๐•๐š๐ฅ๐ค๐ฒ๐ซ๐ข๐ž ๐๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐ ๏ฟฝ...

By NanisayNani

"You blessed us with your light, so don't be selfish and take it away" { ๐•๐•’๐•Ÿ๐••๐•–๐•ฃ๐•– ๐•‹๐•™๐• ๐•ฃ๐•—๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•Ÿ ๐•ฉ... More

000
{ ๐’ซ๐‘œ๐“Œ๐‘’๐“‡๐“ˆ/๐’ฒ๐‘’๐’ถ๐“…๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“ˆ }
001
002
{ Incorrect Quotes }
003
{ โœจQuick A/n โœจ}
004
005
{ โœจ Minor A/n โœจ }
007

006

1K 51 9
By NanisayNani

{ A/n, your back in your original clothing }

August 1013 AD Denmark, in the Vicinity of Jelling, the king, King Sweyn, and his soldiers were preparing for their incoming war against the English.

"The time has come. We must show those insolent English scoundrels, the power of a true king" He said.

"Yes. And I give you my word, to achieve our goal of capturing England. My men will fight relentlessly" Floki said.

"Hmm...and where is Canute? He has arrived hasn't he?" The king questioned.

"Indeed, his highness, the prince, awaits in Jelling. He's nourishing his spirit in preparation for the march" Floki replied.

"My king, are you sure you cannot reconsider your plan?" A bald man with brown hair receding in the back said, as he walked up next to Floki and his eyes trained on the King up ahead.

"Ragnar don't" Floki said, sternly.

"Theirs simply no need for Prince Canute to come along sire" He said.

"He's a candidate for succession, I shall give him the chance to display valor on the battlefield, just like his brother Harold" The king replied.

"B-But your majesty! His highness the prince still lacks experience on the field of battle"

"Enough, Ragnar. I am mindful of my son's safety as well. It's the very reason why, due to Floki's reports on her progress from Askeladd, I appointed his daughter as his personal bodyguard. Still however, we are the leaders of the Vikings, we must demonstrate our courage to earn their respect. We set sail in the morning"

With nothing else to say, the king left Ragnar alone to wallow in his discouragement, as he boarded one of his soldiers boats. Starting from the Humber River, they invaded northern England. In Gainsborough, five major cities surrendered to them. The sweeping momentum continued, as the main contingent moved South overland. Establishing dominance over each region as they continued their march. And yet, the steady and advance of the Danish forces came to sudden, albeit, temporary halt. In the commercial city of London, on October 1013 AD.

"Ahahaha! What's wrong? You should've brought more! Where's the fun if the battle ends too quickly!" A tall, muscular, man, with short spiky blonde hair said, on top of the London bridge. After throwing an axe that decapitated a soldier's head, one soldier's arm, and injured two others on one of the forces ships.

"*smirk* Hmp, do they really call that thing a bridge? It more like a fortress. But that's London for ya. Stood against all attackers for years now. There's a lot of history here" Askeladd said, while staring down the bridge from his ship.

"I think you owe us an explanation Askeladd. This city won't fall easily, but you told us their be no trouble taking it down" Bjorn said.

"Right, sorry. But in my defense I didn't think we'd encounter Thorkil among our enemies"

Bjorn spit into the water. "You mean Thorkil the Tall right? He threw his lot in with them for the money, damn traitor"

"Heheh, we're only here for the money ourselves though..." Askeladd sat down and grabbed a pitcher full of alcohol and drank it.

"We sided with the Danes because we thought King Sweyn had the best chance at winning. The other clans are no different. It's not about war, they're desperate to prove themselves and earn a great share of the spoils. They're so many here, wont be much to go around"

"Indeed. But lucky for me I don't fight for the money. I just enjoy killing"

"*smirk* And that's why I depend on you. End of the day, our leaders want to take London. And as rich as it is I don't blame them. With control of the river terrains, there's a direct supply route inland to Westlis"

"Heheh, then powerful people will be watching"

"Right, this is our chance to stand out"

"So then..." Bjorn sat down next to him. "You have anything exciting planned?"

"Hmm, plan might be a generous term for it...." Askeladd trailed off, as he eyed (Y/n) and Thorfinn on top of the ship's post. The boy sitting on the right side while cleaning his dagger, while the girl played with her chains a little, and admired the birds flying through the sky.

"(Y/n)! Thorfinn! I have a job for you two. Go get me Thorkil's head"

Thorfinn gave him a glance, before going back to cleaning his weapon. While (Y/n) groaned in disappointment and slight annoyance.

'And just when I figured I'd get to have a break from fighting today'  She thought.

