Hourglass [Quintessential Qui...

By Kiriyarin_

Each of them has their own stories, their own choices. A lot of new characters, new choices and new events, t... More

Chapter 1 - White Memory
Chapter 2 - The Beyond
Chapter 3 - Trouble Divided Into Five
Chapter 4 - Butterfly Effect
Chapter 5 - Stars Collide
Chapter 6 - Reflection
Chapter 7 - Encounter
Chapter 8 - All Sides
Chapter 9 - Trickster (Ⅰ)
Chapter 10 - Trickster (Ⅱ)
Chapter 11 - Preliminary
Valentine Special - Foudre
Chapter 12 - Ignite
Chapter 13 - Crisis Management
Chapter 14 - Siren's Song
Chapter 16 - Echoes of Betrayal
Chapter 17 - Confession and the Charming Maid (Ⅰ)
Chapter 18 - Emotions and the Forgiven Maid (Ⅱ)
Chapter 19 - Trouble in Paradise (Ⅲ)
Chapter 20 - Cast Away (Ⅳ)
Interlude Chapter - Friends All Over the World
Chapter 21 - Queen of Hearts (Ⅴ)
Chapter 22 - New Beginnings ( Ⅵ )
Chapter 23 - Someday in the Rain
Chapter 24 - Make a Spell
Chapter 25 - Darkness Falls, a Star Is Born
Chapter 26 - Calamity Fortune
Chapter 27 - Tales of Snow
Chapter 28 - The Melancholy of Nakano Nino
Chapter 29 - Lost & Found
Chapter 30 - Break a Spell (Ⅰ)
Chapter 31 - Break a Spell (ⅠⅠ)
Chapter 32 - Connection
Chapter 33 - Operation: True Love
Chapter 34 - A Few Mistakes Ago
Chapter 35 - Dandelions
Chapter 36 - Heartstrings
Chapter 37 - Through Rose-Colored Glasses
[Part 1 Finale] Chapter 38 - For Whom the Bells Toll
Chapter 39 - Begin the Offensive
Chapter 40 - Roll Like We Used To
Interlude Chapter - Whims of Fate (I)
Chapter 41 - The ABC's of Live
Chapter 42 - Trouble Multiplied By Five
Chapter 43 - Calliope (I)
To You, The Worthless Excuse
To You, The Absolutely Worthless Excuse
To You, Who Awaits The Snowmelt
To You, What Hidden Behind Your Eyelids

Chapter 15 - Promise

451 9 6
By Kiriyarin_

Asuka's POV:

''Forget wh---!!!''

Soft.

Her strawberry-flavored lipstick adorned her lips, and her fingers curled around my collar, holding me in place. I froze there as if someone had stopped time and Itsuki closed her eyes and placed her lips on mine.

As Itsuki stepped closer, our faces remained just a few inches apart. I could feel her warm breath on my skin, sending shivers down my spine.

''Itsuki...''

''Don't talk.'' Even if I want to speak, the words don't come out of my mouth. Her face is only a few inches away from me, we stare at each other. Itsuki whispered softly to me. ''You have to face the consequences...''

''Cons-?!...'' I touched my lips with my palm. I can only imagine how red my face is. Wait a second, girls are usually supposed to be like this, right?

''You shouldn't play with girls' hearts, or you'll end up like this...'' 

Has Itsuki always been this brave?

Itsuki picked up the bag she had thrown on the couch again and gave me a smug smile. My feelings are about to go crazy right now. I'm having trouble even controlling my breathing. Does that mean we're a couple now? That would be too fast, no. Wait a minute, when did I start to like Itsuki? Do I love Itsuki...? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Her sisters shouldn't know about this, hell no. If this reaches to them, my time in this home will come to an end. Furthermore, their father is unlikely to let me to see any of them again. 

My brain regained its ability to think after a while. I looked directly at Itsuki, who was in front of the door watching me with a stupid grin on her face. No matter how self-confident she tries to look, there is a huge blush on her face. 

''You look like a tomato Asuka.''

