Written in the Stars (EldenRi...

By Lotus_Horizon

Y/N embarks with Melina on a quest to find a tarnished to become Elden Lord to fulfill their purpose. Y/N, yo... More

Chapter 0: The Elden Ring
Chapter 2: Guided by Grace
Chapter 3: Journey
Chapter 4: Growth
Chapter 5: The Lord You Deserve
Chapter 6: Family Matters
Chapter 7: A Minor Mishap
Chapter 8: What Used To Be
Chapter 9: Margit the Fell
Chapter 10: Dragon Slayer
Chapter 11: Where it Began
Chapter 12: Coastal Cave
Chapter 13: Old Flame
Art Chapter

Chapter 1: The Lands Between

6.4K 228 130
By Lotus_Horizon

  You rode on the back of the spectral steed torrent as you accompanied a companion of yours known as Melina in search of something in these ruins.

Y/N: Why are we roaming these ruins again, are thou even certain that what you search for even dwells beneath?

Melina: I am certain. Just trust me on this, there will be a tarnished warrior here that will help us in both of our goals.

Y/N: Hmph. Then let thy will be done I suppose. I just can't wait to escape this dreary place. I'd enjoy seeing the light of day once more.

  You snuggle closer to Melina, leaning your head on her back, exhausted from your travels.

Melina: Calm yourself. You shall get what you desire soon, all though I do pray we find our Tarnished soon.

Y/N: Thou art putting our lives in the hands of a lowly tarnished, now that is something I never thought I'd go along with, thou must be insane if you think that'll work. Have I not done enough for you in this venture?

Melina: Must you be so dramatic?

Y/N: . . . Sorry, forgive my impudence. I haven't rested in some time, I only say that I hope we find this tarnished soon, otherwise-

*Splash*

  You and Melina hear a splash off in the distance, though you feel uncertain about it, you both move forward, looking down, you and Melina notice a woman in the water, sprawled out and hardly anything to cover her body.

  You leap off of torrent and flip the woman over, examining her features closer. Your eyes widened greatly at the sight of the maiden before you. Her beautiful face, her pale skin, and long dark raven-like hair. They bared the appearance of someone who has seen their fair share of hardships, yet they seem as though life had thrown them out long ago.

  You trace your fingers across their face, then down their arms and body, feeling for anything magical that they may offer, but they do not yield anything special.

Melina: It seems fate shines on us this day (Y/N).

Y/N: This is the tarnished we were promised? Hmm. She is. . . odd. But still, they lay naked in water with the only item they bear being a club? How are we to trust that this is fate?

Melina: Have faith. One of her kind is sure to seek out the Elden Ring. I am leaving them in your care for now. Be sure to guide them out of this place, the road ahead is long, but you and I shall meet again very soon. Keep them safe, for you are caring for the next Elden Lord. Besides, here I thought you'd be happy helping a woman with little to no clothing on.

  Melina leaves you with the tarnished as you cradle them in your grasp. You examined their features further as you just held them and waited for them to awaken. Not too much time passes as you feel yourself drifting in and out of slumber, though you feel them squirm a bit in your arms, looking down at the tarnished warrior.

  As their eyes open, their blue eyes land on your golden eyes, lightly mesmerized by their glow. It was weird that this person was who you and Melina had been searching for, but they were only that of a Tarnished. They stood up to their feet as you continued to observe them a bit closer.

Tarnished: Mmm. . . H-Huh? Who are you?

Y/N: Rise and shine warrior. My name is (Y/N). Rejoice, as you are in the presence of a demi god. And this god has chosen you Tarnished, rise and embark on an epic quest with me through the lands between on a quest for-

  You look down at the tarnished as she just looks at you with a less than impressed face, looking more confused than impressed.

Y/N: What's is with thy face?

Tarnished: S-Sorry. Just confused. B-But it is great to meet GAH!!!

  (Art by me)

  You watch as the Tarnished trips over the rubble, causing them to fall to the ground.

  A sigh escapes your lips as you just move on.

Y/N: Just stand to your feet. I honestly don't know why she even thinks thou art the warrior that is promised to us, but whatever, here take this.

  You hand her a flask of crimson tears, and a flask of Cerulean Tears.

Y/N: That should heal any ailment you have, or heal your injuries and what not. And the other will restore your powers Now, I have a task for you to complete before we go.

  The Tarnished, still confused by your presence, their current location and the area around them follows you nonetheless. You being their best chance of survival. They follow you until you noticed a hole on the side, a cave of sorts.

