The Founders Four

By Hadrius_Peverell

On a dark and stormy night, the staff and students of Hogwarts were taken by surprise when four mysterious fi... More

Chapter 01: Deep Magic
Chapter 02: Reactions
Chapter 03: Explanations
Chapter 04: Explanations II
Chapter 05: The New World
Chapter 06: Decisions
Chapter 07: Reflections
Chapter 08: A peek into the past
Chapter 09: Salazar's Tale
Chapter 10: Introductions
Chapter 11: Reactions and Q&A Session
Chapter 12: Chamber of Secret
Chapter 13: The Attack
Chapter 14: Healing and OMG
Chapter 15: Don't do that to us
Chapter 17: A little history lesson
Chapter 18: From Good to Worst I
Chapter 19: Unanticipated Revelations.
Chapter 20: It's Harry
Chapter 21: The anticipation
Chapter 22: Heir or not
Chapter 23: A trip to the Forest
Chapter 24: The War

Chapter 16: The Request and the Test

1.1K 55 2
By Hadrius_Peverell

Breakfast the next morning was a quiet affair in the Great Hall. Every one of the pupils were wondering why Salazar Slytherin had not turned up yesterday with the resident potions master of the school.

Every student was curious and eager to know more about the founder of the Slytherin house. However if you asked some of the Gryffindor students then they would vehemently deny it.

The teachers were another matter altogether. Unlike the students, they knew the whereabouts of the Founder of the house of cunning and ambition. However, in a radical shift from yesterday, when they were determined to ignore Salazar, they were now just as, if not more, curious about the fourth founder.

The subject of everyone's curiosity looked healthy and well after taking numerous potions, and a good night's rest in his beloved chambers. He was currently busy eating his breakfast seemingly oblivious to the attention he was gaining.

As it was a weekend, the students and teachers slowly drifted out of the hall to various parts of the castle.

The founders made their way to the headmaster's office.

When they entered the office they found that the headmaster was accompanied by a majority of his staff and Mr and Mrs Weasley. This did not surprise them as they knew that everyone would be curious about the details of yesterday's event and especially Salazar's role in it.

So after conjuring comfortable armchairs for themselves, Salazar opened the conversation for the day.

"I understand that the purpose of this meeting is for me to explain yesterday's events and especially my role in it. Am I right, headmaster?"

"Indeed, my lord."

Salazar started his tale from the beginning when he had gone to his chambers to assess the damage as Professor Snape did not have lessons till evening (Snape confirmed this by nodding).

"As I was walking through the halls I got a bad feeling, as if something wasn't quite right and something bad was about to happen. Now you must understand that I am not a seer but my mother was a seer. Not many knew about that of course."

Not noticing or ignoring the intrigued expressions on the staff's face upon finding out a hitherto unknown fact about him, Salazar continued. "My mother was also good at potions. So when she realised that I had partly inherited her skill allowing me to get only a feeling about the future, she invented a potion.

"This potion is easy to make but recreates the effects of a true seer's vision based on the feeling of a seeker; in this case the seeker would be me. Now yesterday when I got that feeling I decided to brew the potion as soon as possible to know the reason behind this feeling of mine."

"However, owing to the condition of the chambers this was not possible for some time. So, after a few hours, when the potion was finally ready, I used it and saw the ensuing battle in Hogsmead. I recognised the place as it was near the entrance to the Chamber's infirmary that we had created to enable us to transport the injured quickly. Furthermore, I also saw the faces of the teachers of this school."

Salazar paused for few moments before continuing, to drink some water and also to give everyone some time to let the information sink in. Snape seemed very interested in the aforementioned potion. The others were amazed that the infamous founder has some seer blood in him.

Salazar then went on to explain why he didn't call for help and what happened when he reached the scene of the battle. He briefly explained that the attacker was going to use some curse on the only female professor there when Professor Black helped and got hit with sicco curse. He also explained that he cast a volley of spells and the attackers quickly retreated and after their retreat how he put stasis charm on Sirius and Mr Weasley.

