Love Blossoms in Strange Cond...

By Milky_boyy

(Cover Art By Me) A lone wolf is all alone in the cookie kingdom while a little gardener tends to the flowers... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11

Chapter 10

50 4 0
By Milky_boyy

The fallen leaves were crushed beneath their feet with snow decorating the piles along the tree line. Snowflakes fluttered around them, the wind brushing against Herb's hair, creating a small whistle as the air moved across the surface. He happily trotted as he hummed a little tune to himself, like the wind and Herb were performing a duet. Werewolf, on the other hand, followed behind the energetic cookie as they ventured forth into an ever-growing forest. Upon entering, Herb pushed aside some of the last bits of flora to create a path into the forest, Werewolf still tagging himself along the newly constructed path.

It was early in the morning as they walked, taking in the view of the sun seeping in through the dead branches of the trees and the snow that only covered the uppermost part of the branches, leaving a contrast of white snow and dark oak. Curiously, Herb held his arm out and let his hand feel the bark as he passed by, the rough texture running through his fingers as he went by every tree. Soon, Herb explored other features of the forest, going about the place and even lowering down to his knees to take a peek at a few flowers that had still been alive.

By Herb's recommendation, Werewolf was persuaded into taking a stroll into the forest for Herb's second day of freedom. He still had to hang out with him until the end of the spell, so he never tried to argue back. The weather became more and more ruthless as the spell continued to wear off, but Herb was still as healthy and free as he was in the beginning. Catching up with Herb, Werewolf came to his side as they walked.

"Oh? Finally decided to join me?" Herb joked.

"Sure, not much I can do anyway."

Herb just chuckled and went along the imaginary trail, looking around more attentively than before. Werewolf sighed, continuing his journey with Herb.

Herb would halt abruptly every few minutes to take in the environment, glancing further at the far corners of the forest and making Werewolf stop in his tracks. He took his time, almost forcing Werewolf to look around with him, suddenly making his way over to a large tree with some flowers surrounding it. Once Herb approached the trunk, he plopped himself down at the roots, sitting comfortably as he laid back against the tree, letting out an "ahh!"

"Tired already?" Werewolf hovered above Herb.

"No, I'm just relaxing. Here," Herb placed his hand to the side of him, "sit with me."

Werewolf gave him a confused look, but reluctantly sat next to Herb, swooping his cape to the side as he did so. Laying his head against the oak, Werewolf looked into the sky and watched the snowflakes fly down to his face. Herb saw Werewolf staring upwards, looking with him, seeing the darkened clouds pass by right above them.

"What are you thinking about?" Herb spoke.

Werewolf came up with something quickly, "I'm not sure, why do you want to know?"

"Well, I'm taking the time to get to know you. We're not in a rush, are we?"

Werewolf scoffed, smiling just for a second before returning to a distressed frown. Herb turned over to Werewolf, facing him directly as he waited for an answer.

"Shouldn't we be going around? Like you said, we can be exploring around while you're on the spell, why are you wasting it here?"

Herb turned away after hearing Werewolf's words. He fought the feeling of disappointment, responding to his question.

"If I were really wasting my time, I would be inside and laying in my bed. Instead, I'm here with you. I get to be outside and enjoy myself while also enjoying your company. That, to me, isn't wasted time, it's time well spent!"

"Did it have to be with me though?"

Herb poked him playfully, "Yes! I wouldn't have done this with anyone else."

Werewolf flinched a bit but laughed it off. "You can't be serious; I could probably name a few cookies that you would much rather be spending time with right now."

"Name them then."

Werewolf spoke lightly, "Snow Sugar cookie."

He shook his head, "No, actually. I would feel more regret if I made Snow Sugar come along with us, they're an active kid that finds adult hobbies insanely boring."

