HIDDEN | prince caspian

By Icouldntthink0faname

"No, no I mean. You're Narnian's?" Caspian stated, looking at the three occupying the room. "No way, didn't k... More

HIDDEN
part one
001.
002.
003.
004.
005.
006.
008.
009.
010.
011.
012.
013.

007.

899 27 2
By Icouldntthink0faname

ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏɴᴇ : ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴛᴇʟᴍᴀʀɪɴᴇ ʀᴀɪᴅ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏɴᴇ

Lynetta was going through an internal debate. She hated the idea of going back to that castle, especially considering the memories that surrounded it. She had her special thing taken from her and she couldn't bare to go back. Yet she felt that she needed to.

The girl wanted to go and help those she loved. Her and the Narnian's had been preparing for the Telmarine's downfall for years, she just hadn't expected it to be over there. She didn't want to let those she had spent the past three or so years with ride off into battle and leave her at the How.

Despite her fears, Lynetta already knew she was going with them to the castle, she always knew that deep down she would go. She, just like the others, grabbed her weapons and changed into something more moveable.

As Lynetta was changing she could feel the scars on her back, where her wings once lay. A newfound strength blossomed within Lynetta, a passion for revenge. She wanted to avenge Narnia and she wanted those who hurt her to feel the same pain she did.

She walked out, adorned in armour and carrying her sword, meeting Caspian at the entrance of the How. "You have changed your mind?" He leant down to her height, asking the girl kindly. To which Lynetta nodded. "Come on then Princess." Lynetta chuckled at the nickname.

It was dark now and the only lights source for the two was the moonlight. Caspian could see the way Lynetta's eyes illuminated under it. Ever since she lay on his shoulder, he could help but wish to be in that position again. But he knew it was a stupid idea for Lynetta hated him. "I will make sure you will be okay." He promised her, before they were called over to join the others for the ride to the castle.

Lynetta was confused. Her stomach felt warm when those words left the boys mouth, but she didn't feel ill. Alas, she knew now was not the time to ponder so she walked confidently with the group towards the castle.

∘°∘♡∘°∘∘°∘♡∘°∘

They flew, carried by the griffons, across the dark night sky towards the castle. Lynetta loved it, to feel the wind in her hair. The others, she found, didn't like the style of travel so much as she saw several of them swallow their sickness.

Lynetta looked across at the people flying by her, Edmund was to her left. She watched as he gave her the signal, and the gryphon she rode with dived lower towards a tower of the castle. Upon the tower stood a guard, one which was about to get attacked. As he looked up, the gryphon dropped Lynetta, the man being met with a strong kick from the girl. She kicked the guard off the tower, before jumping off herself and being picked up again by the gryphon.

From the right, she could see Caspian take out the other guard with the slash of his sword.

The gryphons then dropped them at the lower bridge. But not before a guard spotted Edmund, aiming his crossbow at him. Susan lifted her bow and shot at the guard - silently killing him as the rest flew to the ground as quietly as possible.

Peter stood proud and turned to address the group. "Reep and the other mice should be opening the gate soon, let's get in position." Everyone nodded in response, everyone knew their positions as they had heard the plan less than an hour ago but Peter felt the need to brief everyone again. "Susan, Lynetta, Caspian and I will got to the professors room. Everyone else find a secure spot to hide until the rest join us."

Caspian directed the three towards his professors window. They hung rope off the roof and down to the window, then clambered down it one by one. Peter went first, followed by Susan. Lynetta was about to go down when Caspian grasped her waist holding her at a stop. "Are you okay?" He asked the girl.

"Yes. It isn't that bad, now come on." Lynetta slid down the rope and into the window easily. She looked around the room, noticing how messy and cluttered it was. The room vaguely resembled what an aftermath of a storm would look like.

Caspian stood by a table, picking up his professors glasses. "I have to find him." Caspian said with his jaw clenched, determined to help the man. Lynetta admired his need to help others, but now wasn't the time.

"You haven't got time." Peter spoke. "You need to open the gate, the mice are only the first part."

Caspian turned to Peter with a sneer. "You would be here if it wasn't for him." He said sharply. "And neither would I."

Peter and Susan exchanged a glance. "We can deal with Miraz. You and Lynetta find the professor."

"And I can still make it to the gatehouse in time." Caspian replied. Before he grabbed Lynetta's hand and ran off, her running with him.

The duo ran through the castle, luckily not coming into contact with many guards. "We are nearly there, two more corridors." Caspian whispered to Lynetta. She could partially remember the way. It wasn't long ago she was dragged down to the dungeons herself.

The continued their hasty pace through the corridor until Lynetta came to a hault. Caspian stopped not much further on as he could no longer hear her footsteps. "Lynetta, what are you doing?" He questioned her.

Lynetta stood frozen, her mouth agape with horror. There, upon the wall, hung Lynetta's wings that they had so brutally taken from her.
Caspian turned to see what she was looking at and let out a deep breath. "Lynetta, I'm so sorry."

"Why." She began, her voice wobbling. "Why would they hang them up." Lynetta choked on a sob, as Caspian reached for her. But suddenly she was fine. "Let's move on." Lynetta continued down the hallway.

Caspian pulled the girl to a stop. "Are you sure?" He asked.

Lynetta nodded. "I'm fine." She said, before they continued their way back down to the place the professor resided. But Lynetta wasn't fine, she had never felt to angry. Not only did they defile her but they hung her wings up proudly. Lynetta was thirsty, for revenge.

Ever since her wings had been taken, she had been weak. Her powers had deteriorated. But since she came into contact with them, she had never felt so strong.

The pair stormed into the dungeon. "You go." Lynetta said. "I'll stand watch." Caspian nodded, then ran to find the professor.

