Time To Hunt

By Don_Hoodini

In a world where superpowers called "Quirks" pop out around the globe. These quirks cover 80% of the populati... More

Ch. 1- The Beginning - part 1
Chapter 2 - The Beginning - Part II
Chapter 3 - Sharpening The Senses -
Chapter 4 - U.A Trial of the Hunt -
Chapter 5 - Meeting The Pack -
Chapter 6 - A Hobo Tests a Beast -
Chapter 7 - Battle Trial! - Part I
Chapter 8 - Battle Trial! - Part II
Chapter 9 - Battle Trial - Part III
Chapter 10 - The Hunt For A Class Rep! -
Chapter 11 - U.S.J Rumble - Part I
Chapter 12 -U.S.J Rumble- Part II
Chapter 13 -U.S.J Rumble- Part III
[S2] Ch. 14: Back for Blood
[S2] Chapter 15 - Ready, Set, SURGE!
[S2] Chapter: 16 - In Their Own Quirky & Chaotic Ways!
[S2] Chapter:17 - Cavalry Battle!
[S2] Chapter 18 - Fight On!
[S2] Chapter 19 - Only The Strongest Thrive....
[S2] Chapter 20 - And The Fight Continues!
[S2] Chapter 21 - Not Bad, Gravity Gal!
[S2] Chapter 22 - U.A Sports Festival - Mid Fight Masses
Chapter 23 - A Shocking Performance
Chapter 24 - (Y/N) (L/N): The Evolved
Chapter 25 - U.A Sports Festival - Final Match
Chapter 26 - Awards Ceremony
Chapter 27 - Time To Claim Our Names
Chapter 28 - An Odd Prey
Chapter 29 - Know Thy Place
Chapter 30 - Stage 2 Evolution
Ch 31 - Stay Sharp For The Final
Ch. 32 - Practical Exam Sneaky Wraith
Ch. 33 - New Usurpers
Ch. 33.5 - A Friendly Match
Ch. 34 - On the Prowl! The Training Camp Begins!
Ch. 37 - What A Chaotic Mind You Have!
Chapter 38 - Death Itself
Chapter 39 - The Symbol Of Peace

Chapter 35 - Those Who Lurks in The Shadows Fear The Horror Within

221 12 7
By Don_Hoodini

=======

The training begins. To call it training is an understatement. Let's call it 'hell'. Basically the training camp is different to each student, a simple, regular training just wouldn't work with this many different quirks. All functioning in a different, unique way.

A regular exercise would be pointless. Quirks are like muscle fibers, in order to get stronger you must first overuse them, break them, so they can grow back stronger. Quirks work in the same way. They improve the harder you push them. Anyway, with that out of the way, let's get straight to the point.

Everyone's training regimen was forgiving except for (Y/n) who was being pushed to his limit.

(Y/n) (L/n)! By being cornered inside a cave that was on fire, fighting waves of waves of golems without stopping, using everything in his arsenal to stop them from subduing him, while he tries not to overheat or lose control! His human body also gets accustomed with the constant beating and high temperatures! He might even be able to use the flames from outside sources as an alternative source of steam!

"'You might wanna get used to it?' I get it now. Thank you, Mr. Aizawa, you're very fucking funny! I feel like a sand bag now!" (Y/n) growled, he was drenched in sweat and blood as he blocked a flaming punch that came from a golem in front of him.

A few hours of pain and suffering later. Almost everyone in the class slowly walked back to the main facility. Everyone was exhausted from all the hard work. Which is good in a way. They're getting stronger by the minute. When they arrived, they were received by a unusual sight. Some wooden tables, covered in kitchen utensils, vegetables, bowls, pans, ingredients and whatnot. As well as two of the pussycats, Ragdoll and Tiger, the other half of the Wild Wild Pussycats joined the training camp. C'mon now, it's like 40 students, two teachers wouldn't be nearly enough.

"Now, remember what I said yesterday? We're not serving food anymore!" The class groaned.

"Yes ma'am."

"Aw, man! You guys look exhausted! But that's no excuse to make a sloppy cat food!"

Iida appeared to understand the meaning of all this bullsh- activity.

"I see... the most important part of saving someone from a disaster is providing support for their physical needs, as well as spiritual. This is a great opportunity everyone! Let's make the most delicious curry in the world!"

"Yeah. Okay." The rest of the class did not share his enthusiasm.

