A Promise Of A White Rose

By ravegirl346

'Remember our promise' She said her bright blue eyes stared at the cold blue eyes of Seto Kaiba, the young wo... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 8

93 6 0
By ravegirl346

A month passed, Seto didn't come to school for that month, Kiara volunteered to bring him the homework he missed, Whenever she stopped by The kaiba house Mokuba was the one that answered assuring her not to worry, Seto tended to miss school while he ran his company. It wasn't unusual for him to miss a month when it came to important business projects.

Kaiba just wasn't having a great day,He couldn't keep his mind off of the blue-haired girl. All month, she would stop by giving him notes and everything he had missed in school. Today was like any other he typed in his private work office in the house, a light knock was heard, he called out for the person to come in seeing Kiara holding a portfolio with today's school notes, he liked the way that she writes it was all neat, fully detailed she even highlighted the important ones that are due sooner, he wouldn't expect anything less from her.

"Here you go." Kiara said holding out the portfolio "We also have a book report it's due in three weeks, you read a book and watch the movie based on the book, write down the differences, whether they cut a few scenes or added something that wasn't in said scene and give a clear explanation. There's the book list that the teacher made for you to pick."

'Too easy.' Kaiba thought taking it, skimming the approved book list.

"I'm still debating on my book report." Kiara said softly. "I've narrowed it down to two books."

"Taking a guess I would say a romance novel." Kaiba said he knew most girls would like it, he hated romance novels nothing but nonsense and fluff.

"No." Kiara said,"Romance novels are nice and all, I read it sometimes, but for a book report, i'd pick something that would be different ." She looked at Kaiba as he scoffed. "You don't like romance novels? "

"Not worth my time." He said, "Those types of novel just makes women create their own fantasy of what they want in a relationship with a man."

If it was someone else Kaiba would have sent her on her way but since it's Kiara, he doesn't mind talking to her about these types of topics each debating on their point of view on the subject. It was a refreshing change of pace. Sometimes, they'd end up talking until the sun was down.

"Some women would want that in a man, while others just read it for fun." Kiara stated,"If I was in a relationship with a man.. I wouldn't want him to be perfect. If he's too perfect, it would be boring, I want to accept him as he is, with flaws and all."

Kaiba sat back, trying to wrap his head around the girl, she would accept someone with flaws?

"My..ideal man... would be someone, " Kiara said a light color formed her cheeks.

" Quiet..Reserved, smart. He might not be the kindest person when you first meet him because he keeps his guard up but he is well-intentioned especially with people he cares about the most. I will accept him just how he is."

Kaiba could feel his body tremble at her words. Accept him just how he is? He resisted the urge to tug at his shirt.

"I want him to accept me just how I am too, flaws and all.…"Kiara stopped herself from saying more taking a minute, she had started liking Seto even more but refrained from doing anything in fear that he'll push her away, During the conversation she realized that they were close...very close to each other, she took a step back feeling her cheeks warm.

Kaiba raised an eyebrow at her, wondering what was wrong with her all of a sudden, after awhile he escorted her to the door.

"It was nice talking to you." Kiara said before she left giving him a smile. "See you at school.."

When she left, he felt it again that warm sensation running across his chest. He shook his head as if trying to shake off this feeling, the way she described her ideal man is almost as if she's describing... 'No, it's nonsense.' He thought to himself.

————————————
So far everything went well for Kiara, During school breaks, she would hang out with Yugi as well as with Joey and Tristan. Whenever Joey or Tristan needed help in school work she would Tutor them. They also watch out for her and Yugi in case anyone bothered them especially defend Yugi from any bullies.

The young heiress would occasionally get messages from Mokuba sometimes they'd hang out at the arcade or any fun location at the mall, at first Kiara secretly hoped that Seto would come with them, Mokuba gave the usual apology of his older brother not coming.

"So how do you think you did on that quiz we had this morning?"Yugi asked as they walked home together from school.

"I think I did okay on it."Kiara said "Oh, um..tomorrow I'll bring a game."