"I'll need a reward for that" Thorfinn said.

"Alright, alright, same thing as always? Don't you ever get tired of that? Worked up over a fight you'll never win. Just like your father, atleast in one way....!"

Before Askeladd could take another sip of his drink, Thorfinn threw his dagger and shattered the pitcher, and also indenting it on the shoulder of the boat.

"*glare* Don't ever forget Askeladd. My only desire, is to defeat you with the honor of a true warrior in a duel. And our next one, will be your last. I'll rip out your heart and dedicate it to my father's spirit"

Askeladd smirked and threw it back at him. "Better get to work then. Go earn your reward on the field of battle by doing your job. That's the way of the warrior. My head doesn't come cheap. But we can duel each other as many times as you want. So earn it, by Thorkil's head. Also, (Y/n), I don't suppose you want something too?"

"No, I don't" (Y/n) said, bluntly.

"Heh, oh come now don't be shy, I know there's gotta be something you'd like out of this"

"*frown*.......There's only two things that I want Askeladd...." (Y/n) eyed her chains as an image of her mother popped in her head. "And those things are something you'll never have the power to give me"

"Hmp, cryptic much? Fine, but don't get upset and go changing your mind afterwards"

"Hey! Over here Askeladd!" One of his men on a different ship exclaimed.

"Huh?" Askeladd replied.

"I see a lone ship that's approaching the bridge! It's the Jomsvikings Stag of the Sea!"

(Y/n) twitched in discomfort at the man's news, knowing what it implied, as her and Askeladd both looked at the ship moving towards the bridge up ahead.

"An envoy from Floki's regiment, or Floki himself. Probably going to see if he could fight Thorkil back from the English. I'd expect he'll double their offer to him" He said.

"He always goes where the money is. Safe bet that he'll take it" Bjorn said.

"*smile* Hm, we'll see, life is just full of surprises"

Once they saw Floki's ship, the soldiers on the tower began shooting arrows and throwing at him and his men, forcing them to use their shields to protect themselves. They fortunately stopped however when Thorkil ordered them to hold their fire.

"Hey Floki! I haven't seen you in quite awhile now! You're looking well after all these years!" He exclaimed.

"Enough pleasantries! I have a message! This comes from his highness King Sweyn himself...." Floki pulled out a paper and unfolded it. "Allow me to read his words to you. The King of England is gone, he's fled to the land of Franks. Any resistance from this point forward is futile. Surrender now and we'll make this solemn oath, you and you're men shall be spared, and you shall maintain possession of all your assets. Come and fight for your countrymen Thorkil! That's yet another of his highness's wishes"

"Does that mean King Sweyn is here? He sure works hard, especially for a man who's that old" Thorkil replied.

"What's the meaning of this? Tell me Thorkil! Why would you draw your bow against your own brothers? We fought side by side. For months and years our ships sailed the seas together. The current carries you in the wrong direction. Your older brother, Chieftan Sigvaldi, is growing worried about your health"

"Carried by the current huh? I suppose I am. But I fought against the English until just last year so I know what I'm in for. Everyone one of these men are soft. They lack proper fighting spirit. Only one man would stand a chance against the Danish army, The King's son, Prince Edmund. This country's finished for sure"

"*smile* Yes, so?"

"*smirk* Right I'll just get to the point. All I'm after is an interesting fight, so I'm going against you"

"Huh?!"

"This conversation's over. Why don't we pick up where we left off...."

Thorkil walked towards the other side of the bridge and picked up a huge boulder and chucked it at Floki's ship. They were barely able to dodge it and quickly made a retreat.

Moments later, Askeladd and his ship made a beeline for the bridge, getting in just the right spot for Thorfinn and (Y/n) to begin their assault.

"*smirk* Ah! here we are, now these guys seem pretty interesting. Especially if that girl is what I think she is. Nobody lay a hand on these two! Because this jolly green idiot and beast girl over here...." Thorkil trailed off, before swinging the log in his hands at them, the minute they launched themselves off the ship post and towards him.

"Are all mines!"

To dodge it, Thorfinn swiftly jumped on and leaped off of it, while (Y/n) sliced off the spiky end with her left leg.

"Bastards!"

Thorfinn immediately ducked and stepped back when he swung it around again. Which (Y/n) took the chance to jump up and roundhouse kick him in his neck. But he immediately turned around, used the log to block it, and grabbed and harshly twisted it. She grunted in pain, as he was damn near close to breaking the thing. And would've succeeded had she not kicked him the in face and Thorfinn attempted to sneak attack him. Forcing him to let her go and try to smash him with the log again, but ending up only hitting the left side of the bridge, while she landed on the ground a few feet away.

