Hourglass [Quintessential Qui...

By Kiriyarin_

Each of them has their own stories, their own choices. A lot of new characters, new choices and new events, t... More

Chapter 1 - White Memory
Chapter 2 - The Beyond
Chapter 3 - Trouble Divided Into Five
Chapter 4 - Butterfly Effect
Chapter 5 - Stars Collide
Chapter 6 - Reflection
Chapter 7 - Encounter
Chapter 8 - All Sides
Chapter 9 - Trickster (Ⅰ)
Chapter 10 - Trickster (Ⅱ)
Chapter 11 - Preliminary
Valentine Special - Foudre
Chapter 12 - Ignite
Chapter 13 - Crisis Management
Chapter 14 - Siren's Song
Chapter 15 - Promise
Chapter 16 - Echoes of Betrayal
Chapter 17 - Confession and the Charming Maid (Ⅰ)
Chapter 18 - Emotions and the Forgiven Maid (Ⅱ)
Chapter 20 - Cast Away (Ⅳ)
Interlude Chapter - Friends All Over the World
Chapter 21 - Queen of Hearts (Ⅴ)
Chapter 22 - New Beginnings ( Ⅵ )
Chapter 23 - Someday in the Rain
Chapter 24 - Make a Spell
Chapter 25 - Darkness Falls, a Star Is Born
Chapter 26 - Calamity Fortune
Chapter 27 - Tales of Snow
Chapter 28 - The Melancholy of Nakano Nino
Chapter 29 - Lost & Found
Chapter 30 - Break a Spell (Ⅰ)
Chapter 31 - Break a Spell (ⅠⅠ)
Chapter 32 - Connection
Chapter 33 - Operation: True Love
Chapter 34 - A Few Mistakes Ago
Chapter 35 - Dandelions
Chapter 36 - Heartstrings
Chapter 37 - Through Rose-Colored Glasses
[Part 1 Finale] Chapter 38 - For Whom the Bells Toll
Chapter 39 - Begin the Offensive
Chapter 40 - Roll Like We Used To
Interlude Chapter - Whims of Fate (I)
Chapter 41 - The ABC's of Live
Chapter 42 - Trouble Multiplied By Five
Chapter 43 - Calliope (I)
To You, The Worthless Excuse
To You, The Absolutely Worthless Excuse
To You, Who Awaits The Snowmelt
To You, What Hidden Behind Your Eyelids

Chapter 19 - Trouble in Paradise (Ⅲ)

458 11 2
By Kiriyarin_

Fuutarou's POV:

"I'm leaving Fuutarou, Yotsuba. You two don't need to stick around for cafe anymore. Why don't you both go enjoy the festival together?"

*CRASH*

''Do you think he'll make it, Uesugi-san?''

''He's a talented person, he doesn't let anyone notice him easily. Also, nobody could possibly recognize him as a boy with a body like that, Yotsuba.''

Even with a few mishaps, Asuka dashed out of the classroom. He's not supposed to be running around in that maid outfit... So we were left in the classroom with Yotsuba and the other members of our class. I just wanted to take revenge on Asuka for that punch, but I didn't expect things to come to this point...

All of a sudden I felt a threatening aura beside me. ''Y-yotsuba...!?''

''He's prettier than the five of us as a boy. He's prettier than the five of us as a girl. What's fair about that now? Hmpf!'' Yotsuba pouted behind Asuka.

''Are you jealous?''

''Of course I am! Uesugi-san. Didn't you see those huge boobs? There are girls in the world who would kill for them!''

''A-...ahahah...'' I sweatdropped. This isn't wrong at all. Asuka's appearance genes are almost perfectly created, which should not be biologically possible. His personality...is another topic.

I turn my head to the clock. It's time for the cafe to close, we can't go any further for today. They put me in the cash register since I'm good at math, but it's weird when you see your best friend in a miniskirt all day.

However, Thanks to the new maid, our customer count has almost quadrupled. This means more money left for us if we subtract the school expenses! I'll finally be able to eat properly...Thank goodness. I know that he went to speak with her because of our conversation with Itsuki yesterday.

''By the way, Uesugi-san! You never said what you think of my new outfit!'' Yotsuba smiled and swirled around herself to show the maid dress.

''U-uh, it...uh, suits you well.'' Yotsuba looks adorable in that outfit. and just looking at her made my face turn red involuntarily.

''T-thank you...'' After my words, Yotsuba's cheeks also turned red. ''Ehehehe...''

''Nice work, everyone. It's time to stop now.''

''Ah, Hanako-chan! You seem to have fun.'' Yotsuba greeted our class representative with a wide smile as she approached us. Hanako-san is known throughout the school for being hard and honorful, but she chose to join us by dressing as a maid. It was quite enjoyable seeing her call customers ''master'' with her tight demeanor.

''...Thanks to you, Yotsuba-san. I got a little too carried away with my task...'' Hanako-san sighed deeply and looked around. ''Is Asuka gone?''

''Yes, he said he had an urgent job and left.'' I answered.

''That boy...The costume on him is custom-made, better not damage that costume.''

''He'll be fine, we've had worse.''

Hanako-san sighed again and looked at us. ''There's no need for you two to stay here anymore. You two already helped us enough. We girls can take care of the rest.''

''Are you sure Hanako-chan? Uesugi-san and I can stay here and help with the cleaning.'' Yotsuba responded with a sad expression. She probably believes that if we both leave, it will be unfair to the others.

''No, as I said before, you two did the majority of the work. Have fun; we'll join you later.

I strongly disagree that we do the most of the work; everyone has an equal right here. But Hanako is a stubborn person, and if we insist on helping, she'll work even harder to get us out. That's why she was elected class representative in the first place.

''All right, t-then we're l-leaving.'' I walked out of the classroom holding Yotsuba's arm. It's no use staying there, I'll enjoy the festival as Asuka said.

''U-uesugi-san?! Is it really a good idea to just leave them there?''

''They'll be fine, and you wanted to enjoy the festival, didn't you?''

''Right...BUT!...'' Yotsuba fell silent, unable to find anything to say. She was staring at the arm I was still holding. ''Uesugi-san...my arm...''

''A-ah! S-sorry!'' I hadn't realized that I was still holding her hand!...

The hallway looked quite busy, students were promoting their class's activities, hanging up the boards. Everything a school festival should normally be but I don't know what to do about such situations...I usually study at home, at times like these... Also this time I have Yotsuba with me, leaving her would be a bad move.

''W-what do you want to do Yotsuba?''