"What kind of game?"Yugi asked his eyes glittering with excitement.

"It's a dice game."Kiara smiled.

"A dice game?" Yugi repeated.

"I'll show you tomorrow, okay?" Kiara said Yugi nodded already excited about the game." is the one that showed it to me, he's really good at dice games."

When the two went their separate ways Kiara went home only to be greeted by Tabatha, the maid, Tabatha has long black hair braided and hazel colored eyes with a kind motherly smile.

"Welcome back Miss." Tabatha said

"Tabatha, I told you for the hundredth time you can drop the whole Miss formality."Kiara said walking inside her house.

"I know you said that but I can't seem to wrap that idea around my head."Tabatha replied softly her hand gripped her apron nervously.

"It's easy just say my name besides you've been working here for years. You're family."Kiara said

Tabatha smiled softly at the blue-haired girl, it was true for as long as Kiara can remember Tabatha was always with her when her parents were too busy to be around the house.

"If that's what you want..then when we're alone I'll call you by your name."Tabatha complied

"Great!" Kiara smiled brightly she looked around the room."Where's my mom and dad?"

"You're mother went out while you're father is working in his office."Tabatha answered "He also told me that he wanted to see you when you got back from school. "

"I better go and see him then." Kiara said

"After you talk to him I'll bring you, your meal." She said.

' I wonder what my dad wants? It must be important if its to talk in his office.' Kiara thought walking thinking a little until she reached the mahogany door when she opened it her father was working in his large wooden desk, He wore his usual blue business suit he typed in his computer. He has short, dark blonde hair, a stern facial expression his dark blue eyes gazing at the screen, he moved his hand to reach a few papers.

Kiara's p.o.v.

"Hi, dad." I said softly.

My dad stopped what he was doing and smiled. I don't know why people say he's scary and intimidating. Underneath it all, he's a big softie.

"Kiara, tell me...how is school?" He asked

"It's good! I'm doing really well in class." I said with confidence.

"That's good but remember that if anything happens we can go back to teaching you at home." He said, "Or even send you somewhere nice like that boarding school in England."

"I know dad but I made my choice and I don't want to leave my friends." I replied.

He let out a sigh. "Alright but be very careful." He said the phone near his desk rang, he picked it up.

"Yes? Wait what?!" he said a bit loudly then he quieted down minutes later he replied softly. " Don't worry honey, just come home it'll be fine."

I looked at my dad as he hung up he let out a sigh. "I can't stand those paparazzi. "

"What happened?" I asked

"Your mother was shopping and apparently a young man asked her about a piece of jewelry even asking her if she would put it on. Since he asks her about her ring size saying that it's a similar size to his girlfriend. She was only trying to help him but it was a trick. She didn't realize that a cameraman was filming her outside of the shop." He explained.

"What?!" I said loudly.

"That's what these slimeballs do, they film lies only to get more viewers, not caring who they hurt. She saw the logo of the van and called me." he said "She sounded so worried...i trust your mother, shes not the type of woman to have an affair. "

"Poor mom.." I said. I know that Mom would never cheat dad or my dad doing that either.

"Be very careful if you see a t.v. van be very cautious." He warned. "These guys will do anything to get money."

I nodded my head. After talking to him a bit more telling him about my day, I went to my room to sleep hoping that tomorrow will be a good day.

The next day when I went to see Joey and Yugi something was different. I don't know what it was.

End of P.o.v.

What she didn't know was that Joey was telling Yugi about a few adult videos that he saw in those late-night events on T.v. Not just that! But He's encouraging Yugi to watch one. When Kiara walked catching up to them before school started she overheard Joey say something about a movie.

"What movie are you talking about Joey?"Kiara curiously asked him.

"Nothing! You know it's one of those action movies!"Joey quickly said while trying to hide the obvious blush on his face.

"Action movies huh?"She repeated her smiled. "Maybe next time you'll lend me one of those action movies."