After changing into something that wasn't sweaty and, or, falling apart. The two classes gathered to begin this curry business. Everyone helps in some way, chopping vegetables, cleaning the bowls or lighting the stove.

"Todoroki! Can we get some fire over here too? Since (L/n)'s not here yet." Ashido requested. Todoroki has the perfect quirk to light the fires.

"Bakugo. Use an explosion to light the fire." Sero suggested.

"I don't think that's a good idea." Izuku raised an eyebrow.

"This is so beneath me!" Bakugo blasts the firewood, trying to start the fire. Nothing happens, he just made a mess. "Too much!"

"Nice work!" Kirishima teased.

"Shut up! Shitty Hair!"

"Rely on the others and you'll never learn to start a fire yourself." Yaoyorozu shares her wisdom. "We should focus on acquiring new skills." Easy for her to say as she makes a lighter with her quirk.

"Where's (L/n)?" A certain purple haired girl asked the class, as they just noticed that she was right. They began looking around for him, until they noticed something smoking walking towards them.

They all stare at it warily, they prep their quirks in case the smoke was a villain. They all panicked when they saw that it was (Y/n) all beat up and covered in either burn and slash marks.

"Can y'all move... I want to change my clothes." He grumbled. Everyone nodded as they made way for him.

=After Changing Clothes=

"Hey, (L/n)! Do you think you can light a fire with your lighting?" Sero questioned.

"You know what? That's a stupid question... Why? I'll show it to you." (Y/n) grabbed a chunky piece of wood and used his lightning quirk to burn it, but he just incinerated it, making everyone present sweat dropped.

"Yeah..... No." Todoroki grabbed another wood and lit it up before placing it under a stove.

Eventually, they managed to cook the damn curry. Didn't end up exactly the way they thought it would, it's not like there's a Gordon Ramsey among them. (Y/n) made a different dish. Chicken Fried Rice.

"If I got this crap at a restaurant I'd sent it back, but after today. I'll eat every bite!" Kirishima said as he munched down the curry. "Hey, that looks good! lemme get a bite, (L/n)." He smiled innocently at the teen.

"Yeah... Sure." (Y/n) replied, he offered the bowl of fried rice to his red haired comrade.

"IT'S SO DELICIOUS, BRO!!!" Kirishima shouted. "You could compete with Lunch Rush with this type of cooking!" He praised his bro.

"Eh... Not quite. I guess you guys didn't do half bad as Yaomomo is stuffing her face." (Y/n) jabbed a tendril at Momo's direction.

"Woah, you're scarfing it down Momo!"

"My apologies... Yes. My quirk transform lipids into brand new atoms to create inorganic materials. That means, the more I eat, the more I can make." She explained.

"Oh just like how poop works?" Sero points out before he got smacked at the back of the head by Jiro, while Momo sulks in a corner.

"Real smooth, Kid." (Y/n) shook his head.

"Apologize!" Jiro punched Sero's arm.

"Ow! Okay! Okay, I'm sorry!"

Later that night, (Y/n) would find himself a secluded place, away from the mess of the camp, to enjoy some time by myself as well. Stargazing has always been something he'd do whenever the skies were clear, and here in this training camp, away from the big cities, it's as clear as it'll ever be, so might as well enjoy it. Although, he wouldn't be alone for too much time... He sensed soft movement behind him.

"Good evening...." He said out loud snuffing the little flames that danced around his hands, surprising the girl a bit.

"So I've finally found you." He heard her voice, unmistakable, it's like an angel were talking with him and by sounds of it, she was smiling.

"Sup, Jiro..."

"Sup? Always with the 'sup'? Sup with that?" She giggled standing by his side.

"I don't know, really."

"What are you doing way out here by yourself?" Jiro asked as she stared at the stars.

"Well, y'know... Thinking... Pondering..." He replied with a little smile while staring at her at the corner of his eye.

"About what?" She curiously asks.

"About this girl..." He replied, making Jiro look at him.

"G-Girl?" She was taken back. "Like, like... like a girlfriend?"

What she said made (Y/n) laugh.

"What makes you think I have a girlfriend?"

"W-well..." She fumbled to find words. "You're cool and..."

"And?" They faced each other as (Y/n) was seen smiling warmly at her.

Blushing, she couldn't continue.

"I see. So you think I'm cool?"

"Y-Yeah..."

