It Was Always You

By Love-Ink

Sequel to "She Will Be Loved". Juice and Angela are finally together but will his newly earned patches and cl... More

Ch. 1 Domesticity
Ch. 2 Observations
Ch. 3 Come Home
Ch. 4 Helping Out
Ch. 5 Impressions
Ch. 6 Little Moments
Ch. 7 Brief Respite
Ch. 8 Lunch Date
Ch. 10 For Life
Ch. 11 Taste of Charming
Ch. 12 Worth It
Ch. 13 Challenge Accepted
Ch. 14 Long Night
Ch. 15 In Not Up
Ch. 16 Cursed
Ch. 17 Questions
Ch. 18 Home Life
Ch. 19 Relaxing
Ch. 20 Always
Ch. 21 Protection
Ch. 22 Together
Ch. 23 Mission
Ch. 24 Vacation
Ch. 25 Peace
Ch. 26 Research
Ch. 27 Buddies
Ch. 28 Caught
Ch. 29 Never Alone
Ch. 30 Blast

Ch. 9 Quirks and All

271 13 8
By Love-Ink

Told you'd I'd be updating soon! ;)
Warning! Thar be smut below!!
💋
~'~'~'~

Juice walked into the house with the pizza box perched precariously on his arm. Again, his dinner night was going to be a lazy one, and he felt a little guilty about it. One of these days, he was going to shock her by cooking her a full meal. "Pizza's here!" Juice called setting the pizza box down before taking off his boots. He hung up his cut and his gun holster by the door, making sure the little dime bag of white powder was inside before he threw the steak n the fridge for later. The sound of soft music was coming from down the hall, and he followed it slowly. Their bedroom door was open, and he leaned on the doorjamb as he looked inside, too exhausted to stay up right.

Angela was standing with her back to him, looking at herself in the mirror above their dresser. She was dressed in a satin emerald-green floor length dress, the back of it was bare except for criss-crossing strings that started at the middle of her back and tied at its base. She was messing with her hair, putting it up and down to see what she liked better. He couldn't take her eyes off her mostly bare back, the way her muscles moved as she lifted her arms up and down. She was beautiful.

He wolf-whistled at her, and she turned. His jaw almost dropped when he saw the front of the dress was just as enticing as the back. Its neckline was low and crossed over in the front as if it was a wrap kind of dress, exposing her cleavage in the best way. The skirt of it was higher in the front than in the back with a slit that showed off her legs. "Holy shit," he breathed, drinking her in.

"Like it? It's my bridesmaid dress," she explained, shimmying her hips so the loose fabric of the skirt moved. It swirled around her legs, clinging to her hips, making his pants feel just a little tighter. It was rare Angela wore dresses. They were saved for special occasions and seeing her in one now, made him wish she wore one more often.

"You're wearing that to the wedding?" he asked in disbelief. "Thought bridesmaid dresses were supposed to be ugly."

Angela laughed, shaking her head. "I mean, the color is...a little overboard but, no, thankfully Nessa has good taste."

He bit his lip as he looked her up and down, nodding emphatically. "Very good taste."

Stepping closer to her, he settled his hands on her sides, smoothing them down the silky fabric until they cupped her hips. Leaning in, he traced his lips over her throat, delighting when she shivered against him. Parting his lips, he pressed them to her neck, sucking on the soft skin a little harder than usual trying to leave a mark. His hands slid up and down her sides before parting the slit in her dress and grabbing at her thighs to lift her onto the dresser. She yelped in surprise, her arms draping over his shoulders. He moved between her legs, nipping at her neck and smirking as she breathed in sharply, her head falling to the side, a sweet sigh escaping her lips.

His hands slid up her thighs, enjoying the smooth feel of her skin underneath his palms. She spread her legs for him a little more, and he could just barely see the bruise on the inside of her thigh he'd left behind the last time. He pressed his thumb into it, smirking at her low hiss. Moving his hand between her legs, his fingertips teased at the soaking wet fabric of her panties. "Already wet for me, baby?" he rasped as she shivered against him.

"Mm-hmm," she managed to get out, gasping as he move the panties to the side and slid his fingers between her folds. She moved her hips against his hand as he leaned up to catch her lips in a hot kiss, his teeth scraping against her lower lip while he slid a finger inside her hot core.