Werewolf couldn't argue, simply nodding his head and making a soft noise of approval. Herb looked confidently at Werewolf to see if he had looked slightly defeated by his explanation, but he noticed that Werewolf was visibly shaking. Herb saw as the fluff of his collared cloak shivered with his body, trying his best to silence his breath.

Herb lightly placed his hand on Werewolf's leg to grab his attention. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I am. Just a little cold..." Werewolf attempted to ease Herb.

Herb became concerned, then quickly grabbed Werewolf's hands. He jumped from Herb's contact, watching as Herb cupped their hands together and began blowing warm air, puffing his cheeks.

"What- what are you doing?" Werewolf said with a shocked expression.

Herb gave a few more blows of air, then responded to Werewolf as he rubbed his hands. "I didn't know you were so cold! It's unhealthy to have been in this kind of weather for this long. I was beginning to believe you were immune like me."

"It's nothing," Werewolf tried pushing Herb's hands to the side, "I basically am immune. Don't get so worked up."

Herb refused Werewolf's dismissal, still holding on to him. Werewolf blinked, confused with Herb's behavior, but sighed as he continued to look at him with protective intent. "Herb, it's fine-"

Herb interrupted, "No! I don't want you getting sick either."

Herb took the ends of his cloak and wrapped him up, tucking his hands close to his chest as Herb positioned the fluff comfortably into a makeshift pillow for Werewolf. Huffing into his hands again, Herb warmed them up and placed them upon his face. Werewolf squinted his eyes, feeling the sudden contrast in temperature with Herb's hands on him. His spine shuddered, shaking off the feeling of his body adjusting to the new sense of warmth.

"Gosh," Werewolf's voice was muffled, "that spell really does keep you completely immune."

Herb's eyes fluttered, "Why do you say that?"

"You're completely warm. You're not freezing up at all."

With that statement, Herb had lowered his hands. "If that's the case, I have a better idea."

He shifted closer, pulling aside the cape that was previously wrapped around Werewolf. Herb inched his way to his side, huddling himself against Werewolf like they were curled into a blanket together. Herb placed the cape back to its original position, making Herb and Werewolf huddle within his own cape. Werewolf wiggled around uncomfortably, feeling claustrophobic with Herb now wrapped into the cape with him.

"There you go," Herb announced, "now you can warm up much quicker!"

Werewolf awkwardly kept to himself, avoiding physical contact with Herb. Herb, on the other hand, did the complete opposite: he moved his hands around him, coming in to hold him closely. Herb lowered his head slowly upon Werewolf's shoulder, exhaling in relief and in a moment of peace.

Werewolf became panicky. He wasn't sure how to respond to Herb holding him this closely. He tried to scoot himself away from Herb, but Herb only adjusted closer to Werewolf whenever he would try to escape. Herb glanced up towards him, smiling as Werewolf's breath quickened.

"Is it working?" Herb inquired.

"I-I'm sorry, what?" his voice nervously cracked.

Herb repeated himself, "Is it working for you? Are you warming up?"

"Oh, uhm," he composed himself, "yeah, it's working fine."

Herb sensed that there was something wrong with Werewolf, but he couldn't figure it out. Werewolf's chest raised up and down as his panic grew, making Herb even more worried for his condition.

Herb gently put one of his hands onto Werewolf's chest. His ears flung upwards, the hairs on his body rising as the warmth of Herb's hand slowly crept into his chest. Werewolf held his breath by instinct.

"Are you sure you're alright?" Herb asked once more.

"I'm trying-" Werewolf took in a large breath, "...trying to be. I'm not used to the whole... touchy thing."

Herb glanced down at his hand resting on Werewolf, slipping it away after Werewolf spoke. "Oh! Oh, goodness I'm sorry! I forgot about that; I thought it would help."

Before Herb could tuck his hand back, Werewolf grabbed his wrist desperately.

"Wait. No, put it back."

Herb became confused, "But you just said that-"

"I know what I said. Just do what you were doing before... it helps."