"Well, thanks... I think you're cool too." He smiled sweetly. "The way you sang back on that bus? I'm still trying to get over how great you were."

"I-I'm not that good."

"Really, you're great." He grins as she smiled back a bit.

"T-thanks..." Jiro looked around, blushing softly. "About that girl?"

"You really seem interested to know her, huh? Don't worry, you already know her." (Y/n) disappeared into the night, presumably returning to the camp.

"I-I do?" Jiro followed, "W-what do you mean I know her?! Come back here, don't leave like that!" Jiro stumbled towards the camp. She ran and ran not noticing a tree root in her path. She caught her foot in the root and almost fell face first if not for (Y/n) popping out of the shadows of the tree beside her.

"Careful now." (Y/n) said as she noticed that his face was covered in a silver veil again. "You okay, Jiro?" He asked her as he inspected her foot.

"Yeah that's gonna leave a bruise..." He muttered as he delicately touched her foot.

"C'mon, I'll carry ya to the infirmary." He stood up before scooping her up in his arms. "The others must be worried where we have gone off to for so long." He smiled as he carried her.

"R-right!" She blushed and hid her blushing face into her hands, as (Y/n) walks back to the camp.

====

The sun shines on the third day of the Training Camp. The students gets back to their daily routines of pain and suffering. (Y/n) returned to the cave to get beaten up a bit more by the golems but he surprises the facilitators by spawning a clone of him that helps in airing out the whole cave. After an inspiring speech by Mr. Aizawa, Pixie-Bob had an announcement to make.

"We're pitting classes against each other in a test of courage! I know you've been training hard, and later you'll get to play hard! How's that for a reward!?"

"As long as I don't get to be jumped by some annoying rocks."

"Don't slack off now! Make sure you keep pushing yourself as you work!"

"Yes Ma'am!"

====

Soon enough, dinner time rolled in, this time, vegetable stew for the normies and (Y/n) for some reason cooked a...

Eggs Benedict fit for a King. Everyone just stared at him confused on where he gets the time and effort to create that dish. After everyone ate the test of courage was about to begin.

"Perfect! We filled our bellies and cleaned the dishes! It's time for..." Pixie-Bob was about to introduce the Test, when Ashido jumped in out of nowhere.

"A totally awesome test of courage!" Ashido happily hopped.

"We're gonna win!" The rest of the boys, the ones who failed the final exams followed.

"Not so fast." said Mr. Aizawa, they twitched in panic. "It pains me to say, but the remedial class will be having lessons with me instead."

"You gotta be kidding me!" Ashido looked terrified.

"Sorry. Your training during the day didn't impress me. So I'll be using this time too." Aizawa used his binds to drag them to the class.

"Heh. Poor bastards... So, how's this gonna work?" (Y/n) questioned.

"Okay! So, class B is going to start out as the our scarers. When they're in place, class A will leave in pairs every three minutes. There are tags with your names at the far end of the route. Your goal is to collect those!" Pixie-Bob explained.

"Sounds easy..."

"Revelry in the dark..."

"I suppose I must make do with this tawdry setting..." (Y/n) mumbled as stretched.

"Those who are scarers aren't allowed to make physical contact! Use your quirks to terrify the others, got it?"

"The winners are the creative students that make the most students piss their pants!" Tiger enthusiastically added.

"So, it's a scare contest. Got it. Like this?" (Y/n) questioned, as an ominous mist emerged behind him, before it completely consumed him. Everyone looks at the mist in concern before a ghostly figure lunges out at them. He scared everyone except the teachers. He walks out of the mist laughing as it dissipated behind him.

"GAH! You had to do this?" Jiro playfully punched his arm.

"Hahaha! Sorry!" He laughed, as he was bombarded with punches.

"I see... They're encouraging us to use our imagination as we compete with each other, all while showing us more uses for our quirks in the process!" Iida analyzed. "As expected from U.A!"

"Alright! Everyone draw to see who your partner will be!"

(Y/n) drew Iida.

"Class rep! Let's show courage out there!"

"We'll make our class proud!"

*Epic Handshake Ensues*

Midoriya looked lost and sad for being alone. Bakugo was angry for being paired with Todoroki.

12 minutes in the test of courage. Kaito, Midoriya, Iida, Mineta and Ojiro are the only ones left. They could hear screams of terror, scary shit. When something unusual happened.

"You smell that?" Midoriya questioned.

