Beauty and the Dork

By EloiseMunson

Margot Patterson is everything that Eddie Munson is not, but everything that he is desperate to have. His fri... More

Divine Intervention
Molly the Clever
A Fighting Chance
One of Us
Figure You Out
Old Margot vs New Margot
Façades
Princess Margot AndΓΊnΓ«
Shadow Kingdoms
Magic Dance
Truths Revealed
Stray Puppies
Delusions
Miracle of Miracles
Sneaking Around
Gussied Up
Hot
Dynasty
Surprises
Routines
Fishing
Uncle Wayne
Embarrassment
Pasta
Planting Seeds
Hide and Seek
Cloud Nine
Misery Loves Company
Plans
God Amongst Men
Pool Day
Nerves
Confessions
Taking Advantage
Mending Bridges
Worth It
One of Everything
Brave for Each Other
Home Early
Who Cares?
Purple
A Real Couple
Gloo
Dinner
First Dance
Bluffing
Your Lines
Champagne
Pasta Part Two
Night Out
Big Brother

Missed Calls

1.9K 80 24
By EloiseMunson

I woke up annoyed. I didn't want to do anything today. I didn't want to see anyone or talk to anyone. I didn't want to see Margot's legs and spend all day mooning over her.

I wasn't going to school.

I felt relieved when I made this decision. It was the first time since ending things with Margot that I didn't feel that familiar knot in the middle of my chest. I got up and took an extra-long shower, staying under the water until the hot water ran out and my fingers got pruney. I got out and changed, opting for the flannel Margot always complimented.

I was a glutton for punishment.

I strolled out into the kitchen, lazily making a bowl of cereal. The phone started ringing and I glanced at it. I meant it when I said I didn't want to talk to anyone today. I ate a large spoonful of cereal and padded into the living room, grabbing my stash from under the couch. The phone started ringing again and I glared at it.

I was even more annoyed when it rang again while I was rolling a joint. I groaned and rolled my eyes. I finished my bowl of cereal, leaving it on the table, and I stormed out of the trailer with my stash. I went to the back and climbed the boxes, opting to lie in me and Margot's spot and smoke weed all day.

I lit the joint and took a long drag from it, slowly letting the smoke out of my mouth. I took a deep breath. The phone started ringing again – what the hell was so important that someone wanted to talk to me this bad?

I stayed on the roof, enjoying the cool air and sunshine. I was feeling better than I had over the last couple of days. I hadn't come up here since Margot and I broke up, and I still missed her in my arms up here, asking about the different constellations and stories behind them. But it was going to be okay.

I took more hits from the joint and put it out, tucking the rest of it into my front pocket. I placed my hands behind my head and watched the clouds pass by. The phone rang a couple more times, but it eventually stopped. I felt myself doze off and had peaceful dreams.

"Eddie Munson!" a voice yelled.

I was shocked awake, taking in a deep breath. I blinked hard and looked around, forgetting where I was.

"Eddie Munson, where the hell are you?" the voice yelled again. I sat up and looked around, still confused and my head full of sleep. "I swear to God, I'm going to kill you."

I blinked hard again and shook my head. I stood and carefully walked along the roof. I peered down and cocked my head to the side.

"Margot?" I asked. She snapped her head up at me and glared.

"You are so annoying, do you know that?" she hissed. I watched her as she started pacing around, gesturing wildly. I smiled – she was wearing those dorky glasses she had shown me weeks ago, and she had a new skirt on. It was shorter than others she wore.

"Why are you here, Go?" I asked, crossing my arms. She pointed up at me, furious. I had never seen her this mad.

"Do you know how to answer a phone? And you need to start taking your attendance seriously – it's horseshit that you skipped school today," she hissed. I furrowed my brows.

"You were the one who kept calling? Why does it matter that I skipped school?" I asked. She groaned.

"Because, you asshole, you were supposed to go to the pep rally with Gareth and Jeff!"

"I don't go to pep rallies," I said simply. She scoffed again.

"Obviously, Eddie, I know that, I've been dating you for months, you don't think I know that?" she snapped. "Gareth and Jeff were supposed to make you go with them."

I paused, thinking.

"Is that why you were talking to them the other day?" I asked. She continued to pace, gesticulating passionately.

"But, no, you have to pull this shit, getting stoned and ruining my plans," she continued. She turned and glared at me again. "Also, you're hanging out in our spot without me?"

"What plans, Go?" I asked, still confused. She groaned and stormed to where she dropped her bag and picked up a poster that was folded up. She stormed back over.

"I was going to ask you to the stupid Sadie Hawkins dance with this stupid sign, and I was going to do it at the pep rally, in front of everyone!" she yelled, opening the poster up.

---

I was so irrationally angry with Eddie. I knew I wasn't being logical – I had just been so excited about my plan, and Eddie had ruined it by staying home for the day.

It was annoying how good he looked. He was in my favorite flannel on him, hands on his hips as he watched me. His eyes were squinted as he tried to read my stupid sign.

"I can't read that – hold on," he said. He disappeared for a moment and then came trotting from around the back of the trailer. My anger was quickly replaced by nerves as he got closer. He was still reading it. His face split into a smile I loved.

