HIDDEN | prince caspian

By Icouldntthink0faname

"No, no I mean. You're Narnian's?" Caspian stated, looking at the three occupying the room. "No way, didn't k... More

HIDDEN
part one
001.
002.
003.
004.
005.
006.
007.
008.
009.
010.
012.
013.

011.

764 28 0
By Icouldntthink0faname

ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏɴᴇ : ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴇʟᴍᴀʀɪɴᴇ ʙᴀᴛᴛʟᴇ

Arriving back at base, Lynetta could hear the sounds of clashing swords. She was yet to hear a cry of pain, giving her the feeling that neither side was winning nor loosing. Lynetta was unsure if that was a comfort or not.

Caspian pulled the horse to a stop. First, he got himself off the horse and then turned to Lynetta to help her down. He held out a hand, which she grasped and then jumped off the horse. A hand wrapped around her waist, to steady her.

"Lynetta." Susan shouted. She ran over to the girl with worry adorning her face. "Where's Lucy?" After a quick explanation of what occurred, Susan's mind was settled as she was told her sister was okay.

Turning back to the fight, Lynetta could see Peter stood in the makeshift area. Peter had earned himself a few jabs to his side, but he didn't hesitate to return the favour to Miraz. They'd both fallen down multiple times, the fight staying even, until Peter managed to get the upper hand. He tripped the false king and he fell to his knees, a swift hit from Peter and all of the hiding would be over.

Yet no move cam from Peter. In fact, Peter lowered his sword. "Now is not the time for chivalry Peter!" Edmund shouted. "Show no mercy." Another called. The crowd was beginning to get agitated but it didn't defer Peter's intentions.

He turned back to look at Caspian, and the King decided to gather himself off the floor and attack the young boy. Miraz aimed his sword at the high king, a jab he was so easily able to dodge. Peter swiftly sent the man down to his knees, back onto the concrete floor. Peter took a few heavy breaths, regaining his strength, before he turned to Caspian.

Many had caught onto Peter's plan, and so had Caspian as he met Peter half way taking the sword from Peter's grasp. Caspian stood in front of his uncle, his back to Lynetta. Miraz uttered a few words, words she could not hear but could tell were unkind due to the sneer on Miraz's face.

Caspian lifted his sword and jammed it into the concrete slabs, missing the man completely. Lynetta had so desperetly wanted to see the old man fall, yet understood Caspian's decision. She herself had stood in that position too and she respected Caspian for his noble choice.

However, one of Miraz's men couldn't stick to the word of the duel. Lynetta had expected it from them but was annoyed still none the less. An arrow was stabbed into Miraz's chest, an arrow blamed upon the Narnian's. Therefore proving the fight to be nothing but useless as the war continued on.

"Treachery!" The man shouted. "They shot him, they murdered our king!" Lynetta was shocked, she had always known Telmarine's to be selfish yet she didn't understand how one could take their own kings life for a battle they are not promised to win.

Everything had occurred so fast, everything was riding upon this battle.

∘°∘♡∘°∘∘°∘♡∘°∘

The Telmarine's rushed forwards, preparing for battle. The group stood in the archway, they had prepared for this (none of them fully trusted the Telmarine's). The Telmarine's had much more advanced weaponry than the Narnian's, that much was obvious when large boulders came raining down upon the How.

It was then Lynetta realised Peter was right, the How was a tomb not a fortress. And Lynetta decided that it was her responsibility to try and stop that. The slingshots were the issue, without them they stood a much better chance at winning.

As everyone focused on the fight, counting down to when the surface of the field should fall in, Lynetta ran. She manoeuvred herself to the treeline of the forest. The tree's kept her covered, hidden away from Telmarine eyes. As she ran, she could hear the sound of falling rock, meaning the battle had officially begun.

Lynetta didn't let the noise sway her, instead keeping her focus on reaching the slingshots quicker.

Once she was in line with them, she allowed herself to catch her breath. She could see how each one operated, and each weakness. Generally each had around three or more soldiers working on it. Lynetta knew her limits and while she would love to say she could take them all on, she doubted she could.

