Colouring Outside The Lines

Von Penelope_Shuettez

Not all first loves are meant to be and not all "meant-to-be" couples end up together. Lucas and Quinn learnt... Mehr

Introduction
Playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36

Chapter 25

3 2 7
Von Penelope_Shuettez

DEMETRI

    Quinn remained silent the whole way down the elevator ride. Her heels clicked as we walked out of the elevator to the underground carpark. She walked ahead of me.

      "Dee!" I called out.

       "Si, I'm fine," She replied. Her face showed the opposite.

       "I just wanted to tell you that you look like an angry chipmunk," I said with a serious face despite saying it as a joke. 

        She looked like she didn't know what to say so she just smiled then laughed a bit.

       "Have I ever told you that I hate you Ted, realmente te odio," she said as I walked towards her. She sighed when I stood before her.

        "Listen-," I started but she cut me off.

         "Look, I'm not technically excited about this but I understand that it has to be done," She said,
        "I've worked in the industry and I've seen PRs do damage control so yes."

         "Well if we are being honest, it's the business world making this a big issue for you," I told her.

         "And your long line of wives and girlfriends," she added.
       I laughed a bit before she asked, "When are you two going public?" 

      "Possibly today, Dennis and Margie said they'd get back to us," I replied.

      "Um... Sorry to disturb," Tammy came, "Miss Montanari, we have to leave."

      "I'll see you later?" I said but it came out more of a question.

     "Si," She replied before we both engulfed each other in a hug, I placed a kiss on her forehead.

      "I'll drive your car back, You'll find Joel with the other one," Tammy said when we parted.

"Bye Tammy," I said to her.

"Bye Demetri," she replied with a smile.

       The two of them walked away but parted eventually because the cars were parked in different places.

     I went back inside to find Dennis. We waited for Royanne who was still in Lucas's office. When she arrived, we all headed out.

      "We'll have someone tip the paparazzi off. You two will answer the questions off record or not give an answer at all until later," Dennis instructed.

       "Just let us know where you are," Margie added, "Remember, you should 'accidentally' slip the truth out."

      Royanne and I both nodded as we got into my car. Dennis and Margie went towards his car.
      The two of us remained silent for a while after buckling our seatbelts.

       "Well this is a weird turn of events," I said, trying to break the ice.

      "Dude!" Royanne said, "You managed to bag Quinn Divina Montanari!"

       "You're like the tenth person to say that to me today," I groaned. I wish it were an exaggerated number but it wasn't.

       "Well yah.. She's like.. QUINN, and you're well... Twenty-one," she stated.

       "Thanks for the motivation," I said sarcastically while starting the car.

      "I was just kidding," She said with a little laugh, "Look, our situation is.. Terrible but hey, at least we aren't strangers."

     "I guess so," I replied as we joined the busy street.
      She was right though. At least Royanne and I got along so it would make this more bearable.

      We decided to go to Starbucks and tried to act as a not-so-couple-but-actually-a-couple.

      "I feel like her character is partly me," Royanne talked about the new series she was in and the character she was playing.
     We walked out of Starbucks and onto the streets for a walk.

     "Nah, she sounds way hotter than you," I joked. To which she hit my arm.

      "Sleep with both eyes open tonight Othonos,", she warned.
     "I feel like I'll be hated by most of the female population soon."

     "Why?" I asked while sipping my drink.

     "Firstly, I'm 'dating' famous basketball player, Demetri Lycan Othonos," She said,
      "And I'm co-starring Hollywood's golden boy, Tyler Carter."

       I laughed. So she was Tyler's co-star. I couldn't wait to see his face when he realized his new damsel was my 'girlfriend'. He invited me on set the following week.

      "Oh my gosh! Demetri Lycan Othonos!" someone exclaimed.

      "Yah, we gotta go," I said, got Royanne's hand and we hurried down the streets.
       We did bump into the paparazzi at a point but we escaped.

     The two of us laughed as we escaped into an alley and sat by a hidden emergency staircase.

      "With all this we're doing, I think I'll just become an actor," I joked.

      "You really like Quinn huh?" she asked after sometime.

       "I do, same with you and Lucas?" I asked to which she nodded in reply.

      "A toast to liking exs!" She joked, making us both laugh.
       She was crazy but also a really good friend.

       We even had a call with Layla, who was in Vietnam.

