The Founders Four

By Hadrius_Peverell

On a dark and stormy night, the staff and students of Hogwarts were taken by surprise when four mysterious fi... More

Chapter 01: Deep Magic
Chapter 02: Reactions
Chapter 03: Explanations
Chapter 04: Explanations II
Chapter 05: The New World
Chapter 06: Decisions
Chapter 07: Reflections
Chapter 08: A peek into the past
Chapter 09: Salazar's Tale
Chapter 10: Introductions
Chapter 11: Reactions and Q&A Session
Chapter 12: Chamber of Secret
Chapter 13: The Attack
Chapter 14: Healing and OMG
Chapter 16: The Request and the Test
Chapter 17: A little history lesson
Chapter 18: From Good to Worst I
Chapter 19: Unanticipated Revelations.
Chapter 20: It's Harry
Chapter 21: The anticipation
Chapter 22: Heir or not
Chapter 23: A trip to the Forest
Chapter 24: The War

Chapter 15: Don't do that to us

1K 54 4
By Hadrius_Peverell

"Hel, is he alright? Why is he not opening his eyes?"

Rowena could not help but ask this question after few hours had passed by and Salazar had yet to wake up.

History always portrayed Rowena Ravenclaw as a strict woman, whose only love was books and who would never let her hair loose. But that was far from reality. While Rowena did like her books and always put more emphasis on logic, she loved her friends to death and could not take it if any of them were hurt.

She could, of course, heal some minor wounds and brew some basic potions, but she was not an expert at healing magic or rituals. This was the reason that she was not sure how long it might take for Salazar to wake up. But she did remember the last time he had taken the curse upon himself and had collapsed; it only took him a couple of minutes to wake up. Although he had suffered with some after effects - he was weak for about a month and could not eat much. At that time he was physically exhausted from a battle and had taken the curse that was meant for Godric.

However, what worried her the most, was that as Hermione, she knew that Harry's body had never taken such a dark curse on itself and was worried if he would survive it and if so how much damage would he sustain. Her worries were growing by each passing moment and she felt as if she was losing Salazar again. And she was unable to do anything to help him.

On the other side Helga who was a healer in her own right was a novice when it came to ritualistic healing (Salazar had not taught her that!). Whilst she could assist Salazar and follow his orders she had no idea how things worked and when Salazar would open his eyes.

She knew how protective Rowena can get about her friends and can only imagine the distress and helplessness she might be feeling by her inability to help Salazar.

However the only reply she could give to Rowena's question was a very simple and short one: one that neither Rowena not Godric was going to like.

"I don't know Row, I don't know."

"What do you mean by that? You are supposed to be the healer here and you are telling us that you don't know when our friend would wake up? Can you at least tell us if he is alright?"

"Ric, I know how you are feeling but I am not an expert on the ritualistic healing and you know that. Till now I was only following Sal's instructions and he did not tell me anything more than that! And I cannot even cast the spell to know if he is alright or not! Because I remember Salazar telling me that casting such spells would be more harmful than anything. So, I don't know what to do Ric... I can only wait and see ... when he will wake up ... and he better wake up soon... or ... or I ... I will bring him back from the dead and hex every inch of him badly."

Helga's reply made Rowena and Godric wrap their arms around Helga to comfort her, as they knew how hard it must have been for her to see Salazar in this state.

Godric held Helga's shoulders and made her look at him.

"I am sorry for lashing out on you like that earlier"

"He will wake up soon won't he? I ... I swear I will listen to whatever he says and never threaten him or ... or fight with him but I can't lose him Ric, I ... I just can't lose him"
She hugged her brother and started weeping as the past memories of Salazar leaving her alone resurfaced in her mind; and every part of her was scared to face that again.

Godric held his sister in a tight embrace and with wet eyes prayed to whatever deity that was up there to just bring his friend back.

Rowena too could not control her tears but she decided not to come in between the two siblings and went near Salazar's bed and held his hand in hers as she sat on a wooden chair that she had just conjured.

In one corner of the room the other occupants of the infirmary were also anxiously waiting for Salazar to wake up.

