Girl On The Run

By gravefl3sh

"Where are you, Drea? I'm not gonna hurt you." Antonio sang in an amused voice. Shivers started to run down m... More

Prolouge
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38

30

2.9K 143 67
By gravefl3sh

Oh god, I hope I did not just walk into another shit situation. What the hell am I even waiting for I need to leave.

I tried to open the door but it wasn't budging. I was locked in. I kept struggling to get out and pressed every button in sight but the door still remained locked.

Just as I was about to start screaming for help I saw Kit exit the store.

The once soft look that was displayed on his face the whole time I've known him was replaced with an expression I've only ever seen on Antonio when he was absolutely manic.

I froze as my eyes looked at his bag. Inside his bag, I saw items straight out of a horror movie.

"Going somewhere?"

Based on my experiences with men I've formulated a list of red flags in guys that are obvious signs that they are pure psychotic.

1. If he has an unusual obsession with horror movies. This one is freshly added in honor of my recent experiences. I should have found it slightly off-putting that the first thing Kit discussed with me was horror movies and how the films that feature the most brutalization are his favorites.

2. If he's a little too nice when you first meet. Antonio and Kit have led me to this conclusion. First, it's love bombing and then it's carving your gravestone.

3. If he's extremely persistent. Antonio wouldn't stop until he had me and Kit would not stop conversing with me until he could earn my trust.

Do I know why the craziest of men are somehow always insanely attracted to me? I've got no fucking clue but now based on what I've gathered I know who to avoid.

After a turn of events, I somehow ended up in another unsettling situation.

___

"Going somewhere?"

That feeling I always use to get at the mere tick of Antonio's jaw and the clenching of his fists returned like an ice bucket to the face.

"I just think I should walk it's getting late and I have to find a way to pay for my room," I said as I fumbled with the lock on the door.

"Did something happen you look pale."

Oh no, nothing happened I just found out that you gobble up women for fun and I'm just the perfect victim sitting right in your trap.

"No.." I laughed nervously. "Just unlock the door, please. I'm not good in confined spaces."

Kit reached the truck and stared deeply into my eyes. I couldn't even maintain eye contact with him he just looked purely wicked.

"Why are you lying to me?"

My blood ran cold as he rounded the car with that blank face still painted on his face.

"Kit.." My voice cracked as I tried to reason with him.

"Shhhh. Just stay put doll everything will be fine." He opened the door and rolled my side of the window all the way up.

I was frozen in my seat I couldn't kick or scream or retaliate. The only movement in my body was the chills of anxiety coursing through me.

Oh god, please. How much crazy shit has to happen to me before I die from exhaustion?

I can't believe this shit is happening to me I can never catch a break. Every horrific experience in the world has happened to me back to back and I was at my breaking point.

Kit took notice of my look of distress and began to tauntingly pat my hair like I'm some sort of pet.

"Shh, calm down."

That is quite impossible to do when someone barely an inch away from me was going to kill me and eat me and I couldn't do a single thing about it.

"Don't cry doll, you're different, I plan on letting you stick around for a while I don't think I'll get bored of you as fast as I did the others."

Was that supposed to reassure me?

"Kit you can't do this to me... just... please let me go, please." The tears in my eyes were ready to spill at the psychotic look morphing on his face.

Kit for the first time he stepped out of that car displayed an emotion I'd never seen before. He smiled.

"You're the girl of my dreams. I'll never let you go. You're going to come home with me and you're going to love me trust me."

Christ this man was fucking deluded. This was practically an Antonio 2.0 except I've never felt any love for this random stranger that eats women and I never will.

"Kit... I will scream."

Kit chuckled for a good minute before his smile was quickly dropped and what was left was a stoic expression.

The switch of his face so effortlessly was bone-chilling.

He slammed the door of his truck and locked the door. I quickly whipped my head around following his movements.

He opened my door but put both of his hands on each side of the car to block me from running away.

As his arms stretched to each side I could then take in his full form. And the sight left me sick.

"What did you do?" My eyes were fixed on the blood I have just caught sight of as he got closer to me.

Sprinkles of red adorned his shirt and he didn't seem to be phased by it.

"Well I couldn't let anyone see you and run off snitching on me now, can I? No one's gonna hear you doll."

In moments like this when a man I trusted begins to reveal the horrors of his true identity, a surge of adrenaline I've never felt takes over my body before I can even think about it.

Kit, a man I saw as caring and sweet for paying for my groceries, has just now revealed to me that he has killed people while I was mindlessly sitting idle in the car with not a single clue in the world. Two kind and older women so eager to help me that probably have children or even grandchildren are now gone, because of me.

Before my mind could fully process everything I kicked Kit in the balls with as much force as I could muster.

What an amateur for opening the damn car door.

Kit tumbled over groaning in pain, spewing lewd words.

I quickly jumped out of the car and stomped on his leg in an attempt to leave him as impaired as possible so he doesn't retaliate. He was down for a second before he began to slowly get back up. By now I was running as far away from him as possible.

