I'm gone."

''Hai~''

[ Two Minutes Later...]

I made my way towards the bathroom after parting ways with her. A familiar feeling of discomfort raise over me on the road. I can't help but think about how much I hate festival settings. I've always been like this, but it wasn't always so intense. Back in middle school, I used to attend festivals with Asuka and Fuutarou.

''...''

I stand alone in the bathroom, there is only silence and the gentle hum of the air. It's just me and my own reflection, locked in a captivating gaze within the mirror's embrace.

I've grown... even after that day.

''She's a pretty girl, isn't she?...''

''...''

''Don't act like you can't hear me...You can't keep secrets from your mind...''

''Have you come to haunt me again...Nee-sama?''

''I've never gone anywhere. Take a look at yourself; you're talking with none but yourself...''

''Get out of my head.''

''It's impossible for you to escape from your mistakes. Still fresh in your mind— Every small detail about that day.

''...''

''You're a monster. An uncontrollable error.''

''Get out...''

''You'll ruin someone's life again... like you did that day.''

''I-...''

''Why don't you end everything? All you have to do is jump off a bridge. Then you'll never have to talk to me again...''

''...''

''You remember everything, don't you? Of course you do. You can't forget even if you wanted to. The monster you've become, broken bones, screams and blood splattered everywhere... You know what the worst part is, dear brother?... You enjoyed all of them.''

''Get OUT!''

''Breaking mirrors won't do any good dear brother...The poor girl waiting for you outside doesn't even know who you are. I wonder how her face will look when she sees the real you...You'll break her too, just as you have done to everyone around you. You're just a representation of your true self. Until we fall in flames...''

It's disconcerting—my mind a blank canvas, heart pounding as if it might burst from my chest. My eyes sting, and the nausea threatens to overwhelm me. It's a relentless cycle, repeating itself every time. Am I on the brink of insanity, or have I already crossed that line, conversing with the fragmented pieces of my own mind?

''...Blood.''

A piece of the mirror I broke cut off my hand—Bleeding. I can't stay here anymore.

.

.

.

I've returned from the restroom. Ichika must have chosen the place we were going to by now. It's time to put an final end to this day.

''Ichika?''

The spot where she should be is empty, except for a small child eating ice cream right next to the tree.

''Kid.''

''Huh, who are you nii-chan?''

''Cut the crap. There was a short-haired woman sitting here, did you see where she went?''

''Ah, that onee-chan? Three people showed up and said they wanted to speak with onee-chan in the backyard.''

''...''

...

Third Person POV:

''She's a nice girl, let's teach her a lesson...heh. Whaddya say Chisa?'' The muscled student licked his lips and gazed at Ichika with lust.

''No no~ I'd like to say a word with her first.''

The girl named Chiya looked at the short haired girl standing in front of her.

''Ara~ Chiya, you've finally had the guts to speak to me. Except for the two meat walls next to you.''

''Do you realize what situation you're in right now, ha?! You sneaky bitch...'' The third male raised his hand to Ichika but was stopped by the woman who seemed to be their boss.

''Hold yourself together you pigs! I paid you to protect me, not to intrude into my job...''

Ichika had been taken to the backyard by these trio. After all, the front yard was swarming with people, making any clear moves impossible. The backyard was nearly deserted. Despite her current situation being dangerous, Ichika showed no signs of uneasiness.

''Are you afraid to talk to me girl-on-girl, too? No wonder why Maeda-kun doesn't like you. ''

''Don't even mention his name! IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT! Maeda hasn't spoken to me since you came to school. The only person on his mind is you...''

The other two male students cornered Ichika against the wall, leaving no place for her to escape.

''Is that...Ara~ Chiya-chan...Is this all because you're jealous of me?''

''CUT THE BULLSHIT! I MIGHT HAVE BEEN WITH MAEDA IF IT WASN'T FOR YOU, BUT YOU...YOU POISONED HIM!''

''I don't even like Maede-kun... If he likes me, there's nothing I can do. I've never even spoken to him properly.'' Ichika lets out a bored sigh.

''You're lying...They saw you two leaving the gym together... What were you doing there...? were you kissing? Maybe more perverted things... Everything is expected from people like you.''

''We were just assigned to take the basketball equipment, for God's sake...''

''Haven't we talked enough with this girl, Chiya... Can we have fun now? Just looking at this girl's body turns me on.'' One of the men licked his lips again and stared Ichika with lustful eyes.

''Oh, I remember now!'' Ichika pointed two guys. ''You two are Maeda's friends!''

''No one will recognize you when we're done with you...'' Chiya said.

''Heh. If you touch me, you'll suffer the consequences. Do you believe teachers won't notice?''

''That job has already been taken care of. There's nothing a little money can't do...We'll break you so badly that no man will want to look at you again.''

Ichika showed not the slightest sign of fear or anxiety. She was just staring at the trio who had cornered her with emotionless eyes.

''Boss, what do we do with the other boy?''

''We'll take care of that as well; I don't want any witnesses.''

