Attack On Titan 4 (aot x oc)

By bnha-kny-jjk

Evelyn Jaeger is the 25 year old, older sister of 9 year old Eren Jaeger. The two live in the Shiganshina Dis... More

evelyn
1- The Other Side of the Sea
2- Midnight Train
3- The Door of Hope
4- From One Hand to Another
5- Declaration of War
6- The War Hammer Titan
7- Assault
8- Assassin's Bullet
9- Brave Volunteers
10- A Sound Argument
11- Deceiver
12- Guides
13- Children of the Forest
14- Savagery
15- Sole Salvation
16- Above and Below
17- Judgement
18- Sneak Attack
19- Two Brothers
21- From You, 2000 Years Ago
22- Thaw
23- Sunset
24- Pride
25- Night of the End
26- Traitor
27- Retrospective
28- The Dawn of Humanity
29- Titans Really Are Incredible
30- The Battle of Heaven and Earth

20- Memories of the Future

353 8 0
By bnha-kny-jjk

--- the year of 835 ---

"Is he here? Did you give birth, Mother?" Evelyn asks as she runs into the room.

"He's in his cot. He just woke up in time to see you" Carla says as Evelyn drops her school bags.

Evelyn runs to the cot in the middle of the room as she peers over at her baby brother Eren who reaches up to her.

"Sit on the bed Evelyn. You can hold him that way" Grisha says as he comes into the room after picking Evelyn up from school.

"Okay" Evelyn says as she rushes onto the bed where Carla is.

Evelyn sits down next to Carla as Grisha places Eren in Evelyn's arms.

"He's so perfect!" Evelyn exclaims as Eren beams up at her, "did you decide a name?".

"Eren" Grisha says as he sits on the edge of the bed.

"I love it! He's so adorable. Hi Eren. My name's Evelyn. I'm your big sister. I'm always going to protect you" Evelyn says as she holds Eren closer to her as he tugs on the end of her hair.

"These are... Dad's memories" Eren says as he, Evelyn and Zeke watch young Evelyn.

"He sure looks happy" Zeke says jealously, "for someone who cast his family and friends into hell, that is".

"I was so happy that day. All my thoughts of you left my mind, Zeke. All I thought was of Eren in this moment" Evelyn says with a soft smile.

"Why show me this?" Eren asks Zeke.

"So that you understand" Zeke says calmly, "how Grisha Jaeger brainwashed and planted the seeds of nationalism in the two of you. I show you as much as it takes" he says as he walks to the door, "must be nice, Grisha. Here, you can live out a happy life without anyone to chastise you for forgetting your first family... even if you forgot about the son you already had. Let's go".

They make it outside as they watch Eren walk towards their Father, chasing after a butterfly as well.

"Next one" Zeke says as he walks away.

They walk through town and make it to their Father's old office where he treated his patients.

"Look, you two. This is the true him" Zeke says as the three of them watch Grisha through the window of his office, "he used to use his job as a doctor to get close to those in power-- to hunt down the King and steal the Founding titan. If he slipped up, his wife, daughter and son would suffer. But he continued nevertheless. Do you know why?".

"Because he's an asshole who'd toss his family into a ditch to restore Eldia" Eren says as he looks directly as Grisha, "I get it now. I was wrong. I never should have been born. I'm no longer brainwashed".

"We have all the time in the world. No need to rush" Zeke says as he looks at Eren.

Eren and Evelyn both look at each other as they nod, going after Zeke. They continue to watch as Grisha, Carla, Evelyn and Eren have dinner, Evelyn takes Eren to meet Hannes for the first time as Hannes dangles a bottle of wine in front of Eren's face as Eren reaches out for it. Grisha helping out Kenny Ackermann as well, unbeknownst to Evelyn who is in shock. The next memories shows Grisha going to the church where the Reiss family hid out.

"You're kidding. He tracked it down this soon?" Eren asks in disbelief.

"What is this place?" Zeke asks as he looks at Eren.

"The King of the walls' hideout" Evelyn says calmly.

