The Fall- Robby Keene

By charlieburns44

again- I do not own the characters in cobra kai, all credit goes to the directors and Netflix. if you liked s... More

introduction
meeting them
would you?
lying
halloween dance
grounded
pizza
friends
new things
double dates
emotional rollercoaster
misunderstanding
The Cayon
all valley
idiota
valley fest
tell me
broken heart
forgiveness
ruined again
robby
missing you.
letting you go
Topanga
letter to you
the card
letters
seeing you
parole (pt.1)
parole (pt.2)
why are you like this?
opening up
cobra kai
mouse and cat
dirty dancing
enemies? or friends?
middle schoolers
blast from the past
forgiveness
broken parts
pure pressure
after party
found it (1)
found it (2)
breaking down
back to the letters
court
'teach me'
losing you
written letters
fri'end'
written letters (2)
over it
never again
forgiving
back to square one
a wise talk
fallout
not so merry christmas
It's Christmas
by your side
johnson's kid
robby's letter
what are you afraid of?
unspoken secret
burned to ashes
trust
18th

the goodbye

148 2 0
By charlieburns44

A week passed since the whole incident; Robby gets sent to State in less than 3 days. It was nerve wrecking to think about, but I was too focused on how he was going to feel than myself. I'm still home, I figured that Xander needed the time to figuring out things with Alex, so I chose to stay here and deal with my mother's wrath. I didn't see her much though considering I usually was in my room or working at my part time job. I took this week off though so that I could see Robby as much as possible before he leaves. Today was one of those days. I got myself ready and stole his Misfits shirt with his dark black and army green flannel. I chuckled to myself as I realized he wore this when he walked me around town when I first moved here. That thought alone made me smile. I was already in my car and driving to the correctional center, I was both nervous and excited to see him. I got out and Riley greeted me as I walked in. I took my usually seat and waited, Robby came out and looked at me. He gave me a short smile before sitting down, I already knew something was up.

Julia- What did you do?

Robby- Is that my shirt?

Julia- I asked a question first. What did you do?

He sighed and looked at me, I didn't say anything until he answered my question. 

Robby- I punched my lawyer. 

Julia- What?!

Robby- Look I got pissed off and just punched her. I didn't mean to, but it just happened. 

I was in disbelief that he did that. I didn't put it past him to punch someone but his lawyer who's a girl at that? What was this kid thinking?

Julia- Robert! You just fucked up you're sentencing even more by doing that! Why did you do that?!

Robby- I know I know, okay? She was telling me about how the judge was upping my sentence and I got pissed. She kept going on and on about how it's my fault for not telling the judge sooner which I know that but her rubbing it in my face was pissing me off, so I just did it. Nothing we can do now to change that.

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. I looked at the table before looking back at him.

Julia- I'll just say this now before I forget to, but mom burned all the letters you wrote me besides the Christmas one.

Robby- Of course she did. I love your Yaya but sometimes I question how the hell she made your mother the way she is.

Julia- You aren't the only one.

He chuckled as he took my hand that was on the table and intertwined our fingers. 

Robby- Well I'll just have to write you alot more while I'm gone than, make up for the missing ones.

That sentence should have been endearing but hearing him speak about leaving brought it more to reality. I let out a shaky breath as I tightened my grip on his hand.

Julia- Have you tried calling your mom?

Robby- She called, and we talked for a bit. But that was two days ago, she pretty much said her goodbyes than.

Julia- Well at least you got to talk to her.

He nodded and started to play with my fingers that was holding onto his hand.

Robby- Johnson pretty much let me go. She took me off her case and so now I have a new PO, I met him yesterday.

Julia- Was he nice?

Robby- He was strict, that's for sure. His names Charles (if ykyk) so I already know I'm screwed.

I bite back a chuckle at his disgusted look when he said his name. 

Julia- Uh so little update on my hectic of a life, Xander kicked me out of his house after the whole Johnson finding out about him and Alex, so I have been staying at home. But then I went to the basketball court, and he was there playing ball, so I pretty much forced him to talk to me and we brushed the shit under the rug. 

Robby- That's the fastest I have heard you two make up. Are you living with him again or?

Julia- No, I'm giving him time to fix things with Alex and it's nice to be home with Yaya and Miguel again. I don't usually see mom, so I don't have to worry about her that much which is always nice.

Robby nodded and looked at me, he didn't say anything at first but when I opened my mouth to do so he spoke.

Robby- Have you talked to Moon at all? I haven't heard about her since the fight.

Julia- Nope, we are pretty much living our own lives. She does her thing and I do mine. It sucks because she was one of my first friends here, but things change.

Robby- You could always try to talk to her, you know? That way you aren't alone when I go.

Julia- I'm not alone, Robby. I have Xander and my family. 

He gave me this look, but I looked away choosing not to address it. He let out a sigh before changing the subject.

Robby- Are you uh still training Anthony?

Julia- Again no, he joined karate with your dad and Daniel, so I have just been working and hiding out.

