INTERTWINED FATE (Genshin Imp...

By Mari_Yoshiki

"𝔾𝕠𝕠𝕕 π•’π•Ÿπ•• π•–π•§π•šπ•...... π•”π•’π•Ÿ'π•₯ 𝕓𝕖 π••π•–π•—π•šπ•Ÿπ•–π•• π•šπ•Ÿ π•“π•π•’π•”π•œ π•’π•Ÿπ•• π•¨π•™π•šπ•₯𝕖." - 𝔼𝕀... More

β—π˜Ώπ™€π˜Όπ™ π™π™€π˜Όπ˜Ώπ™€π™π™Ž, π™’π™€π™‡π˜Ύπ™Šπ™ˆπ™€β—
THE OVERWHELMING ROUTINE
WHERE AM I?!
GOOD SOUP
WALKING AROUND
UNEXPECTED FLIGHT
I CAN'T REMEMBER
THE BARD
WOLVENDOM
ANEMO SHIELD
MASTER DILUC
THE KING SHALL BELIEVE IN THE MAIDEN'S LIES
β€’HAPPY B-DAY, ARIA!β€’
MEMORIES
EYES OF THE STORM
ARIA'S FISHING FUN
MEETING THEM
YOU LOOK TIRED... HAVE A DRINK
CASUAL EXPERIMENT
WAKE UP
● ANNOUNCEMENT ●
MIDNIGHT MYSTERIES
CHAOTIC BEGINNING
●HAPPY BIRTHDAY ARIA●

WE MEET AGAIN

445 30 23
By Mari_Yoshiki

After the first day of training, I had to put a different daily routine into my life.

Wake up, do my commissions as fast as possible, train, and sleep.

What excites me the most is that It's just one week of training. And what worries me the most is that... it's just one week of training. For just one week, the training must be very intense and hard, so I have to prepare myself for the worst.

But anyways... today was just another beautiful day at Mondstadt. At Windrise, the sun was shining, the birds were chirping, and-

Aria
KYAAAA!!!!

......Well, I suppose the day wasn't that beautiful, since I was getting chased by a gang of Abyss Mages. Lisa just sit a few meters away, casually sipping some sunsettia tea. I jumped up to avoid an attack and looked at her.

Aria
Miss Lisa! Help me!

Lisa
It's part of your training, dear. Do your best and you might be rewarded!~

Cryo abyss Mage
Dan Dan Woo!~

Aria
AAAHH!!!

I had to launch myself to the ground to not get hit by a giant ice chunk. I quickly got up and ran more as the abyss mages just danced, somewhat amused and entertained by my panic.

Pyro abyss mage
All right, enough games! Die for once, you interloper!

He said, summoning three things that reminded me of dragon heads that spit fire, but I activated my shield just in time.

Aria
Just WHAT are you talking about?! I'm not an interloper!

When I had no idea of what to do, I felt a very concentrated power behind me, along with a maniac giggle, and the skies were quickly covered by purple storm clouds. I looked back and saw Lisa. Her hand was above her head, I could see sparkles around her. And then boom! three strikes of lightning made the abyss mages lose their shields and fall to the ground.

Lisa
*yawn*... Trying to talk to them is useless, cutie. Guess it was too much for your second day, though. Finish them for me, okay?

Aria
What? How am I supposed to do that?!

Aria
(Sh-She just walked away!!)

I looked at the abyss mages, unsure of what to do.

Hydro abyss mage
Y-You.... filthy human... Stop interrupting our plans...!

Aria
...Plans?

The cryo and pyro abyss mages were knocked out and the hydro one was the only one able to talk. Maybe I can get some useful information. I crouched down and helped him sit up. His lifespan was on its edge.

Aria
Hey, what are you talking about? What plans did I interrupt?

Hydro abyss mage
Haha... Such a stupid girl...

The mage slowly stood up. Under his feet, there was a hydro symbol, and there were bubbles of water around us.

Hydro abyss mage
As if... I'd say... anything to YOU!-

Before he could say anything else, I punched his head with a loud "bonk". He passed out and the bubbles popped immediately. I looked down at him, feeling somewhat disappointed.

Aria
Haa... Miss Lisa was right. Trying to talk to them is useless.

I sighed in defeat and stood up, cleaning the grass from my knees. When I arrived at the bridge, I saw Lisa waiting for me patiently.

Lisa
So? Did everything go just fine?