"*smirk* Hmm, you're not bad, little ones" He said, as he looked between the two and wiped off the blood from his nose with his thumb. His shoulders slowly advanced towards them, but they stopped when he spoke up again.

"I said nobody lay a hand on them. I must answer the challenge of this suicide attacker, and this ferocious beast...." He casually tossed the broken log off the ship. "It's been awhile since I've had the honor of fighting a Fanalis, so you and the boy better show me all you've got, girl!"

'Been awhile? He's..fought my kind before? But who even was.....!' (Y/n)'s thoughts were interrupted the moment Thorfinn charged at him. Missing the punch he threw by a millisecond, before slicing his left wrist and quickly stepping back. Not wasting her opening, (Y/n) leaped forward to punch him in his jaw. But once again, she failed to make contact, as he blocked her fist with his right hand.

He then grasped it and swung her around, releasing at the last second, causing her to collide into Thorfinn. The boy holding his arms out so that her back could hit his chest and not his arms or daggers.

"*smile* You cut my wrist boy, and you bruised my hand just now, girl. You're both full of surprises aren't you!"

"(Y/n)! Are you alright?" He asked, his knuckles pressing against her arms as he steadied her.

"Y-yeah I'm fine. This guy is tougher than I'd though he'd be" She said.

"Your right. It's no wonder he's so cocky. With as big as he is, we'll be dead if he even lands one hit"

"Oh, I like you! You keep this old man entertained!" Thorkil exclaimed, as it was his turn to advance and attempt to land a blow on them. Which, luckily for the two, as they dodged each of his punches. One of them landing and breaking the left side of bridge. Which (Y/n) seized the moment to bend down and allow Thorfinn to step on her back and thrust his dagger towards his neck.

However, he wasn't able to hit it, as he leaned his body back just in time. When that failed they both retreated again.

"Whoa, that was a close one, heheh" Thorkil said, while cracking his neck and shoulders.

"Tch! neither of us can reach him. All of his weak points are too high up, armpits, neck...." Thorfinn trailed off, before (Y/n) spoke up.

"No really...." Her eyes directed themselves at his legs. "*smirk* I see two that aren't that high up"

Thorfinn's eyes followed hers and he immediately caught on to what she meant. Nodding in agreement at each other, before she charged at Thorkil. Seeing that she was trying to attack him low, he raised his right leg to kick her, but she dove right under it, and wasted no time kicking the back of his left one. Causing him to lose his balance and fall on his knee.

"Thorfinn! Now!" She exclaimed.

Thorfinn dashed and raised his left dagger to stab him the face. But just as he brought it down, Thorkil used his hand to take damage for him. Shocking him and (Y/n).

"*smirk* Ow, that hurts. I've got you now kid...!"

He flung Thorfinn around in the air like a rag doll twice, the second time forced him off his dagger, which was still lodged in Thorkil's hand, and thrown into a different part of the bridge, breaking it once more.

He then turned around and coughed up some spit when (Y/n) ran and punched him full force in the stomach. However instead of groaning in pain, he grinned in delight, and grabbed the front of her shirt and tossed her down onto the bridge as well.

She grunted and squirmed a little over the scratch marks and bloodied cut on her forehead from the wooden debris. While Thorkil walked over to Thorfinn, grabbed his wrist, and began flinging him around again.

"*frown* Oh gods, this isn't good. Despite that attack I'm sure (Y/n)'s alright, but that guy's kicking Thorfinn's ass. I knew, even with her by his side, that his chances were slim" Askeladd said, watching the chaos from his ship.

*Drum noises*

"Askeladd, that's the signal" Bjorn said.

"Hmm...." Askeladd gazed at (Y/n), as she slowly picked herself up. "Right, let's head back then. But all of you make sure not to row too fast, I atleast want (Y/n) to make it on board"

Some of his men as well as Bjorn raised an eyebrow at their leader's request, but ignored it for now and did as they were told.

"Huh? Where they going? The whole battle ended while were having our fun. Little ones, you're friends abandoned you here. Poor things..." Thorkil said, while looking down Thorfinn who dangled with his head down from his hand. And at (Y/n), who was breathing heavily as she got into a battle stance.

"And after you both fought so hard"

'With how powerful and durable this guy is, you'd think he was a Fanalis too. It doesn't seem like today is the one where me or Thorfinn will be able to defeat him. So our best option is to retreat like the others. Still...I'd like to atleast...try to get him with this first...' She thought. Putting and lifting her arms against her sides, before breathing in and letting out an ear piercing screech.

