「The Butterfly that always Sm...

By AstraeaSoul

(Y/n) Kocho is the remaining survivor of the Kocho clan massacre, also known as the Butterfly Clan. They're k... More

Meet (Y/n) Kocho
「1」 Meeting Naruto in the Hidden Leaf Village
「2」 The Academy
「3」Sasuke and Sakura: Friends or Foes?
「4」 Pass or Fail: Survival Test
「5」 Dangerous mission to the land of waves
「6」 The Assassin of the Mist
「7」 The Forest of Chakra
「8」 Battle on the Bridge (Part 1)
Little Spoilers!
「9」Battle on the Bridge (Part 2)
「10」Meeting the Sand Siblings
「11」Genin Takedown: All Ten Rookies Face off!
「12」The Written Test
「13」The Forest of Death
「14」 Battle with Orochimaru
💫Night Breathing Techniques💫
「15」 Curse Mark
「16」My Own Technique
✿ 100k Reads Special! ✿
「17」 Preliminary Rounds
「18」 Kakashi vs Orochimaru: Lions Barrage
「19」The Rivals get Serious!
🎉 Its my Birthday! 🎉
「 Hashira Meeting」

「20」A Shaky Shikamaru with a wave of Water

884 43 27
By AstraeaSoul

A/n: started this on my birthday and was planning on finishing (2/13) but I ended up posting this the weks after cuz I passed out asleep while writing this after I got home from the restaurant on my birthday. And my Netflix wasn't giving me access. So... Yeah.

✼ •• ┈┈┈┈๑⋅⋯ ୨˚୧ ⋯⋅๑┈┈┈┈ •• ✼
A Shaky Shikamaru with a Wave of Water
20❀

✼ •• ┈┈┈┈๑⋅⋯ ୨˚୧ ⋯⋅๑┈┈┈┈ •• ✼

(Y/n)'s Pov:

Now it was time for Shikamaru's match. I gotta say, I'm quite intrigued by this. Shikamaru is someone who doesn't like standing out but still managed to use that brain of his to overcome what gets thrown at him. I'd say he and Tomioka-San might get along...

While I heard Ino loudly cheering for Shikamaru, I glanced at the Kin girl who Shikamaru was up against. She's the third sound ninja that my team and Team 10 fought against with the other sound ninjas in the forest. They apparently saw that sound waves guy, the mummified guy, but her... They apparently didn't see a single jutsu from her. I wonder how Shikamaru will beat her.

But Its not I don't have faith in him. He's the smartest on the academy according everyone. So he'll be okay.

"Ready? Sixth Match... Begin!"

Shikamaru already started his signature handsign. "It's all I got..."

"You're not trying that stupid shadow thing, are you?" I heard Kin ask in a mocking tone, to which ticked Shikamaru off from what I can tell. "Shut your mouth!"

"Ninja Art: Shadow Possession Jutsu!"

And on cue, Shikamaru's shadow began to stretch over to Kin. "Is that all you know? If that's the only trick you got, this is gonna be easier than I thought!" Kin moved to the side away from his shadow and threw a couple senbons with bells at him.

Shikamaru turns his head at the bells, "Bells?" He then smirked and got up. "Heh, oh please, not that old trick." He comments in sarcasm, like always. "Let me guess, next you'll throw senbons with bells, and senbons without bells at the same time. I'll react to the bells, and while I'm focused dodging them, I won't notice the silent needles coming at me. Am I right? Heh, good luck."

That trick is too predictable for a senbon user. No way she'll make it obvious on what she's doing.

"You sure talk a lot, don't you?" *Kin threw a few more senbons at Shikamaru, but he managed to Dodge them each.

"So in order to not get caught by the shadow senbons... I'm alert to the trick and look closely." Shikamaru noted, but after he said that, a bell sound was heard. Shikamaru noticed and turned his head behind him. "Behind?!"

The bell that was on the senbons that was sticking on the wall was moving and ring. The more I look closely, I can see a thin thread attacked to Kin's fingers.

