π™²πš›πšŠπš£πš’ π™°πšœπšœ π™»πšŠπš‹ | πšƒ...

By bigbahongaloos

Wilbur Soot is a 20 year old scientist. A mad one, at that. Creating strange creatures and suspicious smellin... More

πš˜πš—πšŽ
𝚝𝚠𝚘
πšπš‘πš›πšŽπšŽ
πšπš˜πšžπš›
πšπš’πšŸπšŽ
πšœπš’πš‘
πšœπšŽπšŸπšŽπš—
πšŽπš’πšπš‘πš
πš—πš’πš—πšŽ
πšπšŽπš—
πšŽπš•πšŽπšŸπšŽπš—
πšπš πšŽπš•πšŸπšŽ
πšπš‘πš’πš›πšπšŽπšŽπš—
πšπš’πšπšπšŽπšŽπš—
πšœπš’πš‘πšπšŽπšŽπš—
πšœπšŽπšŸπšŽπš—πšπšŽπšŽπš—
πšŽπš’πšπš‘πšπšŽπšŽπš—
πš—πš’πš—πšŽπšπšŽπšŽπš—
πšπš πšŽπš—πšπš’
π™΄πš™πš’πš•πš˜πšπšžπšŽ (πš…π™΄πšπšˆ 𝙻𝙾𝙽𝙢 πš‚πš™πšŽπšŒπš’πšŠπš• "π™΅πšžπš—πšπš’" π™²πš‘πšŠπš™πšπšŽπš›! πš†πš˜πš˜-π™·πš˜πš˜!)
β˜»οΈŽπ™±π™Ύπ™½πš„πš‚ 𝙼𝙴𝙼𝙴 π™²π™·π™°π™Ώπšƒπ™΄πšβ˜»

πšπš˜πšžπš›πšπšŽπšŽπš—

90 4 3
By bigbahongaloos

TW// cussing, kidnapping, crying, weapons (guns, blades, etc.), yelling, behind held for ransom, talk of torture and killing
I think that's all?

Techno's POV
Two days later

I hadn't been back to the heroes' place in a couple of days. Wilbur would text, but he didn't need me for anything. This morning, when I woke up, I saw that I had a text form Wilbur from just one minute ago.

I read it, and began to worry.

The message read, "please fucking call me" in all capital letters.

I immediately called him, putting the phone on speaker and sitting it on my nightstand as I went to my closet to grab some clothes to change in to.

Just a second later, he answered.

"T-Techno! Pl-Please, get over here!" Wilbur yelled, sounding out of breath and scared. "Woah, what's happening?" I asked. "I-I can't explain over the phone, just- just fucking get here!" "Ok, ok, give me twenty minutes, I just woke up, I've gotta get out of my pajamas." I said. "Please hurry..." He said in a quieter, sadder tone.

"I'll be as fast as I can be, Wil. Do you need to stay on the phone?"

"I...don't think so..?"

"Are you hurt?"

"Physically?"

"Yes, physically. Are you physically hurt?"

"I...no..."

"Do you need me to call Phil or is he with you?"

"He's...somewhere. I'm alone."

"Ok, but do you need him? Do you need assistance?"

"I need you..."

Wilbur saying this made my heart nearly shatter. He sounded like he was in pain, emotional pain. I couldn't wrap my head around what could possibly be wrong. It's so early in the morning, I'm surprised he's even awake.

"I'll be there soon, ok?" I said. "Ok...hang up?" "Yeah, ok, I'll hang up. I'll be there soon."

And with that, I pressed the red, end call button.

I quickly threw on some clothes and rushed to my front door, stomping into my shoes, not bothering to retire them. I rushed down the street, jumping on a bus. The ride felt like an eternity, but soon, I was at my destination.

I stupidly ran across the street without looking for cars, and nearly got hit by two.

I rushed into the hero headquarters, seeing that Puffy was not at her desk. Then I remembered that it was her day off, so she was probably handing out with Hannah and the other heroes. I guess the other assistant, Alyssa, just didn't show up?