"Like that?" he asked, though he already knew she did. Could tell by the way her eyes were fluttering closed, her lower lip caught between her teeth. He added another finger, teasing her as he moved his mouth across her chest, nipping and sucking as he went. He could feel her getting close, and curled his fingers, putting pressure on the spot he knew would send her over the edge, grinning as she clenched around his fingers. His eyes went to her face, watching as her head fell back, her long hair cascading down her shoulders. Her hips bucked against his hand, his name leaving her lips as a soft whimper that sent fire racing through his veins. He stared at her, awestruck, and proud at just how euphoric she looked when she came for him. He'd done that. Just him. He kissed her neck again, softer this time, sweeter. "You're so fuckin' beautiful," he murmured, taking away his fingers.

Her already flushed cheeks seemed to grow just a little redder as she gave him an almost shy smile. "So are you," she breathed, grabbing his chin and pulling his face to hers to capture his lips in a hot kiss.

He hooked a finger under the straps of her black panties. "These. Off," he ordered.

Her raspy chuckle almost made him lose it right there. "Yes, sir," she murmured, bracing her hands on the dresser to lift her hips enough that he could slowly slide the panties down her legs. He took the off of her, fighting the urge to bring them to his face to smell and settled instead with tucking them into his pant pocket for later; he knew she didn't love his panty-sniffing habit.

She smirked in response, her legs moving around his hips as she reached in between them to undo his belt and push down his pants. She snaked her hand into his briefs, stroking his already painfully hard member. He leaned his head against her shoulder, groaning at her ministrations. "C'mon, baby," she whispered, using her legs to pull him in closer.

He knew what she wanted and positioned himself at her entrance, slowly sinking into her and grinning triumphantly at her low moan. He realized too late he'd forgotten a condom, but he wasn't going to stop now; she felt good with that usual barrier between them, but without it, it she felt like heaven. "Feels so good," he murmured, kissing her shoulder and just enjoying the moment of being inside her. "Forgot...condom..." he barely managed to get out.

Angela laughed lightly, her hand moving to the back of his neck as she kissed him hungrily. "Don't care. Vamonos Juan Carlos," she purred in his ear.

A wave of heat washed over him. Smirking at her, he pulled all the way out before snapping back in, triumphant when she gasped in response, her fingernails digging into his shoulders through his thin shirt. He moved slowly at first to tease her before he'd finally had enough. He thrust into her harder, desperately seeking his release, his hands braced on the dresser on either side of her hips while she held onto him, her arms wrapped around his shoulders, her lips at his ear alternating between nipping it softly and whispering Spanish words he didn't understand. The dresser shook underneath them, banging against the wall with each thrust of his hips. Their shared jewelry box and bottles of his cologne and her perfume tipped over as the piece of furniture shook underneath her. He was getting close, and he could tell by the way her hips were moving, walls clenching around him, that she was too. Moving a hand between them, he teased her most sensitive spot, sending her over the edge and him tumbling over with her, filling her as he pulsed inside of her, murmuring her name over and over while he lazily dragged his lips over every inch of her skin within his reach. Her nails raked over his mohawk, and he lifted his head to catch her lips in a soft kiss.

"Love you," he rasped, kissing her again as he slid out of her.

"Love you too," she replied on a smile. She dragged a finger lazily over his jaw line, a love drunk smile on her face; he had a feeling the look on his face wasn't much different. Leaning forward, she kissed him again before gently pushing him away.

He helped her to her feet, watching as she straightened her dress. He pulled up his pants as she let out a breathy curse. "Definitely gotta iron this before the wedding," she muttered, before she unzipped the back and let it fall to the floor leaving her in just a lacy black bra. Juice's eyes fell on her round ass as she walked away towards the bathroom to clean herself up. He was about to chase after her, but she closed the door in his face. "Let me clean up a minute!"

He chuckled, leaning his head against the door for a moment as he tried to catch his breath. God, he loved that girl. He was still in shock that after lusting after her for so long, she was his. He'd had these fantasies of her before, but they were nothing in comparison to the real deal. He heard the shower run briefly before it stopped, and she sighed happily. "Hey Ang?" he asked, realizing there was one big difference in what they'd just done. In the heat of the moment, he'd forgotten protection. The idea of her having his baby was something he loved, but it seemed too soon for it. They hadn't been together all that long, and he was enjoying having her all to himself. "Are you...on anything?"

He heard her soft chuckle before she opened the door and walked her naked ass over to the dresser they'd just defiled. "Of course," she answered, pulling on a tank top and a pair of his old basketball shorts. "Those pills in my nightstand aren't candy. They aren't uppers either so don't mess."