''...! NO!''

Ichika's eyes widened suddenly, and she began to tremble as if she had heard the last thing she wanted to hear. A sudden sense of apprehension and fear filled her heart, fear that others would suffer because of her.

''Don't get him involved! He has nothing to do with this...''

''Who do you think you are, ha. You little bitch. Here I decide who is relevant and who is not. After you, we'll find that kid and deal with it.''

''Chiya...Don't... I beg you.'' Ichika had completely lost her cool. Her breathing became more rapid. She could forgive everything that had been done to her, but they would start causing harm to others. Ichika's heart can't take it.

''I'll steal that little friend of yours like you stole my Maeda...So that everyone at this school understands that what belongs to me should never be touched again.''

''What do you think will happen when Maeda finds out about this?...''

''He won't find out, because you won't be here. Maybe you want to spend the rest of your life in the hospital, or maybe you want to change schools. But you'll never have the courage to step foot in this school again, Ichika.''

''...! A-ah...'' Ichika's legs began to tremble.

''THAT'S IT! AHAHAHA! That's the face I want to see! Fear and obedience.'' Chiya smiled devilishly. Then she held Ichika tightly by the chin and spoke.

''Ngh-! Ahh..!''

''I'm curious how your boyfriend will react when he sees your fucked up face I-c-h-i-k-a~''

''D-dont...''

''Maeda, my lovely Maeda. When this is all over, we'll be one with you once more...''

''P-please...D-dont touch h-him...''

''All right guys. Smash this girl to pieces.''

''Boss, you better have a look at this...''

''Haa...Can't you simply do it yourself? I didn't pay you for nothing.'' Chiya released the pressure on Ichika's chin and turned around. ''What?''

''It's that kid...''

A silhouette loomed over them from the other side of the backyard. A monster from the darkest depths, one who had abandoned everything behind. A sudden silence descended upon the entire area, as everyone turned to look at the boy who was watching them. How long had he been there, and how much of their conversation overheard? Why no one noticed him until now?

Ichika suddenly yelled when she realized what she had seen. ''Kazuma-kun, RUN!''

Nobody responded. The shadow was just standing there, motionless and away from everyting. Even Chiya and her men had a strange feeling inside.

''What a freak...'' One of the men said.

Chiya's face contorted into a maniacal grin, her lips parting to reveal a twisted amusement that danced in her eyes. The sinister gleam in her gaze betrayed a sense of unrestrained glee, as if she had unearthed a long-lost secret or stumbled upon a forbidden trove. ''Ahahahaha...''

''B-boss...?''

''AHAHAHAHAHAH! Why didn't I think of this before?! Let's start with her boyfriend first. Let us rip her boyfriend apart right in front of her eyes!''

''KAZUMA-KUN! RUN, PLEASE!

''Brilliant idea boss.''

''You!'' Chiya called out to one of the boys holding Ichika. ''Get that kid done.''

''Consider it done. But I want some of her for myself.''

The muscly man silently fell into step beside Kazuma. Man had already made his fists and cracking them along the way. ''Heh, easy one. This punk doesn't have much muscle, I'll finish him in one punch.''

''Sorry ni-chan. It's just business, if you'll excuse me, I need to beat you up a little.''

''𝐈𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐦𝐞, 𝐢𝐭'𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨.''

"Oh, I'm so scared," taunted the muscular student. "This weakling thinks he can threaten me." He nonchalantly rested his arm on Kazuma's shoulder. "What are you going to do about this, huh, you little cocky b-"

The sudden draw of a sharp object, accompanied by the vivid sight of blood.

''H-...hahaha...Y-You must b-be j-joking...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!! MY ARM! MY ARM! THIS SON OF A BITCH JUST STABBED MY ARM! ARGH! AAAHHHH!! HELP!''

In the blink of an eye, a sharp object had penetrated the boy's arm, unleashing a torrent of bright red blood—true and fair crimson. Writhing in agony, the man collapsed to the ground, desperately clutching the wounded area. The intensity of the pain left him unable to articulate coherent cries. Although the injury wasn't life-threatening, it would incapacitate his arm for several months. The question lingered: was this a deliberate attack, or merely an coincidence?

No one can say for sure.

The eyes of everyone watching the event widened in an instant. Even Ichika was just observing him with wide-open eyes. "Kazuma-kun, what have you done..."

''Y-you s-son of a bitch!'' Chiya screamed at boy. A fear began to appear in her heart. No high school student can watch someone get stabbed in front of her and stay not-scared.

Kazuma's eyes slowly shifted towards the man who was writhing in pain on the ground, his attempts to scream rendered useless as only annoying noises escaped his lips. Meanwhile, the blood continued to flow from the wound.

''Shut. . .up. . .''

''H-help me, I-I'm sorry. It hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts so much. Please help me.''

''I. . . said . . .SHUT UP!''

''Wait plea— G-GAHHHH!!''