Professors Flitwick, Sprout, Snape and McGonagall had gone back to take care of the things in the school (although Snape was very reluctant to do so but the Headmaster reminded him that he was needed back in the school, and so he went);the Weasleys had also gone back to The Burrow so that Mr Weasley could get some rest.

However the Marauders and Lily could not find it in themselves to leave the man who had (as it seemed) risked his life to save Sirius; and go back to their lives. They were in shock to know that the notorious Salazar Slytherin had gone out of his way and not only protected them from the Death Eaters but had also taken a deadly curse on himself. They also knew that Salazar Slytherin knew the result of such an action - if the reaction of other founders, before Salazar went through with his plan, was anything to go by. Begrudgingly all their previous prejudices against the notorious founder were gone and they had grown to respect the person that he was. They were also very worried for him and confused. They didn't know why but as they saw Salazar lying on the bed, pale and weak, they felt as if someone very dear to them was lying there.

This was the emotion that confused them the most, but they reasoned that it was because Salazar had saved one of them, that they felt so bad; and they refused to think about anything else as they watched the founder of Hufflepuff house have a break down at the thought of losing Slytherin.

The Headmaster was also sitting on one of the fluffy armchairs that he had transfigured (and it was surprisingly plain without the usual outrageous design on it). Although he appeared to be relaxed in his seat, he was very worried for the health of the young man currently laying on one the beds.

He knew that the Sicco curse kills and was intrigued when he learnt that Salazar was going to save Sirius. He of course knew that as Harry he must have been close to Sirius but was surprised at the emotion behind his voice when he told the other founders how he would not allow Sirius to die when there was something he can do about it.

Now as he sat there and observed the Marauders and Lily's reaction to the young man he wondered if he should let them know about the reality of the four (supposed) founders. He wondered if after knowing the truth they will accept the young Salazar as their son.

As he mulled over the idea while observing the Marauders and Lily he could see that their hatred for the man was gone and that they were seeing him for what the man really was rather than being blinded by the notoriety of name of Salazar Slytherin.

If he was to admit the truth to himself, he was also a bit wary of the notorious founder. However, after learning and being convinced that they were not the founders but their reincarnations, he had observed the interactions between the four. What he saw there was that even after the supposed historic fight between the two male founders, Salazar Slytherin was still the spokesperson of the group and Godric Gryffindor did not seem to mind that in the least or have any enmity against Slytherin.

This suggested that the history was not entirely correct and there certainly was something that was missing. His theory was proven correct by the day's events and young Harry's actions.

Now he only hoped that Salazar would wake up and recover soon so that he could get to know the person better and also discuss the situation of Voldemort with him.

Another thing that proved that the history books were inaccurate was the reactions of the other founders. He could see from the way that the other three founders were crying (or had moist eyes in Godric's case) that they must be reliving the time when Slytherin had left them. But the question was why had he done so? Was there really a fight between the two founders? If so, was it really big enough for Slytherin to desert his friends, his wife (and possibly his children) as well? He didn't think so. Then what had prompted the history books to write about Slytherin's departure and the fight? He also wondered that if the history books were wrong about that, then, what else were they wrong about? Was Salazar Slytherin a dark wizard? Or was that also a creation of the history writers?

So many similar thoughts were going around in the mind of the Headmaster and he finally decided that time will only tell what was right but he was sure to get to know the Slytherin founder more closely.

While the Headmaster was busy observing the reactions of the other founders and mulling over the character of Salazar Slytherin, Helga had stopped crying and was now sitting near Salazar's bed and holding his free hand, while Godric was standing behind her and offering her silent support whilst waiting for his friend to wake up.

"You better wake up soon Salazar Slytherin. You cannot leave us like this. See what you have done. You have made Helga cry. How could you? Do you know how she might be feeling to see you like this? How we all are feeling? How could you make us go through this? We told you not to do that! But no, you just cannot listen now can you, Salazar Slytherin? You just have to go ahead and do what you want to. You never think about us do you? You never think about our feelings when you put yourself in danger like this. Did you even think for a second about Helga or Ric or even me before you decided to play with your life like that? Did you think what would happen to us if ... if something happened to you? Did you..."

However Rowena's speech was interrupted by a low voice coming from the young man on the bed

"Relax Row, one measly little curse cannot kill me. You should know that better than anyone."