''Don't mock! Do you see your own face?'' Itsuki touched her cheeks with her right palm, then chuckled lightly;

''Come on, we're gonna be late. I'm going first.''

Itsuki rushed out the door and left me alone in the living room, feeling completely defeated. I was at a loss on how to react, so I simply sat back down on the couch and tried to relax and process what had just happened. My mind was still trying to make sense of the event that just happened.

''I'm already late.'' The clock on the wall shows me that class has already started. I don't care, lessons can go fuck themselves. 

''So that's what it feels like...''

My thoughts became stuck in that moment, like a goddamn broken record. The taste of her lipstick, the scent of her hair, and everything else about her are etched in my mind like a painting. I have no clue what will happen... We have to stay the night at Nakano's place today as well. Tonight will be either a miracle or a tragedy. Doesn't that mean she likes me? What am I going to do...

I doubt that I'll be able to go school if I continue to think about these things right now. I need to get ready.

I touched my lips once again but this time my mind could only smile;

''What's wrong with this woman, ahahaha!~''

[ Later... ]

As I thought, I was late for school. History class had already finished when I arrived at school. After what happened, I think it's quite normal. Even now I'm thinking about how a car didn't hit me on the road since I couldn't even walk properly.

So I entered the class, everything seems normal. Looks like they took a break from the cultural festival preparations. Casual smiles and greetings. That's enough for me.

''Asuka-kun, I'm sorry we forgot to wake you up! You're with us today as well, aren't you? I'll definitely not forget tomorrow!'' The usual cheerful Yotsuba, always positive and energetic.

''I'm counting on that Yotsuba-chan. Do your best!''

''How can you be late for classes? I can't believe you, do you have any idea how important they are?'' The usual asshole Fuutarou, always pain in the ass yet reliable.

''I believe what is truly abnormal is you; it would be rude to leave people's homes without informing them.''

''Uesugi-san was studying even though I was the first to arrive at the school!'' Yotsuba looked at us with a smile, but I can see her ribbon had slipped a little. I suppose she ran to be here in time.

She looked happy as if what had happened on game night had never happened. Or maybe...

''After all, exams are coming, he is a student as well, not only some tutor.''

''Oi Yotsuba, Pay some attention to your clothes.'' Fuutarou finally spoke with a followed sigh.

''Whaddya mean Uesugi-san?''

''Your hair is all messed up.'' Fuutarou stood up from his seat, put down his pen on the table, and then gently ran his fingers through Yotsuba's hair to fix.

''U-u-uesugi-san?!?!'' Yotsuba looked at Fuutarou with a shocked expression, maybe it was a little shyness?

''Don't move! Tch...'' It's a cute sight to see Fuutarou trying to fix Yotsuba's messed-up hair with his hands. Yotsuba's flushed face makes it difficult for her to not moving.

''H-ha...T-thank you Uesugi-san...''

''Sheesh, when did you two start dating?''

Let's spice things up.

''Shut up! / W-what are you saying!?'' They both shouted at me at the same time, their red faces are definitely a sight worth seeing.

''Okay okay, I just wanted to mess with ya two.''

Fuutarou is struggling to tie Yotsuba's ribbon, and I can understand why. It must be tough to shape a ribbon into a bunny shape, yet Yotsuba does it every morning. ''You little...!''

Yet when I look at them, I see myself in the morning. It's like reliving the same feeling again. I'm unable to focus on the classes or anything else today. Involuntarily, I keep touching my lips, as if I can still taste it...

''...Ouch.''

Ah! I pinched my cheeks to re-gain my focus, If people start doubting, I'm done af. But I also need to think about this... What am I going to answer? Is there an answer that can be given? Or I'm wrong about everything?

I closed my eyes and leaned my back against my seat. Fuutarou and Yotsuba had calmed down and were talking like normal friends. It's good that they won't bother me, I need to stay within the boundaries of my mind for a while. Thankfully, no one knows what happened. I guess it will be better for Itsuki and me to keeping it as a secret at least until everything is cleared up. No one will find out anyway, heh!

''Silence...''

''Ah, by the way! How was your first kiss Asuka-kun?''