"S-Sure, yeah."He said

'Why is he acting weird?' Kiara thought glancing at Joey, she saw Yugi was blushing furiously.

They made their way to the front of the school Joey noticed something up ahead.

"Look! There's a television van parked outside the school gate!" Joey exclaimed Kiara looked up ahead and Joey was right, a big white van with the words ' Z-TV' written on the side.

"Why is it there?"Kiara wondered "If a white T.v. van is there it might be something important.." 'I hope it doesn't involve anything dangerous...dad told me to be careful around T.v people.' She thought

"M-maybe a super famous idol is coming to the school!" Yugi exclaimed.

"Oh yeah, that must be it Yugi!" Joey said excitedly "What do you think Kiara?" he said to Kiara as Yugi went to the van to check.

Kiara shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know and if there is an idol in the school I think we should just give him or her some privacy." Kiara answered ' I know I would, I get tired of any random news reporter asking me about my family's company and about my private life.' She thought 'But if it is a mystery idol here I'll just mind my own business.'

Kiara couldn't shake the worrying feeling she had all morning, hoping that the van will go away, Yugi and Joey told Tea their suspicions when they saw the van Kiara just listen to what the boys thought.

"WHAAAT! AN IDOL!" she yelled.

"Sure, and the evidence is the T.V. van parked outside the school gate!" Joey said smugly "Tell her Yugi!, Kiara!".

"W...well..yeah." Yugi said hesitantly.

"Maybe they want to ask around if they saw anything weird or better yet it could be for Kiara. " Tea asked. "After all you do remember that her family owns a popular cosmetic company, maybe asking her when they'll market the new line this summer."

"I don't think so. "Kiara countered "I would've known if any cameras or vans followed me, besides I walked with Joey and Yugi today to school instead of my usual ride."

Unfazed by Kiara's words. Joey explained "Morons! I'm sure it's an Idol! She's probably disguised as a student! But I'm going to get her alone and unmask her! I'll trap her in a corner and strip off that mask of hers!"

J-Joey... that...that's..." Yugi stuttered. Kiara facepalmed and sighed, as usual, Whatever Kiara says to Joey goes in one ear and out the other.

"They'd throw the book at you!" Tea argued.

"There's no penalty for stripping!" Joey talked back.

"Oh, dear…"Kiara muttered

Hours went by fast so now Kiara, Yugi and Joey were going up to meet Tristan for lunch.

" Hey, you guys! Let's go find that idol!" Joey announced Yugi hesitated a bit and Kiara shrugged.

"It's not a dream you two! You have to believe." Then Joey ran off shouting "Fine, I'll search by myself! Forget you two! Hmph!"

Yugi started looking a bit down. Kiara tried to cheer him up, she patted him on his shoulder.

"I'm sure Joey will give up and join us to play the game that I brought." Kiara told him. Yugi smiled at her. "Hey I have to go get the game, so I'll meet up with you later. If I find Joey I'll convince him to hang out with us, I'm sure he'll like the dice game."

Yugi nodded and headed toward the cafeteria to get food. Kiara hurriedly went back to the classroom to get her lunch as well as the dice game she brought.

'I'm sure Yugi will like this game, it's all about luck.' Kiara thought holding the pair of dice and a red and black cup. ' and I played this a lot, we would use candy to bet he always won but ends up giving me a few.'

Kiara hummed softly she lightly bumped into a random student. "Oh, sorry." Kiara said softly seeing a tall boy with short spiky hair wearing a white and black triangle pattern headband.

"It's okay! Hey, have you've seen this guy?" He asked showing her a picture of Yugi that his face was pressed up a glass.

"Yugi? Why are you looking for him?" She asked

The boy started to act a bit nervous for some reason it made Kiara curious at his behavior.

"I think Yugi went to the cafeteria." Kiara answered pointed at her left.

"Okay! Thanks!" He said running off.

"That's weird, I haven't seen him around here...wait!" Kiara stopped walking turning her head at where the boy ran off. "Could he be the rumored Idol? Should I go? Maybe I should...if I don't Joey might do something stupid."

