Bad Decisions || 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄...

By l3e-360

[COMPLETED] ✅ "We are free to choose our paths, but we can't choose the consequences that come with them."... More

ᴄᴀsᴛ
introduction
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty-seven
chapter twenty-eight
chapter twenty-nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty-one
chapter thirty-two
chapter thirty-three
chapter thirty-four
chapter thirty-five
Coming soon...
chapter thirty-six
chapter thirty-seven
chapter thirty-eight
chapter thirty-nine
chapter forty
chapter forty-one
chapter forty-three
chapter forty-four
chapter forty-five
Sequel

chapter forty-two

731 64 6
By l3e-360

Crystal

"Thank you for coming you guys." I say hugging my mom and dad.

"Of course baby." My mom said hugging me back.

Two weeks have past and Devale is back in Atlanta for Maya's christening. We were supposed to have it last week but we wanted to make sure that she was completely healthy and well. Everyone was in the same page so we moved it back.

Not only have I missed Devale like crazy, I've also had deep conversations with myself and God. Mostly God though. He's been telling me to speak my truth and be true to myself. If Devale and Khadeen are separating and really getting a divorce, I am open to trying a relationship with him. As far as my sexuality goes, I like women but I love Devale right now. I don't think I'd get with another man if we don't work out. I think with Devale it's our connection and it's more of an infatuation.

"Where's Devale?" My dad asked me.

"He's on the way, the boys are coming with so, he's probably trying to get them ready-"

"Oh he's bringing the kids?" My mom asked.

"I really wanted him to." I say nodding my head.

That was the truth. I called him and we talked about it. He was hesitant because he didn't know how Khadeen would feel. Once he got the okay from Khadeen, he brought them out down here. I'm happy because it feels like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. I want all of us to be a family whether or not Devale and I get together, that's it. I just want peace at the end of the day.

"Well as long as your happy, I'm happy." My mama said rubbing my shoulder.

"Thank you." I whisper. "I am happy-"

"Crystal she's crying!" I hear from the hallway of the church.

I turned my head and saw Lia walking into the sanctuary. She was holding Lia with a slight frown on her face. She wasn't crying, she was barely whining. I couldn't help but to laugh at how stressed Lia looked. She looked like she was ready to give up her job as being one of Maya's many god moms.

"Oh give her to me." I say grabbing Maya out her arms. "Hello Maya, are you sad?" I ask rocking her back and forth.

"That's good, take her." Lia said shaking my head. "I can't do it. Where's her dad?" She asked.

"Right here!" Devale's voice said walking into the church.

"Hi guys." I say waving to the boys. "No Kota?" I ask seeing all of the kids except for the youngest.

"He's with our mom." Jackson said. "Hi." He said waving awkwardly.

"Hi, how are you?" I ask him.

"I'm good." He said nodding. "Can I told her? I washed my hands." Jackson said smiling.

I laughed softly and handed Maya over to her big brother.

"Here you go." I say quietly.

"Is everyone ready?" Devale asked walking over to me.

"Yeah I'm just waiting for Skyh and KJ." I say turning to him.

We both looked at one another and tried to make contact. I broke it by laughing a little bit. Devale moved closer to me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"What's so funny?" He asked chuckling.

"Nothing. I'm just laughing." I say shaking my head.

"You looking good." Devale said in my ear.

I clear my throat before responding. "Thank you." I whisper.

He turned his head and kind of stepped in front of me.

"Can we go talk in the back before we start?" He asked me.

I nod slowly, "Yeah sure." I said. "Mom can you watch Maya? We'll be back." I announce to the small group of people.

As Devale and I walked to the back I started to get nervous. We haven't really seriously talked about everything that was mentioned before he left back to New York. It was a situation where we literally just had sex and then he left. The sex was passionate and romantic, but we still haven't clarified anything. The only thing we've agreed on is that we love each other. That's good and all but what's next?

"What's up? What do you want to talk about?" I ask sitting down on one of the seats in the hallway.

Devale sighed and sat down next to me. "I really just want to tell you a few things before we start this beautiful evening." He said. "I just wanna know what we're doing?" He asked me.

"I mean whatever you're ready for, I'll follow your lead. I'm putting the ball in your court." I quickly respond to him.

"I was gonna tell you the same thing." He said smiling.

"So what does this mean?" I ask confusingly.

Devale shrugged, "I'll be a single man in a few months so when you ready to get this party started, I'll be here." He said winking at me.

I laughed his comment off and shook my head. "You are so stupid." I say standing up. "Let's go."

"We finna start without them." Devale said referring to KJ and Skyh.

"I told them to leave an hour ago." I say grabbing ahold of Devale's hand.

He kissed the backside of my hand while looking me in the eyes. I felt myself melt.

"I love you." He said to me.

"I love you too." I whisper to him.

He stopped walked and stepped in front of me. He grabbed my face, putting his hand under my chin like he always does and starts kissing me. It wasn't a holy church kiss either. I think he even grabbed my ass at one point. Whatever kind of kiss it was, it felt really good.

Devale

"Okay this the last picture cause I'm hungry." Crystal said grabbing my phone.

The service wasn't even that long but it feels like we've been taking pictures for an hour. I am happy how everything is going with Crystal and I. Seeing her interact with the boys and seeing the boys interact with their new sister, it shows me that beyond the drama there is hope for us in building our own family.

"Hey Devale can I talk to you?" Crystal's mom asked touching me in my shoulder.