This little sentence from Salazar was enough to get everyone in the room on their feet. But before anyone could do anything Salazar was engulfed into a tight embrace by a tearful Rowena.

"Don't you ever do that to us again Sal, we can't lose you again I can't lose my best friend and honorary brother again."

She came out of hug and said the next sentence with a scowl on her face "do you understand that Salazar Slytherin?" although her wet eyes ruined the effect of it

"Yes ma'am" Salazar immediately agreed to it as he knew that arguing with her now was futile.

However just as he agreed to it he felt Godric and Rowena smack both his shoulders from either side.

"Oww! What was that for? Is that how you treat a sick person?"

"That was for making Helga cry!" was the only angry response he got from Godric

This made Salazar turn to Helga. The sight of her fearful wet eyes and messy hair made Salazar's heart twist in agony and he motioned her to come closer.

It was as if that was all she needed and she threw herself at him and hugged him as if her life depended on it. Tears of relief were pouring out of her eyes.

Salazar held her for some time and kept whispering sweet nothings in her ears.

After a while she came out of the embrace and cast some diagnosis charms on him. After being satisfied of his health she gave him a few health potions and told him that he needs to rest for the day and keep taking the potions for the rest of the week.

He agreed to all of it without any protests as he knew how much this incident had affected her and all his friends.

The Marauders, Lily and Dumbledore felt relief wash over them as they saw that Salazar had finally opened his eyes. However the next incident surprised them the most, they always thought that Salazar was the least liked member of the four and that the two ladies were more attached to the founder of Gryffindor house rather than Slytherin house. It wasn't as if they had seen them for the first time but believe it or not they had met them less than 24 hours before and the shock of having the Founders between them was too much for them to notice anything else before this. But the sight of Lady Ravenclaw and not Lady Hufflepuff (who was Salazar's wife) being the first one to hug Salazar to death broke their misconception of Gryffindor being the ladies' man.

They did not hear what Lady Ravenclaw told Salazar but they did see her trying to intimidate him after she broke apart and they all had a soft smile on their face at the display of their true friendship.

After a while, when Lady Hufflepuff broke their embrace, the five people from this dimension started approaching the young founders.

As they approached Dumbledore took the lead

"It is good to see that you are awake, Lord Slytherin, How are you feeling."

"Headmaster," Salazar said with a nod. "I am fine, thank you. I hope your professor is not hurt, I am sorry I did not catch your name Professor?"

Saying so Salazar looked at Sirius,

"Black, Professor Sirius Black, Lord Slytherin, and thank you... thank you so much for saving my life I don't know what else to say. I mean ... I ... Are you ok?"

Salazar smiled softly

"I am fine ..."

"Define 'fine'"

Salazar looked at Godric after his question and smirked slightly whilst replying

"I stand corrected. I have been better but nothing bad to worry about. I should be back to normal by tomorrow morning. Then Godric you can test me and see I am telling the truth or not."

"I will take you up on that then Sal"

Dumbledore was watching this conversation with some amusement

"It is good to see you well after the curse you took on yourself Lord Slytherin, and I would like it very much if you could share the events of the night with me. However, I would not ask that of you for now. As for now you need to take some rest."

"Of course Professor, shall we meet in your office after breakfast tomorrow?"

"That is acceptable, thank you. We shall allow you to rest now. However, I am afraid that we would have to ask one of you to escort us out"

"Of course, Headmaster I will escort you to the main door."

"Thank you Lord Gryffindor."

Saying that Godric escorted the Headmaster, Marauders and Lily out of the Chambers whilst the two witches made sure that Salazar took some rest, much to Salazar's dismay.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 49 43
The lives of the Four Founders of the legendary school of Hogwarts has remained a mystery - until now. This story follows the founders as they meet f...
8.7K 197 31
Harry Potter has defeated the Dark Lord, Voldemort and is ready to move on from the war. However, Harry is given the responsibility of raising his go...
3K 124 25
From archive of our own The description Harry spends the whole summer before fourth year feeling restless. He chalks it up to the weird dreams he's b...
41.4K 1.3K 26
"OBLIVIATE!" Lockheart bellowed, pointing the taped up wand at the one Harry Potter and Ron Weasley. A flash of memories sped through Harry's eye's...