"Ha-ha," he said sarcastically, knowing she was referencing his experience with Tig's "vitamins" and the diaper she'd found him wearing after he'd taken them. "Don't worry. Got no interest in doing that again."

Angela laughed, turning to look at herself in the mirror above the dresser and prodding the red mark he'd left on her neck. It was going to be difficult for her to cover; he'd chosen that spot on purpose. "Had to mark me, didn't you, Ortiz?" she said on a sigh, shaking her head at him as she righted the jewelry box and the other items they'd knocked over.

"Sorry," he replied on a big grin. He wasn't sorry. Not at all. He wanted her to go with a mark that showed Esai exactly who she belonged to. He picked her dress up off the floor and slid the straps onto a hanger, holding it up to see it again without her in it. "Can't believe you gotta wear this to the wedding. You're gonna upstage the bride."

She rolled her eyes at him, taking the dress and hanging it up in the closet. "You haven't seen Nessa's dress," she replied with a small smile. "Its beautiful. She looks like a princess. I mean, it's not what I want when the time comes, too poofy, but she looks amazing."

It was the first time she even hinted at the idea of getting married without her Ma or aunt bringing it up first. He sat down on the edge of the bed, cocking his head to the side, intrigued with the idea that she'd thought of what her wedding dress would look like. He wondered what other wedding things she'd planned. "No? What's yours gonna look like?"

"Less poof. I kinda like the idea of a shorter dress. Tea length. Lace. Tight bodice, tulle skirt, lace back."

"And the groom?"

She turned and stepped between his legs. Placing a hand on either side of his face, she squished his cheeks together. "Got a good idea of what he'll look like, and he is a total goof but very, very handsome," she told him, kissing his nose just as her stomach gurgled.

He was ninety-nine percent sure she was talking about him, and it warmed him to his core. He couldn't wait to one day call her his wife. He didn't see a future without her in it. He slowly leaned forward, his shoulder gently going into her stomach as he got to his feet, hefting her over his shoulder. She squealed in surprise, giggling as he carried her towards the kitchen. Her hand reached down to smack his ass. He set her down on the floor in the kitchen, silencing her giggling with a kiss which she eagerly returned. He pulled away, grinning at the big smile on her face. "You're beautiful," he told her again, trapping her between his body and the counter. Her stomach grumbled again, and her cheeks turned pink. "And hungry, apparently."

"Well, you gave me quite a workout," she replied with a wink. "What'd ya get for me?"

"Pizza for my angel," he said, gesturing to the box on the other counter. "Sorry it's nothing fancy."

"Don't be. I've been craving a good slice," she replied, going to the fridge to get something to drink. She furrowed her brow at the sight of the huge steak inside. "Were you planning a steak night?"

Juice grimaced, scratching at the back of his neck. "Oh no...that's for later," he said, thankful she didn't see the little baggy of crank hidden underneath it. He didn't want her to think he was using, especially since he wasn't really sure how to go about explaining he'd bought the drugs to knockout a killer Doberman so they could steal a truck.

She stared at him in disbelief before shaking her head. "I don't want to know," she muttered, reaching around it to grab two beers. She opened them with the bottle opener he'd affixed to the counter before handing him one. "When are you outta here?"

"Probably in an hour or so. Tig'll call," he answered on a shrug. He watched her grab a piece of pizza and lean back against the counter. She took a bite, humming with delight and doing a small, satisfied shimmy with her shoulders. He couldn't help but chuckle at her obvious delight. "Good?"

"Amazing," she replied around another bite.

Juice started in on his own slice, not at all bothered that they were just eating in the kitchen and not formally at the table. He liked the casualness of it all. Enjoyed just being in her presence. "So this wedding...with the Mayan..."

Angela rolled her eyes, taking a long pull of her beer. "Are you about to give me rules, sir?" she asked, squaring her shoulders and narrowing her eyes at him. It was a defensive stance, and he could tell she was preparing for a fight.

As much as he wanted to, he was absolutely not going to give her rules; he knew better. Even trying to lay out something like that was sure to piss her off. Letting out a long sigh, he shook his head. "Nah, I trust you. Just some...boundaries, maybe?"