He was a big man that was used to this so a few kicks from a girl my size couldn't have affected him as much as I hoped.

I didn't look back to see where he was. Not even when I heard his truck chase after me like I was free fuel for his car.

The adrenaline coursing through my brain prohibited any thoughts, just movement. I have been in this situation enough times to know that stopping won't get me anymore and neither will thinking.

I was running so much I didn't even realize that he was long gone. There were no signs of tire marks and everyone outside was looking at me crazy.

I finally paused and looked around at the nosey Southerners. They all looked concerned and curious as to why a girl they'd never seen before stumbled upon their neighborhood in full hysteria.

"Evening jog!" I mustered up the most believable smile and the wondering eyes lit up and sent a wave my way before continuing what they were doing. 

___

Now here I stood, awkward and out of place in a homey neighborhood with a storm brewing in my mind. 

As much as I wanted to warn everyone of Kit and give them a description of the silent murderer lurking in their town, I absolutely could not draw any attention to myself. 

I have no doubt that Antonio has at least one connection to this town and if I make the headlines in the newspaper, Antonio will find me.

I also didn't want to be the girl who cried wolf because nothing strange happens in a sweet small town like this.

As nosey as small-town folks are they're also quite gullible, I am in no way dressed for an "evening jog" but no one questioned it any further. 

I didn't know what to do or where to go. I was afraid of heading back in the direction of the motel since Kit could still be there waiting to pounce on me and have me in his confinement.

"Hello." After another moment of catching my breath, I turned to the source of the noise. 

It was a younger woman outside of her home watering her grass.

"You usually don't wander this far for your evening jog, I've never seen you before?" 

You gotta love nosey Southerners!

"No, I am just visiting I don't live in this town." I barely answered her question and I know she was thinking the same thing because she furrowed her eyebrows. 

"Oh, well you look like you need some hydration. Come on in I've just made some fresh lemonade." 

"Yes please." I didn't even care if this woman was weird and had malicious intent behind her invite. 

I just needed a break.

Upon entering her home I felt an overwhelming sense. I didn't know what it was but it was discomforting.

Nevertheless, my groggy brain refused to follow my instincts and slumped down in a chair. She handed me the glass filled to the brim of a vibrant yellow and I drank it with no hesitation.

Her husband appeared and they began to talk in hushed voices while shooting me a few looks.

I wasn't even worried, all I wanted was to sleep for five years. The coming down of my adrenaline rush was gradually paining me. When I was running I felt nothing but the pain is beginning to catch up.

I was going in and out of consciousness and each time I came to my drink just kept getting fuller. 

The only thought on my mind was Antonio.

For some reason, in the presence of certain individuals, he was all I could think of. Like my brain was warning me that the people I'm near have a sort of connection to him. 

If I was more awake right now I would immediately turn my theory into this whole thing, but right now I can just think about the turn of events my life begins to take and I pray to god that I did not just escape a killer not even thirty minutes ago to walk into another trap.

My life felt fake. Like I was in a stimulation and the person behind it was hellbent on tormenting me without a break.

I felt like John Wick and how in every movie he never even got to take a nap before some other crazy shit came hurdling his way.

But by now I was desensitized. If I were to be drinking poison lemonade I still would fight until my last breath. I didn't care anymore my sole purpose wasn't to avoid pain but to avoid death.

It was a shame to know that my body was so used to these things happening to me that it just knew what to do. 

I have a million and one ways how I can escape this woman if she turns out to be someone dangerous. 

I've never had an easy life, even before I reunited with Antonio. There was always some new shit every day.

I felt proud of myself however for how after all the crap I have been through I was still alive and breathing with a newfound strength.

So many women wouldn't be able to survive a life where they constantly live in fear of their husbands.

For the love of god, Antonio was so extremely physically fit that even a hug from him was painful. Whenever he would abuse me as much as it felt like he was using one hundred percent of his strength, he really wasn't.

I have seen my husband kill with his bare hands. I have seen him torture other human beings like his sole purpose is to torment them more than hell possibly ever could. And as much as he hurt me, it could have been worse, literally.

Even being intimate with him felt like a punishment, he was a fucking beast in all aspects.

But the love he could show to me made me feel like it was all worth it.

I despised how every time I thought of him I would always resort to the conclusion that he was the love of my life. Even though he ruined my life and my body he was the first man to show me true romance.

Besides the abuse, he was extremely ideal.

He was dripping in tattoos dedicated to me. My eyes, my name, the day we met, the day we got married, everything I can think of leads back to me. Even passcodes are dedicated to me.

He worshipped me like a goddess. I have always had a fluctuating body, for the most part, I've stayed slim but there were times when I didn't control my weight and he still looked at me like I was sex on legs.

I knew that no matter what I looked like, Antonio was somehow so obsessively attracted to me as a person and although my looks definitely played a part he was so in love with me that it wouldn't alter a single thing about his infatuation with me if I were to completely change.