''I don't know Uesugi-san...It's my first cultural festival here, I don't know much about the events...hehe.'' Yotsuba scratched behind her back.

''Fuutarou, is that you?''

''Huh?...'' A voice called my name somewhere close to me. ''Saya...?''

''I see that your work is finished.''

''Is she someone you know Uesugi-san? She's quite beautiful...'' Yotsuba mumbled in jealousy.

''We met last year at a science conference. Her name is Saya, a friend of mine.'' After saying that, I turned to the girl who was calling me. I spoke to Saya yesterday, she told me she would be busy with something today, but she seems to have finished her work. ''Yes, we're just done, Saya. What about the job they gave you? Aren't you supposed to have the students here fill out a survey or something?''

''You're right Fuutarou, but luckily an angel came to my rescue!''

''A-angel...?!''

''Yes yes, an beautiful angel has just passed by! Everyone wanted to fill my survey because she was helping me with the survey. Thus, I have filled my quota for today.'' Saya shifted her gaze from me to Yotsuba, who was standing next to me. ''Is this lady your girlfriend?''

''G-girlfriend?! K-kyah...!'' Yotsuba's face turned red like a tomato before she could say anything.

''No, just a f-friend of mine. I was working at the cafe with her, but we're done for the day.''

''I see...'' Saya sighed deeply as she leaned against the wall. She appears to be in a bad mood today. Maybe it'd be better if I asked? ... But I'm not extremely talented at this...

''Saya, Why are you waiting here? Has Hayase-kun arrived yet?''

She looked back at me and pouted slightly. I hope I remembered his name correctly...

''So you remember him...Yeah, he's still not done. The cosplay event was taking longer than I thought and I finished early. I have no choice but to wait for him here.''

''Hayase...?'' Yotsuba tilted her head with a questioning aura and looked at me. ''Who is that person?''

''Saya's boyfriend. They started dating last year.'' Why make a date when you can focus on your studies?!

''That kid!... I'll make him regret making me wait here.'' Saya clenched her fists. Even I can sense the angry aura forming around her.

''A-ahahahahaha.......''

''Saya-chan, Do you know where your boyfriend is right now?'' Yotsuba said, looking at Saya with a serious expression.

''Y-yotsuba?!''

''Huh...? The cosplay event is currently running in class 2-A so he should be there right now...''

''Saya-chan, Do you love your boyfriend?''

''E-eh!!'' Saya's cheeks visibly reddened, then she began to touch her hair with her fingertips. ''I-I do...'' The redness on her cheeks grew more and more. Is this healthy?! Are we sure it's not a disease or something?!

''What do you like about him?''

''W-what do I like...Umm...'' She closed her eyes and mumbled something to herself.'' Hayase is an amazing person. He always puts me before himself, and he's also a lot of fun. If we haven't had breakfast in the mornings, he prepares breakfast for me and helps me with my lessons. When I'm in a bad mood, he always hugs me, and he's also very respectful of those around him.''

''That's why you should go and s-''

''Also almost perfect in bed~ 🖤 ''

''STOP GIVING TOO MUCH INFORMATION!'' I screamed. This isn't appropriate to say in public! This girl has the worst morals of anyone I know!

Yotsuba tries to open her mouth in shock. It was definitely an answer she didn't expect, so do I. Oh, please stop! I can't imagine such things! My male mind is against me, drive away the perverted dreams! I'm losing my focus.

*SLAP*

''U-uesugi-san?! W-why did you slap yourself?''

''For it has to be done. Keep talking Yotsuba.''

''Ehm...*cough cough* S-saya-chan...What I was trying to say was that you don't have to wait here for him. You can go and see him for yourself right now.''

''I'm not sure...What if he's too busy and doesn't have time to take care of me...'' Saya mumbled.

''Don't be silly! If he's really the kind of person you say he is, he should always make time for his girlfriend. Isn't that what it means to be a lover? You don't have to torture yourself by standing here!''

''She's right Saya. Although I don't remember much about what Hayase-kun was like, I remember that he wasn't a bad person. He definitely wants to see you right now.''

''Are you two sure?...''

''Absolutely! / Of course!''

''O-okay! I'm gonna go see him... Thank you, you two...''

''No problem! But please go and take a lesson in morals and social norms...''

Thus, Saya got up from where she was leaning and started to go towards the 2-A class where the cosplay event was held. If I remember correctly, that place was as popular as our cafe. It doesn't interest me at all as I'm not a person who watches a lot of anime. You'll have to ask Asuka about those things. He must have watched all the animes in the universe.

But after a few seconds, Saya stopped and looked at us. It was as if she wanted to say something. Please no bed memories...

''You two have a plan?'' She asked.

''Sadly, no. Before we talk to you, we were talking about what we were going to do.'' And I answered.

Saya came to us again, put her hands in her pockets and took out two pieces of paper. It looks like I've seen these papers before, but I couldn't make out what they were. Yotsuba seems surprised as well.

''Do you know the race that the third graders prepared?''

''Race race...Ah, You're talking about 3-C's couple race. Tickets were all sold out because it is a huge event.''

''A classmate of mine who works there arranged tickets for Hayase and me to attend, but I think I'd like to spend some alone time with Hayase. It's better for you two to use it than for the tickets to go to waste.''

''Saya...Thanks, but we-''

"Thanks a bunch, Saya-chan! We'll absolutely put these tickets to good use!'' Yotsuba cutted my sentence as she cheerfully smiled to Saya.

''Sayanora you two, If you see my blonde angel, say hi to her.''

Before I even realized what had happened, Saya left us and left us both with two tickets in our hands. Couple race is a running race in which lovers participate together. Since the school field is full for other activities, the run is held in the forest next to the school. The goal is to get out of the other side of the forest as soon as possible.

Which is the worst event ever for me. I'm not an athletic person, so I don't usually get into situations that require physical work. I'm more interested in polynomials and organic chemistry...

''Yotsuba, what was that now?''

''That's perfect Uesugi-san! We've found something to do, and it looks like it'll be fun. Also, heh!'' Yotsuba made a proud smile. ''I'm curious about the prize.''

Yes, the prizes change every year. In order to keep the expectations of the students high, they say the prize at the end of the race. I heard they gave two PS5 to the winning couple last year. Though I think these five already have everything they want, except a proper brain.

''I don't know...''

''Please?''

''Uhh...''

''Please, please?''

''I-...''

''Please!!!''

''AHHH! FINE! Stop making emotional abuse on me! How old are you? Four?!'' Ah! If I refuse to participate in the race, Yotsuba will pout at me all day.

''Thank you Uesugi-san! Let's go, it's almost about to start!''