"That can't be" Zeke says in disbelief, "Grisha stole the Founding titan the day the walls fell. That's years from now".

They watch as Grisha unlocks the door to the underground as he looks down. He sighs as he picks up his lantern and takes a step down.

"Father?" a female voice asks as Grisha stops.

"Evelyn?" Grisha asks as Zeke, Evelyn and Eren all stand out of the way to reveal 12 year old Evelyn stood there, out of breath, "what are you doing here?".

"I could ask you the same question. You said you'd do this when Eren was at least ten. Let Eren have his Father for at least 10 years!" Evelyn says angrily.

"Evelyn please. Don't make this any harder than it already is" Grisha says as he looks down.

"Look, you might have fucked up with Zeke but don't make the same mistake with Eren" Evelyn says as she starts to cry, "I hated Zeke for what he did to us but now, I just wish I could have my family back. I want Zeke back I want Mum back. Please Dad, just wait until Eren's 10. Give him at least ten years with you. Zeke only got five and you wasted those years. Come home. Come home to Mum and Eren. We can think about this later so just come back with me".

Grisha shuts the door to the underground as he throws his lantern into the corner and runs to Evelyn.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I just-- what if they find us? If the Marleyans track us here, everyone could be killed".

"Dad, we erased any evidence that we remained alive. To the Marleyans, we were just turned into titans and thrown off the wall" Evelyn says as she walks over, "come on Dad. We can live peacefully here. And when it's time, we'll do what we have to in order to take the Founder".

"Okay. Let's go home, Evelyn" Grisha says as he stands up and he takes Evelyn's hands, the two of them walking out of the church.

"He originally came here earlier to take the Founder. Our plan was to leave Paradis and go back to Marley in order to take revenge, which would mean leaving you and Mum alone, Eren" Evelyn says as Zeke and Eren watch Grisha and Evelyn walk away, "he was ready to give up his life once again, pack everything up and leave. But I didn't want that. I wanted to stay on Paradis with you and Mum. I was happy with the life we'd made, even if my old one was still hanging in the back of my mind. I know Father isn't a good person. He forced me to become a leader of the Restorationists, forced you into becoming a soldier Zeke, instead of allowing you to become his son and live a normal life. And years after this, he forced you to take on the Attack and Founding titan without even explaining anything. But my Father raised me as his daughter and changed my views on him. I love him because he's my Father and he's never abandoned me. I love you Zeke because you used to hug me and take care of me when Father used to yell. And I love you Eren because you're my little brother and I swore to protect you from the day you were born. But right now, we're not in Grisha's memories. We're in mind. You see Zeke, I talked to the Founder Ymir too. Turns out, she kind of likes me because of our bond. Not just the fact that I'm her descendant, but because a part of her lives inside of me. Come on. I've got a lot to show you".

They make it back to the house as they go down into the basement where Grisha is asleep at his desk.

"I see... he loved his second son enough to delay his Restorationist mission. You convinced him well, Evelyn" Zeke says as he looks at Evelyn, "a stark contrast from me. It seems he learnt from his last mistakes. However, you moved exactly how Father wanted you to. The original you is gone. Sooner or later, you'll see".

"I'm sorry..." Grisha says quietly in his sleep as Zeke stands in front of him, "I'm sorry, Zeke... Zeke..." he says as he stands up and looks directly as Zeke, "Zeke...? Is that you...?" he says as he starts to look around, "don't be silly. That bearded old man can't possibly be Zeke. This is just a dream".

"What...?" Zeke asked stunned.

"Next one" Eren says as he walks to the door, "next one, Zeke".

The three of them walk out of the house as they start to see more of Evelyn's memories.

"At this point, you were nine" Evelyn says as she watches nine year old Eren and Armin wave at her when she was 19, "Father loved you and let you grow freely, unlike what he did with Zeke and I. I thought he was atoning for what he did in the past, so I let it be. I never questioned him. I knew we had our goal and one day we were going to achieve it".

"But to think the two of you were never brainwashed by him..." Zeke says as he looks at Evelyn.