"How about I tell you the boundaries I set for myself, and we can take it from there?" she offered, clearly willing to play ball. He nodded, appreciative that she was willing to compromise, and she cleared her throat. "I'm not getting anywhere near Esai. I don't want to see him, and I definitely don't want to talk to him. Not gonna mention the Sons at all to anyone. Just gonna lay low and enjoy my time with my friends. And I'll wear your reaper ring if it makes you feel better. I'll tie somethin' around it so it fits on my finger since Nessa bought us all bridesmaid necklaces. Fair?"

He relaxed at her words. That was exactly what he wanted to hear. " 's more than fair."

"Also, my mom is gonna be there since Lino's mom is her best friend, so if you don't trust me, I'm sure she'll give you a full report."

He scowled at her; it wasn't that he didn't trust her. They'd already talked this through earlier that day. He was worried Esai would do something stupid to hurt her, and if something happened to her and he wasn't there to protect her, he'd never be able to forgive himself. "I trust you, Angel. You know I do. We talked about this already. I just want you to be safe."

"I'll be fine. Just gonna dance the night away with my best friends at my brother's wedding."

There was a part of him that wanted to be there. Because of her, Lino had become one of his good friends. They played video games together and texted every so often. Lino was a good dude. He'd even invited him to the wedding despite the fact both of them knew he couldn't go. The Mayans and Sons were not on good terms, and even if he left his cut at home, the tattoos on his head would make him stand out like a sore thumb. No way could he go there undetected. "Wish I could be there."

Angela frowned, nodding in agreement. "Me too," she admitted, softly. She took another bite of her pizza as she shrugged a shoulder. " 's not like you'd be able to come. You'd have to go on this run or whatever, so I'd be going alone anyway."

Juice grimaced; it always seemed to come back to the club. She wasn't wrong, of course. If he could go to the wedding, and the club needed him to make the run to Indian Hills, he'd do it. He'd tell her he was sorry and go. "You don't know that," he tried, though they both knew it was the truth.

"Don't I?" she shot back on a smirk.

There was a challenge in her words. One he wasn't ready to accept head on just yet. This was a fight that'd been brewing for months now, and he knew once it bubbled to the surface, it was going to be bad for both of them. "Where's the wedding anyway?" he asked to change the subject.

"A nice hotel in Berkeley. Same one they all have their quinces in and shit. We've all been there millions of times."

It took him a minute before it clicked. Once in New York, they'd all been drinking too much, and Raj had shared a very embarrassing story about the night he'd lost his virginity. Angela had then shared hers. Which had been at a hotel. During a quinceanera. She was going to be with Esai again at the same hotel they'd first slept together. "The same hotel you and the Mayan..."

Angela's brows furrowed together before her eyes widened as she made the connection too. That took a bit of his nerves away when he realized she hadn't put two and two together initially. "Oh...yeah. Guess so. It doesn't mean anything."

"Not to you, but he was very clear how much it means to him," he pointed out. "Think he said he'd get you back 'cause he was the first one inside of you?"

"And just like you said, you were the last. Like ten minutes ago. It isn't a big deal, Juice. I am more than capable of not reliving old memories."

Juice sighed, shaking his head. He hated everything about the wedding except the fact Lino was getting married to Vanessa. "I don't like it."

"I know," she replied, taking a swig of her beer before setting it down. She moved towards him and slid her arms around his waist, leaning into his chest, her head against his shoulder. "I love you."

His heart skipped a beat at those three little words. He smoothed a hand over her soft hair, tangling his fingers in it to scratch at her scalp. "I love you too, but I still don't like it."

She tilted her head back to look up at him. "You don't have to like it. Just tell me you trust me enough not to sleep with my abusive ex-boyfriend who murdered my other boyfriend just because we happen to be at the same hotel where we slept together for the first time."

"Well, when you put it like that," he said, tucking a stray hair behind her ear. He couldn't believe she'd put up with Esai as long as she had in her youth. How long she'd stuck by the asshole when she'd come back from New York. She'd deserved so much better. He hoped he could give her so much more. He leaned in to kiss her forehead. "I just don't want to lose you, Angel."

Angela's small smile warmed his heart. "Not gonna happen, baby. I'm yours. No amount of nostalgia is gonna change that. Don't doubt yourself, it's unattractive."

He smirked at the last part; he knew it was something she and Kozik said to one each other often when the other one was feeling down. It wasn't meant to offend or make him think he was unattractive. On the contrary, it reminded him that she was attracted to him. That she loved him enough to try to lift him up, remind him he had no need to doubt himself, to doubt their relationship. He loved her for that. "Can't have that."