Okay, so winning is not crucial. I'll just participate in the race. Whichever position I took in the race should not have mattered. There won't be many spectators, so nobody will see that I've been beaten. To win, you and your partner must cross the finish line, so even if Yotsuba reaches the finish first, she cannot win without me.

Simple plan. Become a participant and finish the race.

What can possibly go wrong?

[ Race Starting Area , 5 Minutes Later ]

I fucked up.

It's very crowded here, almost too crowded. Is it possible for a single class to form such a large organization?! There are at least 1,000 people watching this! It's a community of both parents and students. I assume everyone has come to watch the big race.... Is it too late to back out? They even had professional cameras... The crowd is screaming, as if it were an important event... Seriously, don't you all have anything else to do!? WAIT A SECOND, WAIT, WAIT! AREN'T THOSE NATIONAL NEWS ANCHORS? WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY DOING HERE?

''Y-yotsuba...''

''Ain't it awesome, Uesugi-san?! This place is crawling with people! This is the first time I'm taking part in a competition this big! Even the news channels came to film this huge event.''

''ARE YOU ALL READY TO HAVE SOME FUN EVERYONE!?''

An ear-scratching sound is emitted from the speakers throughout the entire event area. The sound is so loud that I have to cover my ears, but it doesn't take long for me to see the source of the sound either. A girl in the commentator's tent is calling out to us through the microphone. She's probably a student our age. The most interesting part is the costume she wears...

''Hey everyone! Anita Aono here, your beloved host! I'm calling you live today from Asahiyama High School's annual cultural festival! This year's cultural festival is in full swing, and one of our main events, the COUPLE RUN, is right around the corner! My costume?! FORGET IT! I had to get a lot of permission to wear this costume outdoors... but that's not the point! We are gathered here today for the traditional couple race of our high school! Ten of the strongest, fastest and most talented couples of our high school have gathered here for our surprise award!''

No way... Did they even set up a special commentator tent?! What the fuck is going on? Shouldn't this be a quiet festival...

''A-ahahaha... Uesugi-san...This girl looks very energetic, doesn't she?'' Yotsuba commented, clinging to my arm. She tried to hide it, but I could feel her trembling.

''Did all this crowd bother you Yotsuba?''

''N-no...not that. I just didn't think this whole thing was going to be this big...'' Our feelings are mutual.

''THERE ARE SOME RULES THAT I NEED TO EXPLAIN TO EVERYONE BEFORE WE START!...they forced me to say...ehem! AHAHA!

• Contestants cannot use direct physical violence against each other, but you have permission to set a trap.

• There is only one end point of the race, this is the western entrance of the forest and the end point is on the eastern side of the forest. Other forest exits will be counted as leaving the race area and will be disqualified.

• Since the forest will be constantly monitored by cameras, we will always be seeing what you do. Avoid displaying inappropriate behavior.

• In order for the race to be considered over, the first couple to arrive must both cross the finish line! You can't leave your teammate behind!

There will be a time limit for the competition, but I won't say it for now. A little excitement is a must~✩

• If you have any questions during the race, speak directly to any camera, I will try to answer.

• Does this bunny costume make my ass look big?

• Due to the high level of participation in this year's race, the school administration has announced that prizes will be awarded to couples who finish in second and third place! How lovely!

• Finally, the student council has hidden some useful materials in various parts of the forest; they will help you so try to find them!''

The matter had escalated beyond measure, and it seemed logical to inform Yotsuba and make withdraw. All eyes are fixed on us, and we needed to extricate ourselves from this predicament without further embarrassment. I'm supposed to be studying at my house right now, but look what's going on... It's total chaos here.

''Yotsuba, I think we should back off...''

''Ha?! No way, Uesugi-san! Participating in such a race happens once in a lifetime!''

''Weren't you scared just now?!''

''That's but...When I think about it, this is a really great chance to create new memories and have fun. Isn't this our second festival with you...'' Yotsuba looked directly into my eyes. God, how annoying... Why is this all happening to me?

Before the quintuplets came, most people at school called me dull-faced or a nerd, the number of people who talked to me was really small. I would just go home and study...I don't feel bad about them coming, although our financial situation has improved a little bit... I wonder where you are right now?

That girl from years ago... Will I be able to see you again?...

"I suppose it wouldn't hurt to join... I don't want to Saya's tickets to be wasted.'' I sighed in defeat.

''Thank you Uesugi-san!'' Yotsuba excitedly hopped to the air to celebrate.

I don't get it at all. It's just a stupid running race, what's the big deal?

Given the size of the forest, even if Yotsuba and I were running at full speed, we'd lose a lot of time. I'm familiar with this forest; we come here for school activities on occasion. The trees are dense because of forest is vast and lacks suitable walking terrain. Even Japan's toughest athletes will struggle here, I'm sure. What a headache...

The bunny girl came out of her tent and came over to us while I was thinking to myself about the forest.I think she said her name was Anita... But I still don't understand why she has to wear a bunny suit. Aren't we in autumn? You'll get cold. There are also small children here. Are you trying to traumatize them or something?

''Let's get to know our contestants before the race starts!'' The crowd suddenly began to scream passionately, as if this wasn't a school but a soccer field.

Now the thought is starting to occur to me that the reason Saya didn't participate in this race is not because she wants to spend time with her boyfriend, but because she wanted to avoid total embarrassment. If this is really the case, then we have been highly fucked up and bamboozled. Really, we just left the maid cafe, give us a break...

''Oh hello hello! You two must be one of our competing couples.'' The rabbit girl approached us with a microphone. That means the race is about to start. However, I'd better tell her that Yotsuba and I are not dating, to avoid any future misunderstandings.

''No actually, Yotsuba and I are jus-''

''We're definitely here to win!'' Yotsuba cut me off by approaching the microphone in the girl's hand.

''Ara ara! We've got a determined couple here! Let us all give them a big round of applause! I wish you both the very best! Let's meet our other couples now!'' The ero-bunny girl left us to talk to the other contestants.

''Yotsuba! Why!? Now everyone will misunderstand us...''

''No worries, Uesugi-san! We'll explain everything to them after the contest, but saying we're not a couple right now would be against the spirit of the competition!''

''When did the school spirit take over you! Ahh!...'' All my calculations are crashing one by one. This day was supposed to be quiet, but Yotsuba turns everything upside down. Well... I still don't have to win, I just have to finish the race so I don't get disgraced.

''And what will you do if your sisters see us? Explaining this to them will be much more difficult. This time, I don't believe Nino will be satisfied to " just " threaten me with a knife.''