̶̡̖̝̲͙͔̭̝̖̈̀̈́͒̚̚͝͝ ̶̛͈̱̤̠̣͐̈̍̈̏̓ͅ ̵̡̧̥̣̺͔̣͖̱̞̲̻̪̻̗̦̫̑̾̾̒̈̄̀̍̉͒͠ ̸̧͔̩̼̙͋͊ ̴̛̟̣͈̤̟͇̙͓̜͈̮̞̖̭̯̐̿̏͂̀̔̍͗͐̄̇͊͝͠͝ͅ ̴̻̜̉͆ ̴̡̧̡͖̗̦̣̱̘̅͑̎̑̈́̅̍̾̌͐̾̀̿̌̚ ̷̡̢̛͖̪̥̝̬͎͓̘͎̹͔͖̦̹̝͉͉̈́̀̌̽̊̐̚ ̴̫̃͒͝ ̶̧̥̦̭͓̣̼̠̠̖͓̠̳͚͌̆͐̐̅̃̿̇͐̐̕͜ ̵̡͕̥̯̩͓̯̊̿͊́̏̅͑̀̋̈̂͊̔̓̕ ̴̛͕͈̠̩̜̫͚̫͗̍͐́̅̍̚ ̷̠̝̱͍͍̿̏̕ ̷̨̡̬͌͛͌̇̿͌͋͝͝ ̶̪͕̈́̀͆͐̄̓̉͘͠ ̴̢̫̮̫̮̠͚̟̰̠̖̞̻̱͔̆̊ͅ ̷̡̩̲̹͚̫̯͎̦̺́͋̇̃̈̍͋́͊͌̈́̃͆̽̒̒͌͘ ̸̡̼̲̾̑͆͋̒̓̉̾̾̚͝ ̶̡̘̲̬̰̼̫̥͈̹̼̞̑̅́͗͊̄͌̽̎̄͗̕͠ͅ ̸̡̧̢̫̣̖̰̗̼̯͚̰̞̊̓̀͊̽̕ ̷̧̳͓̠͕̞̥̫̱̜̈̐͆͊̍ ̵̧̨̧̡̜̲͓̩̭̜͗̆̀́̆͊͂̋͋̏̊̈͊̀̎̕͠͠ͅ ̶̪̺͗͑͌̂̍̍͌ ̸͎̥̓́̅̓͌̎͊̔̍̉̏̿́͘̚͜͜ ̶̗̼͇̹̙̟̹͉̟͙̬̣̬̜̓̔̔̌͂̅͌̓̊̈́̇̀͋̕ ̸̹͆̔̎̏̉͑̑͆͂͂̃̈́̿̀̏̀̕͘ ̶̛̭̬̜̣́̔́̉͐̋̔̊̀̈́́̀̑̔͊̑̽̚ ̵̡̧̨̢̛̮̞͚̦͇͉̠̲̟̼̱̯͓̐͐̽͑̿̃̊̔̇̄̒̄̾͊̚͠ͅ ̵̨͇̣͉̯̠̥̫̮̬̯̗̂̎͋̋̾̚͝ ̷̧̢̦͖̰̝̖̍́̒̒̆͆̀̂̓̈́̅̎̇͘͠͝ ̸̧̺̭̹̖̠̻̺̟͚͕͉̲̘͕̱͚͉̌͗́͌̆͆̾͋͑̐͋̌͋̄͌͗͝ ̷̡̞̭͓͍͈̐̅̀̽̑̎̑͒̕͝ ̸̖̎̊͝ͅ ̵̧̱͈͈̩̜͈̖͉̤̤̩̼̀́͛͐͂̑͛́̋̋̌̈̚ͅ ̸̭͉͔̣͓̖̓̒͑̏̀̕ͅ ̶̛̜̯̜͖̦̹͉̈́́̓́̎̋͑̃̒͒̕͝ ̸͍̜͍̯̥̫͙̦̞̳̈̓͜ ̵̨̳̮̫̱͕͚̳̜̼̼͇͕̜̿͛͛͆̃͜͠ͅ

''Asuka...-kun?''

