Liberating Remant

By USS_Stockdale

Remnant is the future-fantasy world of RWBY, with airships, gadgets, high-tech weaponry, and a form of natura... More

Chapter 1 The Story Begins (Overhauled)
Chapter 2 Settling In (Overhauled)
Chapter 3 Uneasy Alliances (Overhauled)
Side chapter: Food Revolution (Marked for Overhaul)
Chapter 4 Girl in the High Castle
Chapter 5 Hearts of Iron
Chapter 7 Shadows' Involvement
Chapter 8 Secret's Out
Chapter 9 Glenn Mountain Complex
Chapter 10 May Death Not Do Us Part
Updates On Story Writing
Chapter 11 Tempus Requiem
Chapter 12 The Threat Within (Part 1)
Chapter 13 Cold Waters
Chapter 14 The Covert Reunion
Chapter 15 The Threat Within (Part 2)
Chapter 16 The Threat Within (Part 3)
Chapter 17 Double Agent
Chapter 18 Familiar Affairs
Chapter 19 The Tale of Continental
Chapter 20 Rebirth
Chapter 21 Back in Black (Marked for overhaul)
Chapter 22 Steel Division(Ma4ked for overhaul)
Chapter 23 Phone call
Chapter 24 Welcome to Remnant
Chapter 25 Rush Grimm
Chapter 26 Unwanted Sacrifices
Chapter 27 Underground Haven
The Fall (teaser)

Chapter 6 The Interest of the Spooks

783 23 3
By USS_Stockdale

Team RWBY's Dorm...

Team RWBY finally returned to their dorm, exhausted after spending a full day training. However, Blake was more exhausted from conducting an investigation in her head rather than the training itself. She sat on her bed with her scroll in her hand and her headphones on. She was deep in thought when Ruby walked into the room.

"What were you thinking about?"

Blake was suddenly pulled out of her imagination when Ruby broke the silence. She hesitated to respond, but Weiss was having none of it.

"Come on, what were you thinking about?"

"Our studies. Of course!"

"You're a damn liar!"

"Well, what else do you think I'm thinking about?"

"The White Fang. Those strange mercenaries we met."

Blake sighed. she didn't want to make her team worry about what was essentially her problem.

"It's just... Everyone seems so calm," Blake said. "The White Fang is up to something, and this is far larger than us.," Blake huffed.

"We shouldn't worry, after all. Ozpin said that he and the VPD are handling it." Ruby suggested.

"But they don't know the White Fang as I do, and who were those people that have been hunting the White Fang?" Blake looked outside.

"I know lurking around and hunting down one corrupt and one covert organization is fun. But let me be the voice of the reason. We are just students this is better left handled by the experienced huntsmen." Weiss said.

"Fine," Ruby shrugged.

"Good," Weiss said.

"We'll go after the White Fang tomorrow."

"That was the opposite of what I expected from a leader!" Weiss huffed, "Fine, it could be fun..."

"Yeah!!!" Ruby screamed. "We will be one of the youngest huntsmen to put a stop to the White Fang"

"I hope so."

"Me too," Weiss replied.

A few days passed with Team RWBY investigating the White Fang in Vale while also digging up whatever they can on those strange people. They seem pretty advance, so they must be trained mercenaries rather than bandits. After much investigating, they found several leads from the dust robberies, but Blake received a call from Cardin about a mission. Thinking she can get more out of Cardin, she agreed to meet alone.

"So, I have a mission you may be interested in..." Cardin said. "It better be good," Blake replied. "I promise you... It will..." Cardin leaned on his seat. "Ever wonder who gave you that fake passport?" Cardin asked.

"I always wondered about that," Blake answered. "I never found out, though."His name is Tukson," Cardin said. "He helps other White Fang leave the organization from time to time by giving them false passports."

"Is this certain?" Blake asked.

"Certain?" Cardin said, "Of course. I've never known him to lie to anyone."

"No, that wasn-" Blake sighed.

"He came to be a friend of mine he was like an uncle to me until I left the White Fang abruptly without telling him." Blake said guiltily.

"Well, he's been off the grid for a while now. I'm worried something happened to him." Cardin said. Blake was shocked.

"HE WAS WORKING FOR YOU!?" Blake screamed.