For a few minutes the corridor was silent, but not for long as a guard rounded the corner spotting Lynetta. The girl had so much pent up anger that it took a single strike to the head for the guard to fall. Lynetta chuckled with a smirk.

In that second Caspian appeared at the doorway. Ignoring her presence, he ran on - in the opposite direction of the gate. "Caspian!" She whispered harshly as she didn't want to draw attention. "By Aslan." Lynetta muttered under her breath before running after the boy.

He ran quicker than he had done so before, yet Lynetta managed to keep up. She mentally thanked Glenstorm for making her keep up her training.

Caspian disappeared behind a wooden door and it went to close behind him. Luckily, Lynetta caught it open with the end of her shoe. She slowly snuck into the room, Caspian not even noticing her presence.

The kind boy she was used to stood holding a blade against a sleeping mans neck. His face was covered but she assumed it to be Miraz, someone she hadn't wished to see.

"Get up." Caspian demanded. His voice was sinister, shocking Lynetta. The girl had a funny feeling in her stomach, telling her something bad was going to happen. She readied her sword just in case.

"Caspian?" The lady beside Miraz questioned.

"Stay where you are." He said to her, not moving his eyes off his uncle. "What are you doing?" She asked him.

"Isn't it obvious, dear." Miraz added, he looked at Caspian. "You know, some families would consider this inappropriate behaviour."

Lynetta scoffed. Laughing at the irony of it all. This led the 'king' to look at her. "Now that is a face I haven't seen in a while. You've grown." He said to Lynetta. "Those wings of yours haven't though." Lynetta grinded her teeth, a flash of gold swept over her eyes. Miraz saw this and decided to put his attention back on his nephew.

"This seems familiar to you, no?" Caspian questioned him. "Only, you were holding the sword."

"But you're not like me, are you? ... It's sad. The first time you've shown any backbone, and it's such a waste."

"Put the sword down Caspian." The woman spoke carefully. Holding out a crossbow, aiming it at him. Lynetta walked from her place in the corner, holding her sword at the woman.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." She spoke lowly. Caspian looked over at her in suprise. He wasn't unaware of how scary she could be, he had been at the end of it many times, but this time she was scarier and he wasn't even being threatened.

"Drop your weapon now, and i'll consider letting you live." Lynetta continued. Her eyes now stayed a gold colour, making everyone in the room aware of her anger. "I don't want to do this." The woman whispered, her grip faltering.

"We don't want you to either!" Susan said, as she and Peter entered the bedroom. Peter drew out his sword and Susan readied an arrow, pointing at the Miraz's wife.

"This used to be a private room." Miraz spoke.

"Caspian, what are you doing? You're supposed to be at the gatehouse." Peter said to the boy. "No! Tonight, for once, I want the truth."

Caspian turned to his uncle. "Did you kill my father?"

"Now we get to it." The man replied.

"You told me your brother died in his sleep." His wife queried, confused at the rush of events. "That was more or less true." Miraz said.

Caspian took steps closer to Miraz, his sword still at his throat. Miraz was bow pressed up against the window. "Did you kill my father?"

"Caspian, this won't make things any better." Susan spoke, Lynetta on any other day may have agreed with the girl. But on this day she had no other wishes but for the man to perish.

"We Telmarines would have nothing had we not taken it. Your father knew that as well as anyone." A shocked expression ran across the woman's face, her obviously not in with the news. "How could you." She spoke, lowering the crossbow. "For the same reason you will pull that trigger!" Miraz raged.

He began to walk towards Caspian, who allowed himself to be moved. "Don't take another step." Lynetta warned, her sword no more than a meter away from the back of Miraz.

"For our son!" Miraz spoke to his wide. "You must choose. Do you want our child to be king or do you want him to be like Caspian here? Fatherless."

The woman shouted before she shot the arrow at Caspian. Yet, the arrow didn't catch Caspian. Instead it floated mid air, wrapped in a gold aura. Lynetta let the arrow drop to the floor and rushed to pick up Caspian.

Lynetta crouched down next to the prince, evaluating the arrow stuck in his shoulder. Miraz used the distraction to slip out of the room, Lynetta cursing as she realised this.

Lynetta grabbed onto the arrow. "This is going to hurt." She said to him. Caspian just nodded and scrunched his eyes up, readying himself for the pain. In one swift movement, Lynetta pulled the arrow from out his shoulder and threw it somewhere behind her.

She ripped some cloth from off her shirt and wrapped it tight around the wound. "This'll have to do for now." She spoke, helping Caspian up off the floor.

"Lucy has a healing vial, you may be able to use that." Susan mentioned, Lynetta nodding in agreement. "Well thats not so bad then." Lynetta spoke, smirking at Caspian.

"Easy for you to say." Caspian replied. Lynetta opened her mouth to speak but Peter cut her off quite rudely. "We need to go, enough talking." With that he turned and left, everyone following after him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

211K 5.3K 62
Completed A Peter Pevensie Story Stumbling upon an entire new world just behind a door, Aria had her prophecy written from ancient times and it was n...
327K 10.1K 40
𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕔𝕙𝕣𝕠𝕟𝕚𝕔𝕝𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕗 ℕ𝕒𝕣𝕟𝕚𝕒 ''Answer me!'' ''What will you do if I don't?'' ''You really can't feel the blade on your neck?'' ♤ ♧...
458K 9.8K 62
"Ed, if you don't shut up-" There was a smile of amusement on her face. "Yeah, what are you gonna do about it?" Her eyebrows drew in and there was a...
111K 2.1K 25
When the Pevensies return to Finchley they don't know how they'll cope without Narnia . That is until they bump into Arabella Greene a girl with a br...