Ordinary Human Beings

De salemmiles_

***NOW AN E-BOOK AND PAPERBACK AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE ON BARNES AND NOBLE** "This year was supposed to be abo... Mai multe

ANNOUNCEMENT
2: Really Hot Stranger Isn't Such A Stranger Anymore
3: On Tuesdays, We Cause Trouble
4: Happiness or Homework? You Can't Have Both
5: Just Mind Your Business Next Time
6: FBI Things
7: 7 Minutes In Heaven...Or Hell?
8: Let The Games Begin
9: Girlfriend Olympics
10: Let's Try Things Differently
11: Kendall and The Kitty Kats
12: Right Down The Line
13: The Modern Day Beethoven
14: First Come, First Serve
15: Stay
16: Kendall's Got A Crush
17: Friend Zoned? More Like Human Zoned
18: Camping Is For Losers
19: King Kennie
20: Ashnikko Is A Literary Genius
21: I Don't Think She's Faking It Anymore
22: Guess She Is
23: Debate Sucks Anyway
24: Sour Seventeen
25:Closeted...Kind Of
26: One Year Older, One Year Quieter
27: Bi Panic
28: Remember That Night
29: Sleeping Dogs Can Never Lie For Long
30: War Always Gets Ugly
31: Midnight Love
32: Crimson and Clover
33: This Is How You Fall In Love
34: Let My Baby Stay
35: Room-mates Don't Kiss
36: I Thought I Knew You
37: When Shit Hits The Fan
38: Safe With Me
39: Prefects of 2026
40: Breaking News! My Girlfriend Loves Me Back.
Final Author's Note
We're Still Human- Chapter 1
Sequel Out Now!

1: Breaking News! My Girlfriend's An Arse!

1K 48 8
De salemmiles_

New Year's Eve is just meant for heartbreak.

Watching Liliana skip away as the clock neared 12 broke my heart. But watching her get into the arms of another threw my broken heart into the shredder and then lastly the disintegrator. And not just any girl as a matter of fact; She got into the arms of my ex best friend. Great.

Not only did Sofia steal my flow, she stole my girl too.

I walked over to the far end of the field, vigorously avoiding couples kissing and making out. I stopped and saw Kaitlyn making out with her boyfriend, parting briefly and giving me the finger before continuing again. I sighed, crouching down as I tried to hide my embarrassment from Kaitlyn, who was busy sucking the face off of her lover. That could've been me right now. It should've been me. But hey, relationships aren't for everyone.

Or maybe they're just not for me right now.

"Maybe I'm just meant to die alone," I said, moving away from another couple, downing the rest of the alcohol. I looked at the empty cup in disappointment, throwing it to the ground. "Can this year get any worse?"

"Watch where you're going!"

A girl bumped into me, dropping her popcorn. We both cursed as the kernels littered the green lawn, our eyes glued to the ground. She clicked her tongue at me while crouching, trying to get some of the popcorn back into the bag. Unsuccessful, she stood up, throwing the stray popcorn kernel she forgot to put back.

"Not the popcorn, that was the only thing keeping me sane," She groaned, and then looked up to glare at me. "Have you ever heard of walking properly?"

"Have you ever heard of minding your own business?" I scoffed, fixing my jeans. "I was about to say sorry but I guess you don't need one, your popcorn took that fall for you."

"I paid $3.99 for that, you know," she muttered. "The least you could do is apologise, or even get me some more."

"I don't have that kind of money."

"You don't have four dollars?"

"I told you I don't have that kind of money, can you get a grip on yourself?" I retorted.

"And I do? Have you looked at me?"

And that's when I actually did look at her.

Her skin was copper brown, like a windfall autumn leaf. She had dazzling, walnut brown eyes and half moon cheekbones. Her hair was coral black, and crashed over her shoulders, curls tight and bouncy. She had pouty, two toned lips that looked softer than my mom's marshmallows at the local bakery she owns here in Willowvale. To avoid staring at her face too much, I looked at her outfit to distract me from her smouldering beauty.

And her outfit just stunned me even more.

She had a pair of black shorts and a white vest on, a leather jacket paired on top. I looked down at her feet and noticed her black combat boots, her white socks soaring a little above the shoes as if asking to be seen.  I continued to stare at her outfit before she snapped her fingers at me.

"My eyes are up here, kid." She waved a hand in my face, and I stared into her eyes, watching her thick bushy eyebrows furrow a bit.

"Right, I'm sorry." Trying to step up my non-existent game, I took a step towards her, but she took one back, holding her hands up.