"Don't worry, you're very, very attractive," she stated, standing on her toes to connect their lips in a sweet kiss. "Just gotta have more confidence, Ortiz."

Juice grinned at her, moving his hands to the sides of her face and giving her a long hot kiss. " 'm confident I can knock your socks off 'fore I gotta go," he said, grabbing her thighs just under her ass and lifting her off the ground.

She squealed in surprise, moving her arms around his neck as he carried her once again towards their bedroom. Once inside, he tossed her onto the bed, laughing along with her as she bounced on it. He climbed over her, holding himself above her. Her dark eyes sparkled as she stared up at him, her hand reaching for his face to squeeze his cheeks between her thumb and pointer finger. "God, you're cute," she told him, lifting up to kiss him sweetly.

He moved his head away from her grip, scowling in mock offense. "Who you callin' cute?" he asked, nuzzling his face into her neck and blowing a loud raspberry into her skin.

She shrieked with laughter, her hand coming up to rest on the back of his head. He loved the sound of her laugh. Loved that he could be silly with her and make her laugh. He swallowed her laughter with a kiss, searing this memory into his brain and wishing he could stay in it forever. It was short-lived though because his phone went off.

Her laughter faded as he rolled off of her and onto the bed beside her. Angela sighed, moving to face him on her side. "Need help getting your bag together?"

For some reason, he loved the idea of her packing his bag for him. He'd never had anyone help him with that kind of thing before. It felt oddly intimate to think of her choosing his clothes and packing them. Still, he was an adult, he could do it himself. "You don't have to do that."

She rolled her eyes, pushing off the bed and heading towards their drawers. "Go get your bag," she instructed, taking a stack of his neatly folded boxer briefs out of the drawer and stacking them on the bed.

He dutifully went to get his run backpack and flipped it open. At the very bottom, he could see a flash of neon yellow; a pair of her panties he'd stolen before his last run. She grabbed the bag from him before he could take them out. Sticking her hand inside, she pulled out the yellow underwear, hanging them from her finger, a smirk on her face. "Those are yours, I swear," he said quickly.

"Oh, I know. I've been looking for them," she stated, setting the panties to the side and putting the bag on the end of the bed beside the neat stack of his clothes she'd already taken out of his drawers. She'd obviously seen him do this too many times, and it seemed she knew exactly what he needed. "Just like I know you have the pair I was wearing earlier in your pocket."

His cheeks grew hot at the accusation; she was right, of course. They were with another one he'd taken off her earlier that week. "I don't know what you're talking about."

She snorted, shaking her head at him. "You keep stealin' my panties, and I'm not gonna have any left. Gonna have to start wearing my bathing suit bottoms."

"I'll buy you more," he answered, moving behind her and sliding his arms around her waist. "So many more. Go broke buying you panties."

Angela leaned back into him, shaking her head as she neatly tucked a stack of his clothes in his bag. "How 'bout we just...rotate them or somethin'? You're gonna run out of places to store 'em eventually. That or you're gonna put them somewhere too obvious, and Hap's gonna find them," she stated, tucking several rolled up socks next. He was really picky about how his bag was packed, hating when hit was lumpy when he was on the bike. To his surprise, she seemed to have the order down.

"Nah, they're well-hidden. Promise," he murmured, nuzzling her neck with his nose just over the mark he'd left earlier. "You're good at packing."

She snorted, and he knew she was rolling her eyes at him. "I've only watched you do this about a million times. You used to pack your laundry bag the same way."

"Just how long have you been watchin' me for?" he asked, surprised when she shrugged instead of answered. He nipped at her neck, harder than he had before. She hissed, elbowing him gently to get him off of her. He played like she'd seriously wounded him, clutching his side as he fell to the bed. "C'mon, baby, how long?"

Her cheeks had turned pink as she stared down into the bag. "Probably since we met," she admitted softly.

His heart did that weird clenching thing it did every time he thought back on their past and all the time they'd wasted being apart. They could've had a lot of fun in New York as a couple. Hell, she'd probably have been able to keep him from getting in so deep with the mob. He had no doubt, he'd have followed her to California after she'd finished school if that was what she wanted...and then he'd end up prospecting, no doubt. "I've been watchin' you too, y'know," he said on a smirk. "Know all of your weird little quirks and shit."

