Separately Together

By laneyrenee02

HARLEY WALKER Maddie had become my addiction over the past few months, I don't know if the feelings extend an... More

Introduction
About Author
Chapter One: Embarrassment 1/2
Chapter One: 2/2
Chapter Two: Congratulations! 1/2
Chapter Two: 2/2
Chapter Three: Sing For Me 1/2
Chapter Three: 2/2
Chapter Four: Not a Gentleman 1/2
Chapter Four: 2/2
Chapter Five: Old Wounds 1/2
Chapter Five: 2/2
Chapter Six: Late Nights 1/2
Chapter Six: 2/2
Chapter Seven: Positive 1/2
Chapter Seven: 2/2
Chapter Eight: Friends? 1/2
Chapter Eight: 2/2
Chapter Nine: Make The Neighbors Talk 1/2
Chapter Nine: 2/2
Chapter Ten: Heaven and Hell 1/2
Chapter Ten: 2/2
Chapter Eleven: Addiction 1/2
Chapter Eleven: 2/2
Chapter Twelve: Nightmare's 1/2
Chapter Twelve: 2/2
Chapter Thirteen: Used Goods? 1/2
Chapter Fourteen: I see you 1/2
Chapter Forteen: 2/2
Chapter Fifteen: Just Friends 1/2
Chapter Fifteen: 2/2
Chapter Sixteen: Its a Girl! 1/2
Chapter Sixteen: 2/2
Chapter Seventeen: First 1/2
Chapter Seventeen: 2/2
Chapter Eighteen: Hormones 1/2
Chapter Eighteen: 2/2
Chapter Nineteen: Introductions 1/2
Chapter Nineteen:2/2
Chapter Twenty: Yellow 1/2
Chapter Twenty: 2/2
Chapter Twenty-One: Two Bulls1/2
Chapter Twenty-one: 2/2
Chapter Twenty-Two: Pathetic 1/2
Chapter Twenty-Two: 2/2
Chapter Twenty-Three: Kill, Kill, Kill 1/2
Chapter Twenty-Three: 2/2
Chapter Twenty-Four: Tell Me To Stop 1/2
Chapter Twenty-Four: 2/2
Chapter Twenty-Five: Its Yours 1/2
Chapter Twenty-Five: 2/2
Chapter Twenty-Six: Promises 1/2
Chapter Twenty-Six: 2/2
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Survive for Dixon 1/2
Chapter Twenty-Seven: 2/2
Chapter Twenty- Eight: Live Dont Just Survive 1/2
Chapter Twenty-Eight: 2/2
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Together, Together

Chapter Thirteen: 2/2

523 30 0
By laneyrenee02

We walk into a firework store on the outskirts of the main city, not wanting to risk going all the way into town. They had pink, thankfully so we got what we needed and got out quickly. I kept an eye out making sure no one was following us; Jared and Gale are waiting in the parking lot in their car. They liked to stay to themself, per my orders. I didn't like having a shadow and didn't need them, but it would be stupid not to have some kind of backup in case something went down that I couldn't handle. They were there for security.

"I've had fun today." She says as we approach our car but the closer, we get I notice about a dozen bikes driving into the parking lot, their loud engines roaring through the open place causing echoes to sound off through the air.

She stumbles and I catch her before she falls completely. Her heart was beating so fast that I was scared she would have a heart attack. "It's okay, calm down. No one is going to hurt you, I promise."

I look around for anything that would have tipped them off but once I spot the clerk with the phone in his hand, I realize that they have put out a watch for Maddie. Meaning she wasn't safe anywhere close to Trickett. Anywhere she went, they had eyes everywhere.

That was it, she wasn't getting out of my sight anymore. Job be damned. She could work for me; I'd find something for her to do. I knew she wouldn't like that. She loves to bake, but her safety comes first, and these pieces of shit are ticked off enough to push this matter.

Ben, here I come, to sign my life away.

Jared and Gale step out of their truck and come stand by me and Maddie. She still trembling despite my encouragement, and I didn't like that. There was no reason for her to be this scared, especially around me.

Their leader pulls up on his bike, right in front of us, blocking off our route to our vehicles.

"Well, if it isn't the goddamn snitch herself. What do we have here?" He chuckles evilly and Maddie steps behind me entirely, not wanting him to see her and I felt her clutching onto my shirt.

He goes to step closer but Jared and Gale step in front of me, their faces deadly. Vickers holds his hands up while chuckling. "Don't worry I didn't come to fight ... today." He was tattooed up, most of them looking like nonsense, all but The Forefathers brand on his neck. His hair looked greasy, and his teeth could use brushing.

"Just came to repay a message, to my friend here." He stands on his tippy toes to try and lay his eyes on her, but I block his view entirely. He starts talking louder so that she can hear him.

"Payback is due, sunshine. Your Voiceless protector will eventually have better things to do." He chuckles. "Surprised a man of his breed even wants used goods anyways."

Used goods?

I peek over my shoulder to see her fist clenching my t-shirt so hard her wrist was shaking, and her eyes were closed, she was trying to block him out.

Used goods?

Oh, fuck no.

Rage as deep as the ocean consumed me and I walked right past my bodyguards. Vaguely aware of Gale standing in front of Maddie now. Slowly the pieces come together, her nightmares, her vague story. I knew she was holding back but my imagination couldn't even fathom someone ...

