010.

ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏɴᴇ : ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏᴏᴅ

ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Lucy and Lynetta were now preparing for the ride into the woods

Lucy and Lynetta were now preparing for the ride into the woods. Lynetta had her sword in her scabbard and several daggers hidden throughout. She thought it absolutely necessary, in case of an emergency.

She helped Lucy clamber onto the dark horse, before trying to pull herself up. "Here let me help." Caspian came over, he grabbed her waist and pushed Lynetta up onto the horse. Lynetta could easily climb up onto the horse, but Caspian had offered - and if she were truly honest she liked the feeling of his hands on her.

"Destrier has always served me well. You are in good hands."

"Or hooves." Lucy joked, making everyone chuckle.

Caspian leaned down to make sure the saddle was on tight enough, before standing back up and meeting Lynetta's eyes. Lynetta was completely oblivious to the way she felt for the prince. He made her stomach all giddy, but she blamed that on what she ate for lunch.

But Caspian, he knew he liked the girl. He could stare into her eyes all day. Which he did in that moment, until Lucy cleared her throat and Caspian drew his eyes away with a blush.

"Be careful." Caspian said to them. "And good luck." The girls thanked him, before they rode off into the wood.

∘°∘♡∘°∘∘°∘♡∘°∘

"So..." Lucy began. "You and Caspian?" Lynetta chuckled at the girl's confidence.

"Whatever do you mean?" She asked the younger girl with a smile. "I mean, it's so obvious that he likes you. Do you like him too?"

Lynetta shook her head. The girl went to reply to Lucy when she heard a twig snap. "Helloooo?" Lucy spoke, intrigued as to what Lynetta would say. But the girl shushed her, immediately Lucy recognised something was wrong.

They both strained their ears and could hear the sound of hooves. They were loud and quick, alerting the girls as to how close they were. She shook the reigns of the horse and Drestier sped up.

Lynetta took a look back to see six men, each on their own horse, following them. "They've seen us." Lucy spike frantically. Lynetta only told the girl to hold on tight and sped up the horse even more.

She grabbed one of the daggers from her belt and twisted around to aim it at one of the soldiers. It imbedded itself straight into his chest, the soldier falling off his horse.

Despite hitting one of them, the other six continued chasing them. She turned and aimed at another, this time the dagger caught his shoulder. The injured soldier carried on, not letting the hit stop him.

"I'm sorry Lucy." Lynetta spoke to the girl. Lucy spun around. "What are you doing?"

"There is no way we'll out ride them, you've got to carry on alone." Lynetta smiled at the girl, hoping to comfort her. "Take the reigns and find Aslan." Lucy received the reigns off of the girl. Lynetta slid off the horse and aimed at another one of the soldiers.

This one hit him the same soldier from earlier in the abdomen, making him fall backwards. He was no longer a hassle.

Lynetta couldn't hear the hooves of Lucy's horse anymore - meaning she had continued on, putting  Lynetta's mind at ease. The distraction had left enough time for a soldier to swing his sword at her, barely giving her enough time to duck. The man jumped off his horse, to fight the girl on foot.

This gave Lynetta the time to unsheathe her own sword and meet his in the middle. The man was strong, but he was slow. Quickly, the girl adopted a more offensive attack and he gaining the defensive style. The man was quickly loosing power. With a sly quick kick to his shins, the man fell to the ground receiving the pommel of her sword to his head.

As quickly as she had finished him off the next one came in. She had managed to defeat three of the soldiers but the last decided to work together. All three of them cornered Lybetta against a tree.

Lynetta looked up in shock, she had nowhere to go. "You're not too bad." One said. "But not a war chief." One of the three scoffed.

"Isn't she the fairy?" He asked his fellow soldiers. "Let's find out." Lynetta let out a cry. To which Caspian responded, driving his sword through one of the soldiers. Lynetta quickly found herself and pulled out yet another hidden dagger, catching one of the distracted soldiers in the neck while Caspian finished the other.

Lynetta lent down a received her daggers from out of the soldiers, Caspian watching as she did so. "You aren't a bad fighter, you know?" Lynetta scoffed.

"I'd hope I was pretty good, practically raised for this." She spoke. As she turned to face the prince, she hadn't expected him to be so close. Her meeting him centimetres apart.

Caspian reached up a hand to Lynetta, letting it lay on her cheek. They were stood so close, Lynetta could've easily leant in for a kiss. The idea made her look down at the boys lips, before returning her gaze to his eyes. She found him already staring at her.

The pad of Caspian's thumb swiped against Lynetta's skin. She resisted the urge to shiver. "You had blood on your cheek." He spoke in a low whisper, sending butterflies straight to Lynetta's stomach.

Her cheeks flushed red and she stepped away to conceal them. "Let's leave, before anymore soldiers come after us." Caspian nodded and walked to retrieve his horse.

" Caspian nodded and walked to retrieve his horse