The Lycan's Mark

By Kayy_B

Leanne (Leah) Rose Ashford loves life. She's young, free and has everything she has ever wanted. What could p... More

The Lycan's Mark **(Coming Soon)**
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Update: Please read
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three

Chapter Thirty Eight

4.5K 202 15
By Kayy_B

Chapter Thirty-Eight

I felt my heart stop as my eyes zoomed in on the weapon in front of me. A gun. The man was holding a gun.

The world around me stopped and all I could think about was the gun in front of me. My surroundings were a blur and the only thing on focus was the gun, not the man holding the weapon but the weapon itself.

Weapon focus. That's what this was, the concentration on a weapon by a witness of a crime and the subsequent inability to accurately remember other details of the crime.

With much difficulty I tried to pull my focus away from the weapon being held in front of my face and pay attention to what was actually happening and my environment.

Was it fake? Was it real? I had never seen a gun before so I had no idea what to look for.

"What do you want?" My voice came out hoarse and croaky.

Don't panic Leah, don't panic. Think!

"You're going to be a good little girl and come with us quietly." The man with the gun told me, his hold unwavering.

Yeah, like I was going to be dumb enough to do that!

"What do you want?" I repeated, my eyes darting around to find something, anything, to help me get out of this situation.

"Move." The man took a step closer causing me to automatically take a step back.

I had briefly forgotten about the other man behind me who was now straightening up. It was daytime and though there wasn't many people nearby that didn't mean no one was around. Someone could see me or hear me and come to help me.

It was a risk angering them but what choice do I have?

Taking in a deep breath, I let out an ear-splitting scream.

"Shit!"

"Shut her up!"

Both men pounced on me and I ran, I ran as fast as I could eager to get to somewhere with people around. Surely they wouldn't do anything with other people around?

Shoving my phone back in my pocket, I looked back to see them gaining on me. I couldn't use my phone to call the police or Vladamir, it would slow me down and I was already slow as it is.

I barely got far before hands roughly grabbed my body forcing me to stop. I was getting ready to scream again when a hand clamped over my mouth.

"Try that again and I'll blow you're fucking head off!" One of the men snarled into my ear as something hard dug into my stomach.

Resisting the urge to tell the dumb arse that he was pointing at my stomach not my head, I tried to wiggle out of their hold but it seemed impossible.

"If you scream again and someone come and tries to help you, I'll kill them. That will be your fault, their life will end because of you."

I nodded as I swallowed harshly. As much as I wanted someone to have heard my scream and come and help me I didn't want anything to happen to them.

"Do as we say and no one gets hurt. Understood?"

A hand was still clamped over my mouth so I could only nod that I understood. The man removed his hand from my mouth but still kept the gun at my side.

"Move." The man pushed the gun into my side causing me to wince.

I did as he asked and walked alongside him. My body was panicking, going into overdrive and I was trying my best to keep calm and think of a way out of this. I had my phone on me, they had yet to take that and I had to make sure that remained hidden. It was my only chance to get out of here.

"What do you want from me?" I asked again desperate for information. I could pass that on to Vladamir when I got away from them.

"Shut up." Was the response I got.

"Where are we going?" I questioned as I stared into both men's faces, eager to memorize what they looked like so I could identify them later.

"Shut up."

"Is that all you can say, 'shut up'?"

The man without the gun stopped abruptly and grabbed my arm. "Listen here you stupid bitch if you-"

"Jake." The man with the gun said. "Calm down."

Tugging my arm out of Jake's grasp I turned to look at the other man. "So he's Jake. What's your name?"

Instead of answering the man threw me a menacing look and I found myself shrinking away from him. Swallowing the fear that was threatening to swallow me completely, I tried asking more questions. They needed me alive, that much was clear or else they would have killed me so I didn't need to worry about that. For now.

That might change once they've taken me where they needed to but it wouldn't come to that, I wasn't going to willingly walk into my death.

"You're obviously not human or else why would you target me." I said to no one in particular. "It's because of Vladamir, isn't it?"

"Move." The man gave me a not so gentle push.

"Have you met Vladamir? The first time I met him he yanked out someone's heart in front of me because the man was trying to kidnap me." That was half the truth, he had done that but he hadn't done it because of me, he did it so nothing happened to Nina or her unborn baby. I doubt he would have cared if anything happened to me.

"Like he literally yanked it out from his body so quickly and effortlessly." I deliberately slowed my pace down so it would take us longer to reach their destination.

My words seemed to have an effect on the men who exchanged horrified glances. The men didn't say anything so I continued. "He is a Lycan after all, they're unstoppable. Werewolves and Shifters are strong but they're no match for a Lycan."

"We'll see how strong he is when he finds his beloved mate dead." Jake sneered out.

"Beloved?" I burst out laughing causing both the men to come to a halt. "Trust me you couldn't be more wrong."

If they wanted to hurt Vladamir they should have gone for Tahlia, he would be more broken up with her loss than mine. The thought suddenly sent a wave of sadness through my body and that strange tugging in my heart as if the thought of Vladamir not caring physically pained me.

