Hourglass [Quintessential Qui...

Galing kay Kiriyarin_

Each of them has their own stories, their own choices. A lot of new characters, new choices and new events, t... Higit pa

Chapter 1 - White Memory
Chapter 2 - The Beyond
Chapter 3 - Trouble Divided Into Five
Chapter 4 - Butterfly Effect
Chapter 5 - Stars Collide
Chapter 6 - Reflection
Chapter 7 - Encounter
Chapter 8 - All Sides
Chapter 9 - Trickster (Ⅰ)
Chapter 10 - Trickster (Ⅱ)
Chapter 11 - Preliminary
Valentine Special - Foudre
Chapter 12 - Ignite
Chapter 13 - Crisis Management
Chapter 15 - Promise
Chapter 16 - Echoes of Betrayal
Chapter 17 - Confession and the Charming Maid (Ⅰ)
Chapter 18 - Emotions and the Forgiven Maid (Ⅱ)
Chapter 19 - Trouble in Paradise (Ⅲ)
Chapter 20 - Cast Away (Ⅳ)
Interlude Chapter - Friends All Over the World
Chapter 21 - Queen of Hearts (Ⅴ)
Chapter 22 - New Beginnings ( Ⅵ )
Chapter 23 - Someday in the Rain
Chapter 24 - Make a Spell
Chapter 25 - Darkness Falls, a Star Is Born
Chapter 26 - Calamity Fortune
Chapter 27 - Tales of Snow
Chapter 28 - The Melancholy of Nakano Nino
Chapter 29 - Lost & Found
Chapter 30 - Break a Spell (Ⅰ)
Chapter 31 - Break a Spell (ⅠⅠ)
Chapter 32 - Connection
Chapter 33 - Operation: True Love
Chapter 34 - A Few Mistakes Ago
Chapter 35 - Dandelions
Chapter 36 - Heartstrings
Chapter 37 - Through Rose-Colored Glasses
[Part 1 Finale] Chapter 38 - For Whom the Bells Toll
Chapter 39 - Begin the Offensive
Chapter 40 - Roll Like We Used To
Interlude Chapter - Whims of Fate (I)
Chapter 41 - The ABC's of Live
Chapter 42 - Trouble Multiplied By Five
Chapter 43 - Calliope (I)
To You, The Worthless Excuse
To You, The Absolutely Worthless Excuse
To You, Who Awaits The Snowmelt
To You, What Hidden Behind Your Eyelids

Chapter 14 - Siren's Song

426 12 0
Galing kay Kiriyarin_

Itsuki's POV:

Have you ever felt like your heart was going to explode? Emotions that you used to deny are instantly attacking the walls of your heart? Those feelings that soften your heart like cotton candy...

Twice. He came to my room, twice. And each time he found a way to get me out of my dilemma.  He was always there that day at the mall, and during my precious time at the festival. Ichika and Nino are used to dealing with situations like these. All the boys used to crowd around those two at our previous schools because they were always prettiest.

This is the first time I've ever experienced something like.Every time I see those silky blonde hair, those eyes bluer than the sea, every time they look at me, all my time stops.

But I'm not the only one to notice this... Almost all the girls at school have their eyes on him, Yotsuba told me about how he reject all those girls. I want to get close to him but... what if I end up the same? He's downstairs alone right now, this is my only chance to talk to him alone.

''AHH! Mochi, what should I do?''

I lay down on my bed, taking the plush panda on my bed in my arms. ''Normally, I should have been the one to protect this family...Mochi.''

It's true that Nino is biased against men, but she's actually the softest of us... That's why I was taking on her task, but I failed. I told him to wait for me downstairs, but I'm scared. What if what I want doesn't happen, what if I end up like other girls?

''Mmmmm...! Mochi help me out a little.'' I squeezed the plush panda straight to my face and screamed ''AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!''

Uesugi is whatever, I can handle that loser. But Asuka is another matter, I tried. I tried to feel for him the same feelings that I had for Uesugi, but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't. Didn't I succeed? Or did I just not want to succeed? Whatever the answer is now... I failed to hate him.

