𝐷𝐸𝑉𝐼𝐿'𝑠 𝐿𝑢𝑙𝑙𝑎𝑏𝑦》...

By _ZESTALICIOUS_

╰⋯➤"Mᴀʏʙᴇ ᴀ ʀᴇᴍᴀᴛᴄʜ? Lᴇᴛ's sᴇᴇ ɪғ I ᴄᴀɴ ᴡɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴠɪL's ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴛʜɪs ᴛɪᴍᴇ." "Devils don't... More

Prologue// Characters
Chapter 1: The devil's Daughter
Chapter 2: Makima
Chapter 3: Power! Power!
Chapter 4: Snowflake
Chapter 5: Kisses and Bandages
Chapter 6: Bloodlust
Chapter 7: Endless 8th floor
Chapter 8: The eternity Devil!
Chapter 9: CHAINSAW and FROST
Chapter 10- Himeno
°✦『BOMB DEVIL』✦° Arc: 2
Chapter: 12- Nicotine
Chapter:13- The Disguised Devil
Chapter: 14- School and Café
Chapter: 15- Contract By Blood
Chapter: 16- OCTOPUS and FROST
Chapter: 17- BOOM!
Chapter: 18- Explosion and a Snowstorm
Chapter: 19- Country Mouse
°✦『Hell Devil』✦° Arc: 3
Chapter: 21- The Assassin on a date
Chapter: 22- Dreamer Boy
Chapter: 23- Santa Claus
Chapter: 24- Wings of a Devil
Chapter:25- Darkness
Chapter:26- Hearts and dolls
°✦『Control Devil』✦° Arc: 4
Chapter: 28- Tease
Chapter: 29- Men and Make outs
Chapter: 30- At my grave
Chapter: 32- Those smiling Lips
Chapter: 33- A Flower Shop
Chapter 34: Future
Chapter: 35- An Imposter
Chapter: 36- Love and Lies

Chapter: 31- Say, Snow...

1.8K 102 28
By _ZESTALICIOUS_

"THE DARKNESS DEVIL'S THERE!"

"HE'S STALKING ME!"

_____

'So Denji, why didn't you go with Makima?'

'Why didn't I? I... don't know...'

DEVIL'S LULLABY // Chapter: 31

Say, Snow...

___________

Upon the word of her recovery, Frost was called back to the division four of the devil hunters. She thanked Yoshida for letting her stay until she recovered and went back to the Hayakawa residence.

"Ah- It's Snow! She's back!" Denji said as he opened the door for Frost. "How's your head doing Denji?" Frost smiled as she closed the door behind her. Aki peeped from the kitchen, "Hey! Welcome back!" He said as Power came from behind, running in a hurry. She instantly jumped towards Frost, giving her the biggest hug she could. She wrapped her legs around her waist and squished Frost's head into her chest. "P-power- I can't breathe-" Frost said as Power only hugged her tighter, rubbing her cheek onto her head. 

"Oh well, might as well me too." Denji said and smirked, as he too ran towards Frost, hugging her ever so tightly. "We missed you!" He smiled against her skin as he felt the familiar warmth on is face.

"I can't breathe-"

Frost said while pulling Denji away with one hand and just while she was about to pull Power away, she stopped. "Power?" The girl was shaking, of fear and tears. She was holding onto Frost, as if something would tear her apart is she were to let go. Her shivering hands were growing cold as her body shook from an anonymous terror. Something was haunting her. 

Frost slowly picked Power up and hugged her back, giving her any comfort she needed. She carried Power to the table where they all always sat and ate. "She's crying again..." Aki said, while stepping forward. His full shirt swayed an empty space, one of his arms was missing. Frost frowned at the sight, human life was fragile, what was lost, could never be returned.

"She's been like this... she always cries about the darkness devil haunting her." Aki said as he sat beside Frost. "She's been crying all night... I couldn't even sleep." Denji said. 

"Darkness Devil? But we killed it right?" Frost said.

"There must've been some fragments, or maybe she's just tormented by the sight of Hell..." Aki said. Frost felt Power hugging her tighter upon hearing those words. 

"He's haunting me! It's killing me! It's gonna find me!" 

"Oh well... I leave her to you..." Aki said as he stood up and went to the kitchen. The night passed, Power wouldn't eat anything, but still, Frost made sure to stay by her side. The four slept in the same futon, because Power would start screaming at night. Denji was sleepy, but the fact that he had to look after Power, kept him awake. "Go to sleep Denji." Frost whispered lightly. Denji looked at her with a worried expression, "But..." 