'' ̵̧̧̻͎̗̝͇̗̥͇̳͕͎̣͓̥͖̝͔͎̤̳̜̘̮̝̪̩̥͚̏̃̀̀̎̈̂̂͌̇̌͗̓̃̚̚ ̴̢̡̨̨̧͈͇̥̮͙̯͕̥̤̥̺̹̲͔̱̯̜͔̱̘̳̙̻̱̥̥̀͒͆̓̂̓̌̄ͅ ̵̧̧̯̭̲̖̯̹̯̬̟̺̜̙̹̤̦̭̟̺̙̮̻͇̱̙̗̙̳̤̣̬̝̞͎̓͌͂͐̇̊̈́̔̕͜͜ ̴̧̛̠̗̻̲͈̤̩̣̆̓̋̇̀͑̎̀̈̎́̀̅̓̃̈̐͒̀̀͗͐̈́̚̕̕̚̕ͅ ̸̢̡̨̡̞̥̳̤̰̣͕̫̦͎̙̺̫̤͚̞͙͙̣̰̬͕̹͇̼̼̗̠̝̞̀͂͂̀̀̀́͊̂̅́͋̊̐̐̈̎̃̑̈́͂̄͌̐̔̇̌̕͘͘ͅ ̷̨̬̼̭̘̦̄̈̓̓̔́̾̋͑̅́̇̒̽͑̍̈́̋̀͌̕͜͠ ̶̡̢̢̧̧͍͚̬̩̟͕̥͈͉̳͈̮̺̻̹̙̼͔̘̙̀̍͗͆̇̓̋̔̎͒̄͗̓̂̅̑͒̂̾̄̎͑̂̈̆͐́̕̕͜ͅ ̵̢̧̖͈̯̗̲̲̹̬͕͍͙̤̔̊͌̓͊̔͒̾̊͊̿͗̎͐̉̉̀̑͋͆̔͊̃͘͝͠ͅ ̵̢̛͇̗͎͓̜̦̏̀̚ ̵̧̨̻͈̦̰̖̤͖̦͉̩̤̗̖͖͈̲̣̓̇͑̾̍͐̐̓̋̾̓̓͗͋͛͌́̒̉͂͋̐̈̓͑͘̕͜͜͝͝͝ ̸̛̝̼̮̝̫̰̺̹̔͛̐̕ ̸̢̛̛͚̫̞̥̖͚͇̮͖̦̤̞͇̱͕̼̮̥͓͗͌̋͆͒̊̏̈́͆́̀̈́̒̑͆̽̄̎̇̔́͌͊̽́̍̿̕̚ ̴̨̡̡̡̢͔͔̭̫͕͓͚̠̹̗̖͓̪̘̫̳̥͍̹͉̪̜̘̟̬̟̖̻̲͚̊̀͛͒͛͂̒͂́̓͋̀͒͐̋͗̊̈͋̀̂̐̍̀́̕̚͝͠͝ ̶̧̝̯̩̦̪͕̈̒̓̓̈̓͛͛̈̈̇̀̍͐͑̂̇̇̋͘̕̚͘̕͘͘͜͝͝͝͝͠͝ ̴̢̧̢̛̜̯̝͍̩̗̥̭͈̲̪̭̝̬̰̘̯͓̼̪̪͎͈͕̝̻̉͂̓̔̒͋̊̀̄́̈̆̈̍̈́̊͌̓͐̐͊̚̕͜͝ ̶̨͙͔̺͈̭̼̃̂͑̇̀̉̿̿̓͂̔͊́̂̑͂͛̓̑̕̕͝ͅ ̶̡̧̧̡̨̧̡̙͈̦̠͚̩͔̗̤͖̝̼̩̮̬̘̯̖̫̪͇͖̝̻̟̻̭̰̺̥̪̅̇̅̄̑̅͘͝͝ͅ ̵̨͉̜̖̣͔̩̪̭͖̫͇́̽̎̎̀̐͝͠ ̸̢̢̛̺̳̣̹͕̞͔̬̞̹̝̯̗͖͍̩̯̈́̉̅̈́̋̄̃͑̇̆̿́͗̋͂̃̊̍̋̀̔̓̅̋̅̽̅̍̕͝͠͠͝͝͠͝ͅͅ ̵̢̨̲̗͓̘̫̼̩̾̑̄́͊̃̅͌͊͑̾͑̋͋͆̕͘ ̵̨̡̛̛̥̘͈͍͓̘̘̼͕͖̗̹̤̣̠͚͖̣̫͇̟̱̲̎̊̂̋͆̅̈̈̒̃͐̎̌͐̀̒̊͒̈̽͘͝ͅ ''