''...This panda... smells like him. Soft...and warm. I shouldn't keep him waiting downstairs any longer.'' 

The girls and Uesugi-kun must have slept by now, I got up from my bed and went down. 

He was there and hadn't slept yet. Asuka was staring out the living room window at the city view, something I do on my own. You'll be shocked at how beautiful the night view is from the thirtieth floor.

Oh my...did God spill an entire bottle of beauty potion or something when he created Asuka?! I mean holy shit, I'm a girl and he is even more beautiful than me!

''Did I keep you waiting too long?'' I said.

''No no, I was just lost in the cityscape.''

''Don't you have such a view in your home?'' I took a few steps and came to Asuka's side, now side by side. I hope my heartbeat isn't too loud or anything...

''I live in a family house, not used to such high places.''

''Hehe~ Don't tell me you're afraid of heights.''

''O-of course not! Hear your words, geez!'' Asuka is so cute when he panics, I can already see the embarrasement on his cheeks.

''Huh huh, If you say so~~''

Asuka sighed in defeat as he continued watching the night and bright city. When the moonlight shone on us, I saw the scar on Asuka's forehead. It must be the wound I caused during the festival; it's starting to heal, but it seems to be scarred for the near future...

''I'm sorry...again.'' I mumbled softly.

''Excuse me?''

''Your forehead...''

Asuka touches his forehead with index finger and giggles ''I told you it wasn't important, didn't I? In many ways, you made that an unforgettable experience for me.''

''What did your parents say about...it?''

''Nothing. They don't know.'' Asuka looked at me with a calm smile, his eyes seriously seeming to suck me in. ''I live alone.''

''Alone?!...''

''My parents and I decided to live in separate homes when I started high school. I've never had a comfortable environment in my family home, so I left.''

This...it's the opposite of what we've been through. We had to live alone, but he chose to live alone.

''All this loneliness...How do you manage? Getting used to being alone...'' The presence of my sisters is the only thing keeping me sane in this house. I'm truly grateful for them.

''I was never alone.''

''What do you mean?''

''I have friends. Fuutarou, Kazu-chin and more than I can count. All the things that hold me together...''

''They're both weird people.''

''Ahahahaha~'' Asuka laughed lightly, even the tone of his voice prevents me from thinking properly. ''Both are good people, they always supported me in my hard times. Besides, I would never have found the brightest star without Fuutarou.''

''The brightest star?''

''You.'' Asuka pointed my star-shaped hairclips and winked.

''Hey...!!!'' OMFG! what's wrong with this kid, I can barely contain myself and on top of that, he's putting me in an even tougher situation. My cheeks is burning as fuck, my lips are already starting to tremble.

''Dummy...'' I hit his shoulder lightly.

He giggled as he turned his gaze to me and rubbed the spot where I had hit.

''You told me to wait for you, didn't you? Do you have anything to say to me?''

No. I don't even know if I told you that. I just wanted to be alone, with you. It's so hard to talk to you when others are around.

''I just...wanted to talk.''

I hugged his arm quickly, I want to feel him as much as possible. Suddenly I felt soft touches holding me on both shoulders. They're warm, like they're made of cotton.

''Remember a few hours ago?'' I said.

''When we play Game of Life?''

*nod* ''When you show your childhood photo...''

''Ha...N-nevermind that, I made a bad mistake back then.''

''I was embarrassed to say it as other people were around... I think you look amazing at that time.'' Now too...

Asuka is blushing pink, and I can see that he is embarrassed. It's really a sight to see in return for all the bravery I've needed to be able to have this conversation right fucking now. Gosh... I'm hugging his arms tighter.

''If the others see us, they'll misunderstand...'' He said.

''That will not be a problem since they'll never wake up. Actually, I'm the one who wakes them out of bed in the morning, hehe.''

''I see; then it's going to be a long night. Would you like some coffee?''

''That would be wonderful...thank you Asuka.'' I still can't get used to calling him by his first name. I swear every time, it becomes more embarrassing.

Asuka let go of my shoulders and smiled at me. He leaves me by and goes to the kitchen, but on the way he looked to me.

''Itsuki, would you like something to eat too?''

