It Was Always You

By ARCastaneda

Two best friends. One girl. Two sudden rivals. She never wanted to come between them. But they didnt give her... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Four

6 0 0
By ARCastaneda

Mila had to use the restroom. She came out of Selena's room and walked to the bathroom, turned on the light and stopped when she heard a door open. She looked down the hallway to see Evan coming out.

"Hey." He whispered.

She smiled weakly at him. "Hey."

"You gonna use the bathroom?" he asked walking up next to her.

Stopping right beside her, she can smell a masculine fragrance on him. She recognized it being popular among the teenage boys. It smelt good on him.

"Yeah, I'll just be a moment."

"Wait." He suddenly said looking to be a bit embarrassed about something.

He crossed his arms and leaned against the door frame. "I was kinda wondering about something...actually, I've been thinking about it all day."

She looked at him with a curious expression wondering just what it was he was up too. It was quiet in the house and the only light available was the bathroom.

"What is it?" She whispered.

They inched a little closer, so they didn't have to speak too loudly afraid they'll wake the siblings. Mila's heart spiked at how close he had become and felt a little nervous and jittery all the sudden. She tried to control the fast breathing that instantly overcame her, and she wished that there was a little distance between the two of them, afraid he might notice her state.

"Well, I can better show you than actually telling you." He had the tiniest smirks on his face.

She frowned just a bit not sure where he was getting at. Just what exactly was it he needed to show her? As far as she knew he didn't have anything on hand. So, she was kind of confused.

"Okay." She hesitantly said.

Evan smiled even more and before she knew what he was really going to do he leaned forward. Then the realization came full force that he was going to kiss her right there in the middle of the night in front of the bathroom door. With her heart pounding, her stomach full of butterflies, she tensed up and right before the second his lips were going to touch hers; they heard a door open down the hall and the harsh firm words,

"What the hell is going on?"

Jared stared at them. He had wondered what was going on when Evan had gotten up out of bed and some whispering sounded in the hallway. When he realized it was Mila, he became highly curious and a little well...jealous. Against his better judgment of himself he put his ear against the door and eavesdropped on what they were saying. When he heard that Evan had something to show her anger rose in him thinking the worst, it wouldn't have been the first time that his best friend tricked a girl when he had to show her something and the poor females fell for it. Evan always thought it was hilarious, so afraid he was about to do it to Mila drove him to jerk the door open. But what he saw made him even angrier.

"Going a bit young aren't you Evan? I mean she's like what twelve, thirteen years old?" he bit out knowing damn well how old she really was.

Her cheeks flamed at that. "I happen to be fourteen." She clenched out with a little anger.

Evan couldn't help the smile he placed at Jared. "Do you mind going away Jared, me and Mila here were discussing something important."

He raised his brow at him. "Oh really?"

They stared at each other with something almost of a challenge. She looked between the two of them not really liking what was going on at that moment.

Then Jared broke the silence. "Well, don't mind me, have at it." He said almost carelessly.

She got angry at that statement. "Excuse me, but I am right here. I'm not a damn bimbo or some playmate you guys can do whatever the hell you want with!" She snapped.

She wasn't a damn show for their entertainment and if either of them thought for one second, she was going to continue whatever it was that was going to happen then they were both dead wrong. She turned right into the bathroom not wanting to be in their presence any longer and slammed the door leaving them in complete darkness.

Jared was immediately ashamed of himself and felt like a giant fool for acting up the way that he had. Selena suddenly came out of her room. Her eyes still halfway closed, hair tangled and mussed, she yawned then frowned at them.

"What's going on? Who's shouting?" She asked them groggily.

"Why don't you ask your brother since he's the brainiac. I'm sure he can come with some excuse for you." Evan said as he passed him to go in the room.

Jared turned slightly to shut the bedroom door and walked over to his little sister. "It was nothing Sel, just go back to bed alright."

She didn't argue with him as she simply shrugged, turned back around, and shut her own bedroom door. He looked to the bathroom door and decided to wait for Mila to come out. He needed to apologize, and it couldn't wait until morning. He didn't mean to say what he did it just came out with no thought on his part. He was just annoyed and irritated because he'll admit he found his sister's best friend very attractive. There was just something about her he just couldn't shake off.

Mila flushed the toilet then washed her hands still a bit angry and a little hurt. Was that how Selena's brother saw her? Just some brainwashed teen that only thought of girlie crushes and cute little kisses from a cute boy? It bothered her it if did. She wasn't like that at all and he didn't even give her a chance to show that she wasn't.