''Sensei! Asuka-kun is having a stroke!''

.

.

.

''You're asking how my first kiss was, Yotsuba-chan?''

''Hum! The other girls were curious, but they were afraid to ask, so they asked me. Heh, it must be because I'm so reliable!'' Yotsuba made a proud face and looked at me.

''They're just using you...whatever...'' I can't tell the truth, it's out of the question. ''None, I've never had a girlfriend, so I never kissed anyone.''

Yotsuba opened her eyes with a shocked expression, this shouldn't be so surprising. Right?

''No way?! You? I mean...I can understand Uesugi-san but you?!''

''HEY!'' Fuutarou pouted while he was trying to focus on his notebook.

''Like I said, I've never had a girlfriend so no. And what about you Yotsuba-chan? Have you ever had a boyfriend?''

''I-uhh...Y'know...'' Her cheeks flushed to a certain tone of pink as she clinged her left arm with other arm. ''Likewise, I've never had a lover before.''

''Even if you had a boyfriend, Nino would have buried them already.'' I guess everything is fine, no one saw me as I thought. I'd better continue the conversation. ''Are the preparations finished, Yotsuba-chan?''

''Ha-What, Ohh! Everything looks fine! Costume and food orders have already been completed. Everything will be ready when the midterms are over.''

''Exactly as expected from the head maid.''

''Stop embarrasing me~ Mou.'' She giggled.

It's seriously awesome that Yotsuba has an important role to play. For information, I'm banned from the kitchen for life because no one trusts me, for some past reason.

''And you Fuutarou? You're not going to study that time, are you?''

''I'll be the cashier.'' He said without even lifting his head from his notebook.

So my day passes without any incident. Which I'm very grateful for, if I were to meet Itsuki at school, I probably wouldn't be able to say anything. Even now I don't know what to say or how to be when I see her.

Yet I don't pay attention to the lessons. Even if I wanted to listen, it's impossible. Thank god, my long hair covers my wireless earbuds, allowing me to listen music or podcasts without drawing the attention of our teacher.

''Asuka, we need to talk.'' Fuutarou taps my shoulder.

''Sure...?''

I took off my earbuds and looked at Fuutarou. He looks serious, is it a big deal?

''Not here.'' He points to Yotsuba without she notice.

''I see, let's go outside.''

I left the classroom with Fuutarou; our school is usually quite crowded, so there isn't much alone space. Except for the roof, and I'm sure there's a certain person there right now so I don't want to bother him. We preferred the science lab instead, nobody uses it at this time of day.

Fuutarou immediately shut the door after I walked in, probably he didn't want anyone to hear.

''That should be enough...'' He mumbled.

''Sorry, but I'm into girls.''

''What the hell-? Anyway, I have something to tell you. It's about the quintuplets.'' Now I understand why he wanted to get away from Yotsuba.

''I'm all ears, go on.''

I laid my back on the wall and observed Fuutarou.

''Do you remember the fight Itsuki and I had?''

''Of course I remember, I saved your ass. Please don't mess things up any more.''

''The reason we had a fight was because their father called me. Something important.''

''Nakano-san called you?...'' I asked.

'' Yes, he threatened to fire us if even one of the girls failed the midterms. So I tried to get Itsuki to study more at the time, but it backfired.''

...What? Is he really serious about this? It's not something to be joked about. Will we be fired? Are you telling me this now?

''Are you kidding me? Why didn't you tell me this before!''

''There was no time to say! Now you know. We need to speed up the girls' schedule or they'll all fail.''

