San Andreas

By hybrids201324

Mila is the best friend of Blake she joins Blake on a trip to San Francisco but not every good thing last. On... More

Meeting blakes dad
Earthquake part 1
Earthquake part 2
Earthquake part 3
The recuse
Getting out of harm's way
Crash course
The san Andreas fault
Supplies
9.6 earthquake
Tsunami
Trying to stay alive
Getting out
Epilogue

Finding a land line

415 8 0
By hybrids201324

"I cannot believe that Daniel just took off what an asshole"Blake says as they all are breathing heavily from from as indistinct screaming is heard from all around.

"All I know is if I ever see that bastard again he better run before I get my hands around his neck"Mila huffs leaning against the wall as he chest moves up and down as she breathes heavily from the mager run they just did.

Soon an ambulance is shown in the background driving through the screaming people "step aside"the driver says as it blares around causing people to move out of its way as they all watch.

"I gotta get ahold of my parents. I gotta let them know me and Mila are okay"Blake pants as Mila nods her head agreeing since she needs to do the same with her parents.

"Cell phone aren't working.ive tries"Ben pants out before Blake and Mila share a look before Blake turns to Ollie"we need to find an electronic store.dose that book of yours list business's?"she asked him as he pulls out his book from his bag"my book has everything"making the girls smile at the little boy.

At Caltech Alexi is shown picking of scale papers from the ground as he looks at them."the good news is most of our emergency systems are still working. We've got signals coming in from 17 monitors."he says as he sets the papers down beside his lap top while Serena is shown handing her camera man a tool to help fix his cameras. As Alexi diggs through some papers pulling at a long one with a scale from how powerful the earthquake that just happened was being walking over to a table "we just experienced a 9.1"as he hands it to Lawrence who looks it over.

Phoebe then runs in through the door "Lawrence you need to see this"she says panting before running back to her computer with the others following."what do we got"Lawrence asked before reach over to Phoebe who was in front of her computer as she pressed a few buttons."here are the pulse rates before the quake"she says as it shown a map with San Francisco and the San Andreas fault line with red dot pulses while on the side a system shown how each scales."yeah okay."he says while studying the computer screen before she clicks a few more buttons "and here are the pulse rates now"she says before the map and scale rates is shown again but it was the exact same as she turns back to Lawrence "the same or higher so the earthquake didn't diminish them"she informed but Lawrence thought differently while hin his thoughts.

Lawrence shakes his head"oh this is not good"he says with worry before rushing off with Phoebe following him back into the other room were the others were still at.

"Alexi, I want all the data from every monitoring station still up along the fault line.and get it for me now"Lawrence says with urgency as Alexi goes to do what he asked as Serena walks over to Lawrence "what's going on"she asked worried.

"This is not over"Lawrence informed her that the dangerous were not done with yet as her camera man is heard groaning "shit. Oh man this things fried"Dylan her camera man says as he tossed a piece of his camera onto the table.

Lawrence stares at the camera before getting an idea "come on, I need everybody"he says before grabbing Serena's hand as he start to rush off.

"What are we doing?"she asked as she trys to keep up with his pace.

"Getting you on the air. To warn people"he informed as they rush around the room to the main door of the room"how there's no way to upload a signal"she asked confused.

Lawrence let's as a laugh"oh. Your at Caltech "he says before they all are shown running down a hallway before going through a door with a sign that said. 202 media lab as the door closed behind them.

Lawrence runs into the room clapping his hands together gaining everyone's attention in the room."okay who wants an A in independent study? I'm starting a new class:how to save lives by hacking media outlets"he informed the students around the room who were gathering papers from the floor before a male student stand sup as he raised his hand."hell yeah,man I'm in"the young male says to Lawrence.

"Sweet bro get your laptop.lets go"Lawrence says with a clap of his hands before the student goes to do what he says.

Soon a police car is shown with flashing lights as many people are with shown dead, injured crying or before taking cared of by a medic as Mila, Blake, Ben and Ollie are shown walking down the street as people who were injured I'm the earthquake are shown in a line all the way down the street as they look for the electronic store "it should be just ahead."Blake says as they continue to walk forward Ollie spots it as he points "there it is "he says before they are all running over to the store before the inside is shown as one by one they come through the town opening carefully many things were shown on the ground having had fallen during the mager quake.

"Okay anything running on electricity isn't gonna work...so we have to find a landline, a rotary or a push button phone"Blake explained

"How do you or Mila know about all this"Ben asked as he pants.

"My dad. He works for l.alA fire and rescue"Blake explained before they are all looking around different parts of the building trying to find a landline.

