The ultimate caretaker (a sha...

By talib0arts

during a huge fight to the death with Mephiles Sonic was kicked to the side mid fight to the point where he p... More

Right after the battle, chapter 1
Day one: a caring caretaker
day 2 A flustered day for a face
day 3 infectious affections
Day 4 midnight, realizations
Day 6 Movie night at Amy's
Day 7, goodbye
The Christmas party, chapter 9
Epilogue

Day 5, continuous, pondering

132 4 0
By talib0arts

.

.

.

I fell madly in love with Amelia rose the hedgehog.... I should've noticed it earlier the way she makes me feel ever since that time in the ark, she's always tried to get to know me. she was so kind and even as she got older, her vibrant personality, never shy away. when she was younger, she would always talk about sonic, but on the occasions, she didn't talk about sonic She was funny, smart, strong, beautiful, sharp-witted and interesting. She's so many things that I couldn't even describe but her compassion is what makes rose, rose. She helped me get out of my dark space...when she is around everything seems a little too light so white and bright I might get blinded.... but if it's with her, I'll gratefully go blind.

As I keep thinking swimming through my various thoughts, I look out the window the sun is rising. I guess I didn't get any sleep last night. How could I? I haven't loved in a long time and I've never loved someone like that, so this is new and although I don't wanna admit it I'm kind of scared if she and I were dating, wouldn't I just hurt her and bring her in harm's way let her be a target for all the many people who despise me? she probably wouldn't say yes even if I did have the nerve to ask her I mean, I'm a monster, an alien made to be a weapon for the government a failed project, the most we could be would be friends... I still don't know why she wants to be my friend after all the things I did to her and her friends... I was broken out of my deep thought, as I feel a finger poking at my shoulder

.

.

.

Amy's POV

I do my little routine after waking up today. I feel a little more tired than usual. My voice is all sleepy and soft-spoken. Today I don't feel like wearing my signature outfit. Unlike when I was younger, I don't wear the same outfit every day. I wear the same outfit a lot like a lot but I can change it up. Sometimes it's not often but way more than I used to, the only time I did dress differently was when going swimming and going to a fancy event other than that I wore the same outfit every. single. day. like with a uniform or something, nowadays I usually switch it up when I'm going to the mall or just randomly I usually only do it a couple times randomly a month. I put on a short grayish cyan comfy spaghetti strap dress it's baggy but shows my shape. It has a small slit on my side that's tied with shiny black rings, I put similar rings on my hair to make my pink tails. I should wear it more, it's one of my favorite comfy clothes.

I go downstairs to change shadows wraps and make breakfast, to my surprise he's already awake. He looks deep In thought, I poke his shoulder 5 times getting faster each time. he looks up at me and shoots up, he grunts in pain. He moved WAYYYY too fast and he properly stretched his wound! I put my hands on his chest " whoa whoa there! calm down let's get you to the bathroom!" I say worried as I pick him up, and walk toward the bathroom. He looks down I can't see his face....why is he acting like the first time we did this I thought he was used to it by now, and I try to brush it off, his leg has fully healed. So now he'll just have to walk a little more cautiously. I changed his wraps the stomach scare stretched more than I thought, I traced the edges of the scare it should have been done by tomorrow but I guess it will be done by Sunday "hmmm" I say wondering why he would do something so careless...

'It doesn't seem like him to do that...maybe he's just having an off-day...' I thought still tracing the scare, suddenly I felt Shadow grip the hand that I using to touch him with. I looked up to see what the problem is " I-I um...can we go back to the living..room" he says shielding his face with one of his hands...stuttering!?!?

My eyes go wide did he just stutter!?!? I thought it was surprising when Rogue stuttered but SHADOW! I've never heard him stutter the most I got from him was he being awkward. in all the years I've known him I've never heard him talk like that, something is going on with him.

.

.

.

Shadow's POV

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME...oh yeah I'm in love...but still I can't act like this anymore this is the last mess up, pull yourself together shadow you the ultimate life form for chao's sake!

She finishes with the wraps and takes me to the couch. I'm acting a little bit awkward, I'm usually good at hiding this type of stuff but today it feels like something eating at me, who knew butterflies could bite...