"'One does not simply walk into Sadie's alone – will you go on this journey with me?'" he read. He looked up at me, his eyes crinkling. "Is that a drawing of the Shards of Narsil? And the Eye of Sauron?"

I flushed and looked down at the sign that had taken ages to finish.

"Yeah, I know it's your favorite. I even had to ask my dad to help come up with a pun to ask you," I admitted. His smile grew and he set his hands on his hips.

"And you were going to ask in front of everyone?" he asked, his voice hitching. I looked down at my feet, flushing.

"Yes, I was. I was going to get on the microphone and everything. But you ruined it by staying home," I answered. He laughed and I looked up at him, smiling. I didn't know that I could miss a sound so much.

"If I had known you were going to ask me to the dance, princess, I would have been there with bells on," he said. My heart skipped at my nickname. I took in a deep breath.

"Eddie, I'm really sorry. I know I messed up, but I want to be with you. I don't want to sneak around. I just miss you so much," I said quickly, almost sobbing. Tears that had lived behind my eyes for days were welling up again. I looked at him and he was smiling sweetly. He reached out to me and set his hand on the side of my face, and I felt my heart stop.

"I missed you so much, too, princess," he said quietly. I leaned into his touch and dropped the poster, stepping close to him.

"I don't want to sneak around," I said, mesmerized by his touch. He grinned and set his other hand on my waist, pulling me closer to him.

"You said that," he teased. I smiled and set my hands on his chest.

"I mean it," I replied. He pressed his forehead to mine. I missed all of these small gestures that I took for granted.

"Okay, so ask me again," he said. I looked up at him.

"Will you go to the Sadie Hawkins dance with me?" I croaked. He smiled and looked up, pretending like he was thinking.

"Hmm, let me think about that," he teased. He looked back down at me, beaming. "I'd love to, princess."

I felt a wave of relief and smiled, leaning farther into his touch.

"Thank god," I said, making him laugh. We continued to stay there, wrapped up in one another.

"Can, uh, can I try something?" he asked.

I smiled, remembering the night he first kissed me. I nodded, hoping it would be what I thought it was. He wrapped his hand around the back of my neck, pulling me to him and pressing his lips to mine. I immediately pulled him closer to me, never wanting to stop kissing him. He pulled away, keeping his lips close to mine.

"I'm so sorry, Eddie," I whispered. He chuckled lowly.

"I know, princess," he replied. I buried my face in the crook of his neck and wrapped my arms around his back. He held me close, his lips pressed to my forehead. "So, does this mean that I can hold your hand at school?"

"Hold hands, kiss each other in the hallways – I'll even carry your books if you want me to," I answered. He laughed again and started playing with my hair like I loved. "You're my boyfriend again, right?"

I felt so lame, but I needed to know. He hummed happily and pulled my face out of his neck, grinning at me.

"Only if you're my girlfriend again," he replied. Before I could stop myself, my tears started falling again. He panicked and started wiping my face. "Go, why are you crying?"

"I just missed you so much," I sobbed. He smiled and kissed me softly, making me putty in his hands. He moved my glasses off my face setting them in my hair as he gently dried my eyes.

"I know, and I missed you," he repeated. "But I'm here, okay?"

I nodded and sniffled. He smiled and kissed me again.

"So, you skipped the rest of classes today?" he asked. I nodded, and his eyes flashed as he smiled. "Princess, for someone who's upset about my attendance, you aren't setting the right example."

"I've never skipped class before," I admitted. His smile grew.

"Oh, you secret nerd – even wearing your dorky glasses?" he teased, wrapping a hand around the base of my neck and tracing the side of my face. I nodded weakly, and his eyes crinkled.

"I knew you liked them," I replied.

"Old Margot?" he asked. I shook my head.

"Just Margot," I answered. This made him smile the biggest smile yet and he kissed me hard.

"Do you want to hang out?" he asked nervously. I took in a deep breath and nodded.

"Want to go to the mall?" I asked. His eyes widened and he grinned.

"In public? Together?" he asked. I nodded.

"No sneaking around," I answered. He kissed me deeply and pressed his forehead to mine.

"No sneaking around," he repeated, absolutely giddy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

870 34 13
Atlas Byers goes on a nerve-racking journey with her friends Steve Harrington and Nancy Wheeler. She meets a familiar face. But it's no ordinary face...
26.9K 1K 72
You move to Hawkins to repeat your final year of high school after being sent to live with your cousin Dustin and Aunt after your Nan becomes too ill...
35.5K 319 75
THIS IS A TWO SERIES BOOK IN ONE! (2 in 1) πŸ«ΆπŸ–€ 𝐼𝑓 π‘¦π‘œπ‘’ π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘’ π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘Žπ‘‘π‘–π‘›π‘” π‘‘β„Žπ‘–π‘  𝐼 π‘Žπ‘š π‘π‘œπ‘›π‘ π‘–π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘π‘™π‘¦ π‘‘π‘’π‘Žπ‘‘. 𝐴𝑛𝑑 π‘¦π‘œπ‘’ 𝑛...
4.9K 58 31
Y/n Wheeler is one of the most popular girls at Hawkins High School, but one day she reunites with an old friend... Eddie "The Freak" Munson wants he...