''Leave it to me! Heh heh...'' Yotsuba looks at me with a distrustful grin on her face.

''If you say so... Let's go to the start, the race is about to begin.''

[ At The Starting Line ]

Yotsuba and I joined the other couples at the starting line. The bunny girl has already met each of us and taken our names.I expected the other contestants to be scarier types to be honest, but they seem to be normal people who are as surprised as we are . This race may fall far short of expectations.

Yotsuba began bouncing up and down in strange ways while we were waiting at the starting line.

''Y-yotsuba...What are you doing?''

''Warming up! You have to do it too, Uesugi-san! Or you might hurt yourself somewhere.'' Yotsuba stretched her arms up to the sky and smiled.

''No need, geez.'' Really, there's no need. I won't push myself, I can finish the race if I walk away. Winning means extra effort, and I'm not considered talented in sports. I prefer to use my energy for better things, like studying.

The other couples next to us are also chatting among themselves, none of them seem to be taking the race seriously.

''AND IT'S TIME FOR THE RACE TO START, EVERYONE! DID YOU ALL GET YOUR POPCORN AND DRINKS? BECAUSE I'M SURE YOU WON'T WANT TO MISS THIS MOMENT.''

Lady rabbit came to the starting line with a microphone and a toy gun in her hand. The audience's screams became increasingly thunderous. They're yelling and yelling, please just stop. This isn't a big challenge; in fact, these reactions is quite extraordinary.

''Are you ready, Yotsuba? You don't have to push yourself.''

''I know, but it would be fun to win too, Uesugi-san! Let's do our best.'' Yotsuba grinned as she looked the green bandage covering her arm. They put colored bandages on each couple specifically so that the couples wouldn't be confused with one another, which I probably forgot to mention earlier. Yotsuba and I are both green. ''AAAAH! There is no better place to relieve the stress of midterm exams.''

''Shouldn't you say that after the results are announced?...''

Asuka told me that we shouldn't tell them about the threat we received from their father. I didn't have such a plan anyway, the only way they could find out is if I slipped it out of my mouth while I was in the shower somewhere. Heh, as if something like this had happened somewhere.

''I believe in all five of us.'' Don't talk like that, I'm the one whose family is at risk here.

''ALL RIGHT! ENOUGH TALKING, IT'S TIME TO START. THE RACE WILL BEGIN AS YOU HEAR THE GUNSHOT. ALWAYS KEEP ONE EYE ON, THE FOREST IS FULL OF DANGER! W-wait a minute, principal... What do you mean, there's a complain about my costume?!''

''I want to go home...'' I mumbled.

''Let's take them down! Uesugi-san.''

''SORRY FOR THE HITCH! ON YOUR MARK - GET SET... — GO!''

*BANG!!!*

.

.

.

[ Soon after the race began... ]

The race had been underway for some time. As soon as Anita-san fired the starting gun, the couples took off in a frenzy, darting in all directions through the dense forest. No maps were provided, leaving us to rely solely on our sense of direction. Yotsuba had to wait for me due to my stupid slow pace.

We made our way through the forest, we couldn't spot anyone else around us. It was highly likely that we were among the last ones trailing behind.

''E-EEEK! Bugs! There are too many...''

''This is their natural habitat after all. Remember when we had biology class?'' There's really a lot of bugs in these trees... I'm not afraid of bugs, but it's seriously disgusting.

Yotsuba and I decided to walk at a steady pace through the trees so that I wouldn't have to get tired. The trees here are seriously huge, like we're walking among giants.

''Doesn't fresh air feel so good Uesugi-san?''

''It's the same weather I get everywhere, not much different...''

Yotsuba pouted. '' You know exactly what I mean!''

''Okay, okay, okay... I'm not going to lie, the atmosphere here is quite different.''

''I told ya, didn't I...hihihi... Uesugi-san should lift his head from the textbooks once in a while and see the beauty around him.''

''What do you think I am?! A robot or something? I know how to have fun too.''

''Raiha-chan said that you don't know how to have fun...hehe.''

''...Wonderful. Even my own sister betrayed me.''

Yotsuba and I are walking slowly through the tall trees. It's definitely a sight to stop and watch if this wasn't a race, it's not the first time either of us has come to the forest, but it's the first time we've gone this deep.

''Raiha-chan is a very sweet girl... You two helped us a lot at the fireworks festival.

''Huh...ah, yeah. It seemed like an important day for you all; if things had gone wrong that day, your lessons might have been affected, so I had to help...'' I mumbled.

''Uesugi-saaaan, You sound like a Tsundere.''

''The audacity!...''

''Attention to all the contestants! The yellow team has been eliminated. 9 couples left.''

''Uesugi-san, it it seems that the race is heating up!''

''It's not normal for them to be eliminated so quickly, something must have happened...''

I was absolutely sure that the elimination announcements would come, but I didn't expect them to be so fast. What could have happened? Did they come out the wrong way? Are they lost? Or something else...

''Whatever! We can definitely win, Uesugi-san! Just have a little faith in yourself.''

''If it were that easy, I would be running the world right now.''

''Mou!...Why are you always so negative?''

''I'm not negative... It's just that this whole thing seems strange to me...''

''If Asuka-kun was here, he'd be working hard right now to finish the race! Hmpf!'' She pouted once again. Cute.

''For someone like him, this place would be child's play.'' I kicked a stone under my feet.

Yotsuba and I continue our journey through the thick forest. The trees in the forest are getting closer together, but we haven't seen any of our rivals yet. Is this a sign that we've gone terribly wrong? She also tries to talk to me all the time in order to break the silence. I'm not complaining; I appreciate hearing a familiar voice.

''How did you two meet anyway?'' She asked.

''I don't remember well but...we were at the same elementary school. After that, middle school, and now high school. As far as I remember, we never went to separate schools.''

''It's great to have a childhood friend so close! Because we were constantly changing schools, I never had a consistent friend...''

''Friends are not that important, it would be better for you to focus on your studies.'' I cleared the way by pushing a bush in front of me. We must be far from civilization now, , the noise of the festival and the screams have faded a while ago. Now we can only hear the birds and...wait? Is that?...

''I'm starting to think that Raiha-chan was right...''

''Yotsuba, silence! SSH!'' I made a hush sign with my hands.

''W-what...Uesugi-san...Our rivals?...''

''No, listen.''

Yotsuba covered her mouth with her hands and began to listen. If that's what I'm thinking, I think luck smiled on us for the first time.

*TAP TAP TAP TAP*

''Is that...water?''