"I suppose you know what happened after that"

Salazar sat back to allow everyone time to gather their thoughts and let the information sink in.

After a few moments Dumbledore was first to break the silence.

"Thank you for the very insightful account on yesterday's events Lord Slytherin. I would like to thank you for helping my staff and would like to introduce you to Mr and Mrs Weasley; the red haired couple that you saved yesterday." Saying so Dumbledore nodded towards the Weasleys.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Lord Slytherin and thank you for saving us yesterday." Mr Weasley said courteously

"I hope you are feeling better now, Mr Weasley?" Salazar inquired

"Yes I am, Lord Slytherin, but I hope that you are feeling better as well." Mr Weasley replied a little anxiously, hoping he had not crossed the line and angered the young founder.

However Salazar smiled at him before replying with a little smugness in his tone

"I am as good as new, Mr Weasley."

"I will be the judge of that Sal, after I have tested you. I suppose it is the time for that now, isn't it?" Godric cut in with a stern voice.

"Of course Ric, whatever you say" Salazar replied half mockingly.

"Headmaster, if there are no further questions or urgent issues that require our attention now, then I would like to take your leave. Salazar here needs to give a test to prove that what he claims about his health is indeed true." Godric asked in a tone that made it clear that there was no option of denying.

Albus was a little intrigued about the test but decided not to push further before replying

"Of course, Lord Gryffindor, there are no pressing issues at the moment, but should the need arise, do we have a way to know how to contact you?"

"Just search for Rowena or Helga and they should be able to contact us. This test only requires the two of us. You will be able to find the ladies without any help. Now if you will excuse us."

After having his word, Godric gave Salazar an imperious look before leaving the office quickly.

"My apologies everyone," Salazar said as he stood up, vanishing his chair. "But it seems Godric is too impatient. I must leave now, but would love to have an opportunity to be able to make acquaintances with each and everyone here. Perhaps some other time," he inclined his head towards Dumbledore, "Headmaster."

Turning on his heel, he exited the office gracefully.

Everyone was silent after the departure of the male founders and no one seemed to know what to say. However, before anyone could say or do anything a large brown owl flew down the Headmaster's desk from the window. It was carrying a letter for the Headmaster and had the Minister of Magic's seal on it.

Curiously Albus opened the letter

Dear Professor Dumbledore,

It has come to my attention that Hogwarts is currently playing host to its Four Founders, who have somehow, through means beyond our understanding, managed to travel to our time.

As this is truly a unique opportunity, especially given the identities of our guests, I wish to meet them to personally welcome them to modern times and see for myself what these illustrious historical figures are like in real life. Thus I would like it if you could convey my wishes to them and arrange for a meeting with them by the 4th of September 1996 at 4 p.m. If this is not suitable then feel free to reply back with a date suggesting the alternative.

I look forward towards meeting the most powerful witches and wizards of all time in person.

Yours Faithfully,

Amelia Bones

Minister of Magic

Setting the letter down, Albus looked at the remaining two founders. "It would seem that the news of your arrival has travelled far and wide. All the way to the Minister of Magic in fact." He looked speculatively at them.

"The Minister?"

"Indeed, Lady Ravenclaw, the Minister of Magic has just sent me a letter requesting me to arrange a meeting between her and the four of you."

"Well, that is interesting, however we cannot reply to this alone. The request is for all four of us, so we must consult with Sal and Ric before saying anything." Rowena walked to one of the portraits and tapped her wand on the frames and said "Salazar please"

Everyone was looking from the frame to Lady Ravenclaw and back again, wondering what she was doing. However their questions were answered when the portrait went blank and suddenly Salazar Slytherin's face was visible to them.

Slytherin was wearing a loose shirt and trousers; he sported protective armour around his lower legs, his arms, and his chest. Everyone in the office was on their feet in alarm, looking at Salazar Slytherin dressed like that. Only one thought was going on in their minds: was Salazar Slytherin planning to go to battle?

