LOVE COUNTDOWN

By decelis_acvdemy

LOVE COUNTDOWN is a one-shot writing contest for Valentine's Day, showcasing elegant written pieces by Deceli... More

🍬
Do You Love Me? 🍬 anivinity
Lacuna 🍬 Suraeha_
if i could have you 🍬 shuawons
action! 🍬 hrts4ynjn
lactose intolerant 🍬 notahairnomore
love to suit you 🍬 flrt_tyun
now, close your eyes 🍬 rikiblues
Cry For A Lily 🍬 -saffronjo
1432 🍬 coffeesoobean
Teatime, baby? 🍬 ynhouzz
Night and Light 🍬 zznmedia
fixer-upper romance 🍬 nemisera
Picture Perfect 🍬 nctznn

so damn screwed! 🍬 Darcyfiles

62 4 11
By decelis_acvdemy

WRITTEN BY: Darcyfiles

SONG: Blue Orangeade (Tomorrow X Together)

우린        정반대인       거야
그래서    더 특별한     거야
It seems like               마치
blue orangeade        처럼

🍬

– HARUA (&TEAM) –

It was the first day of college, and many of us were already invited to the freshmen's party organized by the beloved seniors. Note the sarcasm.

As an introvert, I found it difficult to accept the invitation because I knew it would be an alcohol-filled event where the seniors would bully us if we didn't comply.

"I just have to stay away from everyone and blend in like a shadow", I murmured to myself one final time, as I walked into the vast hallway.

The party, as expected, was a crowded place. There were many, many people there. Is this where I admit I was already sick of it? My anxious thoughts and nervous nerves were getting the best of me. I felt so out of place.

At that same moment, I looked up and noticed a familiar face laughing heartily. Gradually, I was able to calm myself down because my lovely doubts had taken over my thoughts at that point.

"Harua? What's he doing here?". I was confused, and undeniably captivated. Oh well, my thoughts were bursted when his eyes met mine and I found myself having a moment with him.

Wait- Did I just say a moment with him? No, he was just staring at me confused, because I was creepily gawking at him.

I swiftly turned away and grabbed a cup of anything to give the impression that I wasn't just staring at him.

Harua was one of the heartthrobs and complete sweetheart of my high-school. Because of his fame, people would frequently leave letters or chocolates in his lockers. Oh and of course while being famous, he had to be the typical high scoring guy, and one of the top three of our school.

I felt envious of him since I was the complete opposite of him. He was incredibly talented in every area, including having friends and leading his basketball team. Dang, God does have favourites.

"Don't drink that"

My eyes widened as the cup from my hand was snatched, and was now in Harua's hands who stared at me, worried. "I am sorry you just seem like a person who wouldn't like to drink that so...", He muttered shyly, and kept the cup aside.

"Are we guessing about people's preferences now?", I confronted. I don't know where I gained the confidence to say that but let's go with the flow.

"Oh no no. You are misunderstanding me", He shook his head. "The thing is that's alcohol. I once saw you empty a glass someone offered."

I tried to say something again, but

Harua interrupted me.

"I am sorry. I don't want to look like a creep. It's just...", He added, and kept his hand on the nape of his neck. "It's just you were the only girl here I know so I wanted to be friends."

If creeps were that handsome, I wouldn't mind it. Wait a second, did he just say he knows me? "You know me?", I gasped, suprised. "That's so unexpected of you."

"No, I mean...Yes-"

"Hey Harua and his girl, come over here!"

One of the seniors called for us, and before I could back away, someone from behind grabbed both of our shoulders and pushed us towards him.

"Ah, Harua. You didn't tell us you have a girlfriend", Jaesun raised his brows, and gazed at me from head to toe making me a bit uncomfortable. "Play a game with us."

Great, being a shadow didn't work out at all.

"Actually, she-"

"Did I give you options?", Jaesun glared at him, and made us sit in one of the corners of the sitting arrangement together. We were all sitting in a round circle.

I was familiar with this game, the one person the head of the bottle is pointed at, is given dare.