''Yes, there must be a lake nearby. Come on, let's go take a look.''

''I really need some water now...''

Then Yotsuba and I began walking in the direction of the sound. If there is really a lake, we can fulfill our thirst for water while also finding our way.

As for how to do it, we started the race at the western entrance of the forest, and our goal is the east. We didn't deviate from the path in any way, which means that we are heading in a straight line. If there really is a lake on our way, it means that we can see everything from the open place there.

''H-hehehe...'' Yotsuba giggled.

''What?''

''Come to think of it, don't you think this is a like those survival programs they show on TV, Uesugi-san?''

''The only difference is that those programs are fiction and we are real.''

''W-w-what?!'' Yotsuba was shocked, as if her entire childhood had suddenly fallen apart. ''F-fiction...?''

''Of course, you'd have to be extremly stupid or something to believe them to be real.'' I said.

''Y-y-y-yeah! w-w-who believes in such ridiculous things, right U-uesugi-san?''

''Exac-...Oh...''

''This place looks amazing!''

Yotsuba immediately dashed behind the bushes and rushed towards the water. It's really interesting to have such a natural structure here, we're really close at our school and even I'm hearing about it for the first time.

''Be careful! We may not be the only ones who found this place.''

''There's no one around, Uesugi-san! Ahh~ This water felt very good.'' Yotsuba knelt beside the lake, dipped her hand in the lake water and washed her face. ''Uesugi-san, is this water drinkable?''

I came to near Yotsuba and sat down on the edge of the lake after making sure that the surroundings were safe. We've been walking for a while, and my legs really need a rest. ''The water on the edges is not darkened or blurred, indicating that no toxic waste has accumulated in the water. I believe you can drink, but I'm not going to take the risk.''

''My legs...''

''E-eh b-but I'm thirsty... Nothing will happen.'' Yotsuba took some water inside her palm, brought it to her mouth and drank it. ''Wait a second, how do you know if the waters are dangerous or not?''

''It was one of last year's lessons too, and if you had actually listened, you would have remembered it as well.''

''H-haha...W-whatever...Uesugi-san, I want to stay here for a while...''

''We have to keep going, Yotsuba. Didn't you say before that you wanted to win?''

''Uesugi-san...'' Yotsuba's cheerful expression faded away. Her eyes were fixed on me, with only a blank, dull smile on her face.

''...''

''Yots-''

''It hurts, doesn't it? Your legs. They've been trembling ever since we got here...''

''It's not something I can't handle.'' My legs have been trembling for some time. I'm not as athletic as Yotsuba. All this walking was taxing on my legs. That's why I needed to get some rest in the first place. How did she even notice...?

''It was because of me, wasn't it?...Perhaps we shouldn't have come here in the first place...'' Yotsuba looked at me with an expression far from all happiness on her face.

''Stop talking nonsense Yotsuba! I came here of my own free will! It's not your fault here.''

''U-uesugi-san?!''

''The reason why my legs have become like this is because of I'm not strong enough. It's not your fault about this.''

I lower my head and examine my legs once more. They're definitely trembling, and they're also starting to hurt. Yotsuba is an athletic girl, so all that walking doesn't bother her, but it is tiring for people like me. If I know Yotsuba even a little bit, she will blame herself for it. I can't allow for certain.

''But if I weren't force you...''

''As I said, it doesn't matter! You entered this race to make unforgettable memories, right? It'll definitely suck if you leave now.''

''You didn't even want to participate in the first place Uesugi-san...''

''Actually, I still don't want to. I'd rather go home and study. But I also realize that it's important to you. That's precisely why I decided to tag along with you. Yotsuba...you want to finish the race, right?'

''Of course I want to, but your legs-!''

''Then this discussion is over! We'll finish the race, you and me. But you're right about my current state— I can't go further anymore, let's get some rest.''

I can see the tears coming from Yotsuba's eyes. She's a girl who tends to blame herself for other people's problems and wants to help everyone she can. All right, Fuutarou. For once, try not to screw up.

I approached Yotsuba and wiped the tears from her eyes, and then I smiled. ''If you truly want to apologize to me, buy me an ice cream after the race. That's all I want.''

''U-uhh...*sniff* T-that's all?...''

''That's all.''

Yotsuba wiped the tears from her own eyes and looked at me. I think I didn't screwed up my conversations with girls for once. 

''D-deal then Uesugi-san...One ice cream, h-h-hehe...'' Even though her eyes are red from crying, Yotsuba is still trying to smile.

''Let's get some rest for the time being. We'll continue onward later.'' I lay down on the grass after the talk. It's definitely not as comfortable as a bed, but it's fine...

''Okay...'' Yotsuba did the same. ''Even after all these years... you're still trying to help me...''

''Did you say something, Yotsuba?''

''N-nothing!...''

.

.

.

[ 30 Minutes Later ]

I haven't felt this relaxed in a long time, and the pain in my legs has also started to fade. All I did the rest of the time was lie on the grass and watch the clouds pass by. I could have taken pictures if they hadn't taken our phones. Yotsuba was right, the gentle autumn breeze feels wonderful...

Yet, there is one thing that is bothering me. Our current situation. This lake is really big, it's definitely not to be missed. We've been here for a while and haven't seen any of the other contestants, or even a trace of them. Other possibilities that I've been thinking about recently come to mind again;

• Either we made a mistake somewhere and now we are moving in the opposite direction completely. ( % 2 )

• The other couples are real suckers, and they're probably the ones who got lost. ( % 40 )

• Something bigger has happened or is about to happen. ( % 58 )

"Uesugi-san Uesugi-san!" Yotsuba rushed out through the bushes with an excited expression on her face. "I'm back!"

"Ah, Yotsuba. Did you find anything useful?"

I sent Yotsuba to the forest to gather information about twenty minutes ago. Yotsuba insisted that she didn't need to rest since she was more athletic than me, so I tasked her with finding something useful.

"Yes yes, absolutely!" Yotsuba was holding something in both of her palms. I can't see what it is from here, but Yotsuba seems quite happy. "Hehehe~!"

"That's perfect! What exactly is it? Map? Food? Anything useful? Maybe my study notes..."

"Ta-daaaa!" Yotsuba giggled and opened her palm.

"..."

"Whaddya think Uesugi-san?"

"Yotsuba, what the fuck is that?"

*SQUAWK*

I wish what Yotsuba was holding was a map... But it's not. A monster, a long-eared creature covered with snow-white fur and feathers, was peering into soul with its blood-red eyes from her palm.

"A bunny?"