Aria
Uh, I knocked them out.

Lisa
That's a great start! Though I'm afraid we have to continue our training inside.

Aria
Eh? Why?

Lisa
.........

Aria
...Miss Lisa?

Lisa
It's not safe. You were supposed to fight slimes, not abyss mages. They were intruders. And what concerns me the most is that they seemed to focus on you.

Aria
Ah...

Aria
(Miss Lisa seems very serious right now. I've never seen her like this before.)

Lisa
But never fear. You're under the protection of the Knights of Favonious and the librarian herself. As long as you stay inside the walls, there will be nothing to worry about.

Aria
I... I understand.

And before I knew it, the week has passed as quickly as a sudden breeze that would come from your window. Ever since that day, we never went training outside again. But the training grounds were more than enough for me.

I've... become stronger. Even though Lisa and I didn't share the same Vision, she thought me how to defend myself and how to use my catalyst. But, one day..... Lisa called me suddenly to show up at her library, just to say something I wish I didn't hear...

Aria
E-Eh?! What do you mean the training is over?!

Lisa
Fufu... That was the deal, no? That I was going to train you for a week?

Aria
Yes, I know, but... I thought you might have considered it! I'm not strong enough to be left on my own-

Lisa
If you are strong enough or not, it doesn't matter.

She said, standing from her chair and walking towards me. She then smiled kindly and patted my head - something that she did so many times that I got used to.

Lisa
I have taught you everything I could. Now it's time for you to get strong by yourself. Plus, you're not forbidden to leave Mondstadt on your own anymore, so what stops you?

Aria
B-But... how am I supposed to do it by myself?

She looked around with a hand on her chin, then back to me.

Lisa
Did you know? When baby birds are born, they watch their parents fly through the sky to get them food from the first time opening their eyes. Once they develop enough strength and feathers, they need to fly and get food on their own. But you see, the parents won't be there to open their wings to them, or prevent them from falling. They must do it by themselves, using everything their parents secretly teach them.

She put a finger on my chin, lifting it over so I could look her in the eyes.

Lisa
And now... it's time for my little dove to fly.

Aria
B-But what if I fall?

Lisa
You won't. I have taught you well, Aria. I know you're capable.

She let go and walked back to her desk, sitting on her wooden chair and going back to her duties as a librarian.

Aria
...I understand. Thank you for teaching me, miss Lisa. I truly appreciate it.

I said with a hand on my heart, but raised my brows when I heard a chuckle.

Lisa
Tehee~ Why are you acting like we're never seeing each other again? Go stroll through the town, that'll brighten your mood.

I just nodded, leaving the library. Though I was not sure where to go, I just wandered through the streets until I found myself entering Angel's Share. Unlike the last and first time, Diluc wasn't there, no one was singing or dancing, and there was a calm piano background music. However, the atmosphere was just as welcoming as I remember.

Aria
(Ah... why am I here? I think I got a little too lost in my thoughts. It's been so long since I've been here. And I'm thirsty too, so... maybe some apple juice would be nice.)

Aria
Hello, Mr. Charles...

Charles
Aria, welcome back. What's it going to be tonight?

Aria
Just some apple juice would be great, please.

I said, giving him Mora. He got the golden coins and smiled at me.

Charles
Coming right up.

Aria
Thank you, Mr. Charles.

In a blink of an eye, I found myself holding a cup of sweet apple juice. I took a small sip and smiled at the familiar taste.

Aria
(Mr. Charles is very fast in serving the drinks. Just like Master Diluc.)

If it wasn't for Miss Lisa's training, I would go to Angel's Share every night, just to look for Venti. I've been so busy that I forgot about him. But now that the training is over, I can go back to bard hunting.

???
Mr. Charleees!~ The usual, please!

When I heard the familiar femboy voice at the door, I turned my head at the same time. My eyes widened at the sight.

Aria
You...!!

When Venti saw me, he gulped and laughed nervously. Though I could tell it was just an act, and that he was teasing me.

Venti
Oops... ehe~ Guess it's time for me to take my leave.

Aria
What- no! You stop right there!

But he was already gone. Without thinking twice, I left my drink at the counter and rushed to the door that 6-fingered José kindly opened for me. But Venti was long gone.

Then, at the left corner of my eye, I could see something that reminded me of a notification. It was a random mission, I've become familiar with those.

