Vengeance for the forsaken

Da ElinedeGroot

What if?! what if Aegon indeed harbored some love for his sister and knew what his grandfather had planned... Altro

Shadows
Chamber of the Stranger
Shattered Hearts
Splintering
Bruises
Burning pyre
The Queen's coronation
Ungrateful
The Heir
Past and Present
Author's message

Secret Passageways

1.5K 26 2
Da ElinedeGroot

"Let go of me!" Aegon spat as Aemond dragged him by the edge of his cloak. He tried kicking him as Aemond dragged him out of the room and outside.

"Prince Aemond!" Arryk Cargyll called out for him and in that moment of weakness Aegon pulled himself out of Aemond's grasp and started running down the steps but Aemond rapidly followed him and dug at him.

The two men fell to the ground and tussled around "Let me go!" Aegon again yelled. Aemond stopped for a split second and looked at Aegon

"Spit in my face" he whispered as he saw Criston Cole and Arryk Cargyll approach. Aegon looked at him and followed his lead spitting in his face.

Aemond dragged him up on his feet and Aegon put his hand on his face "Please brother.. I have no wish to rule.. no desire for the throne" He spoke loudly a slight smile on his face.

"We need to drag this out longer..." Aemond whispered to his brother.

"How?" Aegon spat silently. "They wish to get me back to the castle as soon as possible!"

"That you are right Prince Aegon" Ser Criston Cole spoke as he laid a hand on both of the Princes shoulder.

"Ser Criston... I have one last wish before being dragged back to my mother.... To visit my favorite pleasure house as just prince Aegon... you wouldn't dare to deprive your future king of that hmm?" He purred and looked over his shoulder to the knight.

Criston Cole sighed "Well... only if we go with you... we can't have you running of can't we?"  He spoke grabbing Aegon by the arm and starting to walk.

Just before sunrise Rhaenyra and her delegation arrived at the outskirts of Kings Landing. The sun already starting to loom over the horizon.

Everyone made way to the farm as Daemon had secured 4 horses to take them to Kings Landing.

Rhaenyra turned to the group and folded her hands in front of herself again, her fingers playing with the rings on her other hand. "Daemon... who is loyal to me and our family?" she asked turning her head.

"Ser Harold Westerling is.... I do not know how the rest of the Kings Guard fares.... The City watch are still loyal to me..." He spoke

"The small council as a whole is a problem.... The lords have never been quite happy you have been named heir..." Daemon looked back at Rhaenyra.

Rhaenyra sighed and looked over at her sons and stepdaughters. "Jace... Baela... I wish for you to take the secret passage through the castle to find the Princess Helaena and her children.. secure their safety" The two nodded and looked back at each other.

"Daemon... you take the loyal Kings Guard and let them round op every lord that sat the council room this night loyal to Otto... and put them in the black cells.... Try to have them do it silently... Otto.. is yours... I do want him alive in front of me when I sit the throne..."  she spoke the last part through gritted teeth.

At last they turned to Luce and Rhaena "you two with me.... We are going to find the King Viserys...."  She looked as the two also nodded.

Baela and Jace took one horse each, just as Rhaena and Luce. Daemon turned to his wife and laid his hand on her cheek

"I do not wish to rule a kingdom of ash and bone husband...." Rhaenyra said as she looked up at Daemon and leaned into his hand against her cheek.

Daemon nodded and pressed a soft kiss on her forehead before letting go of her and walking to the horse.

He took one look back as everyone had mounted their horses and he met their gazes with a soft nod. Dark sister reflecting in the soft glowing moonlight ready for any battle they were about to face.

After a short horse ride they were at the doors of the city. Daemon peeked from under his cloak "From this moment we will split up from one another... be careful and do your duties...nothing more... don't try to be the hero here." He spoke as he led his horse into the city and disappeared from sight.

Jace looked at his mother and sighed "Don't let this be for nothing" Rhaenyra softly spoke giving the both of them a look only a mother could give.

As they departed into another side of the town Rhaenyra, Rhaena and Luce went right for the red keeps side entrance.

Getting into the secret passage ways was another hurdle as the castle grounds were swarming with people. They sat behind a wall waiting for the guard to leave his post.

