The Stepbrother (UPDATED)

By emopastelgirl

This story has been edited and updated! Please Read: WARNING! (R+18) This contains mature content and trigger... More

Author's Note
Please Read: Updated Author's Note
Oct 2022: Updated Author's Note
March 2023 Author's Note/Announcements and Other Stuff
🔪Prologue (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 1: Aurora (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 2: Proposal (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 3: Dinner (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 4: Wedding Dresses (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 5: The Big Day (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 6: Music Box (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 7: Mr. Davies and Black Mailing (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 8: Creeping (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 9: The Night Her World Turned Black and White (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 10: The Morning After (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 11: Warning (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 12: Mouth Full of Lies (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 13: Followed (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 14: First Target (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 16 Part 1: Halloween Party (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 16 Part 2: Halloween Party (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 16 Part 3: Halloween Party (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 17: The Attic (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 18: Hello... Brother (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 19: Positive Result (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 20: Scars, Wounds, Lies, and Cameras (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 21: Realizations (UPDATED)
July 2023 Author's Note
🔪 Chapter 22: Sleepover Gone Wrong (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 23: Hospitalized (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 24: Runaway (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 25: Enough (UPDATED)
Might put this story ON HOLD or even DISCONTINUE this story and other stuff...
🔪 Chapter 26: Guts and Scissors (UPDATED)
Announcement
🔪 Chapter 27: Unraveled Past (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 28: The Talk (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 29: Revealing the Truth (UPDATED)
Thank you for 100k!
Author's Note
🔪 Chapter 30: Poison (UPDATED)
taking a break from wattpad
🔪 Chapter 31: Eenie Meenie Miney Moe, Catch A Lady By Her Toe (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 32: If She Screams, Don't Let Her Go (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 33: Tag You're It, Now Let's Play Hide And Seek (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 34: Clock's Ticking, Your Time Is Up (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 35: Everybody is a Fool (UPDATED)
🔪 QnA!
Sequel Teaser!
🎉Thank you for 300k and 7k votes!!!
Prequel + Heavy Editing
If this story will turn into a movie...
hear me out: who would play as the characters in this story?
FINALLY! EDITING AND UPDATING DONE!

🔪Chapter 15: Better Lock Your Doors At Night

4.3K 112 13
By emopastelgirl

Please Read! Trigger Warning: Mention of a dangerous/sharp object (knife and hammer), mention of themes of sexual trauma (sexual harassment), blood, death, murder, violence, and graphic content

This chapter contains trigger warnings such as mentioning of a dangerous/sharp object (knife and hammer), mention of themes of sexual trauma (sexual harassment), blood, death, murder, violence, and graphic content that may be upsetting for some readers. Please proceed at your own risk or you can skip to the next chapter.

Also Quick Author's Note: This is a new chapter! There might be more new chapters but we'll just have to wait and see! This will be my third to the last chapter that needs to be edited/updated which means once the last three chapters will be uploaded, I will unpublish the next five chapters of the story and edit/update them then publish them again and repeat with the next five chapters until every bit of this story, from top to bottom (with new chapters), will be fully edited and updated and finished for good this time! For now, I hope you enjoy this new chapter!

Aurora's POV

I decided to take a walk around the neighborhood. I have asked permission from my Mom and I'm still walking around.

"Aurora." I heard someone calling for me.

I look up and saw Miss Victoria, one of our neighbors, waving at me.

I walk towards her and I noticed she is holding one of her cats in her arms.

Miss Victoria is a kind, old lady who owns two or three cats, and sometimes, she can be seen walking around or on her front porch or front yard. 

"Hi, Miss Victoria." I greeted.

"Hello, dear, how are you?" She asked.

As much as I hate lying, I have to say something.

"Um... I'm fine, I guess. What about you?" I asked.

"I'm doing fine as well. I'm sorry for interrupting your alone time."

"It's fine, don't worry, I was just getting some fresh air. Do you need anything?" 

"Your stepbrother... Steven, is he still around in his father's house?" She asked.

My eyebrows furrowed as I look at her, confused.  

As soon as she mentioned Steven, I noticed her cat getting all tensed up, and Miss Victoria puts her cat down.

"Um... yeah but why? Do you need something from him or do you want to talk to him?"

"Oh no, it's just that..." Before she could finish her sentence, she waved her hand. "Never mind."