She looked into the mirror and sighed at herself. She turned around and opened the door just to jump in surprise to see Jared leaning against the opposite wall with his arms crossed. She had to admit with him wearing light grey sweatpants and a white tank, that seriously fitted his muscles like a second skin, with hair mussed from the pillow, he looked too good to be true. And damn her heart and stomach for doing crazy little flips when she laid eyes on him.

As a last defense she crossed her arms and gave him what she hoped was a withering stare instead of a girlish one. The age thing really did get to her because out of all people she didn't want this guy to think that she was just some cute little kid with a crush.

He looked at her and tried hard to keep the small laughter that was building up. He could tell she was trying to give him a serious expression and he would have taken seriously too if she didn't look so damn cute doing it. Man, this was going to be a long night for him.

He undid his arms and stepped closer to her. "Look, I'm sorry for how I acted just now." He rubbed his head little. "It's just I overheard your conversation and thought that Evan was going to..."

He stopped what he was saying not wanting to go any further with that statement.

She softened at the genuine way he was apologizing but she was now curious to know what it was that he had thought was going to happen. She sighed heavily and looked down at her hands.

"It's alright, I can look out for myself, however I'm not a little girl who should be told I'm doing something wrong or acting like a middle-aged schoolgirl, especially by someone who is only a year and a half older than I am."

He frowned at her. "But that's just it. I'm sixteen and I'm older than you which tells me you're too young to be doing those things. I feel like I'm responsible for you."

She scoffs a bit. "It's just a kiss Jared."

"Yeah, maybe so, but while you're here and my parents gone it's my job to look out for you and for my sister."

Not really wanting too and just wanting to drop the subject already she was starting to get that annoying feeling again and a little angry. Who was he to tell her what she can and can't do anyways? She just met him for one thing and for another even though he may be older he was still a kid himself.

"I can do whatever I want it's my person not yours. You're not my dad or my brother. I know when to say no and stop it before it can get worse."

He clenched his teeth holding back a snappish and harsh retort to that statement. The girl wasn't getting it.

"You know what? You're right, I'm not either of those things. If you want to do what you want, then go on ahead. Be a tramp." Well, he tried to hold it back anyways and yet he failed.

They both stared down at each other. She was so mad that she wanted to hit him hard in the face. He was upset and afraid that she might end up doing something stupid that she will regret for the rest of her life. Why can't she see what he was trying to implement here?

Looking at her with eyes the color of green fire and her skin flushed with the anger she was showing he realized then that he was crazy for this girl. Crazy enough that if she wanted to experiment anything of the sort, she could well damn do it with him.

He whipped out a hand and grabbed her waist to him so fast she didn't see it coming. What she also didn't see coming was his lips crashing down on hers hard. But even though he completely through her off the moment she felt his heat against her body and the pressure of his lips upon hers and she became completely lost.

She melted right into him.

Jared relaxed against her completely forgetting the reason why he was doing this in the first place. Backfiring on him was not part of the plan whatsoever. Pulling her closer to him he wrapped his arms around her waist and slightly opened her mouth and deepened the kiss even more. He heard her sigh as she clung to him and she easily followed his lead.

They stood there kissing in the hallway for what seemed like forever and her mind slipped away of everything that had just transpired just moments ago. He got ahold of himself, shaken more than he thought he would have been, he pushed her away roughly.

"So, what's your excuse for that Mila?" He was really beginning to hate himself at this point.

She realized it was all a stupid joke on her and she felt embarrassed, so shameful, and exposed it made her furious at him. She slapped him so hard across the face it made a hollow sound and left her hand feeling numb with pinpoints. She didn't bother to say another word, didn't even wait to see her bright red handprint stamped on his entire cheek. She ran straight into Selena's room and shut the door.

He stood there welcoming the pain that she had just inflicted on him and felt horrible. The tears that became present in her eyes was all he needed to snuff out the jealous anger to be replaced with a regret that was filled with shame, disappointment, and dismay.

He slowly walked back into his own room to hear Evan snoring loudly. He felt a wave of relief that he wasn't awake to have heard his epic fall of becoming the biggest jackass in the world. He laid down and found it was going to be pointless in trying to get some rest because his mind couldn't stop repeating the whole incident by the bathroom door. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23 0 9
When a young girl develops feelings for two of her childhood friends, what will happen? Who will she pick? Or is it just a one sided love between fri...
271 50 18
The story revolves around Ariel and her love interest, will she ever be able to express her feelings and will she ever come to know that her love int...
997 65 24
The tale of two madly in love souls, craving each other more than anything, torn apart by unexpected and unfortunate circumstances.
4.1K 164 68
So who will it be for this hopelessly unromantic girl? The brooding best friend? Or the young and unquestionably attractive substitute teacher? They...