She raised an eyebrow at him. "Weird quirks?"

"Yeah. Like that you do the cutest little shimmy when you eat something delicious or how you twist your ring around your finger when you're nervous. You also ramble when you're anxious or excited about something, which I love 'cause I feel like I get a sneak peek into your brain," he explained, studying her face as her cheeks started to get redder. "You're literally the friendliest person but you've got a resting bitch face that's intimidating as hell, except when you smile...it's like you giveaway your secret and all of a sudden everyone wants to be your friend."

Angela scoffed at that, though he could see a hint of a smile starting to form. "Fuckin' cheesehead."

"What I love most about you though," he pressed on, wanting to make her smile more, "is how your friends become family and you love your family. You'll do anything for them. Like giving away your car, giving up all the money you have, and offering them a place to stay at your family's house on the other side of the country just to make sure they're safe."

She was full on blushing now with the sweetest smile on her face. "I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat."

He smiled a little, tilting his head to the side as he asked, "Would you come with me?"

Angela hesitated for a minute. Her loyalty to Raj was deep, and he knew it was why she was wrestling with the answer. "Think if you asked me to, I would've considered it. I would've told Raj, and he would've let me go because he trusted me. But I also might not have gone because, at that moment, I didn't trust myself with you," she said, rambling just a little bit. "It's the whole reason I didn't come to California by myself to visit that Christmas. I loved Raj, but it also hit me hard that night that the feelings I had for you were still there. After you left, everything kind of...spiraled out of control, and there was this insane pull inside me to come home that was never there before. Kept telling myself it was because I was alone a lot since you were gone and Raj was so busy, but I think there was more to it than that because the second I got home that Christmas and saw you...that feeling was gone, and I felt...happy and whole and...I didn't want to go back. Raj told me I could stay, but I didn't trust myself to stay there alone with you. And that day I left, when we fought, and you told me you didn't want to lose me, there was this moment where I swore if you said you loved me that I would stay. I would break up with Raj, finish up school, and come home to you."

Juice stared at her with wide eyes. Angela had this way of catching him completely off guard when she talked about the past. She'd said before she'd had feelings for him for a long time, but he'd never even caught a glimpse of them in New York. Had no idea just a few words could've changed everything. He knew the exact moment she was talking about too. She'd told him she wanted space, and he'd said he didn't. That he didn't want to lose her, and then, he'd almost said it. Had almost said those three little words, but he got scared. Instead, he told her she was his best friend, and that he needed her. He remembered she'd looked disappointed, but he hadn't been able to figure out why. Then she'd stopped talking to him. He didn't hear from her for weeks. Not until after Raj died. "Almost did say it. Was what I was feelin'," he told her, holding her gaze. "Can't count how many times I almost said it to you. How many times I wanted to kiss you...how many times I almost did. Didn't just 'cause I didn't want to ruin our friendship. Know you don't do cheating."

"No, I definitely don't," she replied, tucking a stack of his pants into the backpack. "I appreciate that. Think I would've freaked."

He stood, going to the bathroom to grab his toiletry bag. "I know. 's why I never did it," he explained, tugging the bag away from her to finish packing it. She sat own beside it, and he leaned over to kiss her softly, stroking a thumb over her cheek. He pulled away, kissing her forehead softly, letting his lips linger there as he murmured, "Worth the wait."

His phone went off, and he sighed, pulling away from her to close his bag. He checked his phone to see a text from Tig telling him to get to the clubhouse. He moved towards the bureau and tucked a gun into his holster. She was twisting at her ring, frowning at him. "You'll be okay?"

"Yeah, 'course. 's not a dangerous run. Just moving shit from one spot to another," he told her honestly. He slung his backpack over his shoulder, leaning over to kiss her before heading towards the front door.

She followed him slowly, stopping him at the threshold. Her dark eyes followed his every moment as he shrugged on his holster and cut before leaning over to put on his puts. Once he was standing, she tugged on the front of his cut lovingly. "Come home to me, Ortiz."

He leaned in, taking her face in his hands and giving her one, long kiss. "Always do."

~'~'~'~

Angela was sound asleep, curled around Juice's pillow when the shrill sound of her phone woke her up with a start. She reached out to her bedside table, blindly feeling around for it. Opening one eye, she saw it was Juice calling and hit the answer key. "Hey you," she murmured sleepily. "You okay?"

"Yeah," he said on a quick breath. "Just drivin'. Thought I'd call you to see what you were up to."