"I told you this was pointless before we started wandering years of Evelyn's memories. But now I realise it's just Evelyn keeping us here" Eren says as he looks at Evelyn.

"In that case, why did you betray me?" Zeke asks as he keeps calm, "your Father told you nothing and made you inherit a titan, yet you're fighting just like we wants? Eren, why do you oppose ending the conflict? What were you planning to do with the Founder's power?".

"I am... who I've always been... from the moment I was born" Eren says as the three of them go to the next memory where Eren stands over the body of the man he'd killed in order to save Evelyn and Mikasa, much to Zeke's shock, "you may have thought we were the same, but you're wrong. Rather than letting someone steal my freedom, I'll steal their's first".

"Do you have any idea what you've done?" Grisha asks as he holds onto young Eren's shoulders.

"My Dad didn't make me like that" Eren says as he and Zeke walk out of the cabin, "I've been this way since birth".

"Since birth...?" Zeke questions as he watches young Eren and Grisha fight over if what Eren and Evelyn did was right or wrong.

"You won't find the pathetic little brother you were hoping for. Nor a convenient little brother to share your emotional scars with" Eren says as Zeke walks towards Grisha and young Eren, "all I see is a man who can't accept himself until he denies his Father's wish to restore Eldia. A pathetic man still haunted by his dead Father".

"In that case, said man is grateful to his Father" Zeke says as Grisha hugs young Eren, "for the Father's actions opened his son's eyes so he may save the world from the threat of Eldia. In a way, it's that Father who saved the world. Don't you think it's a bit ironic, Eren?".

The next memory is when Grisha finally made the decision to go take the Founder the day the wall fell.

"I'm an Eldian that came from outside of the wall alongside my daughter!" Grisha says as he looks at the Reiss family, "I'm a Subject of Ymir, just like you all! The King of the Walls! Please, you have to kill the titans attacking the walls! Before my wife and children...! Before the people of the walls are killed!".

"We mustn't escape out sins!" Freida says as her eyes glow purple, "judgement day has come for the Subjects of Ymir. When it comes to great power, people are weak. I realised something from the Great Titan War: we mustn't allow the Power of the Titans to fall into people's hands. If the Founder's power falls again into weak hands, To save the world, we must accept our sins and welcome our ruin".

"I live there with my wife, son and daughters. The people of the walls don't know their ancestors sins!" Grisha says as he tries to bargain with her, "because you erased all of their memories! You think the ignorant getting eaten by titans is atonement?".

"No. No matter how much we repent, it won't bring back any of the lives that the Eldians stole" Freida says as she looks at Grisha, "however, we can prevent more lives from being stolen beyond the walls. If we remain ignorant and accept the world's hatred, it's only use Eldians who need to die. It's pointless to try and persuade me. And even if you steal the Founding titan, you can't-".

"I know. I know I can't use the Founding titan's power" Grisha says calmly, "each of the nine titans has its own special trait- including the Attack titan within me. For ages, the inheritors of the Attack titan have never bowed to anyone. And I know the reason why: to fight the King's self-righteousness" he says as Eren walks by him, "yes. We were led by our memories- for this moment. The Attack titan can glimpse into the memories of its future inheritors. In other words, it's able to know the future".

"Know... the future? Did you know about this, Evelyn?" Zeke asks as he looks at Evelyn.

"I've known ever since I was five. It was plain as day. And it made more sense when Eren became friends with Armin and we saved Mikasa" Evelyn says as she watches Eren, not bothered by the fact that he is extremely bothered by this.

"I knew you weren't aware of that too" Grisha says as he looks at Frieda, "and seeing how you're bound by the vow renouncing war, you can't fully use the Founding titan's power either. This is where I eat the Founder and end the royal bloodline, allowing my daughter to one day start another. One free from the King's brainwashing. That future is already decided!".

"Run!" Freida yells as Grisha throws his hand up and goes to stab himself in order to turn when he stops himself.

"I can't... kill children" Grisha says as he falls to his knees, "I'm... a doctor who saves lives".

