HIDDEN | prince caspian

By Icouldntthink0faname

"No, no I mean. You're Narnian's?" Caspian stated, looking at the three occupying the room. "No way, didn't k... More

HIDDEN
part one
001.
002.
003.
004.
005.
006.
007.
008.
010.
011.
012.
013.

009.

795 25 0
By Icouldntthink0faname

ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏɴᴇ : ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ
ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʜɪᴛᴇ ᴡɪᴛᴄʜ

Caspian was right, the hit on Lynetta's side was much more than just a scratch and, despite the stitches she got from it, she still claimed it wasn't that big of a deal.

Lynetta was now asleep, laid on a bed in the so-called infirmary. The blood loss mixed with all the fighting had really warn her out, so she was completely knocked out. Not even the noise of shouting Narnian's could awake her.

Nothing could wake the girl.

Until, suddenly, she jumped up in her sleep, clutching her chest. It felt cold, and dead. Something was happening and it wasn't good.

Lynetta stumbled out of the bed, clutching on object to walk herself out of the room she was in. She wrapped her hand around her sword as she continued down the corridor, thinking that perhaps having it could come in handy. Leaning against the wall for help, she continued her walk towards the funny feeling. "Lynetta?" Someone called. "Why are you up?"

Turning around Lynetta noticed the person speaking to her was Susan, although the voice gave that away anyway. Lynetta pushed herself off the wall and balanced on her two feet. "I'm fine, that's why i'm up." She replied loonily. Susan just raised an eyebrow.

The girl began to speak when she heard a strange noise in the distance. "You hear that, right?" Susan asked, hoping she wasn't going crazy. Lynetta tuned her ears to the chanting noises come from down the corridor. "I do." Lynetta nodded her head. "And I can tell you now it isn't good."

Lynetta began running towards the room, now barley stumbling. Her mind was concentrated on getting to that room. On the race there, she had unseated her sword, ready to face whatever was in the room.

As she drew closer the pain in her chest grew, alerting her to the dangers that were around the corner. Yet that didn't make Lynetta slow her pace, it made her speed up. She knew Caspian was in there and she needed to help him.

Lynetta could feel the dark magic in the room, fighting against hers. Lynetta pushed through her nausea and entered the room. The scene in the room was shocking, an ice sheet spread upwards against one of the walls. Inside the ice sheet stood the white witch, Lynetta could recognise her from the books and paintings.

Opposite the witch stood Caspian, his hand was outstretched to the witch (dripping in what Lynetta guessed was blood). Lynetta went to call out, for whatever happening was surely not good, but someone beat her to it.

"Stop! Caspian stop." Peter had now ran in, followed by Edmund, Lucy and Trumpkin. At his cry the occupants of the room turned and faced them.

The weird looking creature and a wold began to run toward the children, while Trumpkin went after Nikabrik - someone she once trusted. Lynetta sprung into action with the rest, sprinting towards Caspian.

The prince hadn't noticed the fights happening right beside him, he was too fixated on the witch. He was stuck in a haze, like he was under a spell. When she surveyed him, she noticed him stood inside a white circle. Lynetta knew that circle wasn't something he needed to be stood in.

Just before the witches scrawny fingers could grasp Caspian, Lynetta tackled him. Both falling to the floor with a bump. Caspian blinked rapidly, looking around in confusion before his eyes met Lynetta's. Lynetta's face painted a bright red when she realised the position they were in; Lynetta was sprawled half on top of Caspian, she hurriedly untangled their limbs and got off the boy.

Lynetta cleared her throat and but her lip awkwardly. Caspian coughed. "You alright?" Lynetta asked a blushing Caspian. Caspian nodded, "Yeah, fine." He pushed himself off the floor and stood upright.

The boy went to speak again, but stopped and pulled Lynetta close to him. He covered her head with his hands as the ice sheet shattered, the broken ice raining down upon them. The two turned to look at where the sheet once stood.

"I know." Edmund began. "You had it covered." The boy stood with a smug grin, looking at his brother, who looked relieved.

∘°∘♡∘°∘∘°∘♡∘°∘

Soon after, a worried Edmund came and called for everyone. It was known the the Telmarine's were making ground - how much? They didn't yet know but they knew they had to prepare themselves.

While Lynetta had spent most years of her life dreaming of this, a chance to watch Telmarines fall, she couldn't help but worry. It all felt so real now.

All the royals stood at the peak of the mountain. In the distance, they watched as the biggest army they had ever seen marched towards them. Thousands of soldiers, cladded in silver armour and blue and green shields held at their side. They all seemed so unified and put together, Lynetta even let a ounce of doubt slip into her mind.

Their loud marching was audible even from the distance they stood at. Overpowered by the sound of the wooden weapons that were being dragged by the soldiers. Lynetta hoped their plan would be enough to outsmart them, for their weapons looked as if they could cause a lot of damage.

Everyone shared the same expression, each face filled with fear, panic and worry. The atmosphere filled each of the royals and mirrored how everyone inside the How felt too. To calm her nerves Lynetta felt herself reaching for Caspian's hand, he eagerly grasped hers - he too finding comfort in the act.

Even when they moved inside the How their hands didn't drop, still clasped together tightly.

"Cakes and kettledrums. That's your big plan?" Trumpkin demanded, raising his voice. "Sending a little girl into the darkest parts of the forest alone?"

"She won't be alone." Lynetta spoke. "I will accompany her." Trumpkin scowled, not happy with the arrangement. "That's as good as sending her alone." He spoke.

Lynetta raised an eyebrow at the dwarf, her eyes changed to a vibrant gold. And suddenly Trumpkin found himself floating in the air. "I think I am capable." Caspian squeezed the girls hand, to calm her and she let the dwarf down.

"Haven't enough died already?" Trumpkin said, this time his tone being calmer. He looked at Lucy fearfully. "Nikabrik was my friend too, but he lost hope." Trufflehunter reasoned. "Lucy hasn't and she will be safe with Netta. You know she will, you have seen her grow." Trumpkin nodded.

"We have to hold them off until Lucy and Lynetta get back. Susan will be leading the archers."

Caspian unhooked his hand from Lynetta's, moving forwards. "If I may..." Caspian began, both missing the warmth that came from one another. "Miraz may be a tyrant and a murderer but, as a king, he is subject to the traditions and expectations of his people. There is one in particular that may buy us some time."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.9K 2K 11
It had been awhile since Y/n, Peter, and the other Pevensie siblings since they left Narnia. They all miss the place a lot. What happens when on a sc...
49.5K 1.1K 11
Y/n, Edmund, and the other Pevensie siblings haven't been to Narnia in awhile. And they all miss it. They miss the adventure, the creatures. Everythi...
458K 9.8K 62
"Ed, if you don't shut up-" There was a smile of amusement on her face. "Yeah, what are you gonna do about it?" Her eyebrows drew in and there was a...
157K 3.2K 30
A Reader X Edmund Pevensie FanFic starting in the setting of the film Prince Caspian. This will be an ongoing series! I am open to suggestions and re...