She glanced at the time on the phone. "It's one in the morning and you're not here, what could I possibly be doin'?" she mumbled sleepily. It was strange for him to call her while he was on a run, especially if he was driving. She could hear the faint sound of the radio playing, an open window. "What's goin' on, goof? Tig not with you?"

"He's here, he's just...asleep, and I got an hour to go," he explained, something in his tone telling her there was more to it than just Tig sleeping. "Figured I'd call so you could keep me entertained."

"Uh-huh," she murmured, not really buying it. "Somethin' happen with you and Tig?"

Juice hesitated for a minute. "You uh...you know what happens when you give crank to a Doberman?"

"I'd think it'd go crazy. Why?"

"Okay, but wouldn't you think with like a lot of it, it'd be knocked out or OD or something?"

That woke her up considerably. She rolled onto her back trying to wrack her brain for why he would ask her such a weird question. "Juan Carlos Ortiz, are you telling me you fed crank to a dog? Was that what the steak in the fridge was for?"

There was a long pause before he finally said, "Maybe...which may or may not have led to Tig gettin' his ass bit."

She burst into laughter, she couldn't help it. The idea of a Doberman hopped up on a crank chasing after Juice and Tig had her rolling. She was just glad it was Tig that was injured, not her man. "Are you serious?"

"Stop laughin' 'n' hear me out," he started, and she stuck her knuckle in her mouth to fight off a giggle. "I thought it would like OD or somethin'! I didn't think it would go crazy!"

"It's an upper, baby. 'course it went psycho. You'd a been better off givin' him some of Tig's diaper vitamins," she said, still smiling. She heard him curse, and she chuckled. "Didn't even think of it, did you?"

"No, no, I didn't," he said on a laugh. "And now Tig got his ass bit, and he was already pissy about missin' some party, and now he won't talk to me, so I gotta keep myself awake somehow."

Angela sighed softly, turning onto her side again so the phone was between her ear and the pillow. "Glad you called me," she replied, fighting a yawn. "Talk to me, goof. Tell me a story."

His rough chuckle sent shivers down her spine before he launched into the story about how he gone on the run a little excited to bond with Tig but ended up accidentally getting his ass bit. He was pretty sure that was a bond that wasn't going to get deeper any time soon. They talked for hours after that about absolutely nothing and everything like they usually did. Planning trips they'd never take and making plans about buying ranches and jets and mansions they'd never be able to afford. She didn't mind the fantasies. In fact, she loved it because all of his fantasies and dreams included her.

She heard Tig groan in the background. "That Angie?" he asked before she heard a brief scuffle. No doubt Tig snatching the phone from him. "Hey doll. Idiot tell you what he put me through?"

"Uh-huh. How's your ass feelin'?"

"Like hell. Do me a favor, when he gets home, bite his ass for me all right?" he asked, on a snicker. "Good and hard."

Angela couldn't help but laugh when she heard Juice exclaim in protest. "Will do, Tigger. Think you can keep him awake for the rest of your trip for me?"

"Only for you, doll."

She heard another commotion before Juice came back on the phone. "I'll call you when we get there, baby," he said on a soft sigh. "I love you."

She heard Tig mocking him in the background and laughed. "Love you too, goofy. Stay safe out there."

Hanging up the phone, she couldn't fight the smile that spread across her face. She went to sleep feeling like an excited little school girl, her heart still fluttering in her stomach after hearing him say those three little words. She was a lucky girl, and she couldn't wait for him to get home so she could bite his cute little bubble butt just like she'd promised.

~'~'~'~

So much fluff and cheesiness, and I know it's a long one, but I couldn't help adding the ending with the dog. ;)
Let me know what you think!!
💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.7K 1.6K 32
[Completed. Words: 45.159] While Juice tries to find his angle around the Sons of Anarchy, he fears to have blown his chances to become a full patche...
53.9K 2.5K 70
Juice Ortiz and Angela Ruiz met by chance one night in Central Park. Over the years, their friendship grew stronger and stronger until a twist of fat...
friendzoned By Jacquelyn

General Fiction

2.5K 131 31
Valentina starts to like her brothers friend felix but does he feel the same? will she be stuck in the friend zone? and what will happen when a new p...
78.8K 3.7K 26
Sequel to More Than Just Roommates!! **Completed** It's been ten years since the four boys first got together, and a lot has changed. They've gotten...