Isolation Second Chance

By HungjuiChiu

After the manga events, Eren is revived by the Founder Ymir and he gets to live a second life. Will he contin... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

Chapter 6

277 3 2
By HungjuiChiu

As Erich and Fay bring Carla to meet Laura and Wade, Laura curiously asks, "Who's she, Erich? She looks scared."

Erich reassures, "This is Carla. She's our friend. Don't worry, she's shy, but she'll be okay."

"Hi, Carla! Don't be scared. We're nice." Wade tries to comfort her, but Carla remains cautious, hiding behind Erich, her eyes wide with apprehension.

Wade leans closer to Erich and whispers, "She seems to trust you."

"Stop it," Erich mutters back, slightly embarrassed.

Laura suggests, "Shall we explore the other side of the forest? We might find some bears for our parents."

"Bears? Are there bears here?" Carla asks nervously.

"Don't worry, Carla. We're with you. There's no need to be afraid," Erich assures her in a calming tone.

As the five children venture through the forest in search of bears, their quest takes an unexpected turn. Instead of the bears they anticipated, they hear unfamiliar voices. Wade's eyes widen as he whispers, "Did you guys hear that? Sounds like someone's coming."

Suddenly, three armed individuals appear, their guns aimed squarely at the children. "What do we have here? A group of kids wandering around in the forest," one of the strangers remarks.

"Are you lost, kiddos? This isn't a safe place for you to be," another adds, eyeing them suspiciously.

"We're not lost. We live around here. Why are you pointing your guns at us?" Fay questions with a hint of fear in her voice.

The men remain silent, instead exchanging looks. One of them sneers, "Looks like three girls and two boys. What do you say we do with them?"

"We'll take out the boys and sell the girls. They'll fetch a pretty penny," another decides callously.

Erich's eyes widen in alarm, sensing the impending danger. "Run!"

The children scramble to flee from the armed men, but one of the assailants manages to grab hold of Carla, causing her to scream in terror.

"Carla!" Erich's voice rings out in panic as he races after the men.

"Erich, stop!" Fay cries out, but Wade restrains her. "We need to get help from Mr. Kruger."

"But Erich and Carla..." Fay protests, torn between her concern and the need to seek assistance. Finally, she grits her teeth and races back home to alert Eren and Aya.

Erich stealthily follows the three men to a house, where he finds Carla tied up and crying on the floor. "I have to do something. I can't just wait for Mom and Dad."

Recalling his father's words, he murmurs to himself, "If we don't fight, we won't win."

Haunted by memories of the Rumbling, he closes his eyes momentarily and whispers, "No, I have to save her now."

Inside the house, the three men deliberate on what to do with Carla. "Will she fetch a good price?"

"She looks alright, but she's just a kid. Not my cup of tea," remarks the second man.

"Her ethnicity matters more. We'll take her to the Underground market in the capital and sell her to those wealthy old men."

Carla, shivering in tears, mutters, "It's cold..."

Suddenly, a knock on the door startles the men. "Those pesky kids again?" one of them grumbles.

"They're likely here to rescue their friend. Let's deal with them quickly." As the first man opens the door, a bullet pierces through his chest, and he collapses.

Before the second man can react, Erich hurls the rifle to the ground and charges at them with a makeshift spear crafted from a knife and a tree branch.

"Die!" Erich shouts as he thrusts the spear, impaling the second man, leaving only the ringleader standing.

At the same time, Armin and Annie are passing nearby and notice Erich's actions. "What's Erich doing?" Annie asks with concern.

"It looks like he's trying to fight them..." Armin responds, his voice tinged with horror. Erich shouts, "You damn animals! Die!"

The boss attempts to shoot Erich but misses, the bullet grazing Erich's shoulder. Erich winces from the pain but remains determined, eventually managing to disarm and incapacitate the last assailant. Carla looks on in shock as Erich rushes to free her.

"Don't worry, Carla. You're safe now," Erich says, focusing on untying her. Carla can't help but feel a mix of emotions, seeing Erich's efforts to protect her despite the danger.

"Erich! Carla!" Eren and the others arrive at the scene, finding Erich and Carla outside the house, surrounded by the three assailants who are no longer a threat.

The soldiers accompanying Eren examine the situation. "Two were stabbed by the knife on the ground, and one was shot," one of them reports.

Eren approaches Erich and demands, "Erich, Did you do this?"

Erich remains silent. Eren kneels down and continues, "Do you comprehend the gravity of what you've done?"

"I got rid of some dangerous animals!" Erich's voice trembles. "They were beasts in human form! They would've been long gone by the time the National Military arrived! It would've been too late!"

Eren and Mikasa are both surprised at what he said, what are the odds that the same thing has happened again? Eren's expression softens a little, realizing Erich's intentions. "Even so, you were just lucky, Erich! The way you casually threw your life away is what I'm angry about!"

"I just wanted to save her," Erich says tearfully.

Eren notices his own sternness, realizing that he is starting to act like his father, and with a softer tone, he continues, "Erich, I'm grateful that you were ready to save Carla. However, your approach could have been more measured. I understand the necessity of your actions in this situation, but it's crucial to control your anger. The daggers in your eyes are enough to burn the whole world down to ashes."

"I'll try, Dad," Erich murmurs.

Meanwhile, Jean rushes to Carla, expressing concern. "Are you okay? Did they harm you?"

"They... they wanted to take me somewhere dark... I..." Carla's voice trails off, and Mikasa notices her trembling.

"Are you feeling cold?" Fay inquires.

Carla hesitates. "No... I... I'm just chilly..."

In a tender gesture, Erich removes his green scarf and wraps it around Carla's neck. "You can keep this, Carla. It's warm, right?"

Carla gingerly touches the soft fabric. "It's warm..."