She starts to make breakfast, making pancake mix and getting all her other ingredients out, it makes me think, if she like me and we got together (which will never happen...) would she make breakfast for us every morning? would we live together, or would she wanna wait until we're married to do that? I wonder if she would make more of those cookies... maybe we could even bake together, Maria used to talk about love, mostly only the family type of love but when she did tell me about more of a romantic type of love, she told me that girls like doing stuff like activities and doing sweet stuff like cooking or baking together...something she wanted to do with her future lover when she got to earth. The people on the ark wouldn't let her make her food they said it was too dangerous for her, I wonder if Amy would like to do that with me if we became a couple.

if we did get married, would she still want to work? I mean the amount of money I make in a week is probably the amount she makes in a month but she did say that she loved her bakery when she first got it a couple of years ago when she was 19 she worked hard to get that money even though it was half the original price mostly because she was a hero of Moebius but still it's a lot of money for a teen to save up and she wouldn't let rouge or anyone else help her in the costs. She is very stubborn.

Before any of that would happen I would have to take her on a date, right? Maybe I could take her to that place I like, the best sunset in Moebius as I call it.... Or maybe the ark, I haven't been there in a while, but it does have an amazing view of the earth that I'm sure Rose would love to see... that probably wouldn't be our first date though.

Maybe when we are older, we can have kids, maybe three. I would even have 10 of them if she wanted.... I slap myself in the face... no, like literally I physically slap myself in the face I shouldn't get my hopes up I mean kids I don't even think she would go on a second date with me if she would even take up the first one.... I need to stop being so uncharacteristic this isn't like me!!! I'm sharp-witted, brooding and badass, not a corny, lovesick hedgehog...she would never date me, I don't even know what love is, Rose wouldn't want to make breakfast for me every day and cook food I will just be a nuisance, just like right now, I'm wasting her money I don't even need to eat... she would never have kids with me.

She'd probably be scared they would turn out to be freakish monsters like me.... and" I blush "I don't think we would ever be in a situation that would lead up to having kids... and she wouldn't want to bake with me either I mean I don't even know how to, I doubt she would appreciate me wasting all her ingredients" Again my thoughts get interrupted by a plate clanking on the small table in front of me.

I see Rose, looking at me with a sweet smile as she pats the baking powder off her apron, the apron she has on is pink, very pink. It's quite frilly, and Lacey. The words on it say kiss the Cook, and have a bunch of hearts on it.... "Kiss the Cook huh I wish..." I mumble... "hmm? What do you say Shad's?" She said, with a confused face, my face stays neutral as I tell her "It's nothing important" she gives me a serious look as she glares at me "Shadow don't lie to me you've been acting weird all day what's wrong?" She says, putting her hand on my shoulder.

'I can't tell her what I'm feeling I would just end up being awkward and she would be awkward because she would try to put it nicely, which would make it even more awkward so I lie "it's nothing now stop touching me" I say very obviously annoyed, she gives me a pout, but then she looks at me serious again "shadow I'm worried about you...." as she says this she waits a couple of seconds until she gives me a devious smirk 'Oh no, what is she thinking of now?' "Well, if you're not going to tell me, then I'll guess I'll do...... THIS!!!" She pounces on me not enough to hurt me or damage my wounds, but enough to make me a jerk. She wraps her arms around me, since she's a head shorter than me, her face is on my chest.

.

.

.

Normal POV

Amy pounced on shadow not too hard that it would hurt him but not soft enough for him to just pick her off him, he lets out a confused grunt as his pupils get smaller, his cheeks, getting a tiny bit pink "if you're not gonna tell me what's wrong with you then I'm just sitting annoy you until you do, it's your fault for giving me the idea Mr. 'don't touch me'. And she said, hugging tighter

.

.

.