I also felt... jealous.

Stupid mate bond.

The men didn't respond and we started walking again. Panic began to slowly build up in me as the realisation of what was to come hit me. I had no way out and I couldn't think of anything to do or say to get myself out of this situation.

I could scream for help, run or tell someone what was going on but I didn't want to get shot and I didn't want someone else's life to end because of me. I know I was selfish but I wasn't that selfish. I wouldn't be to live with myself if that happened.

After a couple of minutes the men turned into an alleyway where a dark car was parked in. "Get in." The man with the gun said as the other man, Jake, went around the car.

"No." My voice was loud and clear.

"Get in the car or I'll blow your fucking head off." He lifted the gun up causing me to automatically take a step back.

Be strong Leah.

"No." I repeated however this time my voice wasn't as stable. I had to do something now, this was my only chance. "I'm not getting in the car."

The man let out a curse as he lowered the gun. "You stupid little girl." The man lunged for me and just as he was about to touch me, I felt a rapid surge of energy fill my body and I acted without thinking.

I pushed him, hard and though I was anticipating he would stumble a little or lose his balance I didn't expect him to go flying back and fall onto the street, his gun slipping out of his hand. Shock enveloped me as I stared at the groaning man who was struggling to get up.

I was quickly pulled out of shock when someone grabbed my hair from behind and yanked my body back. My head felt as though it was on fire and I instinctively jabbed my elbow back and made contact with Jake who let out a groan.

"Stupid bitch!"

Spinning around quickly I took advantage of the situation and punched him as hard as I could with as much strength as I could. Jake went down like a sack of potatoes and his head hit the ground making a loud, sickening 'crack' noise.

He must have passed out as he didn't move or make any noises so I turned my attention to the other man who was now standing up with his mouth ajar. His eyes flickered from me to Jake who was lying unconscious on the ground.

Before I could threaten the man with violence, he pounced for his gun, fumbling slightly causing it to slip from his hands a couple of times. "I-if you come any closer, I'll shoot you."

Confusion filled my body as I watched the man take trembling steps away from me, his behaviour and action completely opposite of before where he was confident and menacing. With his eyes trained on me, he took more steps away from me before going into a full sprint and disappearing from view.

"What the hell?" I mumbled unsure of what had just happened. I turned towards Jake who was still on the ground. "Some friend you have, he just abandoned you."

The adrenaline in my body was wearing off and I leaned against the car taking in deep breath to calm myself down. I had to leave ASAP, Jake could wake up any minute and I didn't want to be here when he did.

I didn't want any incident like this to happen again so I would have to call someone to pick me up. Vladamir was the last person I wanted to see or talk to so he wasn't an option. Maybe I could call Nina or Gabriel and he could pick me up and I could stay at theirs for a little bit?

Letting out a sigh I pulled my phone out from my pocket and unlocked it while keeping an eye on the man, the last thing I wanted was him to wake up and suddenly attack me. How long would it be before he wakes up? How long can people stay unconscious for?

Taking a step closer to him I leaned over to see if there were any signs of him waking up from his nap but was completely still. Too still.

My heart began to pound faster and I bent down to get a closer look. The feeling of dread began to creep into my body. My eyes were scanning his body for any sign of movement when I saw it.

Blood.

Blood was seeping out of his head, the concrete underneath him was dark as if someone had spilt some water on it.

"Oh my God." I whispered stumbling away from the man. "Oh my God."

He was dead.

@=#~=~#=@

A/N: Hey guys, I'm back and recovering well. Thank you very much for all the sweet and supportive messages! 

I hope you guys liked this chapter 

I remember everyone being very confused about reactions to guns in The Wolf Baby so I thought I would include a little note here about it. I know guns may be common in some countries but here in England it's not, I've never seen a gun, most people haven't and even police don't usually have gun either- depends on the situation they're responding to but if you saw a police officer walking around usually they will not have a gun on then, just a taser. 

Anyways let me know what you thought of this chapter and what you think is going to happen next

I will upload again either tomorrow or the day after but you can read ahead on www.patreon.com/kayy_b

Thank you for reading :)

-Kayy xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.4K 1.4K 24
***COMPLETE*** THIS IS THE FIRST BOOK I EVER WROTE SO ITS RUBISH I SUGGEST READING MY MORE RECENT BOOKS THEN READ THIS ONE TO SEE HOW I HAVE IMPROVED...
26.9M 314K 20
**THIS IS A SAMPLE, PLEASE DO NOT READ IT IF YOU ARE GOING TO GET TRIGGERED BY THE FACT THAT IT IS A SAMPLE. THE FULL BOOK IS AVAILABLE ON MY PATREON...
92.1K 4K 54
Ayn is a witch with healing powers. Shapeshifters have killed her parents and the only animals she cannot speak with are wolves. When she graduates...
2.8K 300 26
Heading out on their annual trip, Khalia Schaffer cared about only three things this summer: Friends, weed, and a damn good time. Meeting and linking...