"Isn't she super cute! I found it sleeping under a tree." Yotsuba nuzzled her nose to the bunny.

"Why did you even bring it here?...wait, she?"

"She is a lady Uesugi-san! AAAAH! SO CUTE, I WANNA TAKE HER HOME..." Yotsuba keep nuzzling her nose into bunny's nose.

"Ugh...Why...?"

OK, fine... It was partly my fault that I excepted for Yotsuba to find something useful. Now that my legs are back to normal, we have to get going. Maybe we'll find something useful on the way.

"I'll give you a name as soon as we get home! You'll absolutely loooooove my sisters, and we all take care of you."

"Yotsuba, we have to go now. My legs are fine now, so we don't need to stop here anymore...ALSO LEAVE THAT BUNNY!"

"Haaaa-! NO WAY! I'll definitely take care of her!" Yotsuba hugged the bunny as it was a treasure or something.

"We can't waste time! It would be impossible to carry the bunny with us, also..."

"Also...?"

"You can't just take wild forest animals from their natural habitat and bring them home; they'll die in a few days...!"

"B-but...!"

"Besides, what are you going to do about diseases, ha?! What if you get rabies, or worse."

"H-hmpf-! Uesugi-san, you are being a total jerk sometimes." Yotsuba pouted.

''PLUS! You'll probably be sad when it dies a few days later, too, so not getting involved at all is a better option.''

''But isn't she cute...! Look at that chubby face and that soft paws Uesugi-san!''

Well ... the bunny is actually really cute, her white fur has definitely given her a non-forest air, maybe I spoke a little too harshly. Maybe Yotsuba's rage towards me should decrease if I rub her head a little.

''Okay, I think I've gone a little too far... We can't take it with us, but I can't deny the fact that it's cute.'' I gently leaned towards the rabbit standing in Yotsuba's palms and raised my hand to stroke its head. ''Maybe you're not that dangerous aft-''

*MUNCH*

...

''...''

''UESUGI-SAN!''

''THAT FUCKING HURT! OUCH! MY FINGER!'' This stupid rabbit bit my finger before I could even touch it.

''H-hahaha...Uesugi-san... I think it would be best if we didn't take this rabbit with us.''

''COULDN'T YOU JUST HAVE AGREED ON THIS 10 SECONDS AGO?!''

.

.

.

''It's lucky we have bandages with us, isn't it Uesugi-san?

''I won't be getting a pet for a while...''

I returned to the forest with Yotsuba after leaving the lakeside. I managed to persuade her to let go of the bunny somehow, but it cost me a finger. And I hope I don't have rabies...

''Apart from the mishap, don't you think this race is fun, Uesugi-san?'' Yotsuba asked me while she was hoping on tree roots.

''I don't know. I can't say that I'm very relieved or amused since we're being watched every second.''' As the host girl explained earlier, there really are cameras in some places in the forest, I know that this is necessary to protect the safety of students, but it seems a little...it felt like a violation of some human rights.

''Y'know Uesugi-san, I'm curious what the others are up to...hehe. This cultural festival is quite large, and I'm sure everyone is enjoying their time somewhere.''

''You have to stop jumping on those roots, you're going to fall Yotsuba.'' I sighed. ''But you're right, I bet your sisters are having fun somewhere, also... This race isn't that bad as I thought in the first place.''

This race is very important to Yotsuba, so we must complete it no matter what. We are, however, still lost. I can't see the pole star since it's not night, and the trees keep us from seeing the direction of the sun. There's also no moss on trees or anthills in sight... They seemed to want us to get lost on purpose. All the wayfinding methods I know in nature have become ineffective here...

''Uesugi-san! There's something...'' Yotsuba stopped suddenly. She was walking in front of me for a while.

''What happened?''

''...I think you need to see this Uesugi-san.''

''Let me see.'' I walked over to Yotsuba and looked at what she was trying to show me. ''Interesting, something happened here...''

There was an oddly shaped crack in the stone floor. As if something had exploded. All of the small stones and leaves that supposed to be there around the cracked ground had been thrown away, so it should be fairly simple to identify that in all of that soil and leaves. I'm not sure what it is, but I'm pretty sure it's man-made...

''A natural phenomenon, Uesugi-san?...''

''No, it's definitely a human thing. Someone has been here, we should be cautious from now on.''

''Are we finally going to see someone?''

''Most likely. But, based on what happened here, I can't say if it will be good or not... Yotsuba, stay near me.''

''I saw something by that tree as well, and I'll go check it out Uesugi-san!''

''Okay, be cautious and stay close to me, as I said.''

''Hai hai!''

What could have caused such damage? Did someone accidentally knock down a tree? Or maybe someone got into a fight... No, the rules said that fighting was forbidden. If someone had violated the rules, It would have been announced.

''Huh...? What is that?''

Something glimmering caught my eye right next to the crack. It would seem to be a tall, shiny object; I should go get it. Perhaps it's a hint...

''This thing... Looks like a wire...''

It appears to be a long wire, similar to the ones we used in the school gym. What exactly is this wire doing here?...

''Did one of the couples drop it I wonder...?''

''...!'' Lightnings suddenly flashes through my entire mind.

''YOTSUBA!''

NO, NO, NO! WE'RE REALLY IN DANGER, I NEED TO FIND YOTSUBA RIGHT FUCKING NOW. IMMEDIATELY!

I started running back in the direction I had come, in the direction Yotsuba would be looking. Please don't let me be too late...

''Yotsuba, where are you!''

''Ha-? Uesugi-san? I'm right here!'' Yotsuba called to me from a few meters away. She was still walking.

This place is dangerous, we have to get out of here immediately.

I ran directly after Yotsuba, I must stop her from walking before she could go any further. At least until my suspicions are confirmed.

''Uesugi-san, There's something shiny on the ground, want to look? Let me just take-''

''DON'T TOUCH IT!-''

*CRASH*

''KYAH!''

''Ugh-...!''

I managed to catch up to Yotsuba before she reached the bright wire somehow. I quickly wrap my arms around Yotsuba's stomach and pull her back. We both fall to the ground. Although I'm not sure how we got that position but, Yotsuba was standing on top of me when I opened my eyes, pinning me down.

''Yotsuba...''

''U-uesugi-san...'' Yotsuba's face started to turn red like a tomato. I'm starting to feel ashamed of the position we're in too... It's really embarrassing... ( But wait a minute, isn't it usually the other way around? )

''I-I-I...'' Yotsuba is trying to say something, but she's just stuttering. ''Mou! Uesugi-san, w-what were you thinking?..''