Shadows POV

Shamefully, I don't want this moment to end. I'll just blame it on pride. " You're not getting the word out of me Rose".... 10 minutes pass Rose is still on top of me and things are getting a bit awkward, she puts her hand on my chest. I feel my face getting a bit warm, but I quickly make it stop. She looks a bit sad as she stops wrapping her arms around me, still sitting on my lap "shadow I told you can you tell me anything do you not trust me?" She says looking a bit sad. "I'm just not ready to talk about it. when I'm ready I'll say...." I said looking down I wasn't fully lying to her, I don't know if I can keep these feelings inside forever it's like it's eating away at me every single second I'm not with her makes me feel lonely... although I think I'm gonna have to not tell her, for both our sakes. She looks a little sad, but ultimately she gives up.

"Fine Shadow the hedgehog you have won this battle." She said, giving a little bow before she got off of me. "We still got to eat breakfast. It's probably a little cold by now. Sorry." I give a small nod before digging in, after we're done she looks at the TV for a couple of seconds before returning to me " hey shadow" she says scooting a bit closer to me her dress ruffling as she moves "did you like that show I put on yesterday"

The show? oh that baking show she was talking about surprisingly I did like it. It wasn't full of unnecessary drama, and it was quite peaceful. " yeah, why do you ask?"

She looked a little shy for a second, but then went back to her normal mood, so I was wondering since you liked watching people bake,I thought you might like.... you know...baking?"

I look at her a little curiously, why would she think I know how to bake I didn't even know what the cookies were until she made some. " no I don't know how to bake."

Her ears perk up as I say this " so do you wanna bake with me I can teach you how! that's if you're interested or not you don't have to" her sparkling optimism at her first sentence shyes away as she gets further down the sentence, I am shocked she wants to bake with me. Is this a sign? No this is probably just a friendly thing she probably does this with everyone " you know I've never baked with anyone before, so I hope this will be fun. I'm glad to do it with you first!" God dammit why is everything so ironic? " are you sure you want to bake with me I probably won't be too much fun," I say with doubt in my voice

"please shadow I promise it will be fine... plus you don't have to worry about me having no fun I love baking!" She did a little fist pump in the air as she did a closed-eyed smile. I take the opportunity to smile a little bit seeing that her eyes are closed. I quickly revert to my normal face "fine we can try" I say secretly happy.

she pulls out a little brown box, " when I was younger, I bought these. I used to and still am kind of a big fan of the band. Sorry if it's a little bit too small and it's still kind of big since I thought I was gonna be tall when I got older but..." she puts her hand to the top of her head and moves it in a back-and-forth motion, showing her a short display. The band name was CRUSH 40 in a thin dramatically lined font

I was a little surprised by the music taste it was the same band that helped out with the soundtrack for my game, 'shadow the hedgehog', " that's the same band that helped out with the vocals in my game is that a coincidence." I say while smirking.

She looked at me with wide eyes just for a moment and then laughed " Oh yeah, I almost forgot how I found out about them, I wanted to play all the sonic games in our series to impress sonic when I was younger because I guess I thought that one-upping him would make him impressed or something, sonic was good at speed runs so by the time I got half of them done he almost finished, but he refused to play your game for some reason so I took the opportunity and formally beat him!" She said it with a proud smile " your soundtrack was super catchy, so I started listening to their albums"

Before I helped work on the soundtrack, I didn't know what Nu metal was, I did like it, though sometimes listen to it while I was brooding, and I've slowly stopped listening to it for a while.

"Somehow I'm not surprised that his massive ego got in the way of his competitive side" I let out a small growl in anger. Rose puts her hands up. "Hey, let's not get all angry. Just forget I mention sonic and have fun!" She said, with a tiny bit of sweat going down her head, I let out a quiet mumble, but nod my head in response. She grabs out her huge pink cookbook and flips the page with a little bit of powdered sugar, dusting by as she does so. "AHA! Found it!" I walk over to her to see what page she's pointing at, " since you're a beginner Baker will try an easy one" easy!? This doesn't look easy, she looks at me for a second, and then proceeds to speak "don't worry we won't do all the shiny Carmel designs on it since it's your first go, it's just banana bread, I'm sure you will do great!" I nod in agreement, although I don't like her being talked to like I can't do it I know she had no intention of making it sound that way, she grabs all her ingredients from the cabinet, " sorry I don't have double of everything to my cabinet. we're just gonna have to share ok?"