He nodded again. We didn't say anything at first, we were just enjoying each other's company. Honestly, there wasn't much more that could be said right now. We stayed like this till visiting hours were coming to an end. I sighed and looked at him, he had this look of dread on his face. I reluctantly let go of his hand before standing up, he did the same. He walked around the table and hugged me; I didn't hesitate to hug back.

Robby- I don't want you to see me the day I leave, that will be too hard on the both of us. 

Julia- So this is our goodbye than, huh?

I could feel him tighten his grip on my waist making me let out a shaky breath.

Julia- I can't believe your leaving.

Robby- Yeah me either but Johnson screwed me over, so this is where we are at.

I pulled back slightly, my arms still around his neck whilst his arms were still around my waist. 

Julia- Try to be careful, okay? I know those assholes are going to be ready to give you hell when you get there.

Robby- I'll be okay. Don't worry about me so much, you need to worry about you. Like work, maybe even getting your GED so you can actually get a decent job. Try to make more friends so you aren't hiding in your room.

Julia- If that's what you want me to do than I'll do it.

He smiled and placed his forehead on mine. It was a kind gesture that sent butterflies to my stomach, cheesy I know.

Robby- Just don't forget about me, okay?

Julia- I could never forget about you, Robby.

Robby chuckled before he pulled away. I looked at him as he was already looking at me. He leaned in and placed a short but sweet kiss on my lips before fully pulling away. I smiled as I watched him walk to the doors. I let out a shaky breath before walking out of the correctional center and got in my car. I started to drive till I got home, I got out and walked to my door but stopped and looked at Johnny's. I don't know what provoked me to do this, but I did it anyways. I walked to his door and went in; he was sitting on his couch with a beer watching TV but paused it and looked at me confused.

Johnny- Julia, what are you doing here? How did you get in?

Julia- Door was unlocked. 

Johnny- Okay than what are you doing here?

Julia- Robby goes to State in 3 well now two days. You need to go see him.

Johnny sighed and stood up, he walked by me and into his kitchen as he put his empty beer can on his counter.

Johnny- He doesn't want to see me.

Julia- You don't know that you barely even tried. He is about to be sent to State, stop acting like a grown toddler and go see your son.

Johnny- Again, he doesn't want to see me. How can I see someone who don't wanna see me?

Julia- You put your foot down and make him see you. He's scared, Johnny. He's about to be sent to a place alone with guys that want to kick his ass, he needs someone other than me to tell him that he isn't fully alone. Can you please for once be a good dad and go see him?

Johnny- A good dad? I'm the reason he's in there.

Julia- Yeah, no shit, you're the one that took him to Mexico.

Johnny- No, not that.

I looked at him confused as he sighed and looked at me.

Julia- What are you on about?

Johnny- When Robby was expelled from school for selling molly, I got the call. I knew he was doing all that stuff.

Julia- Wait you knew, and you didn't do anything to stop it?

Johnny- He was with his mom at the time, I just didn't think it was my place.

I was fuming. My blood boiled hearing his words. He knew all this time but never tried to help him. I moved from my spot and shoved Johnny back, he stumbled a little but didn't stop me.

Julia- You knew, and you didn't help him!? He was 16, Johnny! It doesn't matter if he was with his mom or not! She was never there anyways! You were his only chance of getting out and you just let him do it! 

Johnny- He wasn't on good terms with me, if I even tried to help, he would have just pushed me away.

I pushed him again.

Julia- That doesn't matter! You should have still tried! He needed someone and you knew but you didn't do anything! You are a piece of shit of a dad for that!

Johnny- I know. I should have helped him, I just didn't, and I can't change that.

I shoved him again but harder this time causing him to fumble back and hit his back on the wall.

Julia- God I'm so sick of people saying that. I don't care if you can't change it, you can still take responsibly for it and try to make things right.

Johnny- Alright alright I'll go see him, just stop pushing me. 

Julia- Good.

He sighed and walked around me before heading out the door, I let my smirk dropped as the door closed. I looked around at the apartment before walking down the hall. I stood in front of Robby's door and opened it; his room hasn't changed since I was last in it which was good. I walked in fully and sat down on his bed. I let out another shaky breath as the tears finally filled my eyes, I bit my lip to try and suppress the sound that wanted to come out. The tears began to fall and hit my legs as everything finally hit me at once. He was gone, and there's nothing I can do about it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 24 21
Exactly what the title says. I don't own Eli or cobra kai all rights to the creators and netflix. warning some of the chapters have swearing in the...
272K 12.5K 30
-πŽππ„π‘π€π“πˆπŽπ π†π‘π€πƒπ”π€π“πˆπŽπ ʳᡒᡇᡇʸ ᡏᡉᡉⁿᡉ "𝙔𝙀π™ͺ π™£π™šπ™šπ™™...
441K 5.6K 22
Y/n moved back into California after her mom passed away with her dad and older brother. She finds a dojo called cobra Kai and finds out some classma...
22K 209 52
I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE CHARACTERS TO THE MIGHTY DUCKS- ALL CREDIT GOES TO DISNEY AND THE WRITERS. this is written on a laptop so sorry if the spaci...