I could eat like a pig and he would have this unwavering look of pure adoration in his eyes. After a long hot day, I could smell like absolute death and he still would bury his head in my neck and never let go of me like I was his life support.

As busy as he was he always managed to spend quality time with me and he could be so clingy. During our quality time once he touched me, he never wanted to let me go. He held me like he wanted to eat me and as much as it used to annoy the hell out of me I secretly enjoyed the warmth he provided.

No matter what he has never looked at me with disgust. He has looked at me like he wanted to kill me but there was always that look of unfiltered lust and love in his eyes.

He would be the perfect man if he didn't beat the happiness out of me.

He was repulsed by the mere thought of any woman that wasn't me. I've never seen him become flattered by any woman not even the most gorgeous women.

Antonio is the sexiest man on earth. And it's not just my own bias, many people look at him like he's gold in human form.

The most beautiful women fall to his feet and he pays no mind to them.

He wasn't the type of guy to tell a flirty woman that he has a wife, he was the type to slaughter them for even thinking of stealing him from me. It was like I was the only woman in the world to him.

That was why it all felt justified when he would showcase his brutal possessiveness. Because I didn't even need to ask, he was already disconnected from any woman that wasn't me, and if he wanted me to be the same with a man, it was only fair to reciprocate his loyalty.

Antonio was perfect when he wasn't putting me on my deathbed. Whether it was obsession or toxic love he could love me like I would disappear in any second. And as merciless as the sex was it was so passionate and he fucked me like he'll never get to do it again. He fucked me like he wanted to fuck me to death. I swear I could taste death on my tongue when we had sex. 

Every damn day I wished that things would have gone so differently.

And I know how stressed he is right now and how crazy he's going looking for me and kicking himself for being "too lenient". A small part of me hurts for him. I know he changed after Italy and he's given subtle hints that he was brutally abused and most definitely to the point where he's darkened significantly. And I know the little Antonio that I loved like hell is yearning for my return.

I was and will always be all he has. He's voiced to me on many occasions that he loves me more than he loves his own family. By the looks of it, he seems to merely like them by default because they're blood.

I hate to hate him but I can't help it.

I hated how every damn day I questioned if I made the right decision. If I should have just forced myself back in love with him but the way he expressed his distaste for my actions was fatal. He's almost killed me so many fucking times I cannot even count.

His possessiveness could be enticing but he never kept it in moderation. Even looking at another man caused so much anger in him that being near another man made my skin crawl.

I was always locked away or kept so closely in his sight to the point where being without him made me feel naked. I lived a sick life that revolved around him.

It was like he was perfect to me and put me above others so I had to as well and if I didn't he would punish me to the brink of death. He was jealous of my family members for spending time with me. Even staying in contact with the women in my family pissed him off.

My own father would ask to meet up and catch up with me at the beginning of our marriage and Antonio would text him crazy shit like "I'm fucking your little girl right now. After all of this screaming, I don't think she'll be able to talk and she definitely won't be able to walk."

My mom would ask for a coffee date and Antonio would text her "My princess had a mouthful of my cum, I think she's good."

The way he used to talk to my family was utterly sickening and I don't understand what possessed him to speak to them that way. 

My family hated the way he spoke to them and whenever he would text anyone on my phone it was the most lewd thing he could muster up.

And when I would confront him for disrespecting me and my family he would explode.

"You belong to me so tell those motherfuckers to fuck off."

I wasn't living when I was with Antonio, I was surviving. Barely at that.

And as insane as a life with him was I would do it again.

I would do it again if that meant that I could come out stronger and more ready to face the horrors of the real world that are thrown at me left and right.

And now here I was. In a situation I couldn't tell was normal or weird.

A young couple that looks a little too nice begging to take me to a place to stay and questioning me a little too much.

"Let us take you to the motel you're staying at. You don't look well." The man said.

The woman grabs her husband's hand and they walk towards their car beckoning me to follow.

"Do you know the address?" His wife added.

I couldn't tell if my distrust for them was based on what just took place not even an hour ago or if I was just anxious but I was too exhausted to allow my worry to impact my decision.

Too tired to protest I accept their offer.

"I'll give you the directions."

A/N: My computer is still extremely broken 💔. I am so sorry for the really late update but I absolutely cannot write on my phone I am unfortunately so bad at it and the grammatical errors are crazy. I am borrowing a computer to type on and I plan on updating as frequently as possible. Anyways, I love you guys so much!!! Thanks for reading!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 2.7K 100
!Book one out of four! There is a part two to this book you don't have to read it but if you would like to it's called "My princess to the Black Wido...
364K 7.5K 42
Annalyse never had friends in her school. You ask why? She avoided them because she's so afraid that her father will know and everyone hates her. So...
233K 5.5K 45
"All this was a misstake. I thought I would get help and be free but I threw myself into another nightmare." My voice barely a whisper. ------- She h...
86.3K 3.1K 63
This is the Sequal of Pain Before Love. You will need to Read the first one to understand this one or you will be confused. This is Keyona Martinez...