''A-ah, n-no, I'm fine! Coffee is eno—*growl*'' !!! My talk was cut short by a rumbling from my stomach. WHY THE HELL NOW? NO, AHH!

Asuka must have heard the sound. He covered his mouth with his hand to keep from laughing. Someone kill me, my god...

''Okay okay, I'll find something too eat, Eatsuki~''

.

.

.

Asuka's POV:

''I still have what I got from the bakery...That should do it.''

Thank god, Yotsuba didn't eat all of them. Itsuki is waiting for me while sitting on a couch. She looks sweet as always, this is the only time we can talk properly. It's almost midnight, but she's still not wearing her PJ, was she waiting for me?

''Coffee and cookies, That's all I could find.''

''T-thanks!'' Itsuki took the cookies from my hand and started nibbling. She looks like a little mouse. ''These are good...! *munch munch*''

I sat next to Itsuki, there is an embarrassing silence between us. What the fuck someone can talk about in such situations?

''...''

''...''

''Pfft—! Ahahahaha!...''

''W-wha! What's so funny Asuka?!''

''It just felt weird standing there like that. It's almost midnight already.'' I reached for the blanket nearby and draped it over Itsuki's shoulders. "Be careful..."

Itsuki hugged the blanket tightly around her shoulders, offering me a grateful smile in return. But even as she did, I could sense that she had something on her mind, something she wanted to express.

She glanced at me, her expression hesitant, as if she was debating whether or not to speak up.

''Are the rumors true?''

''Rumors?...''

''That you enjoy breaking girls' hearts at school...''

''What the hell are you saying! Where did this come from?!''

''You're so popular at school; even in my class, there are girls who want to talk to you. But they're all afraid; you've rejected dozens of woman and they say you enjoy it.''

As I sat there, I realized that I had gained a reputation as a heartbreaker, a terrible person. Itsuki was looking at me with a frightened expression, her grip on the blanket around her tightening. It was as if she was silently pleading with me to deny the rumors and tell her that it wasn't true.

''True.''

Itsuki's eyes widened as she began to tremble. She couldn't choose her words properly and had trouble speaking. I'm used to this reaction... It's the same reaction that every girl I've destroyed their hopes gives, every time. But I'm not done with what I have to say yet, not this time;

''At least some of it...''

I took a deep breath, I wonder how long I've been waiting to have this conversation?

''The same situation since middle school where girls I've never met before ask me out because of my looks. I get dragged into empty parts of the school without even realizing it, and then the same scenario plays out every single time. They say they like me, but they never consider how I feel... I want to push them away as politely as possible, but it's not always that simple. Itsuki, you know me well enough. Do you think I look like someone who would enjoy hurting people's feelings?

''N-no...I don't think something l-like that...''

''Just I don't know... I've never had a relationship before, even if I had a girlfriend, I wouldn't have the slightest idea what to do. While I may seem like an experienced person, I'm probably one of the most ignorant about girls in this world, hehe~ (If you don't count all kinds of Date Sims I played like 1,000 hours)

''I absolutely disagree!'' Itsuki raised her voice tone and looked directly into my eyes. ''I never thought you were a bad person. All those rumors about you just scared me. Those girls don't think about your feelings at all, it's true. I realized that you're actually a wonderful person after spending time with you. Unlike Uesugi-kun.''

''Fuutarou? He also has his own story to be here.''

''Like what? Taking our lives out by being a complete asshole?''

''...I was supposed to keep it a secret but...Fuutarou's family is in poverty. You met with Raiha-chan right? She takes care of her family's cooking along with her school. This puts a serious burden on that girl, Fuutarou took the job not because he wants to mess with you girls. It was to lighten Raiha-chan's burden a little. Isanari-san and Fuutarou even though they have jobs, they do everything they can to take care of their homes. I even offered to give Fuutarou the money I earned from this tutoring thing. Yet, he refused it.''

''I didn't know that... Raiha-chan is such a sweet girl, I wouldn't have thought that she went through all this."

Itsuki took a deep breath and sharpen the look on her eyes towards mine.

"What about you? Why are you here?''