"Hey, you're still a stranger and you look like you're about to abduct me. Back up," she said, taking out her phone.

"I'm Kendall, I guess we aren't strangers anymore?" I tried winking, but it must have been terrible because she stifled a laugh.

"Yasmina, not really nice to meet you but hey, shit happens." She smiled, checking her phone. "Crap."

"What? Are your friends calling you or something?" I asked, secretly wishing that she didn't have to go.

“Moved here a month ago, do you really think I’ve made any solid friends yet?” she asked, putting her phone back in her pocket.

“You never know anymore, people are weird.” I shrugged. "The year is literally almost over and I just got dogged out by two of the people I thought I could trust."

She frowned. "Sorry man, happens to the best of us, I guess?"

"Has it happened to you?"

"I don't think I should be sharing that with you," she said, looking behind her. "Are you going to the front? I'm sure you'd want to see the fireworks first hand."

"I'm not interested."

"It's almost 2025, dude, come on, it's just the fireworks that we have to see," urged Yasmina. "The countdown is about to begin, too."

"How can you tell?"

"10! 9! 8–"

"That's how." She smirked, taking my hand. "Come on, let's get closer to the front."

"I can't. I'm single and everyone's kissing each other. Plus, the view of the fireworks is lit here. Wait and see," I replied, pulling her a little too hard, making her get so close that I could feel her warmth as she collided into my body.

"I'm so sorry, it was an accident," I stuttered, avoiding eye contact. "I'm so fucking sorry—"

She reached for my hand, squeezing it a bit as a small smike graced her face. "It's alright, it was an accident."

The countdown went on long enough, but I don't think Yasmina and I cared. She tensed up a little as I tried to hold  her, her eyes drifting from my eyes to my lips. She quickly looked behind me, and chuckled.

"Hey, are those your friends? They're watching you." She grinned, and I turned back to see Sofia and Liliana staring at us, a curious gaze etched upon their faces.

"No, they aren't…well, it's a long story—"

"You can tell me your sad story later, the new year is about to start anyway," she muttered, placing her hands on my cheeks. "Guess you won't have to worry about a kiss."

"Why–"

Yasmina leaned in and placed her lips on mine slowly as my hands found their way to her waist. Her bottom lip was quivering, and I tried to reassure her by tightening my grip on her waist and absorbing myself into the kiss, standing on my tiptoes so that she wouldn't have to bend down as much. She pushed my hair back gently and her hands began to slide down from the nape of my neck to my spine, caressing me as I melted into her even more. The fireworks sounded in the background, and I completely forgot about Liliana. This stranger was legitimately giving me the best kiss I had received in months. It felt like magic, like the world stopped right then and there. It was everything I could ask for and more.
Or maybe it's the alcohol talking.

"Happy New Year!"

We pulled away from each other, breathing heavily. Her eyes widened and she took two steps back, her mouth agape as the realization settled in her mind. I, on the other hand, licked my lips while chuckling, thanking God for my lucky stars. Heartbroken and kissed on the same day? You'd think I was writing the script to a new Hallmark movie.

"Did I just make out with a total fucking stranger?" She shook her head vigorously.

"A hot stranger, if I may add," I joked, and she sighed, walking away from me. "Hey! I didn't even get your number!"

She disappeared into the crowd like dust, probably ashamed of what just happened. If she's as straight as a pole then I'd understand her shock, but if she's just like me, then it's just another Tuesday. Sorry, I meant Wednesday. Forgot we're in a new year now.

"Don't worry bro, you'll get her next time." Some dude tapped  hit my back. "Other than that, that was the hottest kiss I've ever seen."

"Were you watching me make out with her?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Only after the new year shouting gig, you two made out for a hot minute!" He hollered. "Is she your ex or some shit? Because she took that opportunity and really went in."

"No," I answered, looking over the excited crowds.

"Oh, let me guess; your best friend? That would be so sick!"

"I wish," I muttered, the sterling realization that I may never see Yasmina again. "She's just a really hot stranger that left me after our New Year's kiss."

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

554K 15.2K 21
Ever since her Freshman year in High School Colby was the outcast. She was most likely the most hated and unwanted girl at school. Why? Because she w...
500K 20.3K 39
I glanced down to her lips but then I scooted away while clearing my throat. She hmm'd, "You tried to kiss me again." I shook my head and said "Nope...
353K 8.6K 42
The plan for Veronica's junior year was simple: Go on a date, get a boyfriend, fall in love, live happily ever after. Unfortunately, that plan went...