"What? Miss Victoria, whatever you're going to say about Steven, you can tell me and you can trust me. I won't say anything to him, I promise." I said. "You can't just leave me hanging like that."

She looks around before leaning her face closer to mine as she whispers, "Promise me, you won't tell?"

I nodded. "Promise. So, is there anything you want to say about Steven?"

"It's just that he doesn't seem to change one bit. He just seems to be an odd kid." She said.

He is more than 'just odd'. If only she knew his true colors.

"How odd, exactly?" 

"It's probably just me but it's just that he kept a lot of things to himself as if he was hiding something from everyone around him, even from his own father but his father was always busy with work. I know he grew up without a mother ever since he was little so there wasn't really anybody to guide him and he just seems not so stable. All I'm saying is that you need to be careful, Aurora." She explained.

Well, I really need to be careful around him.

"I need to know something, Miss Victoria. Has he done anything terrible before?"

"Not quite but it was just very odd to me that whenever there's trouble or something bad happens, he's always there. Maybe just a coincidence but he can't just happen to be there all the time if I'm making some sense here. Years ago, it was said that a young boy fell off a slide and broke his neck and ankle Steven happened to be there and the mother of the young boy accused Steven of pushing him. Two months after that, an old man died because of food poisoning and Steven happened to be there as well as soon as the ambulance arrived. It's awfully strange, don't you think?" She finished.

There are a lot of things I don't about him and it's scary.

Miss Victoria grab my hands and I flinched. "Listen to me, Aurora. I may be nosey and I'm fully aware of that but you can never be too sure. Just look after yourself, okay? But you seem like someone who can handle themselves but there's nothing wrong with reaching out for help. So if you need anything, I'll be happy to help you."

Her last sentence hit me hard in the chest. But it's hard.

My conscience kept on telling me over and over but I just can't.

I just can't.

"I will, Miss Victoria, thank you. I should head back, it's almost sundown and my Mom might be worried about me."

She nodded and patted my hand. "Take care of yourself, dear."

Then she walks back to her house.

Now it's time for me to head back.

___

Many hours passed and strangely enough, Steven didn't do anything which is a relief for me and I don't have to deal with any of his bullshit.

After Mom kissed me good night, I made sure to lock the door and even block it with a chair just in case. I keep my night light on and I just look up at the ceiling for a while.

But then my eyes became heavy and I tried my best to keep myself awake for a bit longer by pinching my arm and cheeks. I couldn't keep my eyes open and all of the sudden, I can feel myself drifting away.

___

Steven's POV

As soon as everyone is asleep, I quietly sneak out of the house and on my way to Mr. Davies' house. It's a little bit far but I got all night.

I did a little more research of Mr. Davies and his home and all I can say is that he has a lot of stuff underneath that average teacher persona of his.

The rumors about him are true alright, but how the hell did he maintain a job in a fucking school.

He used to be a college teacher, teaching the same subject. True.

He was known as a well-respected and hardworking teacher at the university where he used to teach. Bullshit.

Rumor has it that he got one of his students pregnant and somehow got away with it. True.

Another rumor has it that he sexually harassed some students and got away with it. Also true.

He's gonna be a dead man. True, in my book.

Speaking of the dead man in waiting, I am right in front of his house.

There's his car and I need to get to the backdoor.

But before that, I quietly walk up and try to take a peek inside of his house. He's in the living room, watching TV.

I walk around the house, hide in the darkest part of his house, and I pull out some things from my backpack. Gloves, to avoid leaving any fingerprints. a mask. to cover my face and of course, a knife.

I put my backpack away and I just need to find a way to distract him while I will let myself in.

Mr. Davies POV

"Fucking idiot," I muttered to myself as I change the channel.

Then all of the sudden, I heard something coming from outside but I ignore it.

Probably some kids doing harmless pranks.

Then there's that noise again but this time, it became louder.

I lower the volume of the TV before getting up from the couch and decided to check what was making those noises earlier.

I walk towards the front door and take a look around.

"Hello? Whoever's been making that noise, it's not funny." I said.

There's no one.

I let out a sigh and as soon as I close the door, the lights went out.

"What the fuck?" I mumbled to myself. Everything is dark and my only source of light is coming from the lights outside.                       

I walk towards the coffee table and grab my... wait.

Where's my phone?