Do I need to be angry right now? Fuutarou got the fucking biggest ultimatum of his life and didn't say a word to me about it.

''We won't make it in time if we keep going at this rate. Let's add another hour to the lesson plan; that should enough.''

''OK, let's do that. Sorry, I should have told you earlier...''

So we have come to the end of our conversation. I'm not angry with Fuutarou at all, but I'm a little upset that he kept such an important matter from me. But we can make up for lost time with proper planning.

[ After School ]

Now that school is over, it could seem like a good idea to relax a bit after everything, but that's a big no no. The real challenges start now. Straight back to hell, I'm returning to the Nakano residence. I could go back to the bakery and get some cookies, but this time I gave the task to Fuutarou.

After all, that bitchass hid such a big thing from me. I couldn't leave without punishment, right?

The tension on me increased again when the huge building came into my field of vision again. My heartbeat has started to speed up once again, either I feel something for Itsuki or I'm probably going to have a cardiac arrest tonight.

I sent Fuutarou first, I needed to think a little by myself. I've been thinking about what to say all through our school day. I know what I have to do, but its one helluva gamble. Also, walking on the streets alone is really a great activity, just you and the thoughts in your brain. However, I had already reached the front of their doors before I could enjoy it... Fuck! I hate the Return Trip Effect.

*Knock knock*

''A moment, please!'' So the gates of hell was opened, and none other than the mighty and magnificent big sister of the quintuplets greeted me. ''Ara, Asuka-kun welcome back!''

''Yo Ichika-chan'' I smiled. ''Has Fuutarou arrived?''

''Yeah, he just arrived. He had a huge cake in his hand, is it someone's birthday?''

''...'' I said go get a cookies or pretzels or something, where the fuck did the cake come from! ''We just wanted to reward your work a little, hahahahah...''

''Thanks, then! Here, don't stand at the door, come in.''

When I stepped inside their penthouse again, I was met with an familiar sight. Miku and Yotsuba were playing games on their PS5, while Nino was taking care of dinner. As for Itsuki...she's nowhere to be found. She should be in her room again.

''Greeting you two at the door started to feel normal somehow.'' Ichika closed the door and followed me to the living room.

"What exactly do you mean?"

''I don't know, hehe~ It's like you're our brothers.'' Ichika lightly chuckled.

''Then I must have had the best onee-chan in the history.''

''No wonder you're good with girls, you womanizer.''

''Asuka, welcome.''

Miku waved to me from the couch, she and Yotsuba are playing games on the console together. Although the controller was on Yotsuba, Miku was watching her.

''Yo.''

I don't think Yotsuba noticed me. She didn't even look at my face, she's too focused on the game. Hey, this reminds me of myself, then Yotsuba finally talked.

''This Brazilian samurai is hot af. Oh, hi Asuka-kun!''

I went to the kitchen after waving to Yotsuba. Nino was still busy preparing dinner. Well, I guess that's her job, too.

''What do you want?''

''Nothing, I just came to see how you were.''

''As you can see, I'm busy, but while you're here, help me and pass me the salt. On the top shelf...I...'' I know what the girl will say, she's probably trying to say that she's not tall enough.

''Yeah yeah, got you homie.''

I took a pack of salt from the top shelf and left it on the table. If Nino asked me for something, I hope I'm on the right track.

''Thanks...''

''No probs, Are you going to attend session today?''

''I don't care. I'm still against them, but I don't have a choice either. Pepper, on the left.''

''Yes ma'am.''

''You're an acceptable person, Asuka-kun. But the other one is not. Lemon, In the fridge.''

''Come on, you have to get over it. How long have we known each other. You should have realized by now that neither of us is bad. Okay lemon, got it.''

''It's not that easy, after that incident, y'know...''

''Ah, the incident where you almost stabbed Fuutarou if I wasn't there. It was an accident, you should try to forget things sometimes. It really helps.''

''Don't talk like you know everything. You'll never know how I feel...'' Nino sighed.

''And I don't have to. Bad feelings should not be permanent. If you live with a darkness in your heart, the only thing you will turn into are monsters.''