We both in a terrible situation... If someone from the outside sees us, we'll be completely misunderstood.

''F-first of all, get off me...''

.

.

.

"W-why did you do this all of a sudden! U-uesugi-san...are you trying to give me a heart attack?" Yotsuba took a deep breath and tried to reduce the blush on her cheeks.

I'm not much different from her either... Mei was right... They were really pink. No no no, focus yourself Fuutarou! Remember.

"I-I..." I slapped my own cheeks to focus myself. "I tried to warn you!"

"Warn me? About what?" Yotsuba asked.

"I told you before! Stay close! That was a close call..." I sighed and pointed my finger at the wire strung between the two trees. "If things really are as I thought, this is a work of ona hell of a sick mind..."

"Uesugi-san... What are you mumbling? Shouldn't we keep going?"

"Yotsuba, give me something to throw..."

"E-eh, H-hai...!" Yotsuba grabbed a small rock from the ground and handed it over to me.

"Step back."

"You're starting to scare me, Uesugi-san..."

"Just do it!"

Yotsuba didn't understand why, but she did as I told her and went behind my back. That way, she'll be safer. Then I looked at the wires Yotsuba found; they were the same type as the ones I noticed on the ground.

*THUD*

I threw the stone in my hand to the wire between trees.

"..."

"See?, hehe~" Yotsuba smiled widely behind my back. There's nothing to worry ab-"

*BOOOOOOOOM!!!
*

A trap, just as I suspected. The device beneath the wire began to shake violently as soon as the stone made contact with the wire. It's not something that can really hurt people; rather, it's a cheap trick that will keep them from walking for a while. If a person falls into this trap, person will most likely be unable to recover for some time.

On the other hand, Yotsuba is in complete shock. Her hands are trembling as hell and her eyes are wide open...She's on the verge of screaming...

"A-aaaaaaa...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!"

"...Tch, such cheap tricks."

"Uesugi-san, w-what the hell...I-I, We——— Ahhh!" She can't even make a proper sentance.

"Yotsuba, calm down, calm down! Look into my eyes." I held her both shoulders and looked right into her eyes. "Everything is okay. This thing was not designed to cause permanent harm to people. Calm down."

"U-uesugi-san, I-" She still tries to control her breath. "Hah...hah...hah..."

I need to give Yotsuba some time. She's in shock. My arms are still holding Yotsuba, but she really needs to calm down. People tend to do things they would never do with such high panic.

Poor girl. She's still trembling.

"W-what was that, Uesugi-san..?"

"There's something I need to do before I explain this to you..."

Heck! You've got to be fucking kidding me... What twisted mind would turn an entertaining event into a potential death trap?!

For a moment in anger, I turned my face to the camera that was watching us.

"Oi! What the hell is that mean you Ero-Bunny?!" That woman told us to talk right into the camera if there was a problem.

"Hi hi! Uesugi...Fuutarou, was it?" A feminine voice rose from the microphone under the camera.

"These things are extremely dangerous! Someone might be injured!"

"Fuutarou-kun, remember the rules. Did you never listen to me at first? Hmpf~ Although the rules prohibit direct physical violence, I stated that traps would not be an issue. Unlike you, a couple decided to use this rule and also...HA?! WHO ARE YOU CALLING ERO-BUNNY?!"

''I mean, you seriously let them turn this place into a minefield...oh my god... Anita-san, I have a question. I know you're not allowed to answer questions that will give you an advantage over the other contestants, but there's something I need to ask.

''Hai! I believe I can answer one of your questions. Depending on the question, of course.''

''The team that was eliminated before... They got eliminated here, right?

''You're a smart one, aren't you...? Yes, those two did want to leave the game. In this field, I don't think anyone could blame them.

And this confirms my suspicions: this place is a minefield. Even so, it is unlikely that they brought this much material from school without knowing the race... They most likely discovered a hidden set specially prepared for trap making. The student council is attempting to keep things interesting as usual.

''All right, we can do it!''

I returned my gaze to Yotsuba. She looks even calmer. That's probably a good thing; now that she realizes how dangerous this place is, she'll stick with me.

...I don't want her to get hurt.

''How are you feeling, Yotsuba?''

''Strange, hehe. I was terrified when that thingy went off. I mean it really went booooom! but I calmed down when I heard your conversation with the rabbit lady, Uesugi-san.'' Yotsuba gain her cheerful stance back and made a thumbs up. ''It's all in the game! So there's no need for me to be afraid.

''That's the spirit! The winner has not been announced yet, the race continues!'' I said.

Wait...When did I start taking this race seriously?...

''Which way should we go?'' Yotsuba asked as she walked quietly close behind me.

''The only way to go seems to be forward from where the traps are, so we must do that. But from now on, we will proceed cautiously with each step. Yotsuba, you can't leave my side anymore.

''H-huh...'' She nodded.

''We don't have time let's-''

Yotsuba took my hand firmly before I could finish my sentence.

''Yotsuba...?''

''It's safer this way...Don't let go...Never ever...''

''Understood...Hold it tight, then.'' I sent a smile to her. I hope this has calmed her down a little...''

.

.

.

I chose to take the riskier path with Yotsuba. She walks behind me, holding onto my arm, while I led the way to detect any potential dangers.

''Don't you think...doesn't this make you feel a little nostalgic, Uesugi-san?...''

''Nostalgic?''

''That's exactly what happened at the firework festival. You were once again trying to help us...''

''Maybe, but I'm pretty sure the previous festival wasn't a battleground. ( At least for physically )

''H-hehe...Right right!'' She giggled.

Normally, talking with Yotsuba is a relaxing experience for people, but right now, neither of us can relax. At least four traps have been avoided so far in this; if I step into even one of them, I doubt I'll be able to finish this race. God... Even if you found the trapping items, you didn't have to use them all! That's overkill.

''Please wait a moment, Uesugi-san. I need to tie my shoes.'' Yotsuba stopped moving, her laces untied because of all the running.

''Be quick...'' I don't want her to trip over her shoes, so I'll let it go.

I leaned against a tree and waited for Yotsuba to finish tying her shoes. Then a bright object is perched on a branch of the tree I'm leaning against. What exactly is it?... Another trap? Or perhaps it's something useful...

''Did something happen Uesugi-san?''

''Yotsuba, good timing. See that thing on that tree? If I lift you can you take it?''

Yotsuba turned her gaze towards to the branch. ''Oooh, there is really something there—! W-w-w-wait! Lifting me up?!''

''Of course, we can't get it any other way. Hop on.'' I kneeled down and gave her enough space to climb on my back.