'Knowing Joey, he could be hiding near the bushes spying on any girl like a creep...i just hope I don't have to call my lawyer to bail him out...again.' she thought

After a few seconds, Kiara ran quickly out to the school grounds to find Joey, around fifteen minutes she found Joey near the van behind a few bushes. He saw Kiara, giving her a sly smile.

"I guess you came to ya senses to help me find the Idol." Joey smiled.

"More like I'm here to make sure that no one sues you." Kiara said with a playful smile. "I had to bail you out last time."

"Have you ever been sued by a midget? It's not fun." Joey replied, "Besides he was the one that cut in front of me!"

"And you retaliated! you scarred the poor guy! He'll never look at a spoon and a french horn the same way ever again thanks to you! " she said shaking her head shivering at what she read in the report, who knew Joey was that creative?

" Anyway back to the subject, have you've seen Yugi?" Kiara asking him.

Scrunching up his eyebrows he shook his head. "I thought I saw him walk off with a strange kid I haven't seen in our school" Joey said

"Is it the kid wearing a headband? Maybe he's a new student." Kiara said thinking out loud.

"You know where he went?"

"I don't know...but I think it could be somewhere looking for Yugi. " Kiara said "Like the library or behind the gym that's where we usually go to play games."

"Let's go find him, maybe he found the Idol!" Joey said

Joey ran off as Kiara followed him, Yugi wasn't in the library so the last place was behind the gym. Running up they saw the boy punching Yugi in the jaw.

"What the hell?! Yugi!" Kiara screamed running after her injured friend.

"You jerk what the hell do you think you're doing!" Joey yelled angrily.

"Yugi? Hey, are you okay?" Kiara asked she held her friend worriedly.

"You creep! What did you do to my pal?! I'll kill you! " Joey threatened the boy gripping his collar, clearly terrified at Joey.

"I...i didn't want to! The director made me!" He said paralyzed with fear.

"The director? " Kiara repeated

"Enough!" A gruff voice says.

The director came in wearing a white t-shirt tucked in black pants.

He has black hair and was sporting a goatee. Joey let go of the trembling boy and went to check on Yugi again.

"Yugi are you okay?" Kiara asked softly seeing Yugi open his eyes.

"Kiara...Joey...I'm sorry, I wanted to see the idol." Yugi mumbled weakly.

"Only because you believed those lies that these creeps told you!" Joey scolded.

"HEY, CUT! We don't need to film this teenage drama! It's a waste of film." The director yelled.

Kiara stood up and glared at the director.

"You planned this?! You hurt my friend for a stupid show?!" Kiara yelled.

The director gave a cruel smirk and started to dig in his ear nonchalantly "Well... Yugi was unlucky enough to be chosen for the role of 'bullied child'... really unfortunate...just the bad roll of the dice..." he chuckled.

"But thanks to him, we filmed a great episode! The audience will feel so sorry for him! Yugi, you're the hero! The hero of my broadcaster that is!"

Kiara clenched her fist.

"I'm gonna kill you!" Joey shouted Then he ran up to the director who was chuckling.

"Hit me! But while you're beating me... the cameraman will be catching it all on tape!" Joey stopped glaring at the coward. The director kneed Joey while he was hesitating.

"Joey!" Kiara said

The director then looked at Kiara. "Ah.. I can't forget about broadcasting that segment, tonight the world will see about the CEO's wife little adventure. " he chuckled he looked at Kiara. "Wait...you're...you're the CEO's daughter! You go to this dump? Oh this is gold!" He laughed.

"That's it! You creeps will do anything for money even going far to spread lies, hurting people.." Kiara yelled out. "You disgust me!"

The older man grinned, Kiara did not like that look on his face, he leaned closer to the blue-haired girl.

