Colouring Outside The Lines

By Penelope_Shuettez

Not all first loves are meant to be and not all "meant-to-be" couples end up together. Lucas and Quinn learnt... More

Introduction
Playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36

Chapter 28

5 2 2
By Penelope_Shuettez

ROYANNE

     Despite the semester restarting. Layla decided that her birthday party would be a somewhat back to school party.
      I spent hours with her planning it out. A full blown pool party the day before and a classy party on the actual day.
     The pool party was starting at sometime before the sun set. The evenings had been hot lately so swimming was a good option.

       "Make sure you get here on time please," Layla said through the phone.

       "I know. Don't worry love," I told her, "bye."

      I cut the call then turned to Margie. We were talking over the deals and offers I received.

      "Well that wraps up today," Margie said while shutting down her laptop, "I'll leave you to prepare for your party."

      "Thanks. Let me text Demetri and tell him that we'll just meet up from there," I said.

      "You two are doing well. Tonight's party will be filled with social figures so I hope you bring your A game," She joked.

      "We always bring our A game," I said.

        "Hmm. Your A game is making people think you're saving intimacy for marriage," She said while arching her eyebrows.

       I groaned. Sure Demetri and I have been cute. But it's just simple pecks, hand holding or him holding my waist. Isn't that what couples do though.

     "You are young and tonight is a time to be wreckless. I'm not saying have sex. Lucas will throw a fit," she laughed.
        "I'm saying just make out a little. Like you can't get enough of each other. Not like a Jane Austen novel."

       "There is no problem in waiting for marriage. And newsflash, Jane Austen novels are amazing," I replied before she stood up to leave.

      "I know kid," she smiled, "see you Monday. I expect to see photos of you and Demetri on the internet tomorrow, that will definitely get me through the weekend."

        "I did not know you're into kinky stuff," I teased.

       "I'll get you back for that," She said while walking out.

      I went upstairs to go shower. Both my parents had the day shift so I was home alone.

       Layla's party was a baby blue, lavender and white outfit them. Her favorite colors. Though she'd be dressed in all white unlike everyone else.

      I wore a two piece baby blue halter bikini and put some drawstring pants over. I then got a swim cover up. My hair was in cornrows so that was a plus over the water situation.

      I grabbed my bag, put all my essentials in, locked the house and drove to Layla's.

      My phone was connected to the car so when I got a call from Lucas, I just answered it from the steering wheel.

      "Hey babe," I said while driving.

      "Hey, how are you?" Lucas responded.

        "I'm okay, just driving," I said while humming to the song that was previously playing.

       "Wanna come over tonight. It's been ages since I've seen you," He asked.

        I sighed. It really had. I last saw him last week and it was brief.
        "Can't tonight, Layla is hosting a pre birthday pool party. I'm actually on my way there."

       I heard him sigh, "it's okay then. Maybe sometime after tomorrow because I feel like they'll be an actual birthday party tomorrow as well."

        "Yep," I laughed, "how about this? I come over and spend the night at your place though I might come in a bit late."

       "Sure, just text me when you arrive, you know the pass code," He told me.

       "Yep," I said while parking my car alongside some other cars, "I've arrived. I'll see you later okay. Bye."

       "Bye butterfly," He said and the call disconnected.

      I quickly grabbed my things and went inside. Most of the guests hadn't arrived yet so we got to do the final touches.

       The backyard was littered in fairylights, blue and purple floaties and accessories that glow in the dark. These were to be used when it got darker.
        The drinks were set, so was the food. It looked amazing. Layla went to change into a two piece white outfit. The skirt had a slit that went past her mid thigh and the top was off shouldered. Most of the outfit was see through.

       Guests arrived and the party was in full force, though it wasn't crowded, just a comfortable number. I had taken off the drawstring pants and put them in my bag.

       "Well doesn't my girlfriend look breathtaking," I heard Demetri say and I turned to face him.
        He was dressed in a baby blue tropic print shirt over white vest and matching drawstring shorts. His hair was in cute natural braids.

        "Don't get your hopes up Ro, he meant me," Layla teased before going to him.

       "Always you princess, happy pre birthday," Demetri said as they hugged. She thanked him and they pulled away from each other.
       He walked over and took a seat next to me.

        "Hey King," He said before kissing my cheek.

        "After publicly cheating on me Othonos, no thank you," I joked.
     People around us laughed.

       Eventually we all split up, danced around, got drunk, went swimming in the massive pools. It was all fun.

       I was sitting at the edge of the pool while Demetri did a some laps. This pool was less crowded because the water was warmer because of the heat and people wanted it cooler.

      "It's a pool party not a swimming gala," I joked when Demetri popped up.
       The guy had a sculpted chest. I always joked about him being greek and all, but this. How many times does he hit the gym?
     He rested his arms on the edge next to me.

      "It's a large pool with a few people, let me enjoy it," He said.

      "Why didn't you participate in this year's swim season though?" I asked out of curiosity.

      "My dad said it would be better if I used the break to go ahead in my studies. It's senior year after all," he said nonchalantly.

       I had a feeling he wasn't very happy about it.

       "Why are some people looking at us as if they expect us to be doing something?" he said and I looked around.

      Some girls gave me knowing looks.

     "I guess because we are Madly in love, half naked and in a secluded-ish pool," I said while trying not to laugh.

     Demetri playfully rolled his eyes and pulled back into the pool. I knew that if he stood, he'd be eye level with me.