As soon as he did Rhaenyra strode over and bucked against the door to open the secret passageway up. It luckily gave away pretty easy and she gestured for the two to follow her through the sand filled damp passageway. Sometimes being startled by a big rat that jumped from a ledge or a spider that had weaved its web in a corner.

"I hear voices" Rhaenyra spoke as she held up a finger. She laid a hand against the wall and followed the sounds until they became louder.

"two voices" Luce said trying to get closer to the wall and laid his ear against it.

"Grandmother" Rhaena whispered as she recognized the voice in the room.

Rhaenyra found a loose stone and pushed it out of the way softly as the piece of the wall gave away. The sound of a wall shifting made Rhaenys and the other person she was with turn around.

Rhaena pushed past both Lucerys and Rhaenyra and ran straight to her.

"Rhaena what are you doing here child!"  Rhaenys spoke as she held Rhaena in an embrace.

"I did not come alone grandmother..." she said shifting her gaze from the dark hole in the wall. Luce and Rhaenyra pushed themselves through and stood in the light of the room.

Rhaenys looked at Rhaenyra "Princess... what is the meaning of this-"

She was interrupted by the guard that stood next to her "Princess Rhaenyra" he spoke as he bent down on one knee. "Ser Erryk" She in return spoke.

"They are going to usurp the throne your grace.. we mustn't let that happen!" He spoke and held his hand on the pommel of his sword.

"That is why I am here Ser... we all are... Daemon is rounding up the green council and placing them in the black cells as we speak.... Baela and Jace are securing Helaena and her children as I wish no harm upon them" she spoke shifting her gaze from Ser Erryk to Rhaenys.

"What about Prince Aegon and Aemond?..." Rhaenys asked looking back at her, eyebrows furrowed together as she tried to understand the plan.

"Ser Erryk may I ask you to help us empty the castle of any guard who is loyal to the greens?.. but try to keep it silent.."  Rhaenyra spoke, the guard nodding and leaving the room locking it behind him.

Daemon smiled as he heard Ser Tyland Lannister was dragged out of his chambers by one of the knights. with a rag stuffed in his mouth but he kept writhing and trying to yell. That annoyed him and his smile disappeared. Daemon made his way to him and give him a hard knock on the side of his head knocking him out right then and there

It was silent carnage in the halls of the castle. Everywhere you looked gold cloaks of the city watch had rummaged to find the members that had formed the green council that night.

One by one they were dragged out Maester Orwyle at last. Daemon strode over to him and looked down at the man being held down by two gold cloaks and ripped the rag out of his mouth

"did you all really think we would go down without a fight!" He spoke. Maester Orwyle looked like he had seen the ghost.

At last they dragged out the master of laws Lord Jason Wylde and Lord Larys Strong.

"Bring them to the black cells... don't leave them out of your sight and take anything they may use as a weapon" He barked at a few of the gold cloaks.

Then he turned back around striding to the chambers that were reserved for the hand of the King.

Otto Hightower.

Daemon pulled out Dark sister and held her in his hands before returning his gaze to the door and stabbing Dark Sister right through it. The door didn't have anything to brace itself against valyrian steel. It broke away and Daemon hacked through it until a hole big enough he could climb through.

With long steps he strode over to Otto hightower who had stood up and looked at him with horror in his eyes.

"Otto Fucking Hightower... you are hereby arrested....of high treason against the crown... killing the King and whatever more you have conspired you dirty rat" He spat dark sister held against Otto's neck.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerΓ  anche

345K 13.4K 52
𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐒𝐧𝐠.... The love of a mother for her children damns all. HOTD x Elaina Hightower Β© π§π¨π­π‘π¨π§πžπ²π›πžπž
28.7K 871 20
The younger sister of Viserys and Daemon Targaryen, if you thought Daemon was the rough prince Visaera, was the only one who rivalled that. She wasn...
17.6K 436 15
π–πž 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐨𝐟 π…πˆπ‘π„ π–πž 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐁𝐔𝐑𝐍 sorry for not adding this sooner but SLOW BURN Aegon Targaryen x Targ!OC Al...
55.5K 3.5K 48
Baelon Targaryen lives! Aemma Arryn was promised by her grandmother that she would never marry without love and only when she wished. While her cousi...