"You're such a precious little thing, if you want to help your friend...or your mother. If you don't want us leaking those tapes then all you have to do is meet me at a motel and we could..." He started as he cornered the young girl, His arms on either side of her against the wall breathing down on her,His eyes filled with glee, he leaned to her ear whispering his bargain His hands moved lightly gripping her arm rather tightly making her yelp at the pain.

"I heard rich girls like it a little rough.." He whispered. Kiara's eyes widen as she felt a shiver up her spine, red flags went off everywhere in her head, Panic spread across her face seeing the director grinning.

By instinct she kneed the man where the sun don't shine, he let out painful groaned he collapsed in a fetal position, cursing out to her, while Kiara ran to her friends.

"You're disgusting!" Kiara snapped her body still trembling.

"Haha! Feisty aren't ya!" The director laughed maniacally as he stumbled over. "What are you going to do? You can't resist the power of the camera! With it, your faces could be held up to the public's scorn!"

"You don't know who you're dealing with!" Kiara snapped

The director started walking off saying "Don't worry! Your faces will just be 'mosaiced' out !"

"That guy…"Kiara muttered she bend down to check on Joey. "He's out cold..Yugi let's take him to the infirmary."

Without another word, Kiara and Yugi left carrying Joey to the infirmary. Luckily Joey didn't suffer anything serious. But he was still unconscious.

Hours later Kiara saw Joey walk home while she wondered where Yugi went, she hasn't seen him since lunch, She didn't feel like walking home in fact she wanted to go home and take a shower to get rid of what that slimeball director did.

So she called to pick her up, she reached in her bag and remembered that she had to go to Seto's home to give him today's homework.

She couldn't help but tremble hugging herself trying to calm down. 'Why? Why did this happen?' She thought to herself a few angry tears rolled down. 'Guys like him are slime! I know everything he filmed are fake but i can't help it...we know the truth but whoever watches it will think otherwise…we can't have this type of drama right now.'

Kaiba turned a page in his book halfway done with the book report, pencil on one hand while his other had the book. Twenty minutes later he heard a soft knock.

Knowing who it was he let her in, still reading his book not looking up, he expected her usual greeting but he could tell that something was rather off from her voice, Kiara placed the portfolio down on his desk, his eyes traveled to it and saw some wet drops at the cover. He put his book down and looked up her, he just froze he could clearly tell that she was crying by the tear stain cheeks.

"What happened?" He asked getting up from his desk.

Kiara took a deep breath and told Seto what had happened today not leaving out any detail, she shakily told him of the man that had offered to give her the tapes in exchanged for a night with her. She couldn't help but let out angry tears.

Kaiba didn't say anything he couldn't help but feel this..burning sensation he shouldn't be angry this isn't his problem, its her's yet...his blue eyes glanced at her drying her tears.

"Go home, the more you think about it the desperate you'll be to make those tapes-." Kaiba said until he was cut off.

"Go home?! " Kiara snapped" Some people think they can do what they want when they have dirt on you or even make it up...were you ever faced with this type of situation before?"

"Many times." Kaiba replied "You either address it, ignore it or bribe it to go away."

"You make it sound so easy.." Kiara said softly.

"When it comes to these situations, you should find a publisher to help you with this." Kaiba said he lightly touched her shoulders, he saw her wince.

He closed the distance between them, He looked into her eyes and asked: "Did He hurt you?" She bit her lip and looked down.

She gave a small nod and took off her school blazer rolling up her sleeve showing him a hand print on her pale skin. His teeth were clenched, his temper flared at the sight of those marks, Kaiba knew people see him as cold and a ruthless man, but even he has some morals! No one has the right to lay a hand on a woman.

"Go home and rest." He said his gaze harden. "I'll have Roland drive you home."

Kiara shook her head trembling. "Can't i stay here a little longer? Please..I don't want to be alone.." Kiara whispered

Kaiba saw her bottom lip quiver, he knew that she held it in for longer than he thought she would after that incident today. He felt the feeling of wanting to help her, he only had this protective feeling when it's about his younger brother and her too. Back at the orphanage he remembered all those times of how he would come to her rescue from those bullies. Kiara would refer to him as her knight as cliché as it sounded he liked it, after she had left he buried all those feelings and now it's slowly resurfacing...especially that memory...the day she left he made a promise to her, he hasn't forgotten it.