       "So I'm gone for a little bit and rumors about you and Lucas come out, then you steal my boyfriend. Wow Royanne, fake friend much!" Layla joked and fake cried dramatically.

       "I guess he prefers Dancers to Models," Royanne teased.

        "I'll get you for that. I'm returning soon and I'll get Demetri back," Layla stated.

       "Demetri is right here," I said.

      "Exactly what's making talking about you fun," Royanne said and I tugged on her braids.

      "Anyway, I have to go, bye guys," Layla said, we said bye and she cut the call.

       Royanne then pulled the ends of my cornrows. I was about to react when I heard the shutter of a camera. They'd found our hiding spot. Soon most of them came.

     "Just a statement."

      "Do you have anything to say about the speculations?"

      "That they are just spectaculations," I replied, "Can't people just hang out as friends."

      "Are you talking about you and Royanne or You and Quinn Montanari?"

      "Sources say-" another one continued

       "Sources say crap sometimes," Royanne said.

        "Is that you or the pregnancy hormones from Lucas's baby speaking?" a cocky one said.

      They kept pressing it and Royanne looked to be getting even more irritated.

       "Listen, we really have nothing to say. We have somewhere to be," I started,
      "So please keep those rumors to yourselves because my girlfriend isn't pregnant for anyone. "

QUINN

         I got into the car after saying goodbye to Demetri and Tammy. I began buckling up in the backseat. 

      "Hola Joel," I said to my driver without looking up, "To Lorayne & Co."

     "Great to see you signora," He replied. But it wasn't Joel.
     I looked to find Darius, my father's right hand man, in the driver's seat.

      "High jacking my car now?" I asked.

     He just chuckled and started the car.

     "I assume you enjoyed your birthday princesa," My father spoke while pouring a drink for himself.

      "You should know, you sent Darius," I told him while taking a seat.

      "It turned out necessary, with those boys playing tug of war," he said while walking towards me.
       "But I'm guessing you enjoyed your day with that little boy way better."

     "Do you always keep tabs on me?" I asked to which he fake complained in spansh.
     I however was sidetracked with thoughts about that day.

     "You like him Princesa," he said.

    "How's Mamma?" I deflected.

     "How's Mi Rosa?" he asked back.

     "I'm sure you already know, you spy on Rosaline too," I replied and he laughed.

     "How are you though? I saw the posts," He said suddenly.

     "I'm fine. It's being handled," I stated.

    "You have a rat," he stated as I poured myself some juice.
    He didn't allow me to touch his liquor for some reason.

    "I'll have that looked into," I said then finished the juice.

      I stood to leave but he made me say for badminton and lunch.
    I could have left but I didn't know where I was. My phone's location system always got scrambled when I was there.
     Around dusk, we were finishing up a round of Clay Pigeon Shooting.

      "Double strike," he said after I shot down two Clay pigeons.

    "Can I be coming here just to do this? It's refreshing," I said while taking a sip of wine from my cup.

     "A shotgun in one hand and alcohol in the other shouldn't be considered refreshing Princesa," He told me.

    My phone beeped and I checked it. It was a few messages from Tammy and a headline.
   'ROYANNE AND DEMETRI CONFIRM RELATIONSHIP RUMOR!'

    I sighed and put my phone on my back in my bag.

    Later I had dinner with my father but I guess my mood was thrown off. Darius was the one to drive me home.

    "You know, you can talk to me Princesa," He said, looking sincere.

    Hmmm... No.

     "Ciao Marco," I said while getting into the car.

     "Papa," he corrected with a smirk as I closed the door.

       The next day was spent with Takumi. With all the media commotion I decided we'd spend the day indoors.
        He spent so much time with me and Lucas that he picked up Korean and Italian on top of Japanese. He also learnt bits of Spanish because I scolded him in it.

      We were in my kitchen making pastries, dumplings and the like.

     Takumi reached out and put cream on my face.
      "Eomma, you have cream on your face," He said while laughing

      "That's because you put it on me you little chipmunk," I said while tapping his nose.

      It was then that I registered what he called me. Eomma. He called me mom.
      I looked at him and he seemed normal. Like it was usual for him. Tears threatened to grace my eyes. But I blinked them back.

       He flashed me a bright smile while rolling the dough. I smiled back before reaching into the drawers to look for colorants and candy.
      My hand met nothing.

      "Bambino, did you see where I put the colorants and candies?" I asked Takumi.

      He shook his head then nodded,
     "Colorants are in the last week's cupcakes and candy is in my tummy."
     He said and tapped his stomach.

