Beauty and the Dork

Par EloiseMunson

Margot Patterson is everything that Eddie Munson is not, but everything that he is desperate to have. His fri... Plus

Divine Intervention
Molly the Clever
A Fighting Chance
One of Us
Figure You Out
Old Margot vs New Margot
Façades
Princess Margot Andúnë
Shadow Kingdoms
Magic Dance
Truths Revealed
Stray Puppies
Delusions
Miracle of Miracles
Sneaking Around
Gussied Up
Hot
Dynasty
Surprises
Routines
Fishing
Uncle Wayne
Embarrassment
Pasta
Planting Seeds
Hide and Seek
Cloud Nine
Misery Loves Company
Missed Calls
God Amongst Men
Pool Day
Nerves
Confessions
Taking Advantage
Mending Bridges
Worth It
One of Everything
Brave for Each Other
Home Early
Who Cares?
Purple
A Real Couple
Gloo
Dinner
First Dance
Bluffing
Your Lines
Champagne
Pasta Part Two
Night Out
Big Brother

Plans

1.7K 65 24
Par EloiseMunson

"You're stupid if you don't just make up with her – you seriously think you can do better than Margot Patterson?" Mike asked. I felt my face burn and looked down at the small figurines I had painted over the summer. I started fidgeting with one.

"Mike," Jeff warned, prompting him to stop talking.

"I'm serious! So what if she snuck around with you? You're a dork and she's a goddess," Mike continued. Those stupid tears were welling up again. This sucked.

"Stop it, Mike – Eddie's our friend. He deserves better than that," Dustin snapped. I looked up and smiled weakly at him. He smiled back.

"Better than Margot Patterson? I don't know about that," Mike said.

"It's obvious you don't know about any of that," Dustin quipped, making everyone laugh. Mike flushed and crossed his arm, sinking into his seat angrily. I sighed and looked down at my notes. I really wasn't up for this today.

Margot had worn one of my favorite skirts to school today – part of me wondered if she was wearing those skirts on purpose. She had also been less sad, and a sick part of me was angry about that. I was absolutely miserable, and she was on the up and up.

But of course she was. She was Margot Patterson. She was a demigod. She was too shiny for me. Too shiny for anyone.

I couldn't stop staring at her all day, just like when I had my initial crush on her. Gareth had to nudge me at one point, bringing me out of my stupor. Margot looked over at one point and we locked eyes. I felt my chest burn and my stomach flipped when her eyes softened, and she smiled at me. I looked away quickly and tried my hardest not to stare at her for the rest of the day.

"I'm going to go, guys," I announced, standing from the table.

"Eddie, it's okay, we don't have to talk about it," Gareth said. I shook my head.

"No, it's okay," I replied, pulling my bag over my shoulder. "I need to go and do homework."

I started out of the room, and when they thought I was out of earshot, they started talking.

"Holy shit, he has to be so sad to want to do homework," Dustin said. I shook my head and started down the hallway, staring at my feet.

"Hey," a soft voice greeted. I looked up and felt the color drain from my face when I saw Margot standing in front of me.

"Uh, hi," I replied. She took a step forward and I immediately stepped back. Her face fell and she looked down at her feet. I wanted to scoop her into my arms and make her feel better.

"I've been trying to see you," she said quietly. She looked up and I saw her eyes well up with tears. I looked away from her.

"I know," I said. The tension was palpable between us.

"Eddie, I'm so sorry. I miss you so much," she sobbed. I looked at her and saw the tears running down her face. I needed to leave before I did something stupid.

"I need to leave," I said, trying to walk past her. I saw her reach out to me, but she stopped herself. I stopped and looked at her. I needed to tell her something, anything. "I miss you, too, Go. So much. But I can't do the sneaking around anymore."

She looked up at me, smiling sadly. Her eyes flashed, like she had a thought, but she kept it to herself. Before I knew what was happening, she shot towards me and threw her arms around my neck for a hug. I was frozen in place, not sure what to do.

"I'm going to make it right, Eddie," she whispered. I sighed and wrapped my arms around her, burying my face in her neck. I don't think I believed her, but I took in her perfume one more time. I was going to miss it. I dropped her and raced away before I lost even more resolve.

Those stupid tears were back. I missed her so much. It was unfair how much I missed her. It was unfair that she had brought me into her world and showed me what I could have. I was never going to be the same again, and I would always miss her.

I got into my van and slammed the door, taking a deep breath in before punching my steering wheel.

I started the van and began mentally berating myself. Why couldn't I just suck it up? It was Margot Patterson. Every guy in the school wanted her – why would it matter if we were a secret? Shouldn't it be enough to know that I was the one she wanted?