"What are you doing, Frieda? Hurry and kill that man!" Rod says from behind Frieda, "the Founder is unmatched! Kill him! Don't let him leave this place alive! Hurry up and kill him! Our paradise will be destroyed! Frieda! You've got to protect us!".

"What are you doing? Stand up, Dad!" Eren says as he kneels down next to Grisha and puts his hand on his shoulder, "did you forget what you came here to do? To avenge your little sister eaten by dogs! For your comrades. Kruger. Dina. To avenge them. You keep moving forward. Even if you die. Even after death" he says as Grisha grabs the scalpel, "aren't you the one who started this story?".

The three of them make it outside as they watch Grisha run away from his titan.

"I killed them!" Grisha yells as he stumbles around, "even the little kids! With my own hands! Eren! I killed the Reiss family! All but the Father! Are you happy now? Is this what you wanted? Will Eldia really be saved because of this?" he says as he looks down, "why won't you show me everything? The wall being destroyed... the day it happens... if Carla is safe... if Evelyn survives the attack on the wall... was this really the only way?" he says as Zeke stands in front of him, "you're there, aren't you Zeke? From here on, things won't go your way. Eren will get everything he wants. The only person who has any chance of stopping him is Evelyn but the only way she can do that is if she makes contact with the Founder Ymir".

"What... did you say?" Zeke asks in shock.

"I saw Eren's memories of what comes next" Grisha says as he looks up at Zeke, "but I never imagined it would be so terrible" he says as he gasps, "Zeke...?" he asks as he stands up, "is that you? How you've grown! I'm sorry... I was a terrible Father. The things I put you through were so cruel" he says as he hugs Zeke tightly, "Zeke... I love you. If only I had spent more time with you...".

"Father" Zeke says as he starts to cry.

"Father. Can you see me too?" Evelyn asks from behind them.

Grisha lets go of Zeke as he turns and spots Evelyn.

"Evelyn. What are you doing here? Why are you here?" Grisha asks as he looks at her.

"Father" Evelyn says as she starts to cry, running to Grisha, hugging him tightly, "I'm so sorry that I couldn't protect everyone. I couldn't deter Eren from his path. But I promise you this. I will stop Eren. Even if it means I die and join you".

"Father!" young Evelyn yells from behind them, "Father, did you do it?".

"Evelyn!" Grisha yells as he pushes Evelyn away and runs over to young Evelyn, forgetting she or Zeke were ever there.

"Father, you did it! The power of the Founding titan is in our hands! With this, we won't have to be scared of anything anymore. We can live freely within the walls without having to kill anyone. We can carry on our lives" Evelyn says as she hugs Grisha.

"You're proud of me?" Grisha asks in disbelief.

"Of course! Look. Even though I can't inherit the Founding titan, within time, we can explain to Eren why we're doing what we're doing and where we come from. But I don't want to have to force it upon him" Evelyn says as she hears a branch snap nearby.

Evelyn snaps her head in the direction as she spots Rod watching them. Evelyn scowls as she grabs her dagger out of boot and tries to go after Rod.

"Evelyn, stop. It's okay. We can protect the founding titan from him. He has no army he can raise now. His family is dead" Grisha says as Evelyn nods.

There is an electric shock between the three of them as they are all thrown back into the Paths again. Evelyn and Zeke fall to the ground as they look at Eren who looms over the two of them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.1K 876 40
After discovering her power, Emma and Eren find a way off the paradise island. Towards the other titan shifters. Emma was the key to help them free...
7K 148 13
Evelyn Jaeger is the 25 year old, older sister of 9 year old Eren Jaeger. The two live in the Shiganshina District in a part of Wall Rose, one of the...
69.3K 2.3K 21
- UNDER HEAVY EDITING. "so let us keep fighting, because until humanity gives up, we have not lost this war." you ran away from marley to start a new...
179K 6.1K 106
─── 𝐖𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐎𝐟 𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐨𝐦 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐬𝐲𝐦𝐛𝐨𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐞, 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 A child born from the outsi...