"Is that... Smoke?"

"Has something been lit up?"

"Maybe there's a fire on the mountain?"

They were all confused by what was happening. (Y/n) took the initiative and let's out an electric pulse from his tendrils that scans the surrounding area for life forms and disturbance.

"Hey... You know if someone returned already?" (Y/n) questioned.

"Not yet. Why?"

"Then there's at least 4 people that should not be here! Right over there." (Y/n) shoots a lightning bolt into a nearby bush, a shadowy figure jumps away from the line of fire. Suddenly, Pixie-Bob was pulled by some kind of pink energy! She was knocked by a plain looking villain, carrying some sort of pole wrapped in a white sheet, accompanied by another, lizard looking villain the one who jumped away, equipped with a bunch of blades.

"First, let's take care of these feral cats." The first villain spoke up, now, they had Pixie-Bob at their mercy.

"What? No way! They made sure no one could find us! So why the heck are there villains attacking this place?!"

"Pixie-Bob!"

"You better let her go, right now!"

Midoriya and (Y/n) stepped up. Tiger and Mandalay stopped them.

"Now, how are you this evening, U.A High School? We are part of the Vanguard Action Squad of the League Of Villains." The lizard villain introduced them.

"The League Of Villains?"

"Not these dumbasses again. We kicked your sorry asses once! What are you doing here again?"

"I could crush this kitty's skull so easily. How about it, dear? Should I?"

"You get away from her!"

"No, no. Hold on, Big Sis Mag. You too Tiger, calm down. When deciding if someone should live or die, we must be careful that we're abiding by Stain's Principles."

"Stain So you're the ones he ended up inspiring?" Iida questioned.

"At your service. That's us! And you four eyes, I believe I recognize you. You're one of the self righteous who attacked Stain in Hosu City!" The villain accused.

"Self righteous brats who attacked Stain?' What the hell is he talking about, Iida?"

"Allow me to introduce myself. Call me Spinner!" The lizard villain pulled a sword made up of a lot of different blades. "I am here to make Stain's dream a reality!"

"I don't care who you are! You're criminals!" Tiger retorted with anger. "The woman lying there is a Pro Hero named Pixie-Bob, she's a pro hero who saved countless lives. She's giving her all for these young heroes, pushing them to reach their full potential. She's looking for a mate, but otherwise, she's content. What gives you the right to cut such a happy life short?!"

"Didn't anyone tell you it's not a hero's job to be happy!?"

"Tiger! I talked to everyone, trust the safety of the other students to ragdoll. You and I will stay here and hold them back." Mandalay turned to the students. "You return to camp. Class rep, you're in charge on the way here. Don't engage anyone."

"Leave it to me!"

The group was about to leave. Midoriya and (Y/n) stayed behind. (Y/n) looked a bit disturbed and excited at the same time.

"Mandalay! Kota. I know where he is!"

"You know?"

Midoriya nodded, when he turned to look at (Y/n), he was gone.

Midoriya got permission to go after Kota while the others returned to camp. After the others left the pussycats line of sight, they hear movement all around them.

"Everyone stick together!" The class stood back to back. The rustling and snapping of branches grew louder, and louder until (Y/n) half transformed landed in front of them.

"(L/n)? Is something wrong?"

"You guys ought to keep moving."

"What? Are you crazy? Come with us, please!" Mineta was worried at the teen.

"Mandalay said to-"

"I know what she said. I just can't go ahead yet. There's still people trapped in the forest, surrounded by fire. I'm going after them."

"But, you can't! The fire!"

"Y'all forgetting I can raise my temperature even hotter than fire, while you guys can't." (Y/n) turned to look at his classmates. "Listen... I need you guys to return back to camp and keep our classmates out of this mess. I just know those idiots will want to fight, but I can't let them endanger themselves." He finished as he was ready to leap away.

"W-wait, just think about this for a second." Ojiro stoppped him.

"Leave him." Iida spoke up. He noticed the hungry and determined look on (Y/n)'s face. "Go ahead. You can do this." Iida nods.

"You know it chief." He saluted his class prez as he leaps through the woods, running through the flames. He quickly makes his way past the pussycats without being noticed. He entered the core of the fires and immediately began searching for students with his electrical pulse that covers a huge area of the woods. While going into the fire, only one thought crossed his mind.

"Please, be ok... Jiro."