''To be honest, I have no idea either. Money is trully a booster for me but I don't think It's the reason. Maybe I found the family atmosphere I lost here. Maybe it's really just for the money. If I'm only here for money, what will you do? Are you going to deny and ignore me like Fuutarou?''

''Never!'' Itsuki almost screamed, even I got scared for a moment, geez. Then Itsuki took a sip from the coffee I prepared and kept talking. ''You're so different from him. Even if you say that you're only doing this for money, I won't believe you. After all the things you've helped me , someone who works for money would never act like that...''

Even I don't know why I'm here, how come you're so sure I'm not a bad person?

The clock on the wall has already struck midnight, signaling the start of a new day and we're talking in the living room with coffee in our hands. About the cookies... Itsuki has already devoured and annihilated them all.

''Am I supposed to understand from this that you trust me?'' I sipped from my coffee as I let it out a giggle. Bitter, but there is a soft side inside.

''Of course I do. This isn't up for debate, everyone here is counting on you.''

I can feel each beat of my heart thumping in my chest. My brain producing an excess of hormones and my breathing becoming labored with every passing second. Every time I look at her, a sense of fear grips me, like a monster is waiting to emerge. I find myself tightening my grip on the coffee cup in my hand, desperately trying to hold on to some sense of control.

''...!''

Itsuki suddenly hugged me along with the blanket, putting her head on my chest.

''I can hear them...your heartbeats. Sounds like music to my ears.''

I feel the familiar scent of her perfume and shampoo again. When was the last time I felt so comfortable around a girl? I can't even remember.

''Asuka...'' I hear her soft mumbling on my chest, I gently touched her cheek to warn her.

''It's not good for you to fall asleep here, you'll catch cold.'' Besides, it wouldn't do any good for my weak heart if you to fall asleep like this.

''Just a bit more...then I'll go to my room.'' She leans to my chest even harder, I can feel the softness of her chest even I don't want to. God, I'm thinking like a complete pervert.

We just stood there for a while without saying anything. I can feel every breath she takes, peaceful and slow. But it's dangerous for her to stay here; if somebody sees us, it'll almost certainly be the end of me.

I gently held her by the shoulders and shook her. If she sleeps here, I'll have to carry him to her room. It wouldn't be a problem; in fact, I'd gladly do it, but now isn't the time.

''Itsuki, come on. You must go to your room. You haven't even changed into your PJ's yet.'' I booped her cheek and giggle.

''Awgh~'' She yawned and then look at me with a shy look on her eyes. ''Midnight already? You're right, right...''

Itsuki tossed the blanket off of her and stood up. She then turned to face me and smiled. Believe me, this may be the best view I've seen in a few years.

''Asuka, goodnight~''

Before I could even react, Itsuki leaned towards me and kissed my cheek.

''H-ha...'' My face must be like a tomato right now, I wish I had a mirror. Itsuki took a few steps back and smiled at me with all her beauty. Then she winked at me and ran to her room, disappearing from my sight.

''I-I...'' I want to scream. I want to scream so bad. But I'm not alone in this house, I'm holding myself back. I can't tell you what that feeling feels like, but I don't even think I can think straight right now or any power left in me to create proper sentances.

I let this night end like this.

[ Next Morning ]

''Hurry up! We're gonna be late!''

Ouch! Stop screaming! I can hear every sound in the house since I'm laying on the couch. Even though I'm already half awake and yet wrapped in blankets, I'm trying to act as I was sleeping. Truth? I couldn't sleep for a second last night. I just lay there with my eyes closed until morning came.

The quintuplets must have overslept, as there is now a big fuss in the house. The first lesson is history, so I honestly don't give a fuck. I need rest...and some proper time to think.

''Itsuki, you were supposed to wake us up, mou!'' Nino was running around the house, as if she is looking for something. ''The hell, where is my uniform?''

''Aren't we going to have breakfast?!'' Yotsuba dashed out of her room, she was already prepared for school day. She looks better than yesterday, I need to talk to her about yesterday, later...