I nervously smile and nod. "Yeah sure." I say as she walks towards the exit. "Am I in trouble?" I joke.

"No." She simply responded. "I just want to ask you about Crystal and you guys' relationship." She said.

I breathe softly and close the door behind me.

"Okay." I whisper. "We're not together-"

"Yet." She cut me off. "How do you I know that I can trust you with my daughter's heart?" She asked anxiously.

"I-I don't know." I say shaking my head. "I know I haven't been the most honest man in and I've broken Crystal's heart more than I sure have. But I love her and I'm in love with her. She makes me feel like I'm able to redeem myself and prove that I can be a good person." I confess to Crystal's mom.

"It's not about being a good person at this point, it's about being a good man and a good lover to my daughter." She says.

"Okay." Was all I could say.

I feel like anything else was a waste of time. She's right. I have to be a good person to the only woman who seems to love me unconditionally.

"And if you're not going to marry her don't waste her time." She said before the door opened.

"We're ready to go." Crystal said looking confused. "What are y'all talking about?" She asked.

"Nothing." Her mom responded.

"Where are we going to eat?" Kaz asked running up to me.

I shrug my shoulders. "I don't know. Where do you guys wanna go eat?" I ask them.

"I want chicken. Fried chicken." Crystal said handing Maya over to me.

"Girl you can cook that at the house?" Lia said out of nowhere.

"I'm not cooking." Crystal objected.

"All for going back to Crystal house and making her cook say I!" Lia yelled at everyone.

"I!" Mostly everyone said.

"Wow." Crystal said playing with her earring. "I'm not cooking."

"Mama will help you, right?" Kayla asked Crystal mom.

"I never said that," she said.

"Chicken and mashed potatoes and Mac and cheese," I whisper in Crystal's ear. "I'll make you a good bubble bath."

"And you'll rub my feet?" She asked softly.

"And I'll rub your feet." I agree. "And I'll rub something else if you want me to," I say wiggling my eyebrows.

"Fine. I'll cook but I'm not going to the store too." She said as we walked out the church.

"We'll go to the store," Kayla said pointing to Kj and Lia. "You just cook please." she begged.

"Alright let's go." Crystal said. "I'll see you at the house." She said as we got to the parking lot.

"Okay."

When we got back Crystal's house, everyone was th re. It was a small group. I knew it would be. Crystal doesn't have a lot of people in her circle. It's gotten a lot smaller since our situation happened and since she's had Maya.

"Make sure you guys take your shoes off." I instruct the boys.

They took their shoes off at the door and ran off to where the nearest TV was. I was just happy to see them not complaining about being here and not with their mom. Especially the younger two. It was hard to explain to Kaz and Kairo what was happening in a kid appropriate manner. A part of me just wanted to give them the real deal but I know Khadeen wouldn't like that.

"Where's Crystal?" I ask Kj.

"She's upstairs changing Maya." She said.

I nod my head and go upstairs. Crystal was in Maya's nursery rocking her to sleep.

"Is she so-"

"Shhh." Crystal hushed loudly before I couldn't finish my question. "I hope she sleeps all night." She says shaking her head.

"When are you cooking?" I ask crossing my arms.

"I'm not. My mom is." She said. "She said I'm so tired I might burn the chicken." She laughed.

"Okay." I say smiling. "That's true." I watch her lay Maya in her crib and she takes slow deep breath.

"Come on let's go talk." I say grabbing her hand.

She followed me out the nursery and we went into the bedroom.

"What do you want to talk about?" She asked me. "Is this about whatever my mom told you at the church?" She asked.

"She didn't say anything." I partially lie.

"Don't lie to me." She said to me.

"I'm not." I whisper. "But I want to tell you that my final should be final next week," I tell Crystal.

A small smile formed on her face.

"Well good for you!" She said happily.

"What does that mean for us?" I ask her.

"I don't know. What does that mean?" She asks me.

I smirk and grab her hands. "How do you feel about being mines?" I ask a little nervously. "Like really being mines?" I ask.

"What does that mean?" Crystal asked playing the clueless game again.

I smile and let go of her hands. "Marry me." I whisper. "Be mines-"

"Devale you just got out of a marriage that didn't work. I don't want to ruin you." She says shaking her head.

"It's me who should be worried about ruining somebody." I chuckle. "I should've called things off the first time I realized that I was in love with you. Instead I dragged you and Khadeen along, I messed with your hearts and that's not okay." I said shaking my head.

"Mhm it was but I forgive and I keep telling you that." Crystal said. "As much as you have done me wrong, I can't stop loving you. I haven't stopped loving you. It's scary but it's true." She whole heartedly confessed.

"You love me enough to marry me?" I ask biting my lip.

Crystal chuckled. "Not right now. I don't want to put that on you." She said making me slightly sad. "Next year?" She suggested.

"That works." I say smiling.

"That gives us time to make sure this is what we really want." She said.

"I know this is what I want. What about you?" I ask squinting.

Crystal sighed and looked around the room. "I don't know what I want. But I know I love you." She said. "And that'll never change."

"I'm okay with that." I whisper.

"Now let's use the little bit of time we have before the way realize we're gone." Crystal said pulling me closer to her by the bottom of my shirt.

I bite down on my lip and fall on top her as we both collapse on the bed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 498 9
A Zatima story! A growing love that will change their lives forever.
12K 776 15
Can they make work?
22.1K 1.4K 20
welcome valued customer, happy reading!
27.4K 1.5K 19
Finding love when you least expect it.