Who Fell First? (Year 4) [Wed...

By cookiekid789

[Sherlock/Harry Potter/Wednesday crossover] Book 4: The Goblet of Fire After the events of the summer, Y/N an... More

-- Cast --
Not Exactly Match of The Day
The Quad-wizard Tournament
The Announcement
Mysterious Moody
The Very Definition of Calm
Argument...
Stakes...
Plan
Schemes and Skeeter
The Next Morning...
Attacked and Discovery
Combined Intelligence
Self Defence
Library
The Lead
Warming up...
The First Task
All for One and One for All...
"The Blasted Press!"
Dancing Lessons and The Final Piece
The Yule Ball (Part One)
Yule Ball (Part Two)
Yule Ball (Part Three/End)
Morning After
Bath Time Discovary
The Truth
The Second Task...
Into The Maze
The Graveyard (1/2)...
The Graveyard (Part 2/2)...
Voldemort's Back
Back To Baker Street...

Body In The Woods

496 39 8
By cookiekid789

"Now, I remember-- I remember when I first met you all. Biggest bunch of misfits. I ever set eyes on. Suppose you remind me of meself a little. And here we all are, four years later." Hagrid reminisced.

"We're still a bunch of misfits." Ron said with a chuckle as Y/N and Wednesday walked next to one another.

"Well, maybe, but...we've all got each other. And Harry, Wednesday and Y/N of course. Soon to be the youngest triwizard champions there's ever been! Hooray!" Hagrid celebrated as Hermione laughed, Y/N looked over to Harry and noticed he looked down. He approached his best friend and patted him on the shoulder. He could hear Hagrid and Hermione singing a Hogwarts anthem in the background as Y/N and Harry kept walking, that was when they spotted Barty's bowler hat on the floor.

Y/N saw Harry's hand shoot to the scar on his forehead and as the walked around a tree, there it was, the dead body of Barty Crouch.

"Mr Crouch?" Harry said as Y/N knelt down and checked for a pulse.

"He's dead." Y/N said bluntly as they looked at each other and called for help.

Y/N, Wednesday, and Harry were on the statue elevator to Dumbledore's office, they approached the door to the office when they heard arguing in the office.

"A man has died, Fudge. And he won't be the last. You must take action." Dumbledore stated.

"I will not. In times like these, the wizard world looks to it's leaders for strength Dumbledore."

"Then for once show them some!" Dumbledore snapped.

"The Triwizard tournament will not be cancelled. I will not be seen as a coward." Fudge stated.

"A true leader does what is right, no matter what others think." Dumbledore said as that hit a nerve with Fudge.

"What did you say? What did you say to me?" Fudge said as he went to square up to Dumbledore.

"Excuse me gentlemen. It may interest you to know this conversation is no longer private." Moody said as he used a spell to open the office door, the two boys and Wednesday had their hands raised like they were about to knock on the door.

"Oh, Harry, And of course Wednesday and Y/N, how good to see you three."

"Professor Moody, Professor Dumbledore, Idiot." Y/N remarked, saying the last word as he glared at Fudge who looked enraged. "We can come back later Professors?"

"Oh, not necessary, boys. The Minister and I are done. I'll be back in a moment. Minister, after you. Here's your hat. Oh boys, do feel free to indulge in a Licorice Snap in my absence. But I have to warn you both, they're a wee bit sharp." Dumbledore said before he and the other adults left the room, Y/N picked up one Snap and put it in his mouth without incident. Meanwhile Harry took a hand full of the sweets and they came alive in his hand and began attacking him, snapping at him, he backed away from them and bumped into a cabinet while fighting off the living sweets.

Y/N drew his wand and pointed it at the sweets.

"Immobulus." Y/N said calmly, causing the sweets to freeze in place. When the sweets were dealt with they heard rumbling and turned to see a wall with a wash basin that was glowing blue.

Harry, Wednesday and Y/N looked at each other, with Y/N shrugging but having a 'why not' look on his face, they all waved their wands over the glowing water and were transported into a courtroom where they found a "Younger" Dumbledore and Moody, sitting at the head of the court was Crouch.

"Professor?" Harry said as Y/N looked around and realised what this was.

"Don't bother Harry, it's a memory, this must somehow allow people to relive memories, this one must be Dumbledore's memory." Y/N said as a man in an Azkaban uniform was raised in a chair into a cage, the man looked like a discount Rasputin, that was when it hit Y/N.

"Igor Karkaroff, you have been brought from Azkaban at your own request to present evidence to this council. Should your testimony prove consequential, council ma be prepared to order your immediate release. Until such time you remain in the eyes of the Ministry a convicted Death Eater. Do you accept these terms?" Crouch Sr said.