Y/N: Tarnished. Look down there.

  The tarnished looks down into the cave, squinting their eyes only to receive a push as they fall downward into the cave, landing roughly on their back.

Y/N: If you truly are destined to be Elden Lord, do me this small task. Make your way through this tunnel and back to me, then I shall aid you further, and tell you what you need to know. Or you'll die. I'll be waiting for you up here.

Tarnished: H-HEY!! You can't just leave me here!

Y/N: Then find your way out little girl. Or art thou afraid of what troubles lurk beneath? I do not require a frightened tarnished in my quest. I'm sure there are many more of your ilk that I can make my way through and find the correct Elden Lord.

  The Tarnished grit her teeth as she picked up her club, and made her way through the tunnels as you awaited for her on the surface.

Y/N: 'Hmm, maybe I shouldn't have done that, now I'll have to wait even longer for them. This is such a chore, if thou really are to be the Elden Lord, then we should just take them straight to the Erdtree now should we not?'

. . . .

Y/N: 'No, there's still my brother protecting it. I doubt he'd listen. But then there's the tree itself, that wretched thing. I swear, Marika really made a dogs dinner of the realm by shattering that damn ring. This journey holds the fate of the realm in it, and if Marika won't fix this mess, then I will. I just hope this Tarnished is the right one, if thou perishes here, then Melina will be irritated in needing to find another one. 

  Resting at the steps of the door, you hear something hit the floor, looking over, you see the wretched tarnished, dripping with blood and an angry expression in their eyes.

Y/N: Congratulations, you passed. That is wonderful to see.

  The Tarnished swings their club at you, which you dodge with ease.

Tarnished: Fuck off. I don't care who or what you are, if you kick be into any other hole I swear on the lords I'll be the one to end you!

Y/N: With all due respect lady Tarnished, I doubt you'd be able to even touch me in your current state. Speaking of, we really need to get you some clothes, as much as I like what I see, I'd rather it be for my eyes only and no other. Then you'd need some weapons, and then proper training and form. You look like a blood thirsty beast right now. 

  You take off your hood, allowing your dark hair to fall, the Tarnished's annoyed expression changes as they see your face, growing surprised at your appearance. You (h/c) hair with a streak of blond in it, your golden eyes that pierce the dark, surrounded by shadow from your sleepless nights, your perfect smooth skin all toped off by the golden band you wore around your head like a crown. Your beauty could rival that of anyone it seemed.

Tarnished: 'He's gorgeous.'

Y/N: Enjoying the view? Not that I can blame you, you are in the presence of the best demigod. My looks put Marika herself to shame, and my brilliance rivals that of the highest minds at Rya Lucaria. 

Tarnished: 'Shame his humility is that of a spoiled brat.' 

  You grab the Tarnished by her hand, examining her arms and poking at her body.

Y/N: Hmm, average height, average build in muscle mass, your speaking means thy aren't entirely brain dead. Your skin is smooth. Mayhaps you can be a Lord. Or, Lady in this case. Come along, let us embark.

  Leading the Tarnished through the cave and out of the area, arriving at an elevator. You walk on the pressure plate sending you and the Tarnished to the higher levels. You approach the door as you turned to your Tarnished companion.

Tarnished: What?

Y/N: The door. I'd do it myself, but I need to make sure you are capable of actually opening an entry way.

  They grew internally tired of your attitude as they walked over to the door. Squatting down and lifting the metal upward, as you admired the view from behind. Sunlight fills the room as your eyes adjust from being in darkness as wind blows by, sailing through your hair and outfit.

Y/N: Ah. Welcome to Limgrave. 

  Wind sails through the Tarnished warriors hair as they take in the sights of the Lands Between. Traces of gold in the air for them to see.

Y/N: You'll be taking the lead for most of this venture. Now, onward, where will your grace guide us to next?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22 0 10
A young, devout knight of the Finger Order crosses paths with the maddening Three Fingers. Cursed and defiled, she is given one chance for redemption...
12.7K 477 14
In a time before the rise of the Hunters, knights were forced to fight the abominations that were known as Beasts. But it was a slaughter. Knights st...
415 2 50
As the lowly Tarnished traverses The Lands between they uncover secrets that baffle and bemuse them. They find the ashes of a spirit long forgotten b...
1.6K 96 26
OWNFOANEO Okay I got this idea bc of an assignment I'm doing in my English class so I was like ykw lemme just write the full story 😭😭 idk how long...