But then I remembered how good it felt to act like a couple in front of Hellfire, and how badly I had wanted to hold her hand at the party. How fun it was to sit together and trade kisses at The Hideout.

I leaned back in my seat. It wasn't enough to be her secret. She was the kind of girl I wanted everyone to know I had been able to win over. The dork could get the beauty.

But I guess that was not the ending to this fairytale.

"God damn it," I muttered as I wiped my eyes again. I parked in front of the trailer and got out, still trudging along.

This was miserable.

---

I took a deep breath as I finished my hair, meticulously smoothing the curls Eddie always complimented. I looked in the mirror, trying to determine if there was anything I needed to change. I had bought a brand-new skirt for today – it was shorter than others he had loved before.

I crossed to my nightstand and sighed – I know what I had to do. I pulled my glasses out and slid them onto my face.

Old Margot was running the show today.

I bounded down the stairs and grabbed my bag, running through everything that I needed to have ready for today. I grabbed a folded poster and started the way to school.

New Margot was throwing a fit internally, panicking about what we were planning. But I kept her buried deep down, refusing to let her ruin anything else with Eddie. I wasn't going to be a coward today. I was going to be someone that actually deserved being with Eddie.

My heart was pounding as I walked into school. People glanced at me, confused at first, but soon smiling. It took everything in me not to rip my dorky glasses off my face. I walked past Gareth and Jeff – they both grinned at me as they noticed my glasses. I thought back to our conversation the other day.

"Hey, guys – can I talk to you really quick?" I asked sheepishly. Gareth raised an eyebrow and looked at Jeff.

"We're Eddie's friends. Not sure you have anything to talk to us about," Jeff said. I felt a pit form in my stomach.

"I know, I just...just five minutes, please?" I begged.

Jeff sighed and Gareth nodded, following me into an empty classroom. I turned to them and swallowed hard as they crossed their arms and glared at me. They were good friends – loyal to Eddie and true to him at all times. They were right to hate me.

"Um, so, uh, thank you for t-talking, I know, uh, you p-probably know about me and Eddie," I started. Gareth grunted in response. I cleared my throat. "I, um, I really want to make it right."

"How, Margot?" Jeff asked, his tone annoyed. "I don't want to speak for anyone, but Eddie's pretty broken up about this."

"I know," I conceded, looking down at my hands. "I have an idea."

After I had told them my plan, they were on board, joking with me and each other. I was thrilled with how much they liked my idea and had successfully gotten them to agree to their one job – get Eddie to the pep rally. They laugh when I told them, insisting that I had given them the toughest job. Eddie hated anything remotely resembling school spirit, and they often skipped the pep rallies and got stoned in Eddie's van.

I took a deep breath and continued down the hallway. Chrissy did a double take when she saw me.

"Oh, my god, I didn't even recognize you!" she exclaimed. I forced a smile. "Is that for who you're asking to the dance?"

She was pointing at the folded poster in my hand, and she tried grabbing it from me. I pulled it out of her reach and shook my head. She groaned.

"Why won't you let me know who you're asking?" she pleaded. I shook my head.

"You'll find out at the pep rally," I replied. I had secretly gotten Chrissy to agree to helping me agree without her knowing – she had gotten too excited to ask Jason and did it one day after school, squealing and throwing her arms around his neck when he said yes.

"Yeah, speaking of – should you really be wearing those? Don't you want to impress whoever you're asking?" she asked, pointing at my glasses. I flushed and pushed them up my nose. Yes, that's exactly why I should be wearing them.

"Just want to try something different," I replied. "I've got to get to class, Chris."

Before she could ask more questions, I turned on my heel and started towards class.

I was anxious all day, too distracted to pay attention to lectures or to take notes. I glanced out the door during fourth period and was surprised to see Gareth waving to get my attention. He was relieved when I finally looked over at him and he gestured for me to come talk to him. I raised my hand to go to the bathroom and grabbed the hall pass.

"What's going on?" I asked quietly once I met him in the hallway. He took a deep breath and set his hands on his hips.

"We have a problem," he said. I felt my stomach drop. "Eddie decided to skip today." 

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

2.8K 69 11
Eddie Munson x female!Henderson!reader [Stranger Things: Season 4] Dustin Henderson's older sister once dated Hawkins High School's "Freak" Eddie Mun...
75.1K 1.8K 34
Y/N Henderson lived a secluded and plain sailing life, but when your younger brother Dustin blackmails you into joining a D&D game with none other th...
2.6K 12 19
Charlie Harrington is Steve Harrington's younger sister who always sees the good in everyone she comes across with. Charlie never saw herself fallin...
24.9K 348 15
Eddie Munson was the freak of Hawkins High even before the rumors started. With the deaths of kids piling up and no one else to take the blame, the...