''I-I-I...Uhhh...'' Yotsuba mumbled as her face reddened slightly. ''Fine...''

Yotsuba then stepped on my back and landed on my shoulder. She's not as heavy as I expected... Maybe I would have felt better if she hadn't pressed up against my face. Wait, is this...?!

''Wh-What's wrong.''

''This sensation...''

''Hey! No enjoying my thighs!''

Yotsuba grabbed the object on the branch and hopped off my back. Her face was still flushed with embarrassment... I've seen...her inside before, but she's not aware of it.

''Yotsuba, is this...?''

''A Map! Uesugi-san, a map!''

''Finally! Now we can find our way.'' I took the map from Yotsuba's hand and began to examine it. I can't express how happy I am right now; this is our exit ticket. THAT'S IT, YES!

Wait...When did I start enjoying this race?...

''All right, Yotsuba! Good news! We're almost there; if we walk straight for about 10 minutes, we'll be at the east exit. The team that set the trap must have gotten lost again since they couldn't find this map.

"That's the spirit, Uesugi-san! Nothing can stand in our way now."

"Absolutely! Nothing can go wrong now; we're almost there, Yotsuba!"

''Hell yes!'' Yotsuba and I high-fived each other out of joy.

Finally this hell is coming to an end, just a few more minutes. Nobody can stop us! So Yotsuba and I began walking toward the finish line. We both smile as we look at each other.

''It was fun, wasn't it? Uesugi-san?''

''I can't say it was bad but let's wa-...''

*CLICK*

''...!''

''Uesugi-san...Did you just...''

''MOTHERFU---''

*BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!*

''UESUGI-SAN!''

Caught up in the heat of the moment, I failed to notice the trap lurking beneath my feet. The ground beneath me shook as if there was an earthquake, but it wasn't painful - it was a nauseating sensation, like taking a high dose of drugs. The shock extended to my leg muscles, robbing the ability to walk. I don't remember what happened next. I lost consciousness just five seconds after the explosion.

[ After a While... ]

''AAAAAAAAAAAAH!!'' I woke up with a scream that I made myself, wait, are my limbs in place? Am I alive? What happened to me after the explosion?... All I heard was Yotsuba's screaming then my vision just blackened.

''Wait...Where am I? This isn't the last place I remember.'' My vision is still blurry, but I know I'm not in the forest.

My vision returns after a few seconds and I can see where I am. I'm in a super luxury tent.

''My head feels like it's going to crack, ugh...''

The tent's inside is nicely furnished, with a carpet and a table. It's also the sofa I'm currently lying on. The effect of the explosion doesn't seem to have left any permanent physical damage on me, but it seems that it'll take a while for my senses to return. I can't really imagine what I'm in, but I know I didn't come to this tent by myself. Also, where is Yotsuba!? Wasn't she supposed to be with me?

''Y-yotsuba...?'' Even talking hurts my brain. ''Ugh...''

''Easy there champ, you've just awoken; don't start moving yet.''

''H-huh, Yotsuba...?''

''Sorry, wrong answer. Try again later.''

''Wait who...Bunny?...Anita...-san?''

''Welcome back to the world, Fuutarou-kun.''

''Where am I?''

''You're in the commentator's tent in the eastern section.''

''What happened to me? Where's Yotsuba?''

''You're caught in a trap then, well. It would be better if you listen rest of it from Yotsuba-chan. She's currently out doing an interview with the school newspaper.''

''Interview?...Did something happen?'' I managed to move, although my body still felt sluggish like on drugs. Slowly, I rose from where I had been lying and rubbed my eyes to clear my vision.

''Not really. Isn't it natural for journalists to interview the winners?''

''What do you m-''

''Nuh-uh, I don't want to spoil the surprise, she's right outside.''

I don't really understand what happened, but if she says Yotsuba is outside, I need to go talk to her. I have to know if she's okay. After getting up, I left the tent. Yotsuba was seriously talking to our school's journalism club.

''Yotsuba!''

''Uesugi-san!'' She rushed towards to me and hugged me tightly. ''You're okay right?! Are you hurt? Are you going to die?!''

''Gah-! O-of course not! I'm still alive.''

''I was so worried when you passed out like that!''

''I don't remember exactly what happened. Can you tell me, ugh... my head.''

''After we found the map, you stepped into a trap Uesugi-san. I tried to wake you up when you fell to the ground, but you had already lost consciousness.''

''I know that, what about later?''

''Ah- Nothing much! I just carried you here.''

''Ha, I see. Then—YOU DID WHAT!''

''A-ahahah...I just couldn't abandon you in the woods. That's why I grabbed the map and carried you all the way here. But, thank goodness, we're the first to arrive, so we won!'' Yotsuba smiled widely and made a thumbs up. ''So, no worries!''

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! THE WHOLE SCHOOL HAS SEEN MY EMBARRING MOMENT. The whole school will make fun of me if word spreads that a girl carried me all the way! Especially that particular blonde.

''Also...Thank you Uesugi-san. We really managed to finish this race—''

''But at what cost...'' I sighed. ''Well, at least I was able to fulfill my promise to you. Would that be an unforgettable enough memory for you?''

''Are you kidding me? I'll never forget this! Thank you, Uesugi-san...''

That was the goal of Yotsuba's participation in this race from the very beginning... And I only joined because I had to. I don't know what happened, but I really felt like I was having fun towards the end of the race. I have to thank Saya for the tickets.

BUT I'LL BE A MOCKERY IN FRONT OF THE WHOLE SCHOOL! AAAAH!

''Uesugi-san! Look look! They're photographing us! I heard that the pictures of the winners will be published in the school newspaper. Smile!''

''Wait a second! I haven't accepted it yet! OI—''

*SNAP!*

- - -

[ BONUS SCENE ]

Itsuki: Yotsuba, look a see-saw!

Yotsuba: Ooh! We haven't done it in a while; do you want to give it a shot Itsuki.

Itsuki: Sure!

Yotsuba: WAIT, DON'T SIT DOWN TOO FAST!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.8K 485 33
After Fuutaro collapsed on his school trip, an admirer couldn't bear to look at him exhausted like that. He decided to help his „Idol" out, how will...
6.1K 221 9
A fan-fiction about you and the best girl, NINO NAKANO!!
81.9K 4.1K 28
i want to talk to you until there's nothing left to say. and then i want to show you the way i love you like everything but a friend. <꒱ ‧₊˚ ⋅ stol...
9.7K 530 45
**second book in the series** (Y/N) arrived back in his home country... but some want him back? He returns to Japan (reluctantly) and continues to tu...