Damaging Thorkil's and most of his men's ear drums, but only they were ones who had each of them injured, and kneeled and covered them in pain. She abruptly halted her screaming once Thorfinn regained consciousness and sliced off two of Thorkil's fingers with his father's dagger.

She quickly went over and helped him up, after he jumped back and landed on his behind, while also breathing heavily.

"*smile* Oho, after all that you both still haven't lost the will to fight. For people so small you're quite impressive...." He pulled out the other dagger and let it fall to the ground. "I must know, what are your names, warriors?"

".......Thorfinn, son of Thors, Thorfinn" Thorfinn said.

"And I'm (Y/n), daughter of (M/n)"

"Huh? Son of Thors and Daughter of (M/n), when you say Thors and (M/n) do you mean the ones who....!"

Thorkil couldn't finish his question, as they both tossed themselves down the broken part of the bridge next to them, and escaped through the water.

"Aw, now they're getting away" He said, while gazing at them in disappointment.

"What'd ya think Captain, should we shoot them?" One of his soldiers questioned.

"*sigh* No don't, they can live today...." He waved his now three fingered hand in the air. "Hey! Thanks for the fight Thorfinn and (Y/n)! I had a lot of fun! Let's do it again! And next time we're going to finish it! That I can promise you!"

[ Afternoon ]

"Come on Thorfinn, your badly injured, you need to....!" (Y/n) said, before Thorfinn interrupted her and shoved her arm away from his mouth. Declining her offer again after the pass hour of them finding the grassy shore and walking through a forest.

"*glare* I already told you to start focusing on taking care of yourself rather than me and those bastards! Because I swear if you don't then I'll force you myself!" He exclaimed.

"*glare* And what do you mean by that, huh?! As I've said Thorfinn this is my job! Now, do I enjoy feeling helpless and drained after using my powers? Do I enjoy fighting every freaking chance I get? Of course I don't! But I've been taught very early in my life that what I feel or want doesn't matter for crap in the end! So what if you've convinced Askeladd to stop using my power. Sooner or later he might break his deal, or I'll be sent back to my father and use it to treat his soldiers, just like back then......."

It wasn't much, but Thorfinn's glare softened a bit as he saw how the girl was currently on the verge of tears.

"*frown* In the end, nothing will change"

'......That's because your too much of a coward to do anything about it. But, don't worry......because I'll keep making sure no one will use you again. Even if I have to hurt you to do it....' Thorfinn thought, not saying a word to (Y/n), and just continuing down the path while holding his dislocated arm and as she followed him.

Reaching the other end of the forest, they managed fortunately stumble across Askeladd and his men as he casually trotted on horseback. He halted the stallion while the rest kept walking forward.

"So you actually made it. (Y/n) I'm not so much, but I'm surprised you're alive Thorfinn. Ooh, you're in a pretty sorry state though. Course, he was a difficult opponent for you both, wasn't he? What will you do? The rest of us are on the march to Westlis. But we're not waiting around for you if you can't keep up" He said.

To answer him, Thorfinn got on his knees and pushed his hand roughly against the ground, relocating his arm and shoulder. (Y/n) squinted in discomfort when she heard the bones snapping in place, while Askeladd became slightly impressed. He even smirked as him and (Y/n) walked ahead with the rest of the soldiers.

"Hahaha, Westlis ought to be worth our while" One of them said.

"I can hardly wait"

"Hey you only have one arm though"

"I can still take on anyone"

"Not if I get them first"

Thorfinn gritted his teeth as head hanged down, and (Y/n) sneered in disgust at their comments. It also didn't help that they were both thinking back to their fight with Thorkil and his final "farewell" to them.

"These monsters have all lost their minds. What the hell is wrong with them? How can anyone laugh about killing?!" He said/grunted.

".......I don't know. But then again, only acting on your savage impulses, and your own satisfaction even if it's bad. Are exactly what monsters are" She replied.

{ A/n, hey just asking but would you guys like it if I skipped to the part where Askeladd and the others saved Canute and Ragnar from the forest fire next chapter? Or do you want me to include the stuff that happens before then? Please let me know! ❤️ }

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.8K 2.8K 48
"I'm going to kill you!" That was the first time I had ever heard the blonde headed boy speak. I watched from besides my fathers side as the child sc...
9.8K 502 25
Hi! This is my first attempt at fan fiction but I have been writing books for years now! That being said I have read the Vinland saga manga twice ove...
5K 128 19
TW for Yandere, abusive themes, dark themes, cartoon/mild gore, victim blaming, "Stockholm syndrome" (not a thing but you get the idea. The attachmen...