"I do, sir."

"And what do you wish to present?"

"I have names sir. There was, uh, Rosier. Evan Rosier."

An official flipped through their papers and spoke to Crouch Sr.

"Mr Rosier is dead."

"Dead? I didn't know."

"If that is all the witness has to offer--"

"No, no, no. There was Rookwood! He was a spy." Igor said.

"Augustus Rookwood? Of the Department of Mysteries?" Crouch Sr inquired.

"The same, he passed information to You-Know-Who from inside the ministry itself."

"Very well, council will deliberate. In the meantime you will be returned back to Azkaban."

"No! Wait! Wait, please! Please, I have more. What about Snape? Severus Snape?"

"As the council is very much aware, I've given evidence on this matter. Severus Snape was indeed a Death Eater and prior to Lord Voldemorts downfall, turned spy for us at great personal risk. Today he is no more a Death Eater than I am." Dumbledore said calmly as Igor argued otherwise.

"Silence! Unless the witness possesses any genuine name of consequence, this session is now concluded." Crouch Sr said.

"Oh, no, no, no, no, no. I've heard about two more." Igor said.

"What's that?"

"The names."

"Yes?" Crouch Sr urged.

"I know for a fact these two took part in the capture and by means of the cruciatus curse, torture of the Auror Frank Longbottom and his wife!" Igor said as he became more erratic.

"The names. Give me the wretched names!" Crouch Sr demanded.

"Bellatrix Black Holmes." Igor said as Harry turned to Y/N who clenched his fist.

"Bellatrix Holmes is not a death eater, if she's a death eater then you're an innocent man!" Moody cried out in anger.

"We'll look into these allegations, and the other?!" Barty ordered as Igor grinned sadistically.

"Barty Crouch...Junior." Everyone turned to a skinny man as he tried to make a run for it only for Moody to knock him down with a spell.

Crouch Jr was dragged by guards to face his own father.

"Get your filthy hands off me you pathetic little men!" Crouch Jr yelled before turning to look at his father. "Hello, Father."

Crouch Sr was in shock as he spoke.

"You are no son of mine." Crouch Sr said as his son screamed with rage while Wednesday, Y/N and Harry were pulled from the memory.

When they looked up they saw Dumbledore stood waiting for them.

"Curiosity's not a sin, if it were Y/N and Miss Addams here would have reserve spots in whatever form hell takes. But you should exercise caution. It's a Pensieve. Very useful if, like me you find your mind a wee bit stretched. It allows me to see once more things I've already seen. You see boys, I have searched and searched for something. Some small detail. Something I might have overlooked. Something that would explain why these terrible things have happened. Every time I get close to an answer, it slips away. It's maddening." Dumbledore explained as he paced around the room.

"Sir, Mr Crouch's son. What exactly happened to him?" Harry asked.

"He was sent to Azkaban. Destroyed Barty to do it. But he had no choice. The evidence was overwhelming. Y/N's Father, Sherlock had to send Bellatrix to Azkaban, the evidence was also overwhelming. Why do you ask?"

"It's just that I...I had a dream about him. It was in the summer, before school." Harry explained, Dumbledore stood up and approached the boys. "In the dream, I was in a house. And Voldemort was there, only he wasn't quite human. And Wormtail was there too. And Mr Crouch's son."

"Have there been others like this dream?"

"Yes, Y/N and Wednesday are in them, but they stop halfway through, like they're stuck in the first part and I'm not. Always the same one. Sir, these dreams, what I see, you don't think it's actually happening, do you?"

Dumbledore turned to the boys.

"I think it's unwise for you to linger over these dreams. I think it's best if you both simply... cast them away." Dumbledore said as he extracted a memory from his head and put it into the Pensieve. "Good night, Wednesday, boys."

They headed back to the common room, but not before professor Snape came in and informed Y/N and Wednesday that someone was stealing supplies from his closet and brewing Polyjuice potion. That night, Y/N and Wednesday snuck to the Room of Requirement where they both went to sleep to get their energy, because tomorrow, was the day of the final task...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

702 15 9
Remus quits being a teacher because of his condition, Astrix and the group return to Hogwarts for their 4th year, just a couple of days in, they alre...
1.2M 36.9K 32
It's Harry's 4th year at Hogwarts and his name has just come out of the Goblet of Fire. Everyone has abandoned him and he feels utterly alone. Throug...
95.4K 3.8K 28
''There will be three tasks, spaced throughout the school year, and the will test the champions in many different ways . . . their magical prowess...
757 38 6
[EDITED] [BOOK ONE] In Hermione Granger's fourth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, she finds herself falling for the most popular...