" Well, I hope you didn't think I was expecting you to have enough measuring cups for two people," I say blankly, she smiles as she places the pink book in front of me, "I've already memorized the steps and you haven't looked at it yet you can borrow it for now", with that we started to get the bananas out I got for of them the same as she did.

"Now that we got the bananas we peel off the skin and put them in a bowl and smush them with a whisk" she started first and began to gently smush them without making a mess, when she was done it was still mushy she probably didn't do it for long enough she handed the whisk to me and I started smashing the whisk harshly into the fruit, she gasped and went behind me

.

.

.

Amy's POV

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!! WHAT THE HELL!!! HE'S GOING TO BREAK MY WHISK!!!

I go behind him and grab his hands "you're going to break my whisk with all that pressure, here let me show you"

.

.

.

Shadows POV

before I could say anything she brought my hands together still holding them and made them go in the same manner as she did, we did this for about 30 seconds until she let go and went to my side "you should have done what I did in the first place" she lectured "then why do they look unfinished" I said annoyed "we will mix them later with all the other ingredients if we overmix them it won't taste good just trust the process ok?" She said sweetly, "hmph fine," I say masking the fact I'm embarrassed for acting so stupidly, she giggled "don't worry the reason I know that the whisk will break and the food won't taste good is because I've done the same thing before, so don't be ashamed for not knowing" and with that, we continue it went smoothly I did all the things just right and Rose even said that she was impressed by how well I did for a beginner, yup everything was perfect until we had to do the flower...

"2 cups is all we need" she said with confidence, she put in the flower in two red measuring cups as she softly dropped the flower form the cups into her bowl, she handed me the flower and cups, as I tried to pour the flower in she rushed to me and yelled "WAIT YOU HAVE TO-" it's too late the flower poured all over me, her and the floor "pinch the top so won't spill it...." she said, finishing her previous sentence. We're both on the ground an empty flower bag falls on top of me, Rose and I burst out laughing she's laughing so hard she's crying both calm down she wiped her tears away and began to speak "I guess I should have told you that earlier" she giggled as she got up and walked over to me, offering her hand to me, I excepted with a chuckle, with the help I get up.

I walked over to the small magnetized mirror on her fridge "chaos I look like a mess" I say as I touch my quills, " your still a cutie even with all that flower" I hear her mumble softly I almost didn't catch it but luckily I did, "did you just call me a 'cutie'" I say monotony.

.

.

.

Amy's POV

He heard me...help "I I I I I I-um" he started walking towards me I put my hands up and my head down "yeah..." I said shamefully. he smirked to himself "I already knew that but you said it so quietly I hardly was able to hear it, do you want to say it again but Louder?" I look at him in shock. He hasn't teased me in years. "you are...a...cutie" I say a little bit louder than before, "hmm what I didn't hear it," he says putting his hand to his ear, ok now he's just being petty "hmph," I say

.

.

.

Shadows POV

"That doesn't sound like-" SPLAT I feel something on my face it's wet, I look over to Rose she's flustered and she has some of her batters in her hand I was about to speak but the side of my mouth gets pelted by more batter it tastes really good but that's not enough of a reason to let it go this time, "ok if that's how you want to play then let's play!" I throw I little bit of mine at her it lands on her cheek she looks relieved, and then we start throwing are batter at each other I guess people would call it a food fight, we do this for a bit until Rose surrenders, and we finish our baking up and put our batter in some pans.

the oven is already ready to be baked in, so we put them in for 40 minutes, when the times up we take the bread out with some baking mittens.... I look at my bread...mine looks atrocious "it looks horrible" I mumbled but Rose still heard me "It's not about the looks Shadow it's about the taste!" She said with a smile on her face "says the one whose bread looks fluffy and doesn't have a single lump." I say unconvinced, "thanks for the compliment but I know what I'm talking about now let me have a taste of yours," she said with a grin I reluctantly cut her a slice it was hot, and she ate a big bite with a fork she made a badly hidden face but said it was because of how it was hot I kind of believed her, the bread was hot.