      "Naughty tummy," I said while poking his stomach then turning around, "well then I guess -"

      "Trip to the supermarket!" Takumi said then jumped onto my back. My arms immediately wrapped around him securely.

      "You're getting heavier, did you know that?" I teased him.

     "And you're not getting taller," He said then kissed my cheek.

     The audacity of this boy. LUCAS!!!!

     I gasped, "no extra candy for you."

     "Eomma, I'm sorry. Please," He begged as we walked to the garage, "Mamma... mommy... mom."

      I grinned inwardly as we got into the car.

      We arrived at the store. It was not usually crowded so I doubted I'd be attacked by the paparazzi.
       The two of us walked through the isles getting groceries. I pushed the trolley while Takumi put in the things he could reach for.

       "Mamma, Can I get something for dad?" he asked.

        Takumi's love for Lucas was undeniable.

       "Where?" I asked and he pointed at the end of the isle.

      "Wait here," he said while running towards the place before I could go with him.

      I kept my eye on him as he looked for whatever he wanted.
    I decided to get the sweetener but it was at the back and on the top shelf. Let's just say, I wasn't blessed in that category.

      "Do you always go through this?" someone asked and the got the sweetener for me. I looked at the person.

      "Jamain," I exclaimed. My smile matching the one on his face.

     "How are you?" I asked as we shared a hug.

      "I'm okay, you?" he asked as we pulled away. His hands still on my arms.

      "Estoy bien," I replied while taking a look at him. His hair was in twist outs. His grey eyes bright. And he was dressed in grey sweatpants and a dark red Stanford hoodie.

       "Mamma, I'm back," Takumi announced while putting a box in the trolley.

      Jamian had a puzzled look on his face, "You.. Got a kid?"

      "Um.. Yah," I said while Takumi held my hand.

     "With Lucas?" he asked again while looking at Takumi.

     "Something like that," I replied. This must have seemed a bit awkward.

     "Hey lil sport," Jamain said to Takumi. A smile on his face.

     "Hello," Takumi responded with a small bow.

     "What's your name?" Jamain asked.

    "Takumi," He responded.

     "Well Takumi, great to meet you. I'm Jamain," Jamain said.

     "You're tall," Takumi said while stepping towards him and looking up. This made the both of us laugh.
     "You also have grey eyes, like Ro," Takumi added.

      Jamain was about to say something when Takumi began pushing the trolley saying that we had to go finish or the cheese would melt.

      "He's quite the ball of energy," Jamain commented, while smirking at me.

     We continued our talk as he helped me carry the things to my car.
     I helped Takumi buckle in.

     "Bye Uncle Jamie," Takumi said and I laughed at the nickname.

     "Bye Takumi," He said then pointed at me, "don't you dare ever repeat that."

      "I haven't even said a word," I defended, "relax.. Jamie."

      "I'll get you back Dimples, maybe even teach you a thing or two in badminton," He challenged. We had bumped into each other a few more times after Royanne's birthday.

     "Pfff. I'll be the one teaching You," I told him.
      He rolled his eyes then chuckled and held out his hand.

    "What?" I asked.

     "Your phone, we're gonna have to communicate if I have to teach you a few tricks," he replied.

     "What makes you think I'll call or text you?" I teased.

     "I have really strong faith," he replied but then passed me his phone.

      After exchanging phone numbers, we said goodbye and I got into the car.
      I looked to find Takumi finishing a chocolate bar.

     "Takumi!" I exclaimed.

      "I got hungry," he responded and pouted.

      I sighed then smiled at him, "I guess we'll go straight to making lunch then."

      He smiled back as I tapped his nose. I then looked forward and started the car.

     "Mama daisuki," He whispered. It was so low but I heard him

      "I love you too," I responded in a whisper as well.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

3.1K 301 41
"Seriously you've dated the same guy since freshman year!" He asks astonished. I nod my head. "So, you've only kissed one guy?" I laugh. "Why does...
193K 6K 39
"When I first met you, you were a complete stranger. But through time, I thought I really started to get to know you. To know the way you react to th...
2.8M 125K 65
[Billionaire / Fake Relationship] The last thing Livy expects is to fall for Logan, the hot but damaged billionaire who wants to help her pay for her...
11.8K 248 39
**In the process of being edited** Melanie Newman believed in happily ever afters. That was untill her parents forced her to break up with the person...