Jean turns to Eren with anger in his voice, "This is your fault! Your children's recklessness almost cost me my daughter!"

Eren sighs in frustration, "My fault? It's not like I invited those people here to hunt children. I can't believe these scums are still lurking around..."

As the soldiers approach Eren and the others, Eren instructs, "Report that the perpetrators were attacked by wild animals. Also, inform the queen about these individuals."

"Yes, sir." The soldiers leave the scene. Mikasa steps in to soothe Jean's anger and murmurs, "It's unbelievable... this situation feels eerily familiar, doesn't it? Just like 15 years ago..."

"What do you mean?" Jean inquires, confusion evident in his voice.

Eren pauses, a solemn expression crossing his face. "15 years ago, Mikasa was kidnapped in a similar manner. The words I just said to Erich... they were the same words my Dad said to me after I rescued Mikasa..."

The revelation startles everyone, and it even catches the attention of Armin and Annie, who were observing from a distance behind the trees.

"That explains Mikasa's attachment to that scarf," Aya murmurs, her gaze shifting to Mikasa's scarf.

As they stood witness to Erich's comforting gesture towards Carla, the air around them grew thick with an unsettling silence. Their eyes met in a silent exchange, each bearing the weight of past traumas echoing in the present. The familiar echoes of history, rekindled by the recent incident, hung like an oppressive shroud over their thoughts.

Moving forward, the four adults guided the children back towards the fortified walls, their footsteps almost synchronized, laden with concern and contemplation. Mikasa and Jean cast thoughtful glances at each other, their expressions a blend of concern and reflection. Eren's gaze lingered on Erich and Carla, understanding the weight of the situation that had befallen them, coupled with the resonance it bore to his own past.

The journey back was marked by a palpable heaviness, each step a reminder of the recurring shadows of their intertwined destinies. The burden of memories, both recent and from years past, weighed heavily on their minds, casting a somber hue over the entire group. In the silence of their collective thoughts, the haunting echoes of past struggles reverberated, leaving an indelible mark on their present lives.

"Are you saying you want to stay with Eren?" Jean asks, taken aback by Carla's request.

"I want to be as strong as Erich and Fay... I want to stay!" Carla insists. "Can't we just move here too?"

"Moving isn't as simple as it sounds," Jean sighs.

Eren intervenes, "Actually if you're serious about it, my friends can assist you. The reason we chose to live secluded here was due to our unique abilities."

"Special powers?" Mikasa and Jean inquire, puzzled. Eren then cuts his palm with a knife, stunning everyone as the wound swiftly heals.

"You still possess Titan healing abilities?" Jean gasps in surprise.

"No, these are just healing abilities. I'm no longer a Titan." Eren clarifies. "Aya can control earth and water, while I can manipulate healing, fire, and communicate with animals."

"So, superpowers?" Mikasa confirms.

"Something along those lines," Aya affirms.

Summoning Katrina, Gloria, Peter, and Odom, they collectively aid in moving Mikasa and Jean's home closer to the walls, allowing Carla and Erich the chance to reunite more frequently.

Upon returning to their residence, Armin and Annie are surprised to find Connie, Pieck, and Reiner waiting for them. Pieck speaks up, her tone urgent, "What's going on? Erwin has been missing you two since your absence from Marley. He's desperate for your return."

Annie's voice is stern as she responds, "Ever since the day we visited Eren's grave, strange occurrences have been unfolding. But I have a question for you. Is this the information Willy Tybur presented during the speech that Eren disrupted?"

Reiner and Pieck's expressions turn to shock as Annie hands them the paper that Eren had given her. Reiner is the first to regain composure enough to ask, "How did you get your hands on this?"

"Answer my question first. Was the content of this paper accurate?" Annie inquires, her tone carrying an edge.

Pieck studies the paper before responding, "Yes, that's what Willy conveyed during the speech. However, he didn't finish the last line because Eren Yeager transformed and attacked, killing many of those present."

"That implies if Eren hadn't attacked Marley, this island would've faced inevitable destruction," Annie concludes. "No wonder he was so furious and attempted to initiate the Rumbling."

"What are you talking about?" Reiner queries, bewildered by Annie's implications.

Armin pauses, contemplating the situation's delicacy. "Guys, you might not like what I have to say, but Eren... somehow got a second chance at life. He's still among us."

The news hits the three of them like a bolt of lightning. Connie reacts incredulously, "Eren's alive? Are you serious? Where is he?"

"I can't disclose that. He's deliberately living a secluded life with his wife and children. His intention was to remain concealed from everyone," Armin explains.

Reiner interjects, "If he's alive, it could stir up significant complications."

"And that's precisely why he's chosen to live discreetly. He's assumed the name Kruger and appears to be working as a doctor, aiding people in need," Annie adds.

Connie's curiosity intensifies, "Armin, Annie. Please, tell me where he is! I have so many questions I need to ask him!"

Armin hesitates, aware of the sensitivity of the matter. "I can give you their location, but I urge you not to approach them without Eren's consent."

In this chapter, the Alliance has learned of Eren's survival, bringing a surprising twist to the narrative. It's crucial to clarify that this story focuses on an original character's relationship with Eren, and no other pairings involving Eren will unfold within this storyline. I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 8 17
after Eren dies Ymir gives him a second chance to restart life and be with Mikasa
73.3K 1.3K 21
MANGA SPOILERS: I know a lot of people have already written fan fictions on this topic but this one will be different. After Mikasa killed Eren, Ere...
51 0 21
Mystie thought she was a normal girl when she and her friend find out their warriors, what will they do...When she meets Armin, Eren, Mikasa and Levi...
922 29 12
Eren Yeager is given a second chance to relive his life. He can change the past and make better decisions and he has a brighter dream for everyone in...