She took another bite and another until the slice was all gone, I was anticipating her opinion, "I love it you're amazing!!!!!" She said with a big smile that makes my heart skip a beat, I grin filled with pride "I guess you were right then..." I say as I go for a slice I pick it up Rose goes for another slice too I guess she really likes it, I put the piece in my mouth and chew it.... It's gross it's somehow soggy yet burnt at the bottom I go to the trash and spit it out. Rose just finished her second slice and had a loving smile on her face "why did you lie to me about the 'food' its disgusting" I said grabbing a slice of her bread from her pan,

"I didn't lie, I love it because you made it and tried! the only reason it doesn't taste like mine is because of the slight oversteering and the flower incident, next time it will be better, so...don't bring yourself down" my heart flutters at her caring words instead of replying I take a bite of her bread it was delicious, I go for two more but she stops me but lets me take one more, "hey don't eat all of it we still need to take a picture for the cook book!" She said with her pink polaroid camera "don't you already have a picture in there?" I questioned, "yes but it's old and this is more special and stuff you know?" She replied as she pulled me over to her and put her hand on my shoulder "help me hold the camera please" she said sweetly I complied she did a big smile .

"Say CHHHEEESSSS!" I looked over at her and blushed as I smiled, she was beautiful, even with the mess on her face, it was unknown to me that she clicked the picture just at the moment I did so, I grabbed the camera from her and got out the photo and shake it until it showed the picture, "oh shit..." it shot the exact moment that I did that about to tear it up before rose, snatched it from me and look at it " awwwwww you're smiling! I'm gonna have to put this one in the book!" She took off the tape from the last photo and put it on the counter. She got the new one and plastered it on with glue... I guess there's no getting that out of the book. She grabbed a red and black marker and put a little red heart next to a pink one that she previously made.

She outlines it with black. " why are you doing that?" I say confused, " oh, I put a heart on the page every time I make something again," she said while closing the book, taking out there bookmark she had, and putting it at the back of it. "we should probably clean up ourselves, I'll take a shower first if that's ok with you," she said while she hanged up her apron, " it's all right with me" I also hang up my apron 20 minutes later she's done and I go. we hang out for the rest of the day, she asked me if I want to watch a movie, I reluctantly say yes, the movie was surprisingly funny and sweet.

I thought it sounded weird for the title. It was a human movie called ' my big fat Greek wedding' after the movie it was kind of late so after an hour or two, she started making dinner, she placed the plate full of steak and broccoli on the table.

She cut me a piece of her banana bread and cut a piece of my banana bread for her, I shake my head at her persistence, but she ate it with a smile on her face, which made me chuckle, we forgot to clean the kitchen, so we do so after dinner.

she washes the dishes as I scrub the counters, that were formally layered with batter in flower, we say our good night and go to sleep. after she goes into her room, I stare at the open trashcan. I guess Amy didn't care about that photo she used to have of her baking when she was I think 13... I go to the trashcan and sneakily, grab it out of there and place it under the couch next to where I put the plushy of rose, I lay down with a heavy sigh full of contentedness... I wish every day I could hang out with her like this... I think as I drift off to sleep.

.

.

.

Amy's POV

I put on my red pajamas and take my pigtails out and put them in an out and put them into a messy bun, I'm really giddy but still tired. We had a long day today. I pop into bed, putting my face into the pillow thinking about all the things I did today pretending the pillow was Shadow's chest fur, I smile as I drift off to sleep, feeling so very happy.

Thank you so much for reading this chapter. If you have any comments about the story, please feel free to express them!(But if you do have any complaints, try to be nice with it, after all this is my first story.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 297 55
(THIS IS A BETTER AND FIXED VERSION OF "THE INSTITUTION") What would you do, if you grew up in a hell hole of a place. Were only very few had these p...
196K 6.3K 32
Sonic broke his leg one day on one of his runs, Sonic was mad and he don't wanted Amy to take care of him. Until Shadow accepted to help him. What wi...
7.2K 242 10
Six months after Sonic's death, Amy was captured by Eggman and Infinite, who order Amy to give them the Chaos Emeralds in which were in The Resistanc...
5.6K 215 13
So maybe it took Amy a while to get over Sonic... Who doesn't go off grid for a few years? Amy was doing her own thing now and making the best out of...