Reluctantly, Herb put his hand onto Werewolf where it was once placed. Now with Werewolf's hand too, his grip loosened and had settled his hand on top of Herb's. Herb lightly patted him, trying to find something comforting to do for him.

His breathing was now steady, getting more used to the situation he was in. Without realizing it, Herb's little plan had worked. The shaking from the cold stopped, and Werewolf felt less anxious around him. Werewolf leaned back against the trunk of the tree, the fluff of his collar serving as a border from him and the tree.

"You're not bothered by this?" Herb double-checked.

Werewolf calmly shook his head, "no... not at all. It was just hard to explain."

They sat together silently for a while, giving Werewolf enough to relax and warm up after walking around in the cold for a while. They were still wrapped up together, enjoying each other's company while the winds kicked up in speed. The snowflakes whipped by, lightly padding them with a white sheet of snow that they regularly had to wipe away. The snow was beginning to become slightly annoying, but Herb seemed to be enjoying the silliness of the snow.

Brushing the snow off Werewolf, Herb laughed. "Looks like you're being ambushed!"

"No kidding. Every time I get rid of it; it just sticks to my hair again-"

Werewolf stopped mid-sentence. Suddenly, he perched upwards. He frantically looked around as Herb questioned what the sudden alertness was for.

"Someone's nearby. I can hear it."

Werewolf lifted off the tree, sitting up to stay prepared for whoever was approaching. Although Herb's hearing wasn't as wonderful as Werewolf's, he still became alerted alongside him just in case, listening in to their surroundings. Werewolf's ear twitched attentively. It was almost aggressive. Herb held onto Werewolf's arm as a minor form of protection for whatever was out there, but it also served as comfort for Werewolf. Looking around, Werewolf pinpointed where it was coming from.

Werewolf shushed Herb silently, Herb giving him a nod of understanding as Werewolf went back to listening to the forest. Very subtly, a pair of tiny footsteps came from behind the tree, followed with the sound of sniffing. The sound grew as it got closer, stopping once it reached the roots right behind the two cookies. It was right there, Herb thought, don't move a muscle!

The thing came from the side, making its way to the front of the tree causing the flowers they sat by to brush against it. It sniffed, finally showing itself to the two.

Stupidly, Werewolf jumped in shock.

"AH!"

Werewolf was startled by the feeling of something bumping into his foot. At the same time, the thing that bumped into him yelped from his reaction.

"Wait- wait! It's fine! It's just a-"

Before Herb could finish his statement, he finally took a good look at what it was.

A small cake hound was shaking against the wind, using all of its strength to keep itself upright. Its little eyes shined with the glistening snow, tiny tears forming in its eyes in fear from the sight of the two cookies that had scared them. The fluffy frosted tail hung low, showing signs of submission to them.

"Aww... you poor thing! It's just a little pup!" Herb empathized.

Werewolf remained silent as he paced his breath, staring at the cake hound. The legs of the cake hound trembled, trying to figure out what to do while frozen in terror. Herb emerged from Werewolf's cape, reaching out peacefully to the hound.

"Come here: I won't hurt you," Herb whispered to it.

After a moment of thought, the hound slowly waddled over to Herb's arms, allowing Herb to scoop them up and bring them within the cape bundle.

"What are you doing!?" Werewolf tried to inch away from them.

Herb gave Werewolf a concerned look. "It's completely harmless! They're shaking horribly too... poor little guy is cold."

Werewolf knew what Herb's argument was going to be before he even began. He was going to plead that it was only fair that they warm up the cake hound too, so Werewolf scoot back to Herb for them to bundle up the hound.

"Come on, just bring it in," Werewolf ordered.

Herb hugged the cake hound lovingly, covering its paws with the cape as Herb did his best to offer his warmth. The cake hound squeaked, not having the strength to bark but still attempting to speak. Herb smiled hearing its attempts to communicate, stroking its head to show his affection.

"What a cutie," Herb commented, "reminds me of you, Werewolf."