     "Sadly for them, maybe the rumors are true that we are a Jane Austen novel," I said.

      "Which are actually amazing," He said, "but.. Are you okay with giving them a show?"

      "Margie would kill me if we don't," I said.

      "Okay, so what are my restrictions?" he asked jokingly.

     "Well it has to look all lovey dovey so I don't think so.. Oh.. No hickeys, please," I said sternly.

     "Will do," he said while raising his hands in surrender.
     "And Action," he said while swimming away.

      He swam back and appeared between were my legs where suspended into the pool.
     Seeing him there was a bit compromising and funny. I could tell we both wanted to laugh.
     He stood and put his hands on either side of my thighs.
      We both leaned in until our lips met and moved against each other in sync. Demetri's hands ran from my thighs to my waist while mine raked over his chest.
      It possibly did look like a passionate kiss because hell, I've said this before and I'm saying it again. Demetri is a great kisser.

      We both pulled away and he rested his forehead on mine.

      "Get a room, please!" Layla shouted playfully.
      I turned and could see that some people had there phones out.

      "Told you he prefers dancers!" I yelled back at Layla.

     I do not know why but my body was hot all over, especially where Demetri's skin touched mine. Sharing bodily heat I guess.

       Demetri laughed and went back into the pool.

    As late night fell, most of us sat by the fireplace and played games or told stories.
     I had changed into the spare cloths I had packed. But had to stick with the swim cover up because I Stupidly forgot my jersey.
      The fire was providing warmth. It was only when I left the fireplace when I realized it was a chilly night. I was also cold from swimming.

      "Thanks for coming and for helping me," Layla said when I told her that I was leaving.

      "You're welcome. See you tomorrow," I told her and we hugged. She then went to her other guests.

       "The cold never bothered me anyway," Demetri sang in the Let it go tune.

      "You're such a bully," I told him.

       "And you're not Elsa, sadly. Didn't carry a jersey?" he asked.

       "I thought I did," I replied.

        "I have a hoodie in my car, let's go," he offered.

       "Um No thanks," I said.

       "Hey, what kind of a boyfriend would I be if I let my girlfriend freeze while I'm warm," He said.

       He was dressed in sweatpants and a Nasa sweatshirt.

       "Did you know I'm now ranking as one of the world's top boyfriend material? I have a standard to keep," he teased.

      I rolled my eyes and laughed.

     "Okay Mr boyfriend of the year, let's go. And if it smells sweaty then I'm taking the sweatshirt you are wearing," I said sternly.

      We reached his car and he handed me a white LA Lakers hoodie. His number on the side.
      It covered me like a dress and enveloped me in his scent. Definitely not sweaty.

      "I shall now walk you to your car milady," he said and I laughed.

     "Cheverly still lives," I said as we began walking.

      "Oh I have to post photos of the party and some on my story, last photo of the night?" I asked him.

      "Sure," he replied.

      "Okay then, let's take a selfie," I said while opening my camera and putting both of us into view.
     He came forward, hugged me from behind while putting his arms around my shoulders and rested his chin on my shoulder.
      I was caught slightly off guard but smiled and took pictures nevertheless.

      "Good night King, drive safe," He told me.

       "You too Othonos," I said and got into my car. Off to Lucas's.

LUCAS
     I chose to be safe and not open Instagram because I definitely didn't want to see any 'couple' pictures.

      I heard the front door open and Royanne walked in. It was well past eleven.  She was in warm looking black leggings and a baggy Lakers hoodie.

       "Hey, sorry I'm a bit late," She said while coming straight into my arms for a hug on the couch.

       I wrapped my arms around her but instead of being enveloped in her scent, a muscline one filled my nostrils.

       "Out of curiosity, who's hoodie is this?" I asked.

      She looked up to face me, "Demetri's. I forgot to pack a jersey so he gave me his."

       How sweet. Please note: sarcasm.

      "Anyway. I'm exhausted but I missed you," She said and looked into my eyes.

      I pushed whatever I was feeling aside and decided to enjoy this little time I had with her.

      I cupped her face to kiss her but she covered her lips.
     "Oops. Uhm... Demetri and I kinda had to kiss today so why don't I freshen up and get changed."

       She got up quickly and went upstairs. Leaving me dumbstruck. I sighed and put my head in my hands.

    After sometime, I sat in my room on a round stool by the shelves putting some of my folders back.

       I felt Royanne's arms around me.

      "A little too late to be filing, don't you think," she said.

      "I had to do all I could to stop myself from coming into the bathroom," I said while turning around to face her. She was in a bathrobe.

       I could feel myself heat up already.

      "You should have, I got bored," She said while sitting astride me.

      I could very much tell she could feel me underneath her because I certainly could.

       "Why don't I make it up to you," I said while carrying her and laying her on the bed. She giggled.

      Soon my mouth and hands was all over her body and I could forget whatever happened the past weeks and just focus on her. On us.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

374 4 38
"So... What do you think?" I asked him still looking at his eyes and not taking my eyes off of them. "We are just going to be in a relationship like...
120K 7K 18
Do you believe in love at first sight? What about connection at first sight? Lennon felt a strong connection to Jax when she slipped in a puddle and...
11.8K 248 39
**In the process of being edited** Melanie Newman believed in happily ever afters. That was untill her parents forced her to break up with the person...
Light Hope By Kayla Bruce

Mystery / Thriller

339 58 10
It started as a Dare- a kiss that didn't quite go as planned. Only I and one other person witness the truth behind the rumour that got out of hand. M...