A Turn of Tides (Dragon Age F...

By TheRory

This deletes all the time so I'm sorry that it comes and goes and it always changes. Plus I'm bad at Summarie... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Author's Note

Chapter 7

50 4 9
By TheRory

Lysandros and I had been together two weeks now and every moment was extraordinary to say the least. The crew was good with me and Lysandros together and even Hyde has let the fact sink in.

The past days have been rather unevenful compared to others. Zeveran and I have become rather good friends and I enjoy talking to him. And he's even Lysandros's bestfriend so I don't have a single reason to dislike him really.

The only bad thing is we're getting closer and closer to Ferelden or really tommrow. My heart already aches at the thought of him going to fill out his contract. I have to go to Ostagar to give supplies and he has to go to Ostagar to kill the king. How perfect.

But I haven't and I won't tell the crew of Lysandros's plans. They wouldn't agree and would kill Lysandros. I don't agree and even Lysandros doesn't but I will stand at his side until the day I fall.

The cool night is relaxing and the sound of the crashing waves is even more enjoyable.

I sit and drink a wine that isn't very strong. If I drank three whole bottles maybe I'd get a few minute buzz, that's it. But I'm not drinking three bottles, instead only a small canister amount.

The morning will be eventful as we go to Ostagar and I need this damn wine to help cool my stress. I study the waves, the light breeze tossing my curls.

My velvet duster lays on the floor next to me where I lean over the wooden railings. My shear blouse flaps in the wind as well and I undid three of the four bittons at the collar bone, which is where the buttons start. This is very cooling on my heated nervous skin.

"Mind if I have a sip?" Zeveran's antivan accent asks.

I hand the canister next to me and Zeveran takes a swig and passes it back and sighs in delight from the drink. "Lysandros is already resting. He wants to be engerized for tommrow and I can't say I blame him. Plus I don't think he plans on saying goodbue just yet. Appears he finally found something to fight for our Lysandros." Zeveran says.

"I don't know how I'll let him go tommrow." I state and take a swig from the canister and pass it to Zeveran. He takes a sip before saying "Easy you let him walk past you in Ostagar."

"You know that's not what I meant." I say quietly.

Zeveran pats my back lightly "He'll come back Amaris. He always has and he always will. He's quiet the sneak." Zeveran says and gives me the canister.

I accept that knowledge with a sigh and take a last swig from the canister "I'll see you in the morning Zeveran." I say and hand him the canister. I pick up my velvet duster "Sleep well Amaris" Zeveran says.

"You to Zeveran" I say while walking I to my quarters. Once I'm in and the door is shut I drop my duster and remove my boots. Then I go to my bed and cuddle up next to my sleeping love.

Morning

When I woke up Lysandros was getting dressed. He smiles at me and kisses my head and then presumes to get dressed. "Morning love." Lysandros says.

"Mornin" I say and I get out of bed and go to my shoes. On my way over I kiss Lysandros's cheek. I need to get as much of him as I can before he goes.

Once I'm at my shoes I quickly put on the thigh high silverite boots and toss on my velvet duter. "You have a lot of buttons undone." Lysandros says sarcastically with an eyebrow raised.

I grin and walk over to him. Once I'm infront of him he holds my waist and my hands are his chest. "Im thinking maybe I can distract you for a little while." I say and bite my lip.

"Not working today love but later..." Lysandros says and kisses my neck once before moving his hands onto my waist and pushing me back smiling at my puppy dog eyes.

"Don't give me those!" He says and laughs. I laugh to and lace up his leather doublet for him. "I prayed to the maker last night." I say.

I can almost feel his shock. He knows I never pray. "I prayed for your return." I say. I've never prayed to the maker not once. But before I went to wine, I prayed to the Maker that he'd not let Lysandros die at Ostagar.

"Baby, look at me" Lysandros says. I keep my fingers working but I look up to his eyes. He cups both sides of my cheeks "I'm coming back and then we can go to Rivian and then I can marry you one day and then we start our own little family." Lysandros says. I smile.

Lysandros had given me a silver band with a sapphire jewel to match my other jewelry as a promise ring. The silver band is a dragon that wraps around my finger and in its mouth is a dazzling sapphire.

He moves his hands to my waist and keeps moving his hands as if trying to keep it in memory for later. "I think you would look good in blush." Lysandros says.

I raise a brow and am almost done with his doublet "Blush?" I ask. Lysandros nods "Yes. It would stand out against your pale skin, bring out your eyes, and your hair. I'm not one for fashion and I'm not Orelsian but I can tell that a see through blush gown would be nice." Lysandros says with a smirk.

"See through?" I ask and he chuckles "I didn't say it was for everyone to see." Lysandros says. My cheeks turn color and he laughs even more and kisses my cheek.

I finish his doublet and Lysandros quickly put on his boots. Then it's time to leave. When we're at the door of my chambers before I can open the door Lysandros pulls me in for a firey kiss and then grins at me "Lets go" he says.

We walk out and shut the door. I hear rush foot steps and see Hyde with his bow drawn in front of us. "King Murder!" He yells. The rest of the crew forms a circle around us, low confused murmurs begin.

"Hyde, what is this?" I ask.

He looks at me with a blaze in his eyes "You've been sleeping with a man who's about to kill King Calin! Step aside Cap, I don't want to hurt you." Hyde yells.

"Hyde? Stop this nonsense! Move out of the way I have a drop to take to Ostagar today!" I say. I hear Lysandros behind me already secretly ready to fight.

"You'll forgive me one day Cap" Hyde says and releases the arrow. I feel it scrape my arm and I hiss in pain. Not posioned as I had expected but that arrow pointed is dragon bone.

But I never hear the arrow make contact with my door. I turn around and Lysandros has the arrow sticking out of his chest, blood dripping from his mouth.

"NO!" I shriek. I catch Lysandros and gently lay him down. His blood is pooling around us already. "No, no, no, no, no, no! Please NO! I love you please don't leave me please!" I cry out tears streaming down my face I an barely see.

"I...love you to" Lysandros says and weakly holds my hand. "No, please! I love you, please don't leave me! Please what about Rivan what abot the future! I need you please! Lysandros..." I keep talking even when his grip is gone and a single tear leaves his eye. My Lysandros is dead.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85 25 16
In a city of magic, crime, and creatures of all kinds, three unlikely heroes are on a collision course. Meet V35PR, or Vesper, an artificial creatur...
759 7 44
Deep in the Alienage of Denerim, to a simple family was born an extraordinary girl. A girl who would one day save them all from the dark, horrendous...
192K 8.4K 33
(Book 1 in the 'Blood Drops' series) Five drops for the vampires who drink it. Four for the creatures who relish in it. Three for the strong who take...
240 21 27
#SHORTLISTED 2023 When Ixis became the second in command to the Throneholder of Opalis she expected rules, patrols and structure for her Fire Trait t...