I rushed to where I heard voices, the large sitting room. I went in, seeing Wilbur was nowhere.

"Have- Have you guys- seen Wil?" I asked, breathing heavy. "Oh my god, are you ok? Have you been running?" Phil asked. I nodded, my hands on my knees. "Have you seem Wil?" I asked again. "No, is he not still asleep?"

"He- He called me, and he was crying- and yelling- and he seemed really frickin' out of it." I panted. Phil stood up, coming towards me, but then rushing past me towards the elevator. I followed, and so did everyone else for some reason.

The look on Quackity's face was one of concern. I guess he's started to like Wilbur again.

I spammed the tenth floor button as everyone was still getting into the elevator.

"Is he even in his room? He didn't tell me!" I said to myself. "Text him?" Phil said. I shook my head. "Where else would he be?"

I thought the elevator would never get there, but when it did, I was the first one out.

I make it to Wilbur's door and swung it open without knocking.

He wasn't there.

"Wilbur?" I called out. Nobody else seemed to hear it, but with my enhanced senses, I heard what sounded like crying coming from Fundy's room. My heart leapt to my throat, as my mind went to that Fundy had died in his sleep or something.

I pushed past Phil, towards Fundy's room. I opened the door, seeing Wilbur in the floor with his knees to his chest, bawling his eyes out. In his hands, he held a piece of paper, and Fundy's stuffed fox in the other, soaking the fox with his tears as he held it to his face.

"Oh my god...Wilbur..." I whispered to myself, rushing over to sit on my knees beside of him. I pulled Wilbur into a hug, not understanding what was happening, or where Fundy was.

"Wilbur, where is Fundy?" I asked. Wilbur started to cry harder when I asked this. "W-Wil...what happened to Fundy? Talk to me, man." I said, holding his face in my hands. His eyes were red, and his face was blotchy, covered in tears.

"He- He took F-Fundy. He f-fucking took him." Wilbur choked. "What are you talking about? Who took Fundy?" I asked.

Wilbur looked up at me, pain in his eyes.

"Schaltt."

I straightened my posture, my face blank.

"What...do you mean, Schlatt took Fundy?" I asked. "I don't fucking know, Technoblade!" Wilbur yelled, "He took him! In the night, I guess! Or sent someone to take him! I- I don't know!" Wilbur shoved the paper he held against my chest, burying his face in the small fox plush.

I looked down at the letter that was written in fancy cursive.

"I know you've been looking for me. I have good security, I get alerted when my documents are being looked at, even illegally. You're smart, camping out at the heroes base, but I am smarter.
It's been a while since I killed your pathetic parents. I though I had killed you as well. Oh, well.
I know you want to kill me, who doesn't? But if you kill me, I will order my men to kill your son. If you want him back, you must bring me half a million USD by sunset, this day next week, or you will be receiving some horrific pictures of your dead son. I owe someone the money, and quite frankly, I don't feel like giving up my own. So I'm using you.
Bring the money to the location below. It's my base. So come alone if you know what's good for you and your son.
And don't be late by even a second."

Then, there was an address under the writing. I covered my mouth, lowering the paper.

"Wilbur, this...we can't afford that..." I said. "I know! I- I know, Techno! I haven't seen that much money in my whole life combined!" Wilbur laughed, but it wasn't a laugh of humor.

Wilbur leaned his head back onto the bed, shaking his head.

"Ransom. My son is being held for ransom. God, I'm an awful dad, Techno. This is all my fault, if I had just left Schlatt alone, Fundy would be safe. Who- Who knows what Schlatt's doing to him. Oh, god, he's probably torturing my poor little boy." Wilbur covered his mouth, squeezing his eyes shut.

"Don't..." I swallowed back my own emotions, "Don't think like that, ok? Schlatt is smart, he knows you'll tear him limb from limb while he's still alive if he even touches Fundy." I said.