"Next time I meet you, I will kill you. You better watch your back", I glared at Harua, who shook his head, and smiled nervously.

"It wasn't me. It was those seniors who did this to us. Do you think I want to play this game too?", He frowned, and pouted looking at the bottle which started to spin. Cute.

The bottle kept on spinning and spinning, and it was going to point towards the girl beside me but unexpectedly Jaesun cheated and moved it a little bit, which made it point towards me.

"Hey, that's cheating", Harua grumbled from my side, but he was stopped by my grisp on his hand. "One word and we both would be victims of something we don't want to be", I whispered under my breath, audible for only both of us.

Jaesun laughed loudly, before pointing towards me. "Oh seems like you are the lucky girl today. Hmm...", He rubbed his chin, before smirking. "I dare you to sleep with me."

Loud gasps erupt from every corner of the room.

"Or finish this whole bottle in front of us."

Okay, I was given two choices, both of which are lethal.

What am I supposed to do? Obviously, I'm drinking up that whole bottle, but there's a chance it's drugged. I'm so screwed.

I took a breath, and was going to drink up the bottle in one breath when once again the same incident from few minutes ago took place.

"Do you have a habit of snatching things?", I huffed, and stared at Harua who was grabbing the bottle tightly.

He ignored my words, and smiled at Jaesun. "Sunbae, since it's obviously brave enough of you to ask my girlfriend to sleep with you, I can finish this on behalf of her, right?"

Girlfriend!?

Jaesun gritted his teeth, but maintained his cool. "Yeah but that bottle should be completely finished."

"Of course Sunbae", Harua smiled. Something about his smile told me he had planned something under his sleeves or maybe I was plainly hallucinating.

Harua threw the cork of the bottle, and got up. He smiled at Jaesun, and emptied the whole bottle...in the dustbin.

"Wait, that's so genius", the girl beside me muttered and giggled. "Your boyfriend is not only handsome but smart too", She smiled at me.

I gulped nervously, glancing at Jaesun whose smirk immediately faltered. "No! That's not how it is supposed to be", Jaesun growled. "You cheated!".

"Jaesun, you only told to finish the bottle and I did. I was just smart enough to find the loophole between your words", Harua shrugged and tilted his head, winking at me, before swiftly glaring back at Jaesun. "Next time, you try to gaze at my girlfriend, I won't be so lenient. Remember that."

Then he walked towards me and grabbed my hand, dragging me out of the party. We walked out of there as I silently stared at the road ahead.

"We are gonna die tomorrow", He muttered.

"Definitely", I replied.

We both gazed at each other, and bursted out laughing.

"Oh my god, did you see his face?"

"He was pissed off so bad!"

Well, even though we do have differences, I guess we had similar opinions about Jaesun, which reminds me.

"Oh wait! Why did you call me your girlfriend?"

Seems like I wasn't going to get my answers easily, because he was already running away. "Yah! Harua! Answer me before I snap your neck for real!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 328 20
"i love you" - yugyeom "oh thank you, i love myself " - jinyoung English is not my first language forgive me about wrong grammar and spelling mista...
24.7K 709 37
Love isn't a fairytale that comes out easy. "Love is overcoming obstacles, facing challenges, fighting to be together, holding on & never letting go...
202K 10.2K 59
μ–΄λ‘μš΄ 둜맨슀 β”‚ _ 𝑻𝒉𝒆 π’“π’†π’—π’†π’π’ˆπ’† 𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 π’“π’–π’Šπ’π’†π’… π’•π’‰π’†π’Šπ’“ π’π’Šπ’‡π’†_ : 𝑯𝒆 π’˜π’‚π’π’•π’†π’… π’“π’†π’—π’†π’π’ˆπ’†,𝒉𝒆 π’“π’–π’Šπ’π’†π’… οΏ½...
178K 12.4K 34
{Completed} Where a fanboy sends One Letter, Four Messages, Three Gifts to his idol every month. Seeing the same amount every month the fanboy gets n...