''Are you serious?!'' Nino was still trying to find her school uniform inside her room, I can hear the voices. Not the ones in my head. ''Even if we leave now, we won't be able to make it in time!''

''Sorry! I didn't sleep much last night!'' That sound that strangely set my heart on fire. Pfft, no wonder why you couldn't sleep last night.

''Ichika get out of the shower already!''

''Hehe, wait a little longer.''

So this is what happens to quintuplets in the morning. It's pure chaos everywhere, fortunately I can get out of it by pretending to be asleep. Why didn't they wake me up anyway?

''Have you girls seen Fuutarou? He was supposed to be staying in my room.'' Miku joined the conversation. Like Yotsuba, she was already prepared to go. As far as I can see Ichika, Itsuki and Nino aren't morning people. Especially Ichika.

If I had to describe Ichika's room. I would probably call it a war crime. Believe me, if I did a little research, I'm sure I'd find the bodies of some Soviet Union agents under that mess. Fuutarou must've already left. I haven't seen him late for a single class since we started high school.

''That idiot already left.'' Nino said.

Bingo.

Thus the noise continued for several minutes. I can hear footsteps running all over the house with my eyes closed. Holy shit, are they energetic like this every morning? I'd probably even hibernate if I could.

''Yotsuba, Miku! Hurry up, we gotta leave!'' Nino shouted.

Others were already prepared in front of the door. Dude! Are you going to wake me up or what?

''We're here / I'm ready...'' Thus all five of them were standing in front of the front door, ready to leave. Me...? I'm still covered under blankets like a fucking buried corpse.

''Girls, hold up!'' Itsuki stopped them and all the girls looked at her. ''Aren't we going to wake up Asuka?...''

All the girls' eyes widened at once, as if they had forgotten I was here. Ouch, mah heart.

''Asuka-kun!''

Yotsuba called out my name from the front door. I guess this is my time to stand up. I don't wake up very well in the morning, but I think this won't cause much of a problem for girls.

''Ugh, morning already? Haaah~'' I carefully got off the couch and stretched. I don't have to let them know I'm awake.

''...!/...?!/ My my... /... /...!!!''

*5x Nosebleed*

''Good morning . You gals alright?''

''I-...'' Nino and Miku slapped their both cheeks with hands to focus. ''Asuka-kun, we need to leave now. We're already late.''

''Okay, there's no need to wait for me. I'm leaving soon but if you all wait for me, you'll definitely be late.''

''Then we're going first. See you in class, Asuka-kun.'' Yotsuba waved to me as all of them left the house.

I was home alone. To be honest, being alone in a house like this is interesting. But I don't have time to enjoy it. I need to get ready and head to school right now.

''Do I even have time for breakfast?...'' I mumbled.

''Asuka...''

''Hm?'' While I was thinking about what to do, a voice behind me shattered all my thoughts. ''Itsuki?''

She was just standing there right in front of the door, directly looking to me.

''Aren't you supposed to be in school?...''

''I said I forgot something and came back.'' Itsuki came to me right away, we both had pink dots on our faces. It must be an embarrassing moment for both of us...

''About last night...'' She mumbled.

''Y-yes?...''

''Nevermind...I told you I forgot something, didn't I?

''What did you forget? Maybe I can help you search.''

''This.''

Itsuki threw her bag on the couch and rushed over me.

She kissed my lips.

- - -

Author Note:

WOO, YEAH BABY! THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR! THAT'S WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!

Good days to you all, take care of yourself! And see you in the next chapters!

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

35.6K 1.3K 45
Y/N and Fuutarou were really down on their luck the past few months, with the Uesugi family having huge financial difficulty with an increasing amoun...
2.7K 93 9
"Can a withered, shriveled, crumpled old weed...be as beautiful as a rose? Or is that asking for too much...?" The Quintessential Quintuplets X Male...
81.8K 4.1K 28
i want to talk to you until there's nothing left to say. and then i want to show you the way i love you like everything but a friend. <꒱ ‧₊˚ ⋅ stol...
44.3K 585 24
Yuki was born in a rich family and has Quintuplet sisters but sadly he was thrown into a orphanage after they seen that he isn't a girl. Yuki had a r...