Wilbur shook his head.

"He doesn't care. He doesn't think I'm capable of killing him. To him, I'm just a weak fucking human. I am...a weak fucking human. He has killed my loved ones before. He will do it again, Techno." Wilbur said, his voice breaking with every word.

"I'll go insane if I loose him, Tech. I can't handle another loss like that, especially to the same man's hands. I'm not just saying that, I will actually go clinically insane." Wilbur said in such a calm voice it was scary. "If...If Fundy dies, you won't even know me anymore. I'll be like a completely different fucking human." He said.

Silence suffocated me. I didn't know what to say. What does someone say to that?

"Can...one of you please explain...what the fuck you're talking about?" Phil asked. I sighed, getting up from my nearly asleep knees, sitting on Fundy's bed, Wilbur silent in the floor, staring at the wall.

"For the past...ever since you showed Wilbur a picture of Schlatt...we've been looking for him, I guess. Wilbur took a laptop from you, not sure how you didn't notice. We uhm...were getting so damn close to finding his exact location, it's crazy. Wilbur's a genius when it comes to hunting people down like that." I said.

I swallowed, repressing my emotions for Fundy's disappearance. I hate to say it, because I don't like to show emotion much, but I love that kid.

"Apparently Schaltt, uh, has a security system, and it alerted him when we were in his online files." I said, handing the letter to Phil. "Read that, it says it all."

Phil held the letter in his hands, reading over it slowly, as everyone else read it from over his shoulder.

"Oh my...Oh my god." Phil whispered. "This is his writing. The headquarters has received hand-written letters from him before. Bomb threats and such, all of which he never followed through with. But this...this is whole other level." He said.

All of a sudden, Wilbur stood up. He walked towards Phil, snatching the letter from Phil's hands, reading the address repeatedly.

"2248 Manburg, SMP. 2248 Manburg, SMP. 2248 Manburg, SMP." He read to himself, pushing past everyone in the doorway.

"Wilbur...Wilbur what the heck are you thinking?" I asked, quickly following him. "Wilbur, let's not do anything irrational, alright? This is a time for having emotions, not acting on them." I said.

Wilbur went I to his room, slamming open his nightstand drawer, pulling out his map and a black sharpie. He opened the map on his bed, scanning it.

"2248 Manburg, SMP...there!" He said, circling a point on the map. "That's where he is." He said, looking at me.

He then went around his bed, opening his closet. He pulled out a pistol, seeing if it was loaded, and then grabbing the tomahawk.

"Wilbur! Wilbur, put the damn gun down!" I said.

I didn't know if he was about to go find and shoot Schlatt, or himself.

He tried pushing past me, but I grabbed the gun out of his hand, even though that was a highly dangerous move for the both of us.

"What the hell are you doing?!" He scoffed. "Now is not the time for any crazy decisions! You're distressed, Wilbur, you're confused and upset. Your son is kidnapped, your mind isn't in the right place at the moment." I said. "You need to take a minute to properly process what is happening. I'm not letting you leave this building, with or without weapons."

"I need to go save my son, Technoblade! I'm not waiting a damn week!" Wilbur said, on the verge of crying once more.

I exhaled, reaching and holding his hand with my free one.

"Schaltt might not even have Fundy at that location right now. He might take him there the day before we need to be there. Who knows where they are right now! They could be five miles from there for all we know." I said.

Wilbur's expression was one full of pain. Full of stress, and fear. Full of every emotion possible, excluding the positive ones. He looked so empty yet full of emotion somehow. He looked done.

His trailed to the emptiness next to me, staring at nothing. He then turned, sitting down on his bed with his head in his arms.

"I'm sorry." He whispered, his voice sounding dead. He sat the tomahawk next to him on the bed, staring at it. I sat next to him, putting my arm around him. "Don't apologize. You did nothing wrong. You're a father, it's your instinct to protect Fundy. If I was you, half the damn town would be dead by now because of the voices." I laughed.