"It's alright, I'll keep watch." She said as Denji sighed, "Then make sure you get Aki to work." Denji said and snuck inside his blanket. Frost smiled and looked at Power, she was sweating, yet she held onto Frost's hand tightly. It was as if she depended on her, as if the poor girl would shatter the moment Frost let go. 

"Mmm..." Power mumbled. An alert struck Frost's nerves, "Yes? Power...?" She leaned closer to the girl as her soft hair fell atop Power's chest. Power started moaning in her sleep, which soon turned to muffled shouts. She twisted and turned in an uncanny pain. 

"Power?"

Power held onto Frost, pulling her into a hug. She couldn't seem to wake up, "Help me..." She cried. Her face worn in an expression of horror, contradictory of her usual happy face. She looked so tragic and so sad, it clenched Frost's heart. 

Something might've actually been haunting Power.

"Power, wake up..." Frost tapped Power's face. She shifted as if she was being dragged out, or rather, pulled apart. Denji shifted due to the noise. Frost quickly picked Power up and took he to the bedroom, laying her down on the single bed that Aki kept for Frost. "Power, wake up..." 

Power shot up the bed with a jolt, she was huffing, holding back her tears. Nobody was there for her when she was being consumed by the darkness. She looked at Frost, her huffing face shined a blue hue from the moon's dazzle. Her soft pink hair brushed against her face as she jumped towards Frost, hugging her tight. Her voice tore between her sobs as she pressed Frost closer. 

"I'm scared... I'm scared..."

She sobbed, her warm tears damped Frost's chest as she hugged her back tighter. "It's okay... I'll chase that devil away..." 

"He's stalking me... He's going to kill me..."

"He won't... not on my watch."

Power looked up at her as Frost stroked her head. "I promise, I'll keep you safe. So stay calm." She smiled at the girl holding onto her in fright. Power's face was so red and so frightened. Nothing like her usual jolly side, and it hurt Frost. 

"I love seeing you happy and carefree Power... so please, stay that way." Power's eyes widened at her words, her lips grew agape and her grip loosened a bit. Her eyes stared right into Frost's, her face suddenly grew red as she felt a thump against her chest.  Frost's soft eyes spoke to her, calming her down. 

"You..." Power looked at Frost's chest and then dug her face into her chest, "You really do have a heart." She gave her  a big bright grin, blushing along the way. 

Frost looked somewhat shocked, but then she hugged Power back again, "Yes... I do." She smiled at her before kissing the top of her head. Frost could feel that warmth against her chest, that sweet warmth of being loved. She asked for nothing else. 'I'm content with this... with everyone I love here by my side. I want nothing else.'

"Say, Snow..." Power said as she slowly motioned Frost to sleep with her.

"You love me, right?" She said while looking at Frost. Power's damp eyelashes and red cheeks shined the silver hue of the night. Frost stared at her eyes as she smiled, she slowly touched her cheek, using her thumb to wipe the tears from her damp eyes.

"More than you know, Power."

She said and bent down to kiss her forehead. "Now, shall I sleep here with you?" Frost spoke in a soft tone as Power held onto her hand. She nodded in response, shifting to the corner to make space for Frost. Power hugged Frost to sleep, while Frost stroked Power's back, smiling against her tranquil warmth. 'Don't ever change... Power.'

 A sigh escaped Aki's mouth as he stood by the room's door with Denji, smiling in relief. "Guess we don't need to go in to calm Power." Denji spoke softly with a smile as Aki nodded.

"Well, looks like I get to sleep peacefully today." Aki whispered and walked to the quilt on the floor to sleep.

TO BE CONTINUED---

Next Time:
- Power and Frost go out on a date!
- "I want... to leave the Devil hunters..." Aki said after you told him everything about your father. He then looked at you as you agreed with him.

- "Let's open a Flower shop, where you used to live." Aki said as Denji butted in, "Sounds pretty cool, I could totally work with that!"

A/N:
- I'm sorry I disappeared for so long guys... well anyways, here's a little something. I'll be posting an extra chapter next!

- Love, Zest.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 5.8K 40
𝘚𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮, 𝘐 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘦. 𝘚𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘦. 𝘎𝘪𝘨𝘨𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘭𝘢𝘶𝘨...
288 22 3
─────𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗩𝗘𝗡 𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗞𝗘. [👁️] ❝ who are you? ❞ ❝ 𝘢 𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘭 . . . ❞ ❝ what's your...
16.4K 434 28
𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘢 𝘋𝘦𝘷𝘪𝘭 𝘏𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘢𝘴 𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘺, 𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘴: 𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘨𝘦. 𝘏𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘷𝘦...
16.2K 1.1K 61
two loser girls finding their place on the moral compass. asa mitaka x female reader fanfic :3 [PART 2 IN PROGRESS] STARTED: May 9th, 2023 ENDED: Ja...