''...''

''I'm sorry, I spoke harshly. But you can't live with hate.'' I glanced at Nino one more time before leaving the kitchen. She seems to be deep in thought. ''Besides, you're much sweeter when you're not angry.''

''HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?!''

I walked out of the kitchen without even turning around, I don't need to know her reaction. I hope my words have reached her, or will reach her one day.

After some time, it's time for dinner. Nino was having difficulty preparing dinner, so the girls requested that we sit down and eat. I don't want to cause any inconvenience, but Fuutarou and I had to agree when Miku and Yotsuba insisted. So everyone gathered together at the dinner table.

''Is Itsuki not coming?'' I asked.

''She said she ate before she got home, so I don't think so.'' Ichika answered my question.

''She better not skip us again...''

''Forget it Fuutarou. Itsuki is a girl who can work on her own. I'm sure even now she's trying to do something on her own. She even borrowed one of my headphones to listen to her private notes today.''

''I see...WAIT, HOW MANY HEADPHONES DO YOU HAVE?''

''Ahahaha...'' I awkwardly laugh. This really looks like a family atmosphere. Of course, we would be much more comfortable if we didn't risk being fired at any moment.

As we continued with our dinner conversations, each of us had something interesting to share about our day. Ichika shared her experience of meeting with her manager and auditioning for a new role as an actress. Nino announced that she had been chosen as the class president. Miku surprised us all by revealing that she had been invited to join the music club. Yotsuba and Fuutarou also had great news to share, having received budgetary approval from the student council for the upcoming festival, which was a significant achievement.

''How was your day? Did anything interesting happen Asuka.'' Miku asked.

Let's see, yes, your sister kissed me. Please don't call the police.

''Same old, nothing happened.''

''All right, that's enough fun. We have to start studying, it's time.'' Fuutarou clapped his hands together, making the call.

''Ugh... / Uwa... / ... / Tch...''

''Don't whine, it's hard for us too, but the exams are less than a week away.''

Then everyone gathered around the table again after taking away their dinner plates, but this time to study. Books, notes and a lot of whining. The things all we know. I still think I should call Itsuki. However, when I spoke to her, I told her that I would leave the decision to her, so this time I won't be involved.

*Creak...*

The sounds of someone coming down the stairs. That's it...

''May I join?...''

The voice of the starry girl. The voice I've been waiting to hear all day has now decided to join us. Itsuki had already changed into her pajamas, unlike last time. Even seeing her face now gives me strange feelings in my heart. It's indescribable, I don't know if it's good or bad. I don't care. I like this feeling.

I sit quietly while everyone greets Itsuki I don't know what to say so silence is the best option. However, she turned to face me. ''Hehe~'' and winked back.

''...''

[ After a Few Hours ]

I'll tell you a few things. These girls suck.

In terms of the lesson, as well as in terms of behavior and respect.

Ever since class started, Ichika's phone has been ringing constantly, every fucking ten minutes. The movie managers kept calling her, and Ichika refused to put her phone on silent. Nino kept messing with Fuutarou all the time. She constantly tried to annoy Fuutarou whenever he asked a question.

Miku left the table saying she was going to the bathroom and didn't come back for about thirty minutes. I found her in her room playing on her Steam Deck when I went to check on Miku. Like a fucking joke.

Yotsuba and Itsuki were the only ones standing properly. However, Yotsuba has a wonderful personality, she is the weakest among them in terms of lessons. She doesn't have a single correct answer on her Chemistry test. Come on! Everyone knows that nitrogen is the most common element in the atmosphere.

A fucking complete disaster. We have a few days left to prepare these suckers for the midterms and we're still at ground zero.

''That's enough for today. It's already night, we have to go to school tomorrow.'' I decided to put an end. Suprisingly, Fuutarou supported my idea. I guess he had enough as well.

''Geez, it's like the lessons are getting harder and harder...'' Miku mumbled as she let it out a sigh before she stood up. She stretched her arms up as she smile. ''Good night everyone.''