"What happened, Row?" a concerned Salazar enquired.

"The Minister of Magic has written to Professor Dumbledore and requested a meeting, Sal."

"Hmm… well we must discuss this … but not now, I need to go give a test for Ric" Salazar replied with an eye role

"However, please feel free to come and watch, then after that we can discuss the matters over in the meeting room. How does that sound? I will let Ric know about this… "

"Oh that would be great, it has been long since I had the opportunity to witness that, right Helga?" Anyone in the room could make out the enthusiasm in Rowena's voice as she said that. "Yes Row, I wouldn't want to miss this chance" Helga replied with a slight smirk on her face.

"Great! Professor Dumbledore, the offer is open for you, any Professors and Mr and Mrs Weasley, should they wish to join the girls." Salazar offered looking at all of them.

"I must admit that I am rather intrigued to know how Lord Gryffindor plans to test you, and would happily join to watch the events. I will also bring everyone currently in the office with me unless they have something else that requires their urgent attention." Dumbledore replied with bright twinkle in his eyes.

"Alright then, see you all soon" Salazar closed the connection and the frame was back to the normal portrait.

Rowena moved to face them before addressing them

"Everyone who wishes to join, please gather around and hold each other's hands. Make sure you are all touching someone's hand. Professor Dumbledore you may take my hand. Alright, is everyone ready? We need to make a chain so in the end everyone is connected to either Helga or me."

After making sure that everyone was ready, Rowena nodded towards Helga

"To the gallery overlooking the regular training room please" Helga's soft voice was the last thing everyone heard before the surroundings changed and they found themselves in a sort of gallery that overlooked a platform.

A wall of glass separated the gallery and the square platform, facing a bare wall. The remaining two walls were adorned with a myriad of weapons and shields. Doors leading into the arena were situated on these walls.

After a few moments the doors opened and from the first door Salazar Slytherin walked in in his battle armour with a sword in his hand. From the door opposite to him, Godric Gryffindor walked in wearing similar attire, the legendary Sword of Gryffindor in his hand.

The onlookers could not believe their eyes, they were going to witness Godric Gryffindor challenge Salazar Slytherin for a sword fight?!

Salazar and Godric faced each other and bowed before laying the terms of the fight

"I, Godric Gryffindor, challenge you Salazar Slytherin, to either defeat me in this sword fight or lead it to a draw, where a draw will mean that should this fight be a real battle situation then none of us will walk away alive."

"I, Salazar Slytherin, accept your challenge and propose that should I win, or draw the match then it will prove that I am healthy and thus will not be taunted or forced to take rest."

"Agreed. Now as the challenger, I have the right to set the rules. No magic allowed, but any other technique is allowed and the wounds should not be fatal."

"Agreed. Now as a defender, I have the right to choose weapons. Any weapon or mixture of weapons is allowed, provided they are not laced with venom or any other similar substances, potions or anything else, which aims to severely harm the opponent."

"Agreed,"

They both bowed at each other before taking their stances. They circled the platform, assessing each other's strategies and waiting for the first move.

Suddenly Godric charged forward and swung his sword over his head, attacking Salazar. Salazar jumped back. Then Godric again swung his sword at Salazar and jumped behind Salazar, making him turn to back. Godric took a step back as Salazar swung his sword up at Godric, who countered the downward swing. He pushed Salazar away, always moving, dancing away from Salazar's attacks. Salazar rushed Godric bringing his sword to Godric's chest, but Godric brought up his sword, stopping the attack, then shoved Salazar making him fall to the ground. Without giving Salazar time to recover Godric charged forward but Salazar aimed a kick at his stomach and quickly stood up when Godric staggered back doubling up in pain. Then before Godric could rise Salazar thrust his sword into his stomach.

However he found his attack was blocked by Godric's sword. Godric shoved forward and Salazar was forced to take two steps back.