Wilbur chuckled, leaning against me.

"Voices?" Phil questioned. I looked up at him, nodding. "Mhm. They're like my subconscious, but it's not my mind, but there's thousands of them and they love violence." I said. "O-Oh! Well, then! I...did not know that." Phil blinked a few times. "Don't worry, I only listen to them when I have to. I'm not gonna kill ya."

Phil nodded.

"Where am I gonna get half a million USD?" Wilbur asked. "I don't even have that much in pounds, I...I don't even know how to convert money from pounds to USD! Like, how many pounds is half a million USD?"

I sighed.

"We'll...figure something out. Heck, I'll call my stupidly rich aunt in America if I need to, even though she can go kiss her own ass. She's a bitch but she gives away money like you wouldn't believe." I laughed. "Though, getting ahold of her may be hard...and I don't exactly have the best past with her." I bit the inside of my jaw. "You don't?" Wilbur asked. "Long story." I said. He nodded.

"I can pay." Phil said.

Wilbur's head shot towards Phil fast.

"W-What? No. No, no, no, I am not making you pay for my sons ransom." He dryly laughed. "Well...you can't, Techno doesn't really wanna call his supposedly bitchy aunt, and I can actually afford it. Hell, we can all pitch in if they're up for it." Phil said.

The other heroes said small words of agreement, including Puffy, who isn't nearly as rich as the heroes.

Wilbur shook his head.

"I'll figure something out." He said. "Yeah, you're just gonna get half a million in less than a week? Sure, that's very possible." I said sarcastically. Wilbur glared at me, then sighing.

"You can let us help pay, and if you really feel that shitty about it, spend the rest of your life working to pay us back, I guess." Phil said. "Really, we would love to help. Fundy is an amazing kid, and we'd do anything to help you get him back." Bad said.

Wilbur's face looked to be one that held back tears.

"Fuckin...you guys..." He breathed out, "Why are you all so damn generous?" He asked, shaking his head as he held his head in his hands. "So...is that a yes?" Phil asked. Wilbur exhaled. "Yes. But, I will be using lots of my personal money as well." He said.

"As long as we can help!" Phil clapped his hands together, smiling.

"Ok...but I wanna know where you got all the weapons." Skeppy's voice said. I looked over, seeing him standing in front of the open closet. The rest leaned, peaking inside. "Uhhh, I'd like to know that as well." Phil nervously laughed.

"Oh, they're all yours. Snuck into the underground level and snatched them." I said. "You- You what?! How?! When?!" Phil asked.

"Soo...you know the other day when there was an intruder in the building and Puffy's cameras went down?" I asked. "Yes...I do, we never caught the guy." Phil said. "That's because there wasn't anyone, it was all me. I screwed with the cameras and snatched the keycard off of Puffy's desk. Don't bash her head in for it, I tricked her into thinking I saw someone so when she looked that way, I took it." I smiled.

The heroes mouthes hung open slightly.

"Oh, but please, don't bash my head in!" I sarcastically held my hands up in defense. "You are...too smart for this building." Phil laughed. "Aw, how kind of you."

"I think you should be a spy, you little sneak." Wilbur laughed. "You know what I think?" I asked. "What?" Wilbur replied, turning his head to face me.

"I think we need to make us a plan to get our Fundy back." I grinned.

"But- But the letter said I have to go alone." Wilbur stuttered. "Don't worry, I have an idea."

Words: 2,670

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12K 441 13
Tommy, better known as Theseus in the community, is a vigilante who's only goal is to help get rid of crime in his city. Tommy is known in the media...
28.7K 869 20
Tommy was tired and wet, and every second he felt a new wave of pain from his right front paw. He was tempted to just lay down on the ground and give...
4.2K 193 13
In the quiet, rural town of L'manburg, fire wasn't normally an issue. Sure, it was used from time to time and people got burned, but it was really no...