I must have dropped it or misplaced it or maybe... someone's in here.

No, my phone is around here somewhere. I just need to look for it and call the police.

I walk towards the bookshelf beside the TV and grab a flashlight.

I turn it on and I can feel something behind me.

"You should really lock your doors at night." A voice spoke.

And before I could take a look at his face, I felt something heavy and it hit my cheek and I fell down to the floor and drop the flashlight.

"Fuck!" I shouted and I look up at the person. I can see his figure but I can't see his face.

"Who are you?!" I shouted again.

The person didn't respond and before I could even move, he lifted the weapon in his hand, a hammer, and hit my leg.

"Ah!" I screamed then he hit my other leg.

My thoughts are all over the place and all I can feel is pain.

He put the hammer down and pull out another weapon, a knife this time.

I can't move because of my injured legs then he pinned me down to the ground.

Steven's POV

"What the fuck is your problem?!" He shouted.

"My problem? You." I said.

"I don't even know you. You're crazy!" He shouted again.

I let out a sigh. 

"Let's just get this over with," I said as I stab him and he starts screaming again.

Then I stab him again.

And again.

And again.

And again.

And again.

And again.

And again.

And he's... dead.

It became a bloodbath here.

I sighed once more.

"You know... it's fucking crazy." I spoke as I stand up and pick up the hammer.

"You committed some crazy shit and yet you got away with it. Unfortunately, that's the only thing we have in common." I said as I start walking back to the kitchen and turn the electricity back on. I pull out his phone from my pocket and put it back on the coffee table.

I look around and I spotted a picture frame. I scoffed.

"I can't believe you have a fucking wife and a kid. You're fucked in the head."

I shake my head and start walking away. I grab my backpack and head out through the backdoor.

Before I close the door, I spotted some of my bloody shoe prints on the floor.

Good thing, I brought an extra pair of shoes and I can just burn the ones I'm wearing right now soon.

 I let out a sigh, take my shoes off, and pull out a bottle of chlorine peroxide and an old rag and clean up the bloody shoe prints.

After cleaning up, I head out.

I took off my mask, my gloves and put everything in my backpack. My jacket smells like blood so I take it off and just wear a new one. I quickly put my other pair of shoes on and I leave the area.

Now, he's finally a dead man in my book.

Aurora's POV

Morning came and I'm glad nothing happened to me last night.

I grab my phone and I received a lot of texts from Heather and Eddie.

"Aurora?" A voice spoke. It's Mom.

I get off the bed and put my chair aside, unlock the door and I came face-to-face with Mom.

"Morning Mom," I said.

"Morning sweetie. I just got a call from your school and they said that classes got cancelled because of the news." She said.

"What news?" I asked.

"Your teacher, Mr. Davies, they said he got murdered last night." She said.

My eyes widen.

"Oh my God." I muttered.

"Yeah, it was very sudden. Why don't you sleep in a bit longer and I'll wake you up when breakfast is ready. Okay?" She said before placing a kiss on my forehead.

"Okay, Mom." I said then she left, heading down the stairs.

Before I could close the door, someone's hand appeared on the door all of the sudden.

"Good morning, Aurora." Steven spoke.

I didn't bother to look at him.

"I'm sure you heard the news about that creepy teacher of yours." He said and from the corner of my eye, I can see a grin on his face.

"What did you do?" I asked.

"I didn't do anything. I don't know what you're talking about." He said.

He grabs my chin and he leans in but I look away and push his hand away.

"Stop it," I said.

He clicked his tongue and sighed. "I'm gonna let that slide since I'm still fucking exhausted. See you later."

He walks away and I quickly close the door and lock it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14K 361 34
Featured on @NA in It's Always the Butler|| Mystery + Thriller + Horror Wattpad's official reading list.✨ Featured on @StoriesUndiscovered on the 04...
618K 13.8K 61
Aurora the naive and shy type. Always plastering a smile on your face and very sneaky, yet cute. She's loved my everyone... Well, not all and likes g...
309K 4.9K 42
"Hello! My name is Aurora Violet Johnson, I saw your poster a while ago and I came here today to apply for the job as a waitress." I said looking at...
990K 31.5K 80
Being alone? Check. Being afraid? Check. Being abused? Check times 3. Honestly, my life wasn't this bad before, not until I ended in foster care... S...