Not knowing what type of comfort he could give her now, he held out his hand to her. Then he flinched seeing her move towards him hugging him, it's been years since he has this type of contact before, it gave him mixed feelings, he felt her shake like a leaf so he awkwardly caressed her hair thinking that it's what he was supposed to do.

He didn't know how long they stayed like that, he didn't feel her trembling anymore so that's a good sign. He called Roland to drive her home, Seto went back to his work office and bit his lip.

'It's not your battle, it's not about you. Why should you care?'

The voice rang in his head, the image of those marks on her arms appeared again, he clenched his fists.

'No one has the right to hurt her or make her cry like that...think about it, that..man might...no will do it again.'

After debating in his internal battle between his own emotions, He decided on his next move.

The day after the incident Kiara was walking the school bell rang signaling the end of the day she walked with Joey and Yugi like usual. They passed by a few other students casually talking in a group.

"Hey, did you hear apparently someone bought Z-T.v. last night." A student gossip.

"I heard! They also got rid of the staff replacing it entirely! Even changing the name!"

"Wow..it must be a top company to do that."

'Someone bought the t.v. station?' Kiara thought raising a eyebrow, overhearing the gossip between the classmates. 'Did he do that? '

Then as they headed toward the school gate Joey pulled out a tape. "Heh...Yugi! Be happy! I brought the goods!" He passed the tape to Yugi and Yugi's eyes lit up as he tried to catch.

"Yaaay! Thank you, Joey! I'll watch it tonight!" Suddenly a hand came in and caught it Kiara started to smile thinking it was those action movies that Joey previously talked about.

"What's this interesting movie?" It was Téa's voice in a teasing matter. Kiara started to giggle.

"What is it? Let me borrow it..." Téa said mischievously.

"I think it's the action movie that Joey told me and Yugi about. " Kiara giggled. "Téa let's watch it at my house."

Nothing could stop Kiara's laughter as the boys tried to take away the movie from Téa, Téa tossed the movie to Kiara as the girls ran off seeing the distressed looks on the boys faces.

————————
Kaiba glanced at his watch seeing the time, then heard a soft knock. As usual it was Kiara handing him the homework.

"It was you, wasn't it? You bought the station?" Kiara asked, leaning close to his desk. He looked at her as he leaned his head up.

"I've done some digging around and found out a few things." He casually said,"Used what i knew and bought it, background check on the staff each of them are lowlifes and fired them, Hired new staff so they'll start advertising for small companies."

"Why did you do that?" Kiara asked softly her bright blue eyes stared at his icy blue ones.

"Why? " He said softly. "The reason…" he stopped staring at her,They were getting so close, inches away from their lips almost touching. "The reason..."

"Seto! I need some help with my homework!" Mokuba said, opening the door, Kiara jumped up, standing up straight, her cheeks dusted pink, feeling her heart beating out of her chest.

Kaiba quickly straightened his posture, trying to analyze what just happened or what was about to happen.

"I should go! So..i'll see you tomorrow?" Kiara asked. Seto slowly nodded.

'Did i interrupt something?' Mokuba thought, looking at Kiara and then back at his brother's behavior. 'I think i did interrupt something.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

176 16 11
Geto Suguru is a promised bright future in his hockey game, Hana is a new student with bright years ahead of her; it all changes for them when an inc...
638 7 17
Fate brought them together just as fate pulled them apart. He thought he would never see her again, the absence of her in his life made his heart fre...
1.3K 48 16
A promise can last for eternity, a promise made between two lovers that no matter where in time they are the promise will be kept, "Will always be to...
34.2K 882 22
Kaiba was known as a cold-hearted man who didn't believe in fantasies. Until now. When he saved Mokuba's life from the exploding ship, he thought he...