Just as Shikamaru noticed the thread, Kin threw a couple senbon at Shikamaru. He ended up getting stabbed, not luckily it wasn't a fatal spot. Although it was close though.

"One inch higher, that would be been a fatal hit." Shikamaru takes the senbon out of his upper arm. "Okay, now I get a turn!"

"Sorry, that was your turn." Kin moves her thread, making the bell move and make noise. The bells started to move as from what I can see from Shikamaru's expression, it must be no ordinary bell.

"W-Whats going on?" Shikamaru was starting to look a little... Woozy I'd say.

He fell to his knees at the sound of the bell.

"You see, you don't ever ask for who the bell tolls. Because it tolls for thee. This bell sends off a peculiar sound vibration that travels to the outer and inner ear, the directly to the brain. First comes paralysis, and soon, you'll start hallucinating." Kin explained.

That makes sense on why she left that senbon on the wall.

Shikamaru grunts and covers his ears. "That won't work. You can't block the sound out once it's inside your head. It's useless." Kin smirks.

Shikamaru looks at her, but from his look, he's starting to lose it. "Shoot! Which one? Which is the real one?" Oh no. He's starting to hallucinate.

"You can't do anything, can you? And even if you could, you wouldn't know which one of us to throw your shadow at. Face it, you're cooked little man." Kin holds up more senbon needles. "Well... I'll cook you slowly."

Kin throws three more senbons at Shikamaru, still managing to get a hit on him. Come on Shikamaru... You can do it.

"That was three, next time I'll throw five. Each time a couple more till you end up lookin like a hedgehog." I mentally snorted a bit at that comment. Him being a hedgehog sounds cute.

"Stop playing games why don't cha! If you're so tough, get it over with, stop wasting my time!" Shikamaru said.

Ooh, burn. That was savage.

"I see, you can't endure the pain and want to be eased. Fine, suit yourself. We'll do it the quick way then. And, painful." Just when Kin was about to throw her needles, she stopped, as her arm began to move down.

"W-Whats happening?! I can't... Move my arm!" She shouted in confusion.

No way... Did Shikamaru's jutsu really reach her?

"Heh, looks like my lame shadow jutsu was a success after all." Shikamaru chuckled dryly as he got on his feet.

I smirked at this turn of events. "I see what you did there..." I muttered. Sakura and Naruto and Sasuke turned to me. "What do you mean, (Y/n)?" Sakura asked me. I simply pointed to the shadow.

"But... You haven't thrown any shadows! No way! I made sure of it!" Kin looked below her feet in disbelief.

Shikamaru smirked in amusement, "You still don't see it?"

Kin gasped, "What do you mean?" Is she stupid or something?

"Look at that thread you're holding, don't you find it a little strange that would even cast a shadow at this height? Course you didn't notice it because you were concentrated on other things like killing me." Shikamaru explained.

That makes sense. Threads are too thin to even cast a shadow.

I can see Shikamaru's shadow getting thicker and expanding around Kin.

"I stretched my shadow and made it narrow, so it looked like the shadow of a thread and stuck it on you." Shikamaru held his arm up, making Kin do the same.

"But... How do you win with that? I'm just gonna move the same way as you." Kin asked, I can see that smirk of hers being strained.

"Man, you're annoying. Just shut up and watch." Shikamaru sighed. Haha, he's getting so fed up.

Shikamaru then opens his holster, smirking. Kin immediately saw what he was doing. "You must be insane! If you throw that shurikan at me, you'll just be attacking yourself!"

Well no duh.

Shikamaru takes grab of his shurikan, "I know that."

"You wouldn't, you couldn't!"

"Yeah, like a game of chicken, let's see who ducks first!" Shikamaru threw his shurikan.

"You're crazy!" Kin retorted, throwing at the same time as him.

Both shurikans were reaching each other. Shikamaru easily ducked behind and dodged the shurikan. And just as Kin ducked behind too, her head hit the wall. Ouch.

"And that's what I call using your head." Shikamaru commented. Pfft. That was funny. They both used their heads in both literal ways.