Both of them looked at each other as if to re assess each other and daring the other to attack again.

"You know Sal, I think you really should just accept it that you are not in your best form and rest. Or have you really gone soft?" Godric taunted

"Accept defeat? And let your overly grown head grow more? You know if you are not careful enough then soon you won't be able to walk through doors. Now I can't let that happen can I? Unfortunately it's my job to keep you in check. And as far as the question of me accepting defeat is concerned, well that was only a practice round and the fun has not even begun yet." Salazar jested with a light smirk gracing his face

"YOU! You insufferable old snake. How dare you accuse me of having a large head?!" Godric roared

"Oh come on! Not the same old insults! Get creative Ric. Try something new! "

Salazar stealthily steadied his feet and waited for Godric to attack. Godric brought up his sword and charged at Salazar. Salazar ducked under the man's weapon, making the man stumble forward. Salazar swung his sword at the back of the man's knees. Godric's hard leather covering his legs stopped the blade from cutting into him. He rolled forward, and then sprung to his feet. Godric snarled and turned to face Salazar. Salazar brought up his sword and waited. Godric was getting impatient and Salazar could use this to his advantage. He steadied his breath.

This time Godric stepped into the attack bringing his sword across Salazar's chest. Salazar brought up his sword, blocking the Godric's swinging arm, punching Godric in the stomach with his other hand, causing his opponent to move back, gasping.

Salazar swung his sword but Godric blocked the attack by his own blade and with his other hand hit Salazar on his side. Then before giving him a chance to recover he swung his sword down trying to slash Salazar's legs but Salazar jumped up and whilst coming he thrust his elbow in Godric's shoulder

Godric staggered to the ground before he could recover Salazar brought his sword down towards Godric's back but Godric rolled away and stood up quickly.

Godric then started a fresh wave of aggressive attacks on the dark haired wizard, forcing Salazar to go defensive.

Soon Godric had Salazar cornered to a wall covered with small weapons.

Salazar tried to slip away from between the wall and Godric to give himself more space by pushing Godric back. However Godric recovered more quickly than anticipated and quickly he sliced Salazar's right arm with his blade, causing the other wizard to drop his sword. However Godric was not done and he shoved Salazar to the ground and held his sword to Salazar's throat.

"I win Salazar and thus you will be resting for at least two days." Godric exclaimed in triumph

"You are wrong Ric, according to our deal in event of a draw I will not be taunted or forced to rest." Salazar calmly replied not caring about the sword near his throat.

"Yes but that was if you draw the match, but I have won. If this was a real battle you would have been dead by now." Godric replied confused at the nonchalant attitude being displayed by his clearly defeated opponent.

"Now it is true that if this was a real combat situation I would have died by your hands but you would not have survived as well." Saying so, Salazar brought Godric's attention to the dagger he had pressed against the other wizard's abdomen.

As Godric saw this, he moved back three steps in shock. After taking a few calming breaths and coming out of his shock of having been outwitted by his best friend Godric could not help but taunt Salazar.

"You know everyone's right you really are sly… Alright fine it's a draw again then."

After having had his say Godric gave Salazar his hand and helped him get up.

"Like I always tell you the person to kill me will not live longer than me. You should know that" Salazar replied nonchalantly.

"True" Godric replied severely and both of them moved towards the audience box to meet the headmaster.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 37 4
Its seventh year at Hogwarts. Everyone expects a peaceful year, but that's not in the cards for two certain students. What if Hermione Granger isn't...
465K 19.1K 24
In the History of Magic lesson, Professor Binns finds an old diary, belonging to the fifth founder of Hogwarts. He tells Professor Dumbledore, and th...
197K 6.8K 34
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry was founded by four great witches and wizards: Godric Gryffindor, Rowena Ravenclaw, Helga Hufflepuff, and...
7 0 4
When four new Hogwarts students are found to have an ancient power that only a very small amount of wizards possess, they're immediately thrown into...