Kazuma struck the injured man's writhing face on the ground with a firm and forceful kick. The impact was so strong that blood spurted out for several meters, along with some saliva and teeth. The scene quickly turned into a gruesome bloodbath, and the boy eventually passed out in pain. The only sound that could be heard now was the flow of blood, as all voices had gone silent.

His clothes drenched in all crimson blood. The once quiet boy stood motionless in the midst of a blood pool with his gaze locked on the person who lay on the ground.;

''Ahahaha...AHAHAHAHAHAHA! I WAS EXPECTING SOMETHING MORE EXCITING. HOW CAN YOU FAINT WITH A SINGLE HIT?"

''B-boss...This guy—''

''PROTECT ME! IMMEDIATELY!''

Kazuma stepped directly on the man's unconscious head on the ground. Then he began walking towards the others who were standing there with a disturbingly blood-soaked smirk on his face.

''The money I get isn't worth this b-bullshit...''

The second man, a witness to the gruesome aftermath, wasted no time in succumbing to panic. Shock etched across his face, he hastily turned on his heels, his instinct for self-preservation overpowering any sense of loyalty. With a quick glance over his shoulder he fled the scene, disappearing into the shadows like a fleeting specter.

In stark contrast to the fleeing coward, Kazuma remained uninteresed. His steps carried him steadily forward, his focus unwavering as he slowly advanced toward the figure at the heart of the chaos—Chiya, the boss lady.

''Ha ha ha, I haven't felt this way in a long long time...''

''G-get back here! N-no...D-don't leave me here...You!'' Chiya's legs trembled with fear as she watched Kazuma(?) slowly approach her, unable to move from her spot. The confident and determined woman from earlier was nowhere to be seen anymore. ''S-stay away...''

With each step taken, the fear swelling in Chiya's heart intensified. She knew she had to act, or she'd find herself in the same unfortunate fate as the student who had crushed to the ground.

''A-ah...!''

''...''

Kazuma stopped right in front of Chiya. She couldn't move a single inch, her legs were trembling with fear. A blood-covered monster with a maniacal smile stood in front of her. The space between them was so close that they could feel each other's hot breath.

''Y-you can't hit a girl, can you?... Please think...P-please...''

Kazuma's smile slowly faded away, and the blood-soaked grin was replaced by the usual dull and emotionless expression. It was clear that he had lost all of the joy he had been feeling before.

''You're right, I can't hit a girl...''

''T-that's more like it...I'm n-not going to tell anyone about anything what's going on here. So p-please allow me to go.''

Slowly, the fear began to left Chiya's heart. She thought to herself that this boy couldn't bring himself to harm women. She could use this to her advantage and escape unscathed. She would deal with Ichika another day. Her top priority right now was to get out of here unharmed. To achieve this, she decided to negotiate with the boy in front of her. She knows that no man can resist female charm.

''Kazuma, was it?~ Let's make a deal with you. If you let me go from here, I promise you-...''

''SIKE!. . . AHAHAHAHAH! YOU 𝗜𝗡𝗦𝗜𝗚𝗡𝗜𝗙𝗜𝗖𝗔𝗡𝗧 𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗘𝗘𝗧 𝗕𝗜𝗧𝗖𝗛, YOU THINK I WAS SERIOUS?''

''Wait wh—UGH!''

The brutal impact of the blow unleashed an overwhelming force, threwing the young girl hurtling through the air. The atmosphere trembled with the raw power of the strike as her slender frame was propelled several meters backward. Time seemed to slow for an instant, capturing the chaotic dance of crimson droplets that painted an eerie tableau in the air.

Upon impact, the girl's form crumpled against the unforgiving ground, the force of the blow leaving an indelible mark on both flesh and earth. The splatter of blood, like an abstract canvas, adorned her once pristine attire, transforming her into a macabre masterpiece of tragedy.

''Oi oi...I just touched you with one finger, and you already have a concussion? Come on say something! Don't be scared."

Everytime time Chiya tried to speak; blood gush and seep from her mouth, leaving her mouth filled with the scarlet liquid.

The silhouette before her wore only a twisted smile across his countenance. Kazuma remained undeterred and continued to walk towards the injured and semi-conscious girl. The girl's mouth was already filled with blood, her cries will no longer be heard. But then something else happened.

A pair of hands held him from behind and tried to prevent him go any further. ''KAZUMA-KUN! CUT IT OUT!''

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 3.2K 86
Y/N, upon death, is isekai'd into an anime. Thinking they would wake up with great powers, Y/N is stunned to realize that they were reborn as the mai...
44.2K 585 24
Yuki was born in a rich family and has Quintuplet sisters but sadly he was thrown into a orphanage after they seen that he isn't a girl. Yuki had a r...
17.3K 665 14
Someone caught Bokuto's attention. He was friends with her, they were close but it's not close enough like Bokuto wants it. He has feelings for her. ...
63.7K 1.7K 26
People see me and think they're safer. But it's not really me they're seeing. Probably for the best... knowing everything hinges on a guy from an old...