"The wise shinobi carefully scouts the physical layout of the battlefield. And never loses sight of his position on it. That was your problem. I made sure she was so busy on me, she didn't notice the wall inches behind her head. So when we both dodged backwards, Kabomb! Now who's hearing bells?" Damn, Shikamaru is a real one. He's clever and Savage. Shinobu-Nee and Tomioka-San would both like him in a way.

"Winner of the sixth match, Shikamaru Nara."

Ino and Choji cheered for their teammate with joy. I can see from the looks of Naruto and Lee's faces, they really want to go next.

I looked around to see who was left. There's Naruto, Kiba, Hinata, Neji, Lee, Choji, Gaara, That sound mummy, and a couple water ninjas that were on that Arata's guys team that I beaten.

Although... One of those sound guys... I can sometimes feel his gaze on me. His looks like a carbon copy of Tomioka-San, but with shorter hair. His black hair and midnight blue eyes with a shade of light blue makes it look like the night sky.

But still, why does he look at me. Does he recognize me or something? Or even resent me?

We all looked up to the screen in anticipation to see who is next.

I blinked in surprise at the result.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Hyousuke Kazuhiro vs Choji Akemichi

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

(Yes, I'm switching it up, people. I was initially gonna have this OC be up against Kiba, but I'm like, nah.)

Hyousuke? Which one is that?

I looked to see it was that water ninja that I felt his gaze on me earlier. I was originally gonna call him Tomioka #2 but I now know his name. But I wonder how Choji is gonna win this? We don't know what that guy is capable of. Although, I'm quite surprised to see some water ninjas. Aside from Zabuza and Haku, they're the first ones we finally encounter.

Kyousuke and Choji walk down to the Battlefield and faced each other. Hyousuke looked calm and stoic while Choji looked like his usual self.

"You can do it!" "Fatso!" I heard Shikamaru and Ino cheer for him. Ino, was that really necessary? I honestly can't tell if that's supposed to help his temper with his opponent or encouragement...

I can see veins popping on Choji's head, as he grit his teeth angrily. "Okay! I'm gonna finish this match! It's gonna take about two seconds, and then I'm coming after you, Ino!" He yelled. Yep, it was the latter.

Hyousuke hasn't said a word, nor was he amused or fazed. He might be thinking of something.

"Now, let's the seventy match, begin." Hayate announced.

Choji immediately did his hand sign. "Ninja art; Expansion Jutsu!" Choji expanded his body into his human boulder self. "Followed by the hidden leaf style taijutsu!" Choji moved his limbs under his boulder self and began to roll at Hyousuke.

"Human boulder!"

Hyousuke didn't bother moving, to which I don't get. I then see him do a hang sign that I recognized because I did it recently. He summons a Katana sword and unsheathed it.

Just as Choji was getting closer to him, He finally made his move.

"Water Breathing..." My eyes widened as I heard his mutter.

"Fourth Form: Striking Tide." Hyousuke moved so swiftly as he did his breathing form.

After a few seconds of silence, Choji's body poofed back to normal and passed out on the ground.

No way. This guy is a demon slayer too? That makes sense why he was looking at me in a way. He probably recognizes me as a Hashira. He isn't even wearing his uniform. I mean, neither am I but still.

"Winner of the seventh match, Hyousuke Kazuhiro."

"Wow, that was the fastest match ever! Even faster than yours, (Y/n)-Chan! N-No offense..." Naruto commented.

"None taken. I was thinking the same thing." I smiled.

That match was not even ten seconds long. He must be very skilled.

"Caw! Caw! (Y/n)-Sama!"

I snapped out of my thoughts as I turned my head, seeing my crow. Haven't seen her in a long time.

"Hello there. What brings you here?" I asked. "Caw! A fellow friend of yours has asked for your presence at the dango shop. It's important." She informed.

A friend? Must be someone I'm close with.

I nodded, "I see. I shall go see them." I turned to Kakashi. "Sensei, if you don't mind me leaving for a quick while. I have some important errands to run with a fellow companion of mine." I said.

Kakashi sighs and nods his head, "Sure I guess. If it's important matters then I'll let you leave."