''Nighties, Asuka-kun. Fuutarou-kun.'' Ichika left as well, followed by Yotsuba, Nino and Fuutarou and then Itsuki.

I left alone in the room again. Exactly like last night, but much much worse. I won't be staying here tomorrow, but we'll come to tutoring anyway. We need to have a serious talk with them.

''...''

But I don't think being alone is bad here. The view from this building is almost perfect, as if the whole world is under my feet. Is it what they called -being rich-?

We didn't talk much with Itsuki during the lesson. It was not possible for us to talk when there were so many people around, so I quit. It's best to talk about this alone when alone.

''Guess who~''

A pair of hands blocked my vision, dragging me into the darkness. Soft two hands. It's like I've experianced this moment somewhere before...

''Itsuki...ouch...'' Her hands are a bit cold.

''Correct.'' Itsuki giggled slightly and then pulled her hands away from my eyes...then she kissed my cheek. ''Mwah~''

''H-hey...!'' I immediately touched my cheek in response. God, am I the boy here or is she?

''Did I keep you waiting?''

''A-ah no...I was just looking out...''

''You really like the view from here, don't you? You did the same thing yesterday.''

Itsuki and I both got a ridiculous shyness when she brought up yesterday. We both looked at each other dumbfounded, not knowing what to say.

''...''

''Sorry for the morning... I just lost myself.''

''I-It's fine...It was pretty shocking to me too since it's was my first.''

''No way! First?!''

WHY DOES EVERYONE HAVE THE SAME REACTION!

''There are things you want to talk about right, Asuka? You've been looking at me the whole session.''

''Of course there is! Y-you can't do something like that and expect me to be normal! And why did you do such a thing anyway!''

''Asuka, have you ever felt it?...''

''Felt what?''

"Can't explain... A feeling, one that makes you want to be around someone all the time, that gives you confidence. The kind of feeling that your heart won't let you hate..." Itsuki clenched her fist tightly and looked directly into my eyes.

''Itsuki, I—''

''Wait, hold on, I'm not done yet! Do you have any idea how difficult it was for me to have this conversation? So let me finish it. Remember the night when Uesugi-kun was drugged, or the times at the shopping mall, festival, and after our fight? Every time, you were there, trying to save me. I know you've been hiding things from me just to make me happy. And do you remember our conversation last night? I asked you if the rumors about you were true, because deep down, I knew they weren't. You would never intentionally hurt anyone's feelings. You even helped me find my place in this family, even though you didn't have to. I was so fixated on trying to live up to my mother's ideals that I almost broke down. But my mother wouldn't want this...''

''These were the right things to do, please don't feel indebted to me Itsuki...''

''Perhaps for you, but not for me... These are precious memories that I'll keep forever.''

''I get it, I-I have to thank you too. You really helped me, they p-probably wouldn't have accepted me so much without you. Your sisters, I mean...''

''Even Nino accepts you now, you are...always welcome in this house.''

''I don't think you came here just to say that.'' I sighed as I tried to control the blush on my cheeks.

''Actually Asuka...''

I understand where this conversation is heading, and I know it's going to happen again, just like before. Haven't I brought up the topic of gambling before?

Same song, different partners.

''All the time we spent together...Asuka! There's something I need to tell you! I lo—''

''No.''

---

Author's Note:

Ha! Cliffhanger!

By the way, greetings from hospital! I got a little worse so they decided to make me stay at a hospital for a while. I wrote this part entirely from my phone. I can't feel my fingers! Stay sharp and have fun to you all!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.9K 2.9K 61
In this story you are Y/N a normal boy who is going to have a hell of a meeting. Immerse yourself in the history of Y/N and his 4 best friends (The m...
17.3K 665 14
Someone caught Bokuto's attention. He was friends with her, they were close but it's not close enough like Bokuto wants it. He has feelings for her. ...
1.7K 78 23
Following the events of the manga, Futaro and the Nakano sisters progress into the next stage of their life: adulthood. Who would have thought colleg...
341K 10.1K 69
Ichika Nakano's life changed when she met that boy As you can see in the title its a Ichika Nakano x Male Reader story. I pick Ichika because of some...