He finally stopped in the middle of the woods, sensing someone close nearby.

"There's a lot of movement. Can't tell if they're friends or foes with all this fire going around."

"Looks like you're lost." Dabi appeared out of nowhere, blasting (Y/n) with his blue flames point blank range. "I expected more from the Champion in the Sports Festival, but..."

"Ey... Puto..." (Y/n) said from within the flames.

"Huh?" Dabi looked at the flames. The Evolving Hero stood there sweating a little but unharmed. (Y/n) charged threw the flames and bodyslammed Dabi into a tree.

"Not bad." Dabi coughed and tried to use his flames again but (Y/n) dodged his attacks, but then always closing in. He managed to hit Dabi again, a punch square to the face, and the villain is down again. (Y/n) quickly dashes forwards and sat down on Dabi's back.

"Power Houses like you are only good at long range attacks. I can just close in and you're donezo." He aimed his quirks to Dabi's face. "Y'know, since your flames and mine have the same heat to 'em. I was thinking I should use my lightning to add more nasty scars but since we're alone... Now, why don't you go ahead and start exlaining what's your plan and where your friends are before I complete your set of burns?"

"Or?" Dabi grinned.

"You really are testing me, huh?" (Y/n) chuckled as he blasted a hole through three trees.

"Heh. Looks like you're out of luck." Suddenly, Dabi started to get incased by a black fog. "They were right about you..." Then he disappeared.

"What? The blue flames weren't his quirk?" (Y/n) glanced around. "Alright then. Gotta find the other students..."

Not far from his position, lurking in the woods...

"Come on, Dabi/Moron!" Twice yelled. "You got your ass handed to you! By a Fire and Lightning Kiddo!"

"Huh... I guess I am weak." Dabi chuckled.

"Don't say that! Take it as the kid being well trained by U.A's teachers!/ Of course you suck ass, Loser!"

"Whatever, Twice. Did the other me reach it's destination? The Pro's occupied then. Nacht should take care of this kid."

"The kid got potential in him, but he can't get past Nacht." Dabi thought.

====

(Y/n) continues to run and leap his way around the woods in the direction of any movement he could sense. He finds one from class B a beast looking individual wearing glasses carrying another, a girl with a small stature, and horns on her head.

"You guys okay?" (Y/n) said as he stopped in front of them.

"Yeah. I'm okay. She's not doing good though."

"Do you know if there's someone else from your class still in the woods?"

"I don't know. Everyone scattered when the flames started."

"I see- wait... watch out!"

Suddenly, (Y/n) sensed a rapid and flawless movement coming their way. He turned to defend them from whatever was about to hit them. Another villain, with a dark grey cloak covering most of his body and a metal mask on his face. The villain attacked with some sort of claw like weapon that runs from his hand to his arm. The villain managed to wound (Y/n)'s arms in the process. The two now clashing in measured forces.

"So, you managed to take down Dabi? Not bad kid, but still..." The villain spoke.

"Huh, you cut me?" (Y/n) used his tail to smack the villain away. Creating some distance between the two, he looks down at his arms.

"You two should get out of here. I'll hold him off!" He exclaimed. The other student ran off carrying his classmate.

The villain recovered from the smack.

"Since you're on the kill or capture list. I'm afraid your journey ends here, fake hero." The villain removed his coat, revealing his quirk. He has monster like look that closely resembled (Y/n)'s Goliath form. "You have nowhere to run, and got nowhere to hide."

"Everyone in Class A and B! In the name of the Pro Hero Eraserhead, you are granted permission to engage in combat! I repeat: Use your training, you may fight these villains!" (Y/n) received the message via Mandalay's telepathy.

"Now... This is where the fun begins!" (Y/n) punched the ground letting his flames and lightning flow, and then roared.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.1K 861 10
In a world full of superpowered Quirks, one individual desire to become a hero. (y/n) always wanted to be a hero. He always wanted to help the less...
75.9K 2.3K 32
A MHA x Reader story. You were born with a very unique quirk. A quirk with a lot of mystery. What it lacked in power, it more than made up for in res...
678 13 9
In a society with 80% of people possess a superhuman ability called a quirk. However, there are the 20% who don't possess a superhuman ability. To th...
206K 5.9K 28
FIRST WATTPAD. Izuku Midoriya lives in a society where quirks (powers) exist, 80% of the population has quirks! 20% though... doesn't have a quirk. T...