I smiled and immediately teleported out. I started to jump on the top of buildings to the Dango Shop. Who could be here? I recently taught my team some breathing techniques and saw that rain ninja fellow use water breathing. I'd be surprised if it's a fellow Hashira.

I arrived at the Dango Shop and entered, trying to see who was waiting here for me.

I then saw a familiar head. I slowly approached him with a surprised look.

"No way..."

"Muichiro?"

Muichiro turned his head towards me, and like always, had a blank look. "(Y/n)... Been a while." He said.

I smiled and nodded, "Indeed it has. I haven't seen you for the past couple years."

"It felt like a couple centuries to me. Cloudgazing didn't feel the same without my cloud buddy." He commented. Aww. Muichiro is so cute.

"Aww. But don't worry. I still cloudgaze in honor of you. Knowing you're cloud gazing like me at the time." I smiled as I sat across from him.

"Anyway, what made you summon me here? And what brings you here in the hidden leaf?" I questioned.

Muichiro folds his arms, "Well, from what I've been hearing, there has been some demons roaming close around the nation of fire. I know you're capable of taking care of that, but with how busy you are with your new ninja life, I asked Oyakata-Sama if I can come here to help."

Oh, that makes sense.

"Ah... Okay. Well it's good that your here on my behalf and considering my slayer and ninja life. This is what Uzui-San probably feels or goes through with this." I chuckled.

"Well, Oyakata-Sama was thinking if sending that monkey to aide you since he has ninja experience but I wanted to come." Muichiro explained.

Damn, first Gaara now Muichiro? Is it just me, or is he more talkative. I mean, Muichiro is hardly ever talkative. He talks more with me in compared with the other Hashira.

"Well, now that you're here, want to go watch the Chunin exams with me? If you don't want to, I am okay with it." I smiled.

Muichiro thought about it for about ten seconds before nodding. "Sure."

I grinned and got up and took his hand as we left the Dango shop. "Great! Come on! I also want you to meet my team! I got so much to tell you." We walked back to where the preliminaries were.

I felt his hand tighten on mine, "I missed you, (Y/n)..." I heard him say quietly.

I smiled more, feeling my chest glitter a bit. "Me too, Mui."

「Taisho Era Secrets」

❀ Muichiro volunteered to come to the leaf village mostly just to see (Y/n) again.

❀ (Y/n) thought that Hyousuke's eyes were pretty.

❀ (Y/n) personally thinks Muichiro and Gaara would get along.

❀ (Y/n) likes Shikamaru a little more after his match. (not in that way. She means as a person.)

❀ Hyousuke would sometimes look at (Y/n) because he recognized her as a Hashira. But he was also admiring her beauty. Maybe...

Question of the Day: Who do you think is (Y/n)'s best friend?

Hello peeps. Author Chan is back from the dead! I know I said I wanted to try to post on the day of my birthday, but it went by so quickly that day. I unfortunately can't access my Netflix cuz my device wasn't fit for it. So I assumed the same for my computer but I just found out a few days ago I can access it. What a waste.

Anyway, I had a hard time choosing who to pick from kny as who was gonna come to the leaf village. So I decided through the wheel of names a couple days ago and it landed on Muichiro. I was excited to write the whole thing.

Anyway, I'm sorry for the late delay. I've been driving literally my whole February break. My dad won't leave me alone. He's scary as a teacher. ૧(ꂹີωꂹີૂ)

Author signing out!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

520 23 10
Y/N, a Shinobi in Naruto, has an untold story of her life. She has experienced much, but more is yet to come. Meeting friends and loved ones, going t...
123K 1.6K 47
You are (Y/N) Uzumaki, a young aspiring ninja of the Village Hidden in the Leaves. You are the son of Minato Namikaze, the Fourth Hokage of the villa...
11.5K 319 34
After defeating Kaguya and bringing Sasuke back to their village. Naruto was hailed as a hero for achieving peace which is admired by all. But when N...
304K 11.1K 50
Y/n L/n the last survivor of the L/n clan. Will protect Naruto with her life. Meets Gaara. Decides to protect him at all costs too. Fuck everyone els...