"No, he was working with a different branch." Blake was puzzled. Based on how Cardin said it, it was obvious he wasn't working alone. So it had to be some kind of organization.

"But I didn't have anything to do with that, he made that decision on his own."

"So he was doing it out of his own volition?" Blake said gratefully.

"Yeah, he was warned that helping others would compromise him so he funded it out of his own paycheck." Cardin remarked, "I've never seen a man as selfless like him. Saved a lot of Faunus cus it was too dangerous to leave the White Fang."

"And if I find out anything else, I'll let you know." Blake said.

"Well you know you can count on that."

"Thanks for the info, Cardin."

"Oh, before you go can you pass the Lien to Velvet tomorrow?" Cardin handed Blake 100 Lien. "What's this for?" Blake asked.

"For her acting," Cardin said.

"Thanks for your help, I'm sure you'll find Tukson. Goodbye."

"Goodbye."

Red Light District, Vale...

Yang and Neptune are seen riding through the seedier parts of Vale on Yang's motorcycle. Yang makes sure to avoid any run-ins with the police and the gags who typically roam here.

"C'mon, my friend's right in here," Yang said.

Once they were in, they were immediately surrounded by guns from the various men that ran the club.

"Uh... Define friend for me." Neptune said to Yang.

"Oh, Blondie... You're here... Why?" A man who is identified under the alias Junior steps in between his men."Who's this?" Junior asked."He's my muscle," Yang said, "Gonna help me beat up some guys who pissed me off."

"I see..." Junior replied.

"So... What's it gonna be?" Junior asked.

"Give me the strongest whiskey you have for me and my friend here." Yang said.

Junior poured them into a couple of glasses, one for himself and two for the underaged drinkers."I'm guessing you want information." Junior got straight to the point.

"Bingo! So tell me anything you know about Roman Torchwick."

"I don't know what to tell you he came and hired my men upfront and they never returned." Junior said, disgruntled.

"That's it!?" Yang screamed.

"And why should we believe you?" Neptune asked.

"Because I would do anything to screw him over for not returning my men." Junior calmly replied.

"And that would be anything?" Yang asked."Yes," Junior said, "But I'm telling you the truth."

"What about the men?"

"What about them?"

"Where did they go?"

"What's hard in understanding that they never returned!?" Junior replied sarcastically.

"Do you realize how many men you lost because of him!?"

"Who cares!? They were paid upfront and never returned, I had nothing to do with that!"

"Then tell me where they went!"

Before any of them could respond, a man sat right next to them. He's wearing a tuxedo with sunglasses like the rest of the men here. Only he seemed to radiate an aura of confidence and intimidation that Yang quickly noticed.

"Howdy! Junior." The mysterious man said.

"Oh, I didn't see you come in." Junior managed to keep his composure even though he was in the presence of what they came to be called "Spooks."

"Just came to check up on an old friend of mine," The man said.

"Thank you for asking, as you can see here, I'm entertaining these two on a matter that's best left unsaid." Junior replied.

"Alright, pardner, good luck to ya."The man walked out of the club, and when Yang turned to look at Junior, he sighed like he had a brush with death itself.

"That guy's name is...?"

"No."

"Well, how is he connected to all this?"

"You're gonna get me killed by asking questions about that man. I guarantee if you ask anymore they will come after your family." Junior said. "Let's get back to the topic of Roman Torchwick. No, I don't know what he used my men for, neither do I know where they went." Junior simply said.

"So you do know something."

"No. I don't. Now I suggest you leave."

"Why do you hate him so much?"

"Excuse me?"

"It's like he took something valuable."

"It's more of something that happened but that's as far as I'll go into."

"Alright, thanks, Junior." Yang bid Farewell.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 17 8
In the world of Remnant, the creatures called Grimm attack Humans and Faunus for as long as the world was born. However, another group of creatures c...
24.8K 692 54
Remnant: the definition of remains of something. it has been like this for a millennium. But when The Old World meet the new. It will change the cour...
55.3K 954 28
Remnant. A world where humanity fights against monsters whose sole purpose is to destroy and feed off negativity. To this end, they have employed sp...
30.6K 330 47
*Crossover between the worlds of COD Infinite Warfare and RWBY* Set in 2226, years after the war with the Settlement Defense Front. The UNSA had grea...