Werewolf glared across to Herb. "What's that supposed to mean?"

Herb giggled, "nothing! Don't worry about it."

Herb momentarily pat Werewolf's head, causing him to tuck his ears back in response, his wolf-like instincts adjusting his ears around. Seeing this, the cake hound repeated Werewolf's behavior and tucked its own ears back. The cake hound's tail began wagging, expecting a head pat for itself.

"Oh? Well, looks like someone's feeling better already, hm?" Herb moved his hand down to the hound.

The cake hound happily rubbed its face against Herb's hand, Werewolf now watching their interaction as soon as his ended with Herb. How does that remind you of me, Werewolf thought about Herb's comment. He dropped the question quickly, continuing to watch the cake hound carefully.

The cake hound's tiny squeaks of excitement became barks of appreciation, reaching up to lick Herb's face as a way to say that they were thankful for Herb's charity. Herb scratched the cake hound's ears, laughing at the feeling of the cake hound hopping around and trying to give back some love to Herb. The hound's tiny paws reached up for Herb, pawing his face as Herb's face was tickled.

"So much energy! This little guy has a lot to offer!" Herb spoke through his laughter.

Werewolf smiled seeing Herb have so much fun. "Yeah, pretty friendly too. Strange seeing a wild hound be this nice."

"Well, it is pretty cold out here. I'm pretty sure that they're just really happy that we warmed them up so quickly." Herb looked down at the hound, "Isn't that right little guy?"

The cake hound nodded.

Herb's smile quickly faded, now with a face of astonishment. Werewolf returned the same look, both of them even more confused.

"Did they-" Herb moved his attention to the cake hound, "-did YOU just nod? At me?"

The cake hound nodded once again, leaving Werewolf in a state of shock.

"You understand me! Say, what's your opinion on my friend here?" Herb held the hound over to Werewolf.

"Really? That's the question you're going to ask them?"

Despite Werewolf's comment, the cake hound responded by wiggling its paws towards Werewolf. Herb let go of the cake hound, letting it waddle over and nuzzle Werewolf's leg.

"I think they like you," Herb nudged Werewolf.

Werewolf picked the hound back up, cradling it like a baby as he handed it back to Herb. "I get the idea, just keep warming them up."

The cake hound looked back at Werewolf quietly, giving eyes of grief. It wiggled its paws again.

"You got to sniff my leg, now go back to Herb," Werewolf strictly told them.

"Don't be mean! Here," Herb raised the cake hound to Werewolf's level, "give him a goodbye kiss!"

Before Werewolf could protest, the cake hound gave him a big sloppy lick with their tongue. Werewolf felt utterly disgusted, but Herb was rather entertained by Werewolf's suffering.

"There! Now I'm satisfied," Herb huffed with sassiness.

Werewolf roughly wiped his face, feeling the saliva smear as he did so. His organs twisted and cringed inwards into his stomach, feeling that awful texture that just got forcefully splattered on his face. Herb simply held the hound close to him for comfort, letting the cake hound rest on him. Using the side of his cloak, Werewolf cleaned off what he could from his face, saying "yuck" with each swipe from his hand.

The rest of the time they spent there, Herb and Werewolf would have a chat about the last day of the spell. Herb talked about the possibility of going out to the farm fields to visit Carrot cookie while he could. Werewolf pitched in the idea of visiting Clover instead but that was because he at least knew who Clover was. There was also the fact that Werewolf wasn't ready to face the responsibility of property damage yet and had been seriously praying that Carrot wouldn't recognize him. It had been a while since that incident, but Werewolf was more than paranoid about it. A few more ideas were thrown out, but Herb felt pretty confident in the idea of going to visit one of the two cookies previously mentioned. Don't pick Carrot cookie... don't pick Carrot cookie, Werewolf prayed.

During this conversation, the cake hound would notably jump in to interrupt, either pouncing on Werewolf or attempting to bite its own tail. By being in their little group, the cake hound got well adjusted to the cookies and liked being around them, showing signs of becoming playful with them even after only knowing them for such a short amount of time. Herb was quite impressed with how quickly the cake hound became friendly with them, but Werewolf was still concerned with its ability to communicate.

They asked a few more questions to the hound, like whether or not it was a boy or a girl. It nodded when they asked if it was a boy, now trying to figure out a name for the hound. Only problem was the cake hound rejected every name it was given.

"Are you sure you don't like the name Thyme? I thought it was pretty!" Herb argued.

Alas, the hound still shook their head no.

There was a point where the cake hound lost its energy, curling into Herb's lap and deciding to sleep. Werewolf questioned the cake hound's intentions, considering that they were still in the cold forest. The only thing keeping them safe and warm is Herb's presence. This sparked the idea of taking the cake hound with them for their journey, but even Herb understood its risks. Surely, it would be wrong to take a hound away from its habitat, so they settled on the idea of guarding the puppy until it finally woke up from its nap, and then they would continue their journey.

Herb and Werewolf sat together, continuing to chat as the cake hound slumbered peacefully.

An army marched forward through the snow at the entrance of the forest, the sound of crunching beneath their feet as they scavenge the area with their leader keeping the lead. The wind was nothing to them, the wind only carrying the leader's hair behind him like waving a black and crimson flag through the winter. His legs ached, but his goal was stronger than the rules of nature. He powered through the resistance to his physical body and the winds, pushing himself every inch of the way as to not collapse from the shear force testing his limits. He had been marching for days now, and members of his army were missing.

The darkened leader raised his voice through the winds. "Onwards! Do not stop now, keep moving!"

His army responded, letting out little barks as the leader smiled. His army was faithful and strong, naturally loyal to him. Cake hounds were the most loyal soldiers any war general could ask for.

Once again, his limits were tested by the trials of nature. The wind changed direction, almost as if to see how he would adapt to his environment. The once beautiful flowing flag whipped into another direction, causing the leader to use his accursed hand to adjust his hair so that he could see forward, shifting his dark hair to the side.

There was a sudden sound of emergency. A group of cake hounds from the side had sniffed out a trail, barking to their leader to bring his attention. He quickly came over, observing the situation for himself as the cake hounds awaited their next command. He walked over and kneeled, eyeing the disappearing footprints that led into a thick line of trees within the forest, blocking some of the snowfall that had decorated the whole area.

"A clue," the crimson leader spoke, "good work, we're getting somewhere finally."

He reached down to pet the puppies, congratulating them for their efforts. After giving them a good rub, he stood up using his weapon as a support, turning to the rest of his loyal hounds.

"Everyone! This is near the end of our road. If we find them before the end of this day, we shall be back home before the blizzard hits, understood!?" the leader roared with righteousness.

The crowd erupted in barks of approval and cheers. Swinging his weapon around, the leader advised the hounds towards the trail, a line forming just from a simple command of one cookie. He smiled, his loyal cake hounds proudly marching their way through the forest with dignity as they went on their travels. 

The crimson leader watched in envy, reminiscing of another cake hound he knew. 

"Chiffon... where have you gone this time? Any longer and you won't return home safely," Red Velvet cookie sorrowfully whispered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.4K 475 49
Caramel Arrow Cookie and Affogato Cookie do not like each other. That is always apparent. But one night, the king's advisor decides to up and go spra...
6.7K 273 30
You know the drill, it's fluffy, it's short and it's gay as hell, Enjoy! In all seriousness, this is a book on wholesome gay pure one-shots I write i...
76.7K 1.6K 11
Wind ventures out into the night, and accidentally strays too far from the Cookie Kingdom. As he continues his journey, he soon realizes he is lost...
728 6 17
Hello everyone. My name is Potato, and this is going to be my very first crk book. Do keep in mind that I'm not quite familiar with fanfics but I'm g...