Aria
(What? "Use Elemental Sight to find the mysterious man"? But what is- WOAH!)

Suddenly, everything changed. The whole scenario became gray, and some things had a green shine. But what caught my attention was the green traces on the floor.

Aria
(These traces... give the same feeling as when I'm with Venti. Maybe if I follow them, I can find him!)

Without wasting any more time, I began to follow the traces, speed walking. The bright green light of the traces was starting to make me feel dizzy, but I kept going anyways. After a few minutes of following them, they stopped. Then, I realized I was in front of the church.

Aria
(I can't see the traces anymore. But I can still sense them stronger than ever. Ugh... I can't turn off this "Elemental Sight" thing. My head is starting to hurt...)

Suddenly, I heard the faint sound of a lyre being played. But what concerned me was where I heard it. I slowly looked up and saw Venti playing his lyre... sitting on the Anemo Statue's hands.

Aria
(What the- how did he get up there?!)

Aria
Venti!! Come down, please! Look, I'm sorry that I chased you, but I need to talk to you! Hey, c-can you hear me?!

Aria
(He didn't notice me at all! But I can't let this opportunity go, he's right there...)

Aria
Uu... this is a really bad idea...!

I mentally yelled at myself for doing something so stupid, but took off my shoes and walked through the shallow water that surrounded the statue, then started climbing it as carefully as possible. Fortunately, no one was around, so I wouldn't embarrass myself so much. I almost slipped and fell, but regained my balance.

I somehow managed to reach the statue's left arm and hugged it, so I wouldn't fall. I closed my eyes shut before slowly crouching to where Venti was sitting. I couldn't see anything, but couldn't hear his lyre anymore.

Aria
(Don't open your eyes, don't look down...!! Just a little more!)

Venti
You found me. I'm impressed-

Before he could continue whatever he was talking about, I hugged him from behind. My body was shaking in fear, but I didn't care. I finally found sober Venti.

Aria
N-Now you can't go anywhere! Don't you dare disappear again, or else I'll be really mad at you!

Venti
Aww, did you miss me that much?

Aria
Stop teasing me, now it's not a good time!

He was such a dork, but I still felt happy. After a long time, I'm finally able to have a sober talk with him.

Venti
You don't need to be scared, you know. Open your eyes.

Aria
Nn...!!

I shook my head and he sighed.

Venti
Come on, trust me this time.

I gave up and opened one eye. Then widened both.

Aria
What...? Windrise?! H-How... When did we...

I closed my mouth when I remembered he was a literal god with unpredictable powers.

Aria
It doesn't matter. Venti, I need to talk to you!

Venti
Hehe, I noticed. You must be pretty desperate to the point you climbed the statue, just to see me.

Aria 
Well, you didn't listen to me when I called you... and yes, it really is important.

I stopped hugging him from behind and looked at him, seriously.

Aria
I know that you are Barbatos. On the day of the Stormterror accident, when I was in the sky, I heard your voice.
.....Plus, the statue looks just like you.

Venti
Pfft- Hahahaha! The statue argument caught me off guard, honestly! You're so very clever!

Aria
That's not the time to laugh, Venti!

However, he continued. The laughter continued for two minutes, some tears were coming from his eyes.

Venti
Ahaha... Ah.... you're just what I'm looking for. Smart, cute, and kind. That's why I chose you.

Aria
What...? Chose me? What do you mean by that?

I asked, curious about what he said and shy about the compliments. He smiled at me, but I could tell by his eyes that he was serious.

Venti
You must be wondering why you heard my voice that day, right? Well, the truth is... I was testing you all along.

Aria
Testing... me?

Now I was a little scared. If he was testing me, that means he got an eye on me before, right?

Venti
Yes, I was testing you. To see if you were worth being asked this question...

He held both my hands and looked me in the eyes. I don't know if it was just for drama or his powers, but the wind blew a little stronger.

Venti
Aria Liddell... will you please help me?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

407 20 13
All she know how to do is charge her phone eat hot chip and lie, and she gotta save the world.. or leave it.... which ever comes first really
28.5K 812 40
αƒš(' β₯ 'αƒš) You pretty much get isekai'd and wake up as a slime in the world of Teyvat. But not in the way you, Y/N expected. This takes part after all...
63.1K 1.8K 35
Lumine is forced to go back to Liyue after a little accident in Inazuma. She stays under the care of Zhongli and during her stay there, a certain red...