Instead she would have to take a more sneaky approach, one she hadn't taken in a while. Lynetta surveyed her options, finding a lost-looking soldier not too far away.

Lybetta grasped a stone nearby and launched it at the soldier. He looked around, disoriented. He watched the tree line, getting hit yet again by a rock. Having had enough, the boy waking into the woods - hoping to find his attacker. Jumping up from behind him, Lynetta knocked him out (not killing him).

She grabbed his helmet and shirt and wore it herself, hoping to blend into the crowd more. She walked confidently, hoping to not be noticed which went well as nobody turned to look at her.

Once she passed the first slingshot, she slowed her pace. She looked at the wooden beams of the slingshot and willed them on fire, the beams doing as she wished for they burst into flames. Regaining her pace, Lynetta broke off into a fast walk. As she reached the second sling shot, she mirrored what she had done earlier, this one too bursting into flames.

Lynetta swiftly reached the third and moved to set fire to the slingshot, but was stopped as the soldiers finally caught onto her presence. "Over there!" One of the soldiers shouted, making many of the aware of her. Around five soldiers ran towards her, Lynetta's eyes widening.

While Lynetta could push them away, she had to save that energy to turn the last slingshot to flames. So, she ran.

Lynetta had never ran so fast before, she felt her legs burn in pain yet willed herself to continue on. Once she was close enough, she willed the fire to travel and it did. Successfully, all of the Slingshots were set alight.

She basked in her win for the moment, only to realise where she was and spring back into action. She met one of the soldiers blades with her own, the ring of the swords ricocheted throughout her ears.

She pulled away only to meet a second soldier, having to manoeuvre herself where she could see both at once. Clearly, they underestimated her as one of the soldiers let down his guard to chuckle to his friends, Lynetta taking this as the perfect moment to swing down her sword upon the gap in his armour by his neck.

The other soldier was shocked back into movement, swing his sword around ferociously. In a quick moment, Lynetta lost her footing allowing the man to get a hit in her face with the hilt of his sword.

Black spots spun in her vision, making her hits lazy and miscalculated. The man made another hit upon her, this time slicing down her leg. The seering pain brought Lynetta's mind back, and with one aimed hit the man came tumbling down by his friend.

Lynetta's aim was to now get back to where the Narnian's stood, most of them on the far side of the field by Aslan's How.

Lynetta readied herself, preparing for whoever she may face on her way back. Yet, she didn't have to. Lynetta gawked in awe as the trees came to life.

The tree's roots picked up the soldiers, crushing them. In shock, the Telmarine's retreated back towards the river.

"For Aslan!" Peter cried, as the rushed back into battle their spirits all lifted. They watched as the soldiers all ran back towards Beruna.

Lynetta ran too, joining along with Peter and Caspian, with a slight limp. "Where have you been?" Caspian question the girl.

"Those slingshots didn't light on fire themselves, did they?" Lynetta held a smirk, the return of Aslan lifted her spirits as much as everyone else's.

They ran until they were stopped, seeing Lucy and Aslan on the other side of the river. With Aslan's roar, the river formed a human shape pulling Telmarine's off their horse and into the water. The soldiers left, scampered away noticing their defeat.

Lynetta beamed, it had been many years spent dreaming of this day. A day where Narnian's could roam free, without the fear of death.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

458K 9.8K 62
"Ed, if you don't shut up-" There was a smile of amusement on her face. "Yeah, what are you gonna do about it?" Her eyebrows drew in and there was a...
109K 4.5K 22
James Pevensie loved fiction, so when his youngest sibling claimed to have found a new world, it was no surprise that he was taken to it. Only when i...
323K 16K 30
"And what are you? Some school boy?" "And you? A spoiled brat?" Prince Caspian X Male Oc Narnia.
49.5K 1.1K 11
Y/n, Edmund, and the other Pevensie siblings haven't been to Narnia in awhile. And they all miss it. They miss the adventure, the creatures. Everythi...