My teeth clenched so hard I'm scared they would crack. I draw back and sock him right in his shit. His men make a move to defend him, but he holds up one hand while the other clutches his jaw. the sick bastard just laughs.

I grabbed the collar of his shirt and jack him up to my eye level. All of his men shifted from one foot to the other restlessly. Waiting on him to tell them to do their job. He seems to be enjoying this.

"You want to know something ..." I whisper in his ear. "I'm not just some high-ranking Voiceless, you piece of shit. I'm his second in command, you want to know where that puts you in all of this?" I tighten my grip on his collar wishing I could end his life now. I knew that would be a death sentence for me, and while I was fine with that, they would kill Maddie too. "Maddie's mine. Do you know what that makes her? Voiceless. Family. Touch a hair on her head again and you and all your men are as good as dead. Now get the fuck out of here."

I shove him back clutching my fist to hold as much of my anger in as possible. What I said made him gain a puzzling look on his face, but I didn't see fear. I was going to make that change. I would see Ben tomorrow.

It made my stomach sink but what choice did I have?

None.

~.~.~.~.~

The clubhouse wasn't much different than when my father's men had dragged me in here seven years ago. It was part of the reason I move to the next town over as quickly as I did, and why I didn't go back to visit as I should have. I wanted to avoid this legacy as long as I could, well I did but now the time come to see the devil himself again.

Voiceless he hushes their conversation as they see me walk through the doors. Tattoos, beards, and combed-back hair would be a description for every one of the club members.

"Holy fuck." Killian says as he drops his pool stick probably warping it beyond repair. He jumps over the pool table and takes off towards me, pulling me into a tight hug. I return the favor, it's nice to see him unharmed.

Killian was my half-brother, just like Dixon was my half-sister. I was the only offspring between my mom and my dad. a fleeting relationship that both of them despised.

"What are you doing here?" His excitement turned into concern when he realized something must be wrong, for me to be back at the home to the lifestyle I turned away from years ago. "What's wrong?"

"I've run into some trouble." He grimaces and shakes his head.

"You know what he's going to ask of you. You ready for that brand?" His words hit me hard especially when I see his brand on his lower forearm. that brand would be the end of a peaceful crime-free life.

Maddie wouldn't ever be safe with me when I got it, but she wasn't exactly safe now. At least with the brand, I could protect myself from everything but myself.

"We don't have a choice." I motion for Maddie to come in, her seeing me through the glass window in the door. She opens it and I'm struck by how out of place she looks here.

Her brown hair flowed down her shoulders with its slight curl to it, her green eyes scanning all of the men in the room feeling uncomfortable. She was too innocent for all of this to be happening to her. I wish there was another way around this, but how else was I supposed to keep twenty men from killing her?

I would forever be wondering if this is the right choice. Getting her out of trouble now but potentially putting her in trouble.

The men make themselves self-seem busy but I know they are listening in on what's going on.

"Who's this?" Killian asks as she comes to stand so close to me, I can smell her wonderful scent filling my nose.

The voiceless were particular about their woman. It wasn't a marriage that bonded them, it was staking claim to them. "She's mine," I say let him know her importance to me. These men could be ruthless at times, and I didn't want them trying to talk their way into her pants. Now that they know she is taken they wouldn't so much as look at her in any type of way.

"Never thought you would have been the type to settle down." Killian expresses his thoughts out loud, and I fill Maddie's gaze on me, but she didn't contradict the statement I think she knew what I was doing. If I joined the Voiceless, she would automatically be one of them, no one would be able to touch her without their head going on a spike.

"Where is Ben?"

"Uh... He's in his office like always." He looks towards the door at the top of the stairs. The building was a metal, machinic-looking shop but the boys had littered the place with neon signs and recliners. It smelled of cigarette smoke, and I hated that the smoke was going to taint Maddie's flowery smell.

I started to walk towards the office, Maddie goes to follow but I shake my head letting her know to stay where she is at. I didn't want him anywhere near her. She was too pure to be in such a vile presence.

I felt my whole body growing tense at the idea of seeing the man that wasn't present in my life until I turned eighteen. The man that has murdered his enemies, tortured his prisoners and kidnapped his son, only to tell him that he would one day lead his life in his footsteps.

I'd never be him.

That was a promise.

.-.-.-.-.-
Don't forget to vote and comment. Thank you❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.8K 1.2K 26
"You really get on my nerves, Sunshine." I stare her down, watching as her lips curl into a smile. Carson brings her hand to my own. "But you like t...
38.9K 1.9K 52
Paris Delaney had always known he was different. From a young age, he was diagnosed as a psychopath, with a propensity for violence and manipulation...
5.3K 160 16
**WARNING** ~contains explicit content that may not be acceptable to all viewers. discretion advised~ "No no no no..." My words trailed "NO!!" I scre...
450K 14.3K 62
nycโ€ขtoโ€ขphilโ€ขia | nik-tล-fil'ฤ“-a - love of darkness or night;finding relaxation or comfort in darkness. โ›“โ›“โ›“โ›“โ›“โ›“โ›“โ›“โ›“โ›“โ›“โ›“โ›“โ›“โ›“โ›“ {EXTRACT} "Tell me Celeste,"...