As Ollie noticed one of the shelf"over here "he says before he and Ben move things around while Blake and Mila walk around the counter"great we will look for a landline"Blake says as she and Mila are moving things out of there Way as they look up and down by a desk before Blake noticed a something on the counter by the cashier before looking at the line connected it before following the line from the floor to the wall as she pushed boxes out of her way finding a landline"I got one!"she informs them.

The Helo is shown flying over an area with many businesses and house's as the phone starts ringing again before ray presses a button "Blake "he calls through as there was static at first.

"Dad"she says with a smile as all of them are shown sitting down beside Blake against the back of the counter."dad. I got out. Me and Mila are okay."she assured him.

Ray let's out a sign of relief"ahh they are okay"ray informed Emma who lets out a breath of relief as she smiles."let me talk to her"she says before ray turns the nob as it switched to Emma's head set."Blake"she says as her daughter is Shown going silent with shoke"mom?"she asked in shock.

"Oh thank God honey "glad that her daughter and best friend made it out alive before remembering Daniel"is Daniel okay?" She asked.

Mila and Blake share a look knowing Blake's mom is  not gonna like the answer they were about to give"he left us mom"she tells her mother who goes silent in disbelief.

"He what"she asked with shock that Daniel would do something like that.

"He told a security guard were we were...and then he just took off...and these two brothers that we met overheard and they and Mila helped me we're with them right now"she explained to her mother as she sniffles as the brothers share a look with a small smile while Mila holds Blake's hand in reassurance.

"He left them?"Emma says with anger filling up with in her as Ray turns the nob switching back to his head set.

" We're coming to get you both honey where are you"ray asked his daughter as he continues fly the helicopter.

"We are in a electronics store in Chinatown."Blake informs her farther as she blinks away tears.

"Honey it's gonna be okay but I need you to listen to me.getting out of there is gonna be a complete gridlock nightmare.so get to higher ground.its safer. That's were I'm gonna be able to see y'all. Do you remember we're we spent Mallory's birthday weekend? At coit towers"ray explains to his daughter as Emma turns to ray since this is the first time h has talked about Mallory after she drowned.

"Yeah. Yeah. That talk cement nozzle thing on the hill"Blake says remember where he's talking about.

"Exactly. Don't sto anywhere. Go there that's were we'll meet you"rays tells his daughter.

"Stay strong girls were coming to get you"Emma says with a smile.

"Okay. Wait mom how are you and dad together "Blake asked confused while Mila looks at her confused as well.

Ray and Emma share a look not knowing how to explain this"we'll explain later okay honey I love you"ray tells his daughter.

Blake let's out a tearful smile"I love you guys bye"before she hangs up on her end while Ray pressed the button hanging up on his end leaving them in silence.

Emma then gets a thought before dailing a Daniel's number before it rings as it goes straight to voice mail as she cracks her neck"hi you've reached daniel.please leave a key and I'll get back to you"before a beeping is heard after.

"You left my daughter and her best friend? If you're not dead,I'm gonna fuckin kill you"she says pissed before hanging up while Ray has a smile on his face"thatta girl"he says proudly as Emma just smiles before looking forward again.

Blake then hand the phone to Ben and Ollie so they can let there parents know they are okay. Mila is shown leaning against the wall deep in thoughts before the phone is then handed to her by Ollie who gives her a small smile before she returns it as she gently takes the phone from him.

She takes a deep breath as she dials her dad's number but it goes to voice mail"he this Kacey I can't reach the phone right now leave a message after the beep"her dad's voice rings in her ear as tears start to build in her eyes as she sniffles"hey dad it's me Mila just wanted to let you know I'm alive and please be okay and try to stay safe and I'll find you soon"she says tearfully as she closed her eyes for a moment before she hands up as her shoulders start to shake as she silently cry's into her hand as Blake and the brothers look at her sadly knowing shes worried about her dad before Blake walks over as she crutches down beside Mila before pulling her best friend into her arms as she holds her letting her cry into her shoulder as she rubs a hand up and down Mila's back comforting her 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

365K 11.2K 17
[COMPLETED] At the age of 4, Amanda and Tyler instantly become friends, however it came to an end before grade 5 began. After a tragic car accident...
8 0 19
When most of the earth is covered by the biggest Tsunamis known to man you began to think that's it, everything and everyone you know is gone but the...
24.5K 447 8
Y/n is a girl who don't know who her real family is, she lives with one of her best friend brady. All she has from her real family is a bracelet. Y/n...
34.1K 2.2K 29
♡ Featured on Stories Undiscovered ♡ ♡ Featured on Teen Fiction ♡ "All it took was one smile, that damned smile, and I found myself falling in love w...