STANDARD 100: THE MAFIA HEIR...

By FRSTella

Being heartbroken for the fifth time, Rain decides to stay single and focus on his career. After moving back... More

SUMMARY
1: NINETY-NINE PERCENT
2: SIXTH
4: THE FAMILY
5: EX
6: LAST NIGHT
7: KISS
8: BED (+18)
9: SPECIAL CHAPTER 1
10: INCORRECT S100 (1)
11: SMILEY
12: TWELVE
13: INCORRECT S100 (2)
14: MAFIA
15: CALL
16: SLIP OF TONGUE
17: SNAP
18: INCORRECT S100 (3)
19: THROWBACK
20: VENICE
21: CIPHER
22: STANDARD 100
INCORRECT S100 (4)
NEXT CHAPTER

3: IF

4.1K 182 17
By FRSTella

RAIN

I walked-ran to the kitchen area to grab a cup of coffee. I don't know if it's my imagination or did Phayu really look my way and smile. No, it wasn't a smile. I'm sure it was a smirk.

Why the hell would he smirk at me? Was it because I was looking at him? I know he looks fine in pink but that doesn't mean he has to act cocky and all.

"What the hell?" I heard Dion cuss as I got in.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I walked near him.

"I asked Phayu to make me coffee and—taste it to know what I mean." Dion said with a hint of frustration before handing me the cup of coffee in his hand.

I know going against Dion would only drag the issue farther so I decided to just take the mug and have a sip. Taking my time, Dion stared at me as if waiting for my response.

"It's fine." I said as his jaw literally dropped open.

"What!?" Dion then exclaimed making me roll my eyes, too dramatic as usual.

"Is something wrong?" I heard Phayu's voice making me look at the door and he really is on his way towards us.

"You rascal, come here. You put too much sugar in my coffee." Dion ranted pointing at the mug I was holding.

I flinched in surprise when Phayu suddenly placed his hand over my hand that held the mug before pulling it towards him and taking a sip.

"It's fine though." Phayu said, his hand still over mine.

"What the hell is wrong with you two!?" Dion exclaimed making me snicker.

"I'll have it if you don't want it. You make your own coffee." I said and I could see Phayu turn to me.

"B-but you don't have to, Sir Rain. It might be too sweet for you." Phayu said as I looked at him with a smile.

"It's fine, really. Because I like sweet stuff."

Oddly enough, the coffee really tasted fine for me. I always liked eating sweets and chocolates so it doesn't really bother me. Also, I don't want it to go to waste, Phayu did make it.

"Well that's something too sweet even I can't handle." Dion suddenly said making me look at him and notice his eyes were on our hands.

Almost in sync, Phayu let go of my hand and I turned to look away. I didn't realize he was still holding my hand, this is so embarrassing.

"U-uhm, I have to go finish filing." Phayu reasoned before leaving the kitchen area, leaving Diona and I.

I let out a sigh after Phayu left, I can't believe that guy is making me anxious. Thinking about it, Phayu, again, crosses one more on the list. Having a sweet tooth, I added liking sweets on the list of my standard. If this goes on and Phayu ends up having everything on the list, I'm afraid my interest on him might grow.

"Hey. Do you like Phayu?" Dion's sudden question almost made me drop my coffee.

"What the—where on earth did that come from?" I asked while placing the mug on the high table in front of me.

"Well, I mean you never liked it when people do things for you. Even I had a hard time just to be this close. Yet, you accepted his sweet coffee." Dion pointed out making me look at him.

"Correction, you forced yourself into my privacy." I corrected him as he snorted before rolling his eyes as if mocking me.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. So, do you like him?" Dion asked once again making me pause and think.

Do I like Phayu? He didn't actually make a great impression the first time I saw him. To me, he was just another good looking guy that everybody seemed to like so much. Then again, it wasn't to the point of seeing him as an ideal partner.

Who am I kidding? Even if I do like him, it's not like he'll like me back. I know he's just acting nice since I'm his superior and nothing more.

"Why are you even asking? It's not like my answer would change anything." I answered before taking another sip of coffee.

"What do you mean?" I heard Dion ask, tilting his head before facing me.

"I mean look at me." I said as Dion looked at me from head to toe.

"Cute." Dion suddenly making me slap his arm.

"That's not what I mean, you rascal. My point is, whether I like him or not, it won't matter if he doesn't feel anything for me in the first place."

I'm a guy for goodness' sake and I'm not even sure if Phayu will even like me back. Thinking that he likes me just because of those small and trivial gestures would only make me delusional.

"So if he likes you...?" Dion asks with a sly grin as if teasing me.

"Ha-ha, dream on." I answered making him chuckle.

"But he's been eyeing on you since you came back."

"What?" I asked in confusion.

"Ugh, you're freaking slow. If, just if, Phayu does like you, will you date him?"

I was lost in words at Dion's question. I promised myself to stop dating people who are off my standards even by 1% and I'm afraid that Phayu might actually fill it up to a hundred percent. I fear that I might actually like him but I never thought of the possibility of him liking me back.

If he likes me back, will I really date him?

"We both know it hasn't been long since you broke up. I'm not saying that you shouldn't open up to other people but... healing a heartbreak with another never has a happy ending." Dion added making me go silent.

He's right. It's only been weeks since my last heartbreak and now I'm beginning to get interested with another person. I don't want to use Phayu, nor anyone else, as a rebound.

"Hey, what's with the vibe? Being serious doesn't suit you." I joked to break the silence between us before letting out a chuckle.

..

Somehow, Dion had a point and I decided to avoid Phayu as much as I can. I won't let him prove himself more worthy than he is now.

It's been a week since I began avoiding Phayu. I asked Dion to take over their training and he was more than happy to oblige since I just saved him from the exhausting accounting works which is now handled by the senior bookkeeper and me, I'd rather go through this than be with Phayu.

Also, I make sure to take breaks when the newbies are busy so that I won't have to meet him. Since all they had to do is filing and some documentation works, I have no reason to be close to him. That is what I thought.

"Rain, this is Phayu and he will be our new teller, teller 1. Hope you get along with him, hm?" Jared, the supervisor, said with a smile as the man I've been avoiding stood in front of me.

..

"So you click here and then type in the account number. Make sure the account name and number as the same. If not, call the client's attention because he might've made a mistake, got it?" I asked and Phayu nodded as he sat on the chair beside me.

It's been three days since I started training Phayu and I can't believe the odds of him being promoted as teller 1. In fact, I even checked his evaluation and it's clear that he was different from the other new ones. He had the most efficiency and also had the highest rank in the employment exam, obviously making him having the highest chance of promotion. I just didn't expect him to be working under me. I mean he could've been a training bookkeeper assistant or accounting assistant.

"Am I doing it right?" Phayu's voice brought me back to the present as I checked the entry he made.

Come to think of it, Phayu is a fast learner at I can't deny that he's showing exceptional talent in this field. I'm starting to think why he resigned from his previous job. Saint National Bank was my first choice because of the salary offer and good reviews but Air Bank called me a day before SNB sent me an email so I ended up working at AB instead.

'Ugh, stop it. You're getting curious again.' I told myself as I tried to stop myself from my growing curiosity.

"Great, I think you can handle it on your own." I smiled as I checked Phayu's report.

"Huh?" he suddenly asked with my compliment.

"What? You're a fast leaner but you have to experience being a teller first hand." I smiled and I could see how he looked away.

"Phayu? Is something wrong?" I asked since he doesn't seem too happy about the news.

"W-well, I think I still need your help. I think I might mess up without you." He said as he looked at me with those round puppy eyes, my goodness why is he acting like this?

"Hey, stop that. I'll still assist you atleast until you get used to it, okay?" I assured him as his face lit up.

"Really? That's great." He said with a smile and I fought the urge to pinch his cheek, it's illegal to be this cute.

..

I laid on my bed as I looked at the piece of paper in my hand, the list of my ideal partner.

"Eight over ten." I mumbled as I looked at the eight one on the list, makes me laugh.

I can't believe that Phayu's lousiest jokes would actually crack me up. It was a cheesy knock-knock joke and I ended up cackling away.

'Knock knock...' he started as we were waiting for Alliyah and the bookkeeper to balance the accounts.

'Who's there?' the curious and bored me asked.

'Wendy.' He said.

'Wendy who?' I asked.

'Wendy you think can we go home?'

'Ah one more, Do-ya.'

'D-do-ya who?' I asked trying to muffle my laughter.

'Do-ya want some coffee?' he said cutely with a smile showing off his ever adorable smile.

I hardly held it in and began laughing while hiding on his back to avoid being noticed by the accounting staff. Thinking about it now, was the joke really that funny or was it the person that made the joke? Whatever the reason in, it means that Phayu is getting close to perfecting the list.

Looking at the ninth and tenth on the list, it's not impossible that he'll be able to cross these ones out too which is making me anxious.

"Hey, what's up?" Sky asked as soon as he picked up my call.

"Hey, nothing. I just... missed you." I said and I could immediately imagine Sky rolling his eyes in disbelief.

"Whatever. What's going on this time?" he asked on the other line making me sigh, he really knows me best.

"Well... remember when we had a drink last time and you told me to stop dating guys who doesn't even meet my standards?" I started.

"And?" he asks as I took a deep breath.

"What did you mean back then?" I asked.

"We both know how you always disregarded your so-called standard and how you would always settle to ninety-nine percent so... to stop the heartbreak cycle, I think you really have to date someone that'll meet your standards." He explained making me think.

"Do you really think that I'll be able to find someone who fits my standards to a hundred?" I asked as he went silent for a while.

"I mean, if your standards are realistic, I'm sure you'll find one soon." He answered.

"And if I find him?"

"Date him, duh?" a straightforward answer, what was I expecting.

"Wait, don't tell me—"

"Ah! I have to go! I need to clean and—bye!" I reasoned before ending the call, that was close.

I'm not even sure if Phayu would actually complete the list and it's not the time to tell Sky everything, not yet.

..

A few more days passed and Phayu's been acting quite strange. I thought he would get the hang of his new job easily but I was wrong. From wrong entries to unbalanced reports, he's been making it hard for the two of us. Because he's under my supervision, I am to take full responsibility of his mistakes and have to report every single error. If this continues, it won't be good on his record and on my supervisory evaluation.

"No, not that one. I already taught you this." I reminded Phayu as I held his hand that had the mouse before guiding the cursor.

"Oh right, I remember." Phayu said as I let out a sigh before moving away, standing behind him.

"How the hell am I going to leave you on your own?" I mumbled.

"It's tomorrow right, your father's birthday?" Alliyah asked as I nodded.

"It's your father's birthday, Sir Rain?" Phayu asked as he turned his head to my direction.

I then held his head and made him face the monitor.

"Focus." I said while placing my hands on his shoulders.

"I won't be here tomorrow so make sure you won't make it hard for Alliyah, got it?" I commanded and I smiled when he nodded like an adorable puppy.

My goodness. I have to stop describing Phayu like this or else I might end up actually patting his head when he does a good job.

..

Weekend came by fast and I woke up late at our family house where my father currently lives with my younger siblings. I didn't plan to sleep in but the wine my aunt brought really hit me hard and I barely remember anything after my fifth glass.

I got up and smiled as I saw my room still looking how it looked before, making me feel nostalgic. Listening to the noise outside made me remember my childhood with my siblings, how great would it be to re-live those innocent moments.

"Uhm..." I tilted my head as I heard a sound before placing my hand on my tummy, am I hungry?

"Ugh, five more minutes." I heard someone moan before a hand suddenly grabbed my waist and pulled me back, making me lay on the bed.

What's going on? What, I mean who the hell is this!?

Swallowing hard, I slowly turned to the man who held onto my waist and, if I'm not mistaken, slept on the same bed as me.

"Oh... my..." This can't be right. This can't be!

What the fuck is Phayu doing here!?

..

So sorry for the slow update. This might be the only update for this week because my schedule's been hectic lately. Again, so sorry for this and hope to see you next week~

..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.4K 2.6K 31
Story will be based on "Enemies to lovers" Rain and Payu both are spoilt rich brats They both flirts with every one And so many instances makes Rai...
102K 3.9K 24
Kim Taehyung, a young and pretty man, accidentally damages, a wealthy Jeon Jungkook's car. To compensate, Tae offers to work with him but ends up d...
54.7K 1.7K 18
CEO of the company and very handsome get married to a boy who is from a small town and very innocent Let's see how the love blooms and how beautiful...
123K 5K 35
Alpha Omega version of Payu Rain.... Pure arrange